515 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 2065830300x3503
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Lounge: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Happy Hour: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Erick Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit www.renaissanceseattle.com for more details on private dining and banquet events.
- Special Events: Please Contact Food and Beverage Outlet Manager Clark McGuffie for more information. Phone:206.219.3880
A word from Rview
Located on the 28th Floor you will have stunning views of downtown Seattle while you savor the finest in Pacific Northwest cuisine. RView is open Monday through Saturday from 4pm-10pm, and lounge 4pm-11pm. RView is rated one of the top ten restaurants in the nation with a view from USA TODAY Travel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rview reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FUN PLACEonemoreDined on 8/5/2014Rview at happy hour is nice place to have a few drinks and some fantastic sliders. However, if there is a crowd, waitstaff on the floor can't keep up. This night , not too many people, so service was attentive. Love the variety of sliders, they usually have three kinds, beef and two others which seem to change, all good. Bartender is fantastic!!!! if you sit at the bar, you'll have a great time.Special Features:
- Good food with a great viewDavidJDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I were happy with our dining experience here. The food was wonderful and it had a nice view. If you're in the heart of downtown Seattle it's walkable; however, it's a steep uphill getting there so consider a cab. $100 for dinner and two glasses of wine, no appetizer...so it's about average for a nice restaurant in Seattle. Good service.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Rview reviews archive.
- Beautiful ViewKP123Dined on 5/16/2014Grabbed a very good burger after a long day of travel. Food was good, service was good and atmosphere was very nice. Nice place to relax. Hope to stop back in for a late night drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view but food mediocreVacationersVIPDined on 4/3/2014We ordered NY strip steaks, two medium and one medium rare. One was well-done and two were medium. Serving fries with a steak is not a good pairing. They gave me roasted potatoes as they did not have baked potatoes. For the price we paid, we should've walked in the rain to Sullivan's for a great steak. View was beautiful!Special Features:
- Great View with Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/25/2014The trip to Rview was somewhat disappointing. We went there for happy hour, which looked like it had a great menu. The sliders were good as was the side of butternut squash, but nothing to write home about. However, the sweet potato fries were a huge disappointment. They tasted like they had been cooked in really old oil. The happy hour is a good value, but the non-happy hour drinks are pricey for what they are. You're mostly paying for the view.Special Features:
- Rooftop secret findPeterDined on 3/10/2014There are several rooftop dining room/bars in Seattle, but none as unique in their view as RView atop the Renaissance Hotel. Tucked away on the 38th floor,RView provides full-on views of it's neighbor skyscrapers and Lake Union, and peekaboo views of the sound, combining to give diners the impression of floating among--not above--the clouds. the food is simple, the menu too, but the quality of the source products make for a first-class meal. Our table enjoyed salmon smoked by G&D Seafood (from Gerard and Dominique) and a nice pork chop from Portland locavore favorites, Tails and Trotters. Affordable wine list. RView is a good spot to meet a buddy after work--or as a destination for a couple looking for a real 'in-city' urban experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, staff & wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Really enjoyed the view and the friendly staff. The mushroom soup was rich and hit the spot on a cold, windy night. Wine pairings were great. Sauces on our entrées were delicious. If you like your salmon or pork chops juicy, I suggest you make a point with the server. As a hotel, they probably primarily cater to out of town visitors more than Seattle foodies but all the right components are there at RView for an outstanding date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Be Much MoreCanTourDined on 2/22/2014The food was excellent and the view was spectacular, what the place lacked was some ambiance. Better up beat music, more lighting and better advertisement at the ground floor to pull you up...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with great viewsbogdi1988Dined on 2/14/2014Was a great place with nice Seattle views. Food was OK, but I will say it was not the best thing I've had. Menu seems a bit limited and the food could use a bit of... umm... flavor.Special Features:
- Date with a killer viewcasinojoeVIPDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentine's day. What a wonderful restaurant, located on the top floor of the Renaissance hotel in downtown Seattle, providing a killer view. The restaurant is draped in deep, rich woods and warm touches, such as the intimate lighting. The service was very timely, especially for a busy night, the meals were warm and full of flavor, from my wife's steak and sweet potatoes fries, to my angus beef burger with goat cheese garlic fries and our side of roasted beets with goat cheese on top. What a delicious meal and making it better looking at downtown Seattle from above. We finished with delicious and perfectly mixed dirty martinis. What a wonderful restaurant for any occasion or a fancy view anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done rViewGuyWhoDinedDined on 2/14/2014Food was great, service was great. Can't complain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014We had a lovely Valentines dinner at Rview. The table setup was modified from the normal layout by replacing the lounge area with intimate tables for 2. All the tables have a fantastic view of downtown Seattle. They had a special Valentine prix fixe menu which we chose not to utilize. However, we were both in the mood for steak and when Carly our server explained that the filet on the prix fixe menu was about 6 ounces (much smaller than the New York steak on the main menu) we asked if we could have the filet instead. Carly said probably not but she would check. She came back shortly and informed us we could have the filet - super. Their filet was the most tender filet I can recall ever having; flavorful also. I commend Rview.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs HelpTravelJetDined on 2/14/2014Great view, good food (could be better), not great serviceSpecial Features:
- cool low-key spotJeffVIPDined on 12/11/2013After looking for a bar that I can go to more affordably for dates than the space needle, I was excited to find this little gem up on the 28th floor downtown. So far, haven't found any other place with the same view for the price! Really liked the low-key atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerSeaCVIPDined on 11/28/2013When one decides to spend a good deal of money to go out for a very traditional holiday dinner, it definitely is expected that the experience will be a special one. In this case, if it weren't for the view, the experience would have ended up a complete regret. There was an incredibly loud group present (think a group there to watch football, that kind of noise), and they were not asked to quiet down at all. Also, the food was barely warm and honestly, I wonder if our server had served before. Even the restaurant manager seemed to be annoyed by the experience of being open. Overall, I have zero interest in returning.Special Features:
- Probably the Worst Meal EverCherylBVIPDined on 11/28/2013This was a special menu for Thanksgiving. We had a reservation 15 minutes after they opened. The restaurant is really a bar that accommodates a smallish number of people. It was 35 minutes before we received the soup, another 25 before the salad came; there was no bread (we asked). Another 20 minutes and then our three entrees of halibut, steak, and turkey came ,-- all were cold and the steak and fish were overcooked. The family style potatoes, dressing and brussell sprouts came and were cold; and also returned. When our replacement entrees came, the fish was better, the turkey was better, the steak was again overcooked. The side dishes were slightly warmer, but we had to ask for silver ware and serving spoons.
- Nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Menu was small, food was bland, server was confused. View was great.
- The view is awesome!SMckenzieDined on 11/22/2013My first at Rview and I really enjoyed it! The view is awesome, I think it makes the food even better.Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvsfoodandgoodserviceDined on 11/9/2013The Rview had absolutely amazing food. For the price, the portion sizes are reasonable and it tasted incredible. We had the salmon with asparagus in tomato cream sauce and the chicken with mushrooms and pan jus. They were both delicious and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Fantastic view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013Food was very good, good selection of wine, not overly priced but best of all was the view from the window seats at night.Special Features:
- Amazing AnniversarymegafishDined on 10/19/2013Using OpenTable to make a reservation was a snap - but I was more impressed that they listened to my comments and gave us a wonderful window side table to really enjoy the fantastic view. The food was incredible. We could hardly finish it all. But the server was kind enough to box it all up, along with some dessert, so we could continue our anniversary celebration at home. This is a special place and we hope to make it a tradition for future anniversaries.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in the cityTanyaShirlandDined on 10/16/2013I had never heard of RView until searching online for Seattle restaurants with a view. This restaurant blew my expectations out of the water. It's on the 28th floor of a hotel, so there were beautiful panoramic city shots while dining indoors (this is rare in Seattle!) and the food was divine. They have a happy hour from 4-6 so I will return to check out the happy hour. The hotel garage validates parking for 2 hours with a dining at Rview reservation, what a treat to not pay to park in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A View!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2013The place is small but very well laid out. The view is fabulous. The food was very good. The service was wonderful. We would definitely go again and will highly recommend it. We were there with guests from out of town and did not feel rushed or like they wanted to get rid of us, even though we were there for almost 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateur nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Don't now if it was training night but the wait staff were very amateurish. Food was good but not great. You are on the top, 28th, floor but with taller buildings surrounding there not that great of view.
- I made an impromptu reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I made an impromptu reservation for valentines day. Showed up a bit early, the host found us a table and sat within minutes. The server was very friendly and knowledgable. The view was awesome. I had a great experience, would definately recommend this place for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Great NightGeneDined on 2/14/2013I took my girlfriend there for Valenine's Day and it was our first time there and I must say that we were quite impressed. Each tabel and the bar were full on this special occasion so I am not sure what it is like on a normal night. We had a window seat and could see the water, even at night. Our service was great, food wonderful and dessert was superb. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- I was there early for dinner,BuzzVIPDined on 1/22/2013I was there early for dinner, but the food was excellent and well presented. Service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- We went here for ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2012We went here for Thanksgiving and LOVED it. Very good service and hospitality. Would go again!Special Features:
- Quite nice. Very good andJohnfromPAVIPDined on 7/13/2012Quite nice. Very good and authentic Italian food. If just two are dining ask to sit at the two seat area overlooking the chefs.Special Features:
- The food was awesome - especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012The food was awesome - especially the veg options! The drinks were great and as our first visit, it was an awesome experience.
- Food was good, but for theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2012Food was good, but for the money, I've had better. I guess you pay for the view.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2012Small gem in the sky! We had a great time and the views are unmatched Our server Kat was so nice and helpful as she guided us through the menu. Her recommendations were spot on. Great lounge area as well. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- This place was a major disappointmeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/7/2012This place was a major disappointment. Our service was terrible and they weren't even busy. After I ordered the server asked me if I wanted the special which she never told me about so I had to ask what it was. The food was worse then something you would get at Applebees, and the price was WAY inflated for how terrible it was. If your staying there you are way better off walking a block to a decent place. This was a major let down and we will never eat these again.Special Features:
- Super nice staff! Great food.JasonDined on 3/27/2012The staff was very friendly. The lamb chops were great. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Food is AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/18/2012We stayed at the Renaissance and decided to try RView. We weren't sure what to expect, but the food was absolutely outstanding! From the delicious Anjou Pear mixed drink to the bruschetta/bean dip to the amazing chicken dinner, it was all around wonderful! The view from the restaurant is excellent! I highly recommend the food!Special Features:
- Overall, this is a small restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012Overall, this is a small restaurant. Hotel guests blend with restaurant guests and the restaurant bar is close to lunch/dinner tables. This is not a restaurant for romantic dinners, but the view and quality of food and service is really great.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE RESTAURANT!!! TERRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011TERRIBLE RESTAURANT!!! TERRIBLE FOOD AND TERRIBLE SERVICE. THE NIGHT LOOK IS OK. HOWEVER, WE WAITED FOR THE CHECK NEARLY ONE HOUR. EVERYTHING IS SLOW. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS.
- Somewhat disappointed :(OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2011Since we were staying at this hotel we decided to dine there too on Thanksgiving rather than leave & drive somewhere. We sat facing the frwy rather than the water and it wasn't anything to write home about. Although the food was good, it wasn't worth $50 a plate. We had the pumpkin bisque & lobster bisque very small portion but tasty. We also tried each of the salads (asparagus & tomato and butternut squash & lettuce) again very small servings but good. The turkey dinner was nice portions (took back leftovers) but the stuffing was very wet & vegetables undercooked. The desserts were tiny tarts 2 each. Overall not very impressed and wouldn't go there again or recommend about it.
- We are on vacation from theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We are on vacation from the UK and went to Rview for Thanksgiving dinner. The food was stunning and we would recommend the wine that we selected (MacMurray Pinot Gris)Special Features:
- The food was very good andEMUrvDined on 9/30/2011The food was very good and the views were great! Would definitely eat here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Seattle. Only downside was it was quite noisy.Special Features: