1 Market Sq.
Saint John, NB E2L 4Z6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ryanduffys.ca/
- Phone: 5066425586
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Costain
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Boardroom can accommodate 20 guest for dining and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5066425586
A word from Ryan Duffy's
Located near the Saint John waterfront at 1 Market Square, at Ryan Duffy's we strive to be your restaurant of choice and your favorite steakhouse. It is our great pleasure to offer you our renowned on-site dry aged Alberta AAA steaks, cut and weighed table-side, fresh local seafood that will inspire your pallet, and… Caesar salads perfectly prepared table-side. Allow our knowledgeable servers to delight you in our comfortable contemporary decor with their ability to anticipate your every dinning need. Or perhaps it is a lively social atmosphere you seek, in which case our bar or lounge might be your destination to enjoy one of our famous martinis with our delicious Burgers or Fish & Chips. Be wined, dined, and dazzled with an explosion of flavours.Continued
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ryan Duffy's - Best Restaurants in Saint John ›
Ryan Duffy's reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)romantic (10)fit for foodies (8)scenic view (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good food but overpricedanonDined on 10/13/2014At $28 for a steak I would have expected to not have my mother having to discretely spit out gristle. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. The creme brulee was the best I have ever had. $10 for a cocktail is too much. Our dinner was good but I wouldn't be running to go back. I also will not refuse to go back. There did not seem to be tableside prep despite the online menu description (we had a caesar salad). In summary, the good evened out the bad. Some things are spot on fabulous. Some things need improvement.Special Features:
- dining with visitorsmad4foodDined on 10/4/2014We had an excellent meal at Ryan Duffy's and our out-of-town visitors were very impressed with both food and location. This new restaurant showcases Maritime food, architecture and hospitality!Special Features:
- Great placeHoaryheadDined on 9/27/2014we drove down from Sussex to have a quiet dinner. We weren't disappointed. Good food, good service, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- DeliciousTB37Dined on 9/23/2014The food here is some of the best in town and well worth the price, will come back again.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLynn2wineDined on 9/20/2014From making a reservation, to service, to food quality and wine list, the whole experience was excellent. Hard to find in Saint John. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meyouDined on 8/27/2014The food was good but the service was very slow. We got drinks within ten minutes but our appetizers were almost 45 minutes after ordering before we were No in between checkup visits to the table and we weren't asked if we wanted a second drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot!FriendsDined on 8/23/2014First time at Ryan Duffy's. The restaurant decor is very nice. Service staff are very friendly & professional. We were a party of six and we were all served on time and the food hot. We were not rushed and the timing between courses is appropriate to a fine dining experience. I would return to try other menu items.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Very noisy the night we were in. We were next to a large table with a very young child who cried and cried. Why people would bring a child of that age to what is supposed to be a fine dining experience is beyond me. I thought the food was OK. Roast beef special was overcooked. No complaints about the service.
- Good food, Great serviceHoaryheadDined on 7/18/2014It was our 45th anniversary. When I told our waitress they immediately brought us a couple of flutes of champagne. Food was excellent, service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!!DuffyfanDined on 7/9/2014This was our second visit and just as the first visit, we left the restaurant talking about everything we had loved about the meal. Will definitely return for our next special occasion. My boyfriend insists that Ryan Duffy's is the best restaurant in SJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, meh; service, terriblesjdiner2Dined on 6/29/2014This restaurant has been open for some time now and I've been meaning to try it for a while. I finally did, but I won't be going back. On their Boardwalk patio there were not many tables filled, and that should have been a clear sign. Despite the lack of other customers, it took forever for the waitress to take our order. Then it took forever for the drinks to arrive. The food took an average amount of time to arrive and was just average. Our waitress didn't ask how our meal was until we were nearly finished eating. It then took forever to be able to get our bill and pay. Overall, it was an unpleasant experience. If you're going to the Boardwalk, consider any of the far better options like the Ale House or Peppers.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Ryan Duffy's reviews archive.
- Not bad, but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The appetizer (lobster and crab cakes) tasted good, but was a bit cold. Mustard chicken was interesting but some strange flavors. Special steak and scallops was good deal and well cooked. Cocktails: Hers was missing the apple slice, no biggie. His was supposed to be made with ginger beer (that has a fairly strong kick to it!) but tasted like it was made with ginger ale. Loved the pretzel buns! For the price paid, food and drinks should have been better.
- Very goodIsaMelDined on 5/11/2014We were here for mother's day, the service, the food and atmosphere were great. We will be back and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKevinBaconDined on 3/7/2014Awesome food, great service. Another couple was complaining about their experience but we didn't have an issue with ours at all. It actually made ours seem better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop Chop FestivalLuv2EatDined on 2/4/2014My friend and I ate here for the Chop Chop Festival - their chop chop plate was a lot of food and was delicious! Will be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great evening at RyanjoloeatsDined on 2/1/2014Had a great evening at Ryan Duffys...the food was excellent and the atmosphere made for a quiet romantic dinner. If you like steak its a great way to enjoy a good cut that they slice right at the table. Plus they have a great Wedge Salad which I have not before Saturday seen in any Maritime restaurants....was a pleasant surprise. Also a good selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow..........TbwcVIPDined on 11/22/2013Just had a wonderful dinner here on Friday. The appetizers were wonderful; we especially enjoyed the brie and also the coconut shrimp and seafood chowder. The main meals were also incredible and cooked to perfection. Our evening was also made perfect buy our fantastic server Sue who was exceptionally attentive. Will definitely be a regular to this new addition to the Saint John restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Enjoyed,service was a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Enjoyed,service was a bit slow eg.,did not receive our rolls& pickles until just before our meal and we waited quite a while for the meal my husbands steak was very good but my was dry perhaps it would be better seared on both sides first !I ordered an a la cart veg it was served on my dinner plate and was only 3little greens ( $6.00 is a lot to pay for three small Vegs,most good restaurants will serve your extra Vegs in a separate dish and if you would like to share them you may.That being said we did enjoy the evening ,we all had the house wine and found it very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Ryan Duffy'sjoannemclark23Dined on 10/24/2013Took my girlfriend to lunch for her birthday and I would definitely go back again. Service was professional but friendly, food was great, atmosphere was good - tables were not too close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe not ready yettempeboothDined on 10/21/2013The appetizers were fabulous. The pickles on the table, different and good. The steaks excellent, service bad. Both my self and my husbanda steaks were cooked incorrectly, but they were cooked what we had asked for just on the wrong steak...we switched.Bread on the table heated after ctting therefore came across stale. No butter. Timing awful. 1 hr between courses. Still using parsley sprinkle on plare, little behind the times. Vegetables non existant, one carrot cut in half and one small stalk of brocollini. Banana Dessert spectacular. We will try once again in a few weeks. We can blame some of the issues on the restaurant being newly opened.
- I did not see any area onFOODFANDined on 10/19/2013I did not see any area on the web site where a choice was offered between casual and fine dining.; we were looking for casual, not fine dining. Our meal and service were only so-so. Her wine was "off" and was eventually replaced with an explanation of a "bad bottle". The bill was presented with a charge of $49.00 for a bottle of more expensive wine, instead of $8.00 for a glass of the original Pinot Grigio. When this was pointed out to our waiter along with the fact I was only charged with one beer instead of two, there was a flipant response (a poor atempt at a joke, perhaps) but it was quickly corrected. I think they need more time to improve their offering. We will give it another try in the fine ding area some time in the future.