Ryan's Bistro & Wine Bar
17607 Gold Plaza, Ste. 107
Omaha, NE 68130Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Ryan's Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryansbistro.com/
- Phone: 4026142202
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Abdallah Meghzaze
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ryan's Bistro & Wine Bar
The idea behind the menu of Ryan's Bistro is variety. The wine list is a focal point of the restaurant, with over 100 wines. Great food served with the ambiance of the fireplace and a see-and-be-seen crowd.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ryan's Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our 2nd visitlvlathropDined on 2/15/2014This was my husband and I's 2nd visit to Ryan's Bistro. The food was very good...we ate too much! Overall we had a very good experience. With 2 exceptions: it was VERY noisy and we were seated a section where everytime the front door opened (despite the 2 entry door system) we got a blast of cold air and it was very chilly. My husband was tempted to put his coat back on even!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great experience!MuffinsDined on 2/15/2014Fantastic food and service. Variety of tastes to choose from. Wonderful Bananas Foster made at your table. Quaint restaurant that is a neighborhood gem! Great for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for special occasionsdiningoutfanDined on 2/14/2014Noisy chatter,lacking ambiance on so many levels, service staff similar to a diner, food was good but not $55 per plate. When the noise finally died down at the end of the valentine evening, music from happy days was the background music.Special Features:
- Valentine's Diningcookin4funDined on 2/14/2014Great atmosphere, a little noisy being a smaller place that was very busy. The waitress we had was great, explaining how the menu worked for the evening, bringing each course at the right time and checking in on us just right. The appetizers and deserts were amazing. The main course was fair. My wife's steak was over cooked, she ordered it medium rare and it was on the verge of medium well. The best part of the main course was the potatoes. I thought for the $55 a person the meal could have been a lot better. I have had $20 steaks taste a he'll of a lot better. I would like to try their regular menu sometime, but will maybe think twice on ordering a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayJeffDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful meal, but felt rushed by the speed at which courses were served. I know it was Valentine's Day, but we were hoping for a little less frenetic experience. When we lingered over dessert, we felt we were not welcome. That has not been our experience before when we dined here, so will chalk it up to an especially busy night.Special Features:
- The food was amazing, appetizersteshepDined on 1/18/2014The food was amazing, appetizers and meal. Enjoyed the specialty martinisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice wine, appetizers, meal, desserphilDined on 1/10/2014They have a farily large wine list, although most was from California (my preference is for having a broader selection of international wines at a restaurant that touts its wine list). Bacon wrapped dates were a delicious appetizer, as were the entrees (beef tenderloin and mako). Creme brulee was very creamy - delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were four in our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014There were four in our party and three of us rated the food excellent. One other and I had the chicken breast w/ gouda cheese in a pastry puff with cherry drizzle over the top. I loved it but the other person didn't care for the cherry drizzle. The steak medallions and the gouda mac & cheese got rave reviews. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestDDDDDined on 1/4/2014This is hands down one of the best restaurants in Omaha. Our service on this particular evening was the best i have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningAwesomeVIPDined on 1/3/2014Three couples had a great night out at Ryan's. We started with appetizers and drinks. The appetizers were awesome. I thought the wine list was adequate but the prices seemed a bit high to us. Our entrees were all spectacular - we had steak, salmon and pasta between us all. The food was fantastic. I would highly recommend the wood plank salmon - it was probably the best salmon I have ever eaten. The restaurant was full - 7pm reservation, but around 8pm it started to clear out which reduced the noise level. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We have gone a lot and have never had any issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW YEARS EVE DINNERAllanGDined on 12/31/2013We've been to Ryan's several times before and totally enjoyed our experience there but, New Years Eve dinner not so much. Dinner was labeled as "Exquisite Prix Fare" four course dinner ($65/person) but was far from Exquisite. Dinner service was rushed and not the relaxing dinner I was hoping for especially at $65 price point. Food quality was much less than what I have grown to expect from Ryan's. Lesson learnt, don't go for dinner on New Years Eve when there are three dinner settings in one evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013The restaurant itself is very nice however our food was a big disappointment. Our apps were not very good at all, our steaks were ordered medium rare and was delivered medium well to well done. The steaks that were redone of us had no seasoning at all. Probably will not be back.
- Great DinnerAwesomeVIPDined on 12/7/2013We had 4 very good meals and wine to boot. Great ambience which created a nice evening. The steaks were cooked to our pleasure and the appetizers were excellent. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice cozy location for dinner.
- This was our second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013This was our second visit. Very good food, well prepared with some surprise ideas on the menu. Excellent service both times.Special Features:
- Not up to parcjnebraskaVIPDined on 11/19/2013After coming here so many times, we were disappointed with this last experience. The waitress was either new or doesn't know how to do her job correctly. We had a coupon for a free appetizer which we never received. After taking our orders our waitress disappeared. My husband's short ribs were good, but half of the plate was covered with mashed potatoes. Not sure if this is to make the servings look bigger than they are or why. The lamb burger was dry and crispy on the edges with a burnt taste. It did not have much flavor. We finally received refills on our water when we were half finished with our food and they were not even busy, It was a Tuesday night. Very disappointing meal.
- Everything was great! HopeprimeministerDined on 10/26/2013Everything was great! Hope they do well, I'd come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner experienceAllanGDined on 10/17/2013Try the Baked Brie it is excellent, steaks were cooked to correct temperature. Finished the meal with banana foster done table-side, very good. Service was attentive and fun, would recommend for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time and lovedenjoyanightoutDined on 10/8/2013Had a great time and loved the food, so many options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine and food.ChuckDined on 10/5/2013The wine list was good (although a little overwhelming since we are not wine experts). Both recommendations by the waitress were very nice. Salad, main meal and dessert were great. We had the bananas foster, which was prepared tableside and fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findErinHDined on 10/3/2013A friend recommended this place to me and I loved it. The food was really good and you have to try the Mac n cheese.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!HamberDined on 9/22/2013Loved everything about it! Service was not overly friendly, but was otherwise good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningJeffDined on 9/21/2013We sat outside on a lovely evening. The patio is private and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weeksupperclubDined on 9/18/2013Tasty selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts, just right for a delicious meal without being heavy laden. The roasted grapes and brie crostini with chili honey is a must for the regular appetizer menu!! Our supper club group tasted each of the Omaha Restaurant Week selections and all were outstanding. Tucked away off 176th & Center, it's a best kept secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!Anonymous0123Dined on 9/15/2013My girlfriends and I tried this palce in honor of Omaha Restaurant week and we were very pleased with all aspects of this place. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and the ambience was great. The place is pretty small and fills up quick, but we were able to hold an easy conversation without worrying about eavesdroppers from nearby tables. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 914201309202013Dined on 9/14/2013the waiter was good and very efficient, party of 3, 3 courses done in 45min. the appetizers were very tasty, the entree of steak was OK. nice wine list. they were able to modify my desert to make it GFI would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and not rushed.MissyDined on 9/14/2013I don't like going to restaurants where they move you in and out so fast and don't give you time to just sit and chat. I did not feel rushed here at all. We were there about an hour and a half and it was just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menuAmandaDined on 9/14/2013Went with two girlfriends for the Restaurant Week special. We had a great time: food was delicious, portion sizes were reasonable, server recommended a Restaurant Week special for wine that was affordable and enjoyed by all, and overall we had a great time! The meal felt a little rushed at times because of Restaurant Week (we went early and there weren't that many people there, so it seemed unnecessary to hurry us through the meal), but it's understandable with the expected inflow for Restaurant Week and I have not had that experience other times I have arrived. We will definitely be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outBuzzDined on 8/23/2013Great food and Menu! Good service. Poor wine list and selections. Disappointing wine. Pricey for what is offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope springs eternal ...just2twoDined on 8/10/2013The menu is varied and inviting. We all shared tastes. The bruschetta looked lovely, but didn't have much tomato flavor. The lobster bisque had nice flavor, but was watery, and I wasn't sure what was at the bottom of my cup -- pieces of lobster and/or pieces of tomato? Scallops were cooked to perfection and delicious. Filet -- perfectly cooked. Delicious! The brie chicken beautiful - rave reviews. Gouda mac and cheese - cheese sauce was runny and not very flavorful. The red wine risotto was my first experience with risotto, and had nice flavor, but was a mauve-y colored blob. Not very attractive. Wine list -- very impressive, though a little overpriced. We definitely would go back again, but might be more cautious in our choices..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot in West OJays911VIPDined on 8/2/2013We hadn't been here for awhile. It is an excellent choice, and we won't wait so long to return. Good food, reasonably priced, with attentive service, all in a very nice space.Special Features:
- Great TimeluvtoeatoutDined on 7/26/2013We had a wonderful evening at Ryan's. Our meals were good but our husbands had the scallops and commented they were a bit to salty. But over all a very relaxing evening!Special Features:
- Very good experience!HappyCustomerDined on 7/6/2013I was very excited about making reservations to come to Ryan's Bistro Saturday night. My boyfriend and I brought in our own bottle of wine and were the only ones in there around 7:00. Our waitress was outstanding and very nice. It was quiet and our food was phenomenal. We shared the spinach artichoke dip which was delicious. Our entrees were chicken alfredo and macaroni and cheese. I will be back in soon! Very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013We will be back. Excellent food and service. The patio on a warm evening was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AmysevDined on 6/7/2013The outside of Ryan's Bistro is nothing special, but it is deceiving! The food is outstanding. We started with the stuffed dates, the bestselling appetizer. Amazing! My husband wasn't impressed, but only because he doesn't like dates. Ever. The lobster bisque was only okay, but the entrees made up for it. The Brie chicken was delicious, and my husband said the braised short ribs were as well. Dessert? A solid rendition of creme brûlée, and bananas foster. We will definitely be returning to Ryan's Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We love this restaurant normally, one of our fav. This time we went for mothers day brunch and service was way off. We had to wait almost 15 min. just for someone to greet us and give us water. They delivered our meal before taking our starter buffet plates...and we had to ask them to take them after they dropped off all the meals! And the steak was really tough, though rest of food was super. We will return since this was not the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a delicious , pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Had a delicious , pleasant dinner with great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Treated like royalty, forDoggerDined on 4/23/2013Treated like royalty, for an anniversary dinner. Made me look like an all-star husband, thanks!Special Features:
- Very tasty food, with a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Very tasty food, with a very nice atmosphere. In warmer weather, I bet it'd be pretty cool to enjoy dining on the patio area.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Took my mom to lunch for her birthday. Neither of us had been to Ryan's Bistro before. It was the perfect setting. Would also be great for a date! It's a very quaint and relaxed atmosphere! The food tasted wonderful and the presentation of the food was nice. I will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2013Great atmosphere, food and location. Reasonable pricing and something for everyone.Special Features: