Ryan Duffy's Wine Bar and Grill
515 Prince St
Truro, NS B2N 1E8Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ryan Duffy's Wine Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryanduffys.ca/truro.html
- Phone: 9028433131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Canning
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We do offer many different options for catering. We do lunch time paninis and salads as well we do offer some options for evening catering. Just email email@example.com or call 843-3131 and our friendly staff will be happy to help you.
- Entertainment: Our brother restaurant Split Crow Pub next door that we are attached to has live bands and entertainment every Friday and Saturday at 9 pm. As well as open mike every Tuesday at 9 pm. Just keep your dinner receipt that night when you go next door and there's no cover charge for you.
A word from Ryan Duffy's Wine Bar and Grill
A stiff drink, juicy steaks and sumptuous salad still tempt both locals and visitors to Ryan Duffy’s, amid fine stemware, linens and exquisite service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ryan Duffy's Wine Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Should have listened to the ReviewsYvonneDined on 10/18/2013Despite having reserved online the hostess did not have our birthday reservation. Wasn't an issue as only one other table of 3 people in restaurant & there were only 3 of us. Still waited 5 mins to have our drink order taken. Asked if she could recommend a wine. She stated that she knew very little about wines, so couldn't , but would check out back. We ordered a familiar name instead. We could tell the service was going to be slow, so only ordered appetizers( we only had 1.2 hours before having to leave for a function). Caesar salad & calamari were great. Chowder was a fish broth, not a chowder.Ordered the smoked salmon appetizer, received the salmon with cream sauce dinner! The hostess was polite & apologized.
- I was disappointed that thecleoDined on 9/27/2013I was disappointed that the lunch menu was not as advertised online! However we were able to make good selections, and portions were quite generous. My garlic mashed potatoes were a bit gelatinous and my creme brulee was more like a pudding as the topping was not crispy. The Ryan Duffy's in Halifax could certainly take some lessons on good service from their Truro location!Special Features:
- Great Service poor quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013Baked potato came loaded which some people don't like. Potato was barely warm and paid $6 for veggies that were barely warm as well and not great! Steak had no taste. I dont mind paying for a good meal but, better food at the keg for less money!Special Features:
- dine4 fundine4funDined on 8/21/2013Although not of the same caliber as Halifax an excellent dining spot in Downtown Truro! Most of my guests enjoyed their meal howevr the Ceasar Salad was a dissapointment compared to Halifax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, this our firstHappyNotDined on 7/23/2013Unfortunately, this our first ever visit to Ryan Duffy's was not wonderful. It was okay but I was expecting a bit more than okay. There were nine of us dining and 4 out of the 9 were not pleased. Two of my party had cold potatoes and was then told by the staff that the microwave was broken..!! not sure why that was applicable as it should have been served hot from the range. I had heard good things about the Ryan Duffy's in Halifax and so I was expecting the same sort of fine dining experience. One of my party had asparagus which was very chewy... I would not rush back. Sorry.
- Disappointing ExperienceDisappointedDinerDined on 7/19/2013As self-proclaimed foodies, my boyfriend and I went to Ryan Duffys for our anniversary after hearing about the great food. Although the food was good, my boyfriend did not receive the dish he asked for and when he did mention it when our plates arrived, the server did not attempt to correct the mistake, but quickly said (in reference to him ordering the other dish), "No you didn't". She said she repeats the orders back to customers to catch mistakes but did not do this with our orders. The server brought up the fact that he didn't receive what he had originally ordered several times throughout the evening making the dining experience uncomfortable. We ended up leaving extremely disappointed when it should have been a night of celebrating.
- lacklusterworldtravellerDined on 6/25/2013While the service was good the entrees were dry and just generally bland. Poor value for the price
- Not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013For a restaurant who prides themselves in steaks....not so good plus please get rid of the frozen vegetables and add vegetables that are in season. Really disappointed in the food. The service was good. When you charge premium prices and get less than mediocre well that will not last in Truro! I spent 500$ (8people) for a really bad steak.
- The roast beef was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The roast beef was excellent . Cooked to our liking . Compliments to the chef .Enjoyed our meals immensely .Special Features:
- extremely dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Called "Bar and Grill"..there is no bar, no where to wait for your table. Bland decor. Using Ryan Duffy's name would lead me to believe there was a connection with the Halifax location. Ceasar salad not prepared table side, not given option to chose cut of meat. waitress read the specials then said "but we are out of that" Requested steak Pitsburgh blue and was told " we are not allowed to do that" asked for charred/rare steak was served blue and outside was a gray colour. Sides were near cold. Soup was cold/warm not hot. Fellow diners had similar dissapointing experience. We were last table (6 diners) and one other table of two. Came to find out it was the owner who did not inquire of our experience (now I know why he didn't)
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013My date had the pork, it wasnt very good at all and a small portion. My meal was delectiable and a fair portion (prime rib special) Dessert was greatSpecial Features:
- You have already receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013You have already received our comments on our experience; we have been given complementry dinner, however i am not intersted. I Have dined at the Truro Ryan Duffy's twice and found the food was ok, however the service was only fair. The second time we were very disapointed. We are small business owners and were excited about supporting Ryan Duffy's in Truro, we are in great need of fine dining restaurants however will not be returning. We were told that Ryan Duffy's also are affliated wtih The split crowe, the food is aweful at the crowe and I too was served food burnt. Maybe the same cooks?
- Dined with 4 other people.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Dined with 4 other people. Shared the Social Board to start. Good but came with mini Breton crackers instead of the crisps it usually comes with. Pretzel rolls were delish. Caesar Salad was very good and the Lobster & Asparagus dish was excellent. Shared the Lava Cake for dessert. It was good but we didn't love the banana ice cream. The other 4 people ordered steak. All except one were cooked as ordered. However, the mashed potatoes and veggies were cool. Nice selection of wines by the glass. My only big complaint is that the outside door leads right into the restaurant. A vestibule is needed to keep the cold from flowing through the place every time the door is opened. Overall, I aways enjoy my meals at this restaurant.
- We were there for a work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012We were there for a work lunch and it was a great location. The food was delicious, especially the cheesecake for dessert and the service was fantastic. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- The meal was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The meal was outstanding and the staff incredible!Special Features: