Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille
281 Princeton Ave
Brick, NJ 08724Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ryanmichaels.net/
- Phone: (732) 701-3313
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 7:30am - 12:00pm.
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Barnhard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have a complete catering menu available for Private Parties in our Dining Room for up to 70 Guests or for Off Premises parties as well.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties for any event, including Christenings, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, Communion, Confirmation, Graduation, Family Reunion, Special Birthday can be arranged by calling our catering department.
- Private Party Contact: Roger 7327013313
A word from Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille
Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in a Clean, Comfortable Marina Setting with a Scenic View of the Metedeconk River. We are Family owned and operated. We are a Full Service BYOB Restaurant. Our Menu includes a wide variety of Freshly Prepared Items using locally purchased products. During the Summer months, we offer Dock and Dine accommodations as well as Outdoor Seating. In addition to Open Dining, We can accommodate Private Parties for any event for up to 70 Guests. We look forward to serving you in the near future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Ryan Michaels or Coastal somethingCaseyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Ive tried this place before it changed hands again and it just never makes the cut. The room and décor are never intimate or appealing. The little bar area would be nice if they had a license. The service was amateur and no attention to detail. I feel for the wait staff but it was not good. The food was OK. I wish someone could make the setting a bit more intimate and also bring in some experience to run it as it should be. Im sorry to say its the same ole same oleSpecial Features:
- Good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The servers were very, very nice. The view was pretty and my daughter really liked eating while looking at the bay. The food was good, but nothing memorable. The Firecracker Shrimp sauce definitely tasted just like Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce. Not that I'm complaining. I love Frank's. But if I wanted Franks, I would go home and eat it.. for less money. The Hummus was alright. It didn't taste bad, just very bland. Everything else we ordered was good. Not great, but good. The only really disappointing thing is that they don't have lobster. I mean, they have lobster mac and cheese and I think there might have been one other dish with chunks of lobster, but that was it. I just feel like you expect waterfront restaurants to have lobster.Special Features:
- Excellent mealRobbinsVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been seeing this on opentable for some time and we decided to try it. It was early Saturday evening and the restaurant was very quiet. We were seated at a table for 8 and there were just 2 of us because all the window tables were for large parties. But our meal was delicious! The dinner salad was a nice size and homemade dressing very good. I had the tuna off the menu and it was very very good. Huge portion and very tasty. My husband had scallops which were also very good but that portion was smaller. Note name change to Coastal Chaos. Not sure why open table has not updated as its hard to find to begin with. Interesting place and we would go back.Special Features:
- FrankDined on 9/6/2014I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends. I will be back.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureFrankandzsharDined on 9/6/2014From the warm, jolly welcome Roger gives you when you walk through the door to the friendly staff,consistently good food and beautifulJersey Shore setting...this hidden restaurant is a gem you are lucky to find!Special Features:
- Always DeliciousMaureenDined on 8/29/2014They have a wide variety of delicious food - all fresh and made to order. From pasta to pork chops, to steak to chicken to seafood ...Special Features:
- Coastal ChaosjackVIPDined on 8/24/2014It took awhile to find this restaurant as it does not go by the name Ryan Michael's but Coastal Chaos. We went for brunch and it was fine. We were just expecting more. It is a breakfast place for the kids and you can roll out of bed and go. It is a diner. The staff was very helpful, the basic American breakfast food was good and the limited view of the water is fine. It just should not be on open table.Special Features:
- Improve first impressionLparsaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was good we would return. Just a few suggestions. Glasses of water on table, offer ground pepper and grated cheese, we had to ask for both. Little things create nice atmosphere for diners. The service was prompt, we were the only ones there . Just lacked a few things you expect especially if restaurant wants to be known for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was great, still is!ByelyseDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I have been to Ryan michaels a number of times. Since changing owners and the name to coastal chaos, this visit was our first time. I was happy to find the menu very similar and any changes made were delicious ones! The crab bruschetta, shrimp appetizer, and paella main course are my personal reccomendations. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed dinerFood4thoughtDined on 7/31/2014Host/manager greeted us at the door with a a less than friendly attitude. We were with our children as we just got back from the Jersey Shore pirate excursion located downstairs from the restaurant. One would think a restaurant above a children's attraction would be kid friendly; unfortunately that was not the case. The host immediately took my 3 year old's toy sword from him as he gruffly told him he would get it back at the end of the meal. The waiter was young, nice, and competent. Unfortunately the food was bland and uninspired. I was completely turned off by the host/ manager's attitude and the food was nothing special. It is a beautiful spot and could be something special but as it is I will not be returning.Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille reviews archive.
- Poor FoodFoodies11609Dined on 7/19/2014Tried find Ryans and GPS said you're here? Called the number and the person said the name is now Coastal Chaos? Odd Name! Waiter was very nice and attentive. My friend had the onion soup which looked nice but was tasteless, the calamari was the frozen kind and tough, I will say the shrimp appetizer was good. I had the sesame tuna it was salty and over cooked, my wife had pasta it was greasy and no taste. My friend had a chicken Murphy dish over mashed potatoes which was swimming in a watery sauce finally his wife had a lobster sandwich again no taste. The chef needs to stop using frozen items because everything looses it's taste. He/she should also taste there own dishes for flavor.
- New Name: Coastal ChaoskarnakdavVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has changed it's name to Coastal Chaos, so not sure why they haven't changed all the Ryan Michael advertising. No matter the name though, this was the absolute worst dining experience I can ever recall. Our entire office went out for lunch so we had a good number of dishes that we tried. We ordered fried calamari for starters and the serving portion was so small that most of us were outraged. There was barely a handful of calamari on each of the three orders. 4 of us ordered burgers -- 3 of which came out completely raw; not undercooked, RAW!! One ordered scallops, they too were completely raw and yet the "ahi" tuna was overcooked! It was a an absolutely terrible experience never to be repeated.Special Features:
- Casual DiningwineanddineVIPDined on 7/13/2014First time here and I went with my waiter's recommendation to try the Chaotic Paella as it was one of their best dishes (he said). I started with a bowl of their Triple C soup. Both courses were plentiful and pretty good; I'd say 3 1/2 stars on the quality. The service was friendly and casual, but also attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Get Beyond the NoiseMariaVIPDined on 7/12/2014While the food at Ryan Michael's was good, the noise level was deafening. There was a party going on when we got there but lucky for us they were all about ready to leave. But before they did, they had no regard for other diners nearby. I think we would have left if the party was in full swing. We couldn't hear ourselves talk and hardly was able to listen to the specials as told to us by our server. In all, I don't think we could go back.Special Features:
- Close byangionoDined on 7/3/2014took guests to our local retaurant for a nice evening, the lobster roll is terrific husband had crab cake, friends had scallops/rigatoni in vodka and paella everyone enjoyed the mealSpecial Features:
- beachloverDined on 6/15/2014Very disappointing. Over priced and the portions were tiny. Left hungry: (
- Great View and foodBill06Dined on 6/15/2014BYOB with a nice view of the water. Service was great, all enjoyed their meals. We ate outside on a beautiful daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for Father's Day Buffet Breakfast and all of the food was great. This is a great spot to stop before heading off on a Pirate Adventure, which is just down the path from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Hidden SpotScottDined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed dinner with another couple. We were seated next to the windows which gives a view over the marina and on out to the river. Our party enjoyed our selections. Fried oyster app special was great as was my fish special. There is a nice bar that is not being used as the restaurant does not have a liquor license and is BYOB. If the bar gets a license it would be a great spot for a drink,Special Features:
- Restaurant changed nameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Name change not noted on web site. Confusing for friends meeting us there for first time too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeRock15Dined on 5/15/2014Had a great birthday dinner at coastal chaos! Food was really good and we had great service! Will definitly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as other visitsshoredinerDined on 5/15/2014We have enjoyed eating at this restaurant when it was Ryan Michael's and again when it became Coastal Chaos. The food has always been excellent but neither dish we had this time was very tasty. The potatoes with the salmon dish were very oily and I didn't eat them at all. We are hoping that it was just an off night and we will try again. We have brought many friends to your place and many of them now bring others friends so we hope that it was just an off night.
- mother's dayerikaDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant accommodates for large parties. Great first experience. BYOB. Nice view. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food was great as was the service. We always enjoy the view!Special Features:
- Excellent surprisemusetta3VIPDined on 5/4/2014A friend recommended Coastal Chaos to us which is the new name for Ryan Michaels. Everything was delicious. My only complaint was that some of the leaves in the salad were wilted and had black on the edges which for me was a no no and the others in my party didn't finish their salads for the same reason. The salads were not included so they need to work on fixing that. Other than that all was great.Special Features:
- Good - but not greatNJTomVIPDined on 5/4/2014Portions were on the small side (calamari portion was small, but they were tender); crab cake was good, but too much tartar sauce on it; lobster mac & cheese was just OK; fish and chips - small pieces of fish; scallops were tasty & cooked nicely, Deserts were the best part - almond cake and chocolate cakeSpecial Features:
- FoodJrzySteelerGrlDined on 4/26/2014Went back for a 2nd time and both meals were outstanding. The view was peaceful. the service was good too. will defiantely go back againSpecial Features:
- Disappointed with the meal.JeanneDined on 4/10/2014My husband and I went for the first time during restaurant week hoping that we might have a nice little gem in the neighborhood. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. We are big foodies and cook quite a lot so when I eat out I expect the food to be at least as good as mine or better. It was clear that the breaded shrimp we had were frozen and the lemon sauce on the artichokes was very floury. The salmon was okay but the lobster mac and cheese was a huge disappointment. There was no melted cheese to be seen in the dish. Nothing on top and very soupy. Unfortunate.
- It was my first time thereGooftrpDined on 4/5/2014It was my first time there and my table said the food was great,I will be back again when it is not rest week to see if it is still the same.Would like to know if they will be getting a Liquior Lic in the furture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will come again, for sureRenee612Dined on 3/22/2014Went with a party of 8 and had a great dinner. The BYOB makes it an inexpensive night out! I had the Flounder Milanese and it was perfect. The portion was large enough that my husband got to enjoy it too : ). Others in my group had the salmon, scallops, pork chop, chicken ... All were pleased, service was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the menu and foodShannonTimDined on 3/1/2014I thought the menu and food were fabulous! I know they are redoing the inside and updating the menu just hope they do not change it too much ! It was fantastic the ribs omg the ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeviccoDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I had dinner there the other night and it was terrific. The ribs melted in your mouth and my wifes fish dinner was exceptional. great place and they make you feel very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner afterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/16/2014Disappointing dinner after I've had heard so many rave reviews. My dinner was excellent but my husband's was a disaster! It came out cold, the fish was slimy and no one in the restaurant could open a corked beer bottle. The people serving were friendly and dessert was great. When the bill came, it had charges that weren't ours. There was no simple fix-the transaction couldn't be voided and redone so we had to take cash back.... After all this I thought the espresso (which was ice cold) and dessert should have been "on the house"....
- Valentine's Day SuccessFeshDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I go somewhere new every Valentine's Day. This has led to some...less than great Valentine's Day dinners. But not at Ryan Michael's! The decor isn't the greatest, but it has a certain charm to it. That's really the only "negative". The food was delicious, the service was great. There's not much more to know. I had scallops & shrimp, she had Mahi Mahi and we both loved our food. We also had breaded squid for an appetizer that came with both a red sauce and a Sriracha mayo. Delicious!Special Features:
- Ryan Michael's Riverfront GrilleBillandChuckDined on 2/14/2014As a first timer I enjoyed the where is it, oh back here, oh over there, oh I see the lights!!!! I love Marinas in winter at night, the sound of sailboat mast hardware clanging in the breeze. Always reminds me of the uniqueness if the jersey shore. Parking lot gravel is a bit unfriendly for good shoes if it's been raining or snowing. Remember to drive up to restaurant entrance and drop your pals off and then go park. Service was good. All the staff friendly. Food is the big draw to this little casual dining spot. Very good selections. Everyone in our party praised the flavor and portion size. I recommend they and lobster tails to their menu. We went at night but I image the view during the day is nice if the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Awkward AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Went to Ryan Michael's Riverfront Grille after it was recommended several times by a friend. The food did not disappoint. The avocado crab bruschetta was the perfect way to start. All our food was incredible with vibrant tastes, and were nicely complimented by a BYOB bottle. The only thing we were confused or disappointed about was the dining room itself. A recommendation to the owner: throw a few white table cloths over the outdated 90s tables, spruce up the hard chairs, and settle down on the strange combination of paints. The causal atmosphere did not seem to match the higher-end prices, but with a few cosmetic changes it will all make sense.Special Features:
- We've been to the restaurantCurlybobDined on 2/14/2014We've been to the restaurant before and have always been very happy with everything. A little pricey, but a nice place with very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I've been to their breakfast place when it was in point pleasant, and this place is just as good. The choices of entrees are different and delicious. We got the blueberry baby back ribs and the meatloaf. The ribs were sweet but had a little spice to them. They weren't over powered by blueberry, they were great. The meatloaf was very flavorful. The other couple with us got the pasta with vegetables and that was outrageous! The food was great and I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++HajjiDined on 1/18/2014I can't speak highly enough of our recent dinner at Ryan Michael's. My husband & I took our daughter, her fiancé and our close friend, all of whom are discriminating foodies, to this unpretentious gem on the waterfront in Brick. The rave reviews that they gave to the food, the service and the atmosphere confirmed our own opinion: Ryan Michael's is the best restaurant on the Jersey Shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find but worth itNJBlueskiesDined on 1/18/2014I am not familiar with Brick and found Ryan's through Open Table. We are so glad we went there. For being a "grille" hidden behind a marina we were so pleased with the food we bought a gift certificate as a present for a cousin's upcoming birthday. Highly recommend this restaurant and I plan on going back again during the day to see the marina views since it was dark when we were there this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.