Greenlawn, NY 11740Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ruvorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6312617700
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Sunday: Brunch & Lunch 11:00am - 4:00pm Serving Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph De Nicola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruvo Restaurant & Gourmet Store will cater for 10-500.
- Private Party Facilities: Private areas are available for parties from 20 up to 80 guests. Options include buffet or sit-down dining.
- Private Party Contact: Vanessa von Twistern 6314763800
A word from Ruvo West
For an unique and relaxing dining experience in Greenlawn Village wander down to Ruvo, a southern Italian Restaurant that features local seafood and wine as well as classic country Italian fare. Ruvo is a "standout" as stated by Joanne Starkey of The New York Times. Ruvo's seasoned staff and Creative Chefs will treat you to an exceptional dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruvo West reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (12)special occasion (10)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Neighborhood gem!CincydeeDined on 10/22/2014Went on a wednesday night... Nice and quiet with 1/2 price bottles of wine. A perfect night to go and talk and take your time with friends. Price fixe was great, and food was great... As usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Ruvo's is an excellent small town find! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousEllenSDined on 10/17/2014We have dined at Ruvo West and East for over ten years. As always the food is outstanding and the service fabulous. Was great to see our old friends Rose and Todd who are always a pleasure to see at Ruvo East. Ruvo is probably one of the few restaurants that remains a shining star.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Happy Hour at the bar is excellent! We are a long time customer of this restaurant and have always enjoyed it. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Bravo RuvoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Great restaurant with very good food....always consistent and a very varied menu. Service was a little off due to a private party which was going on at same time of our reservation. Have been many times and will continue to eat there!Special Features:
- CompetitionL0vr2eatNYVIPDined on 9/27/2014They're falling off, the food quality has gone down dramatically as did their portions. The menu is way overpriced for the quality of food and portion served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantpandemoniumboutiqueVIPDined on 9/11/2014Love it here, especially Lesley and Todd. They make everything perfect!Special Features:
- Great date night spot!makeitbluVIPDined on 8/27/2014We are regular customers and Ruvo has really stepped up their game over the past few years. The food, service and ambience are very good. Week night pre-fix menu included generous portions. Only item on menu to avoid is chicken parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE this GEM!!!YummymummyDined on 8/23/2014I have come to this restaurant on more then one occasion and dining here is always a great choice. The food is SO FRESH and DELICIOUS.....the menu is inviting and eclectic without being pretentious. The atmosphere reminds me of a rustic italian villa and the service is always fantastic. I could eat here everyday. But then I'd have to invest in some serious stretchy pants!!!! Thank you RUVO!!!!Special Features:
- Great time had by all!TownofHuntingtonFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We went with another couple on a Saturday night last week. They asked to go back to Ruvo West after being with us there once before. We all loved the service, the food, and the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014They should have not made reservations if having a big party..Wait till it was over before taking reservations .. I was surprised.. But food still great . I would still go back..
- Fabulous!DrCynPizzulliVIPDined on 7/26/2014It has been a very long time since we dined at Ruvo (maybe 15 years). We don't remember it being that remarkable back then. But this visit we were completely wow-ed by it. Our dinners were so original and delicious. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The decor is adorable and it has a wonderful ambiance. We will not wait long to return this time.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful experience at Ruvo on Saturday night. Our waiter Todd was excellent and gave us guidance upon our request. The beet salad with goat cheese with pistactios and swordfish with lemon ravioli was delicious. My husband had one of the flatbreads which he liked very much as well. The ambiance was very nice - they had a large party celebrating a birthday and the sound level was fine - not too noisy even though this large group was near us. This was our first experience dining at Ruvo and we will definitely have dinner there again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We went for the live music. The excellent food was an added bonus!Special Features:
- Always a good mealLovetoeatDined on 7/19/2014Great menu, consistent quality and presentation. I am never disappointed when I eat here.Special Features:
- Great food, great ambience!gpfeifDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I went to Ruvo for our anniversary and really enjoyed the food and outside seating... there was live music later in the evening that fit the place very well. We will be going back soon!Special Features:
- bellenVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food and service was great! only downside is the parking meters and wondering if you are going to have to run out to feed the meter..........Special Features:
- ReservationsFoodyDined on 6/26/2014Although we had reservations, we had to wait for a good hour. The restaurant was very noisy, you had to shout to one another to be heard. I totally enjoyed the food, it was delicious. We had no idea that on Thursday evenings there was music and an extended Happy Hour, never would had made reservations had we known.Special Features:
- The following 351 reviews are from the Ruvo West reviews archive.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014Service was poor, waitress was not pleasant, had to search for someone to request anything (like clearing away appetizer plates before dinner arrived) Have been here before and service was good, unfortunately this time it was bad
- Quaint restaurant in GreenlawnLotusVIPDined on 6/20/2014Ruvo is a beautiful restaurant in the heart of Greenlawn. With it's charming decor and attentive staff it is a find. The wine list was extensive and the food delicious. The short ribs were particularly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!CenterportfoodieDined on 6/3/2014The price fix lunch was excellent. There are many entree selections to choose from. The atmosphere and decor are very nice and the waitstaff couldn't do enough for you. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great DinnerDennisDined on 6/1/2014Our party of 6 went to celebrate a family event. Priced fixed dinner menu was very reasonable. Appetizers, especially the short ribs risotto were great. My steak was as good as any of famous steakhouses. Then desserts came which topped off a great meal.Special Features:
- a wonderful dinnerluvdininghereVIPDined on 5/21/2014We enjoyed another great dinner at Ruvo West! The food and sevice never disappoint.Special Features:
- Great value for excellent foodtheaterdinerDined on 5/10/2014Loved the lunch experience I had with my daughter celebrating Morhers Day in Sat ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backEdG1111Dined on 5/3/2014Good food, very good service. We'll be back. Simple as that. Aside: two women at the next table felt servers passed them by before they could order drinks: the first round was served them gratis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful Experience!JodiDined on 4/30/2014We have been here many time and have Always had a good time. The food, ambience and service is always wonderful! Never disappointed here at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !ManyDined on 4/28/2014Always a great experience, outstanding service, food never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealGeo75Dined on 4/27/2014Have never had a bad dinner here . Great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Delicious!!KLO1013VIPDined on 4/26/2014Once again, enjoyed every minute of our meal here! We were seated immediately. Our waiter was cheerful, and attentive. We shared the calamari app. (though the horseradish remoulade did not appear to have any horseradish in it at all, but the marinara was good) and a beet salad. Both of which were tasty and done well. We also both opted to have the same entree of the cavatelli with lobster, white beans and spinach. The tomato-basil sauce was slightly sweet and delicious! I just wish there had been a little more lobster....but you can never have enough lobster, ever! All in all, it was a very good dinner and we will continue to dine here. It's a guaranteed win!Special Features:
- Ruvo for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Had a nice lunch with family. This is our 5th time doing a ladies lunch. The service is always wonderful. The menu was different this time and we all enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- RuthVIPDined on 4/25/2014Ruvo West has never failed to disappoint. Both of us agreed that the mussels appetizer was the best we have ever had--anywhere, including Brussels. Absolute perfection with a bit of kick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price FixeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014We live in the neighborhood which means I can walk to this restaurant. We've been here quite a few times and have always had a great dinner. Not sure what has happened but we were disappointed in our meal. It's been about a year since we've been there and the food just wasn't up to standards. Every dish seemed heavy handed in taste. We had the price fixe meal and we both started with the short rib topped over risotto and a balsamic reduction. The balsamic reduction over powered the dish and was very strong along with the short ribs. My wife had the rollatini with spaghetti which was heavy handed on basil and nothing to write home to nona about. I had the pork chops with a sweet apple sauce and escarole and beans. Disappointing!
- Impressive dinner pre-fixmakeitbluVIPDined on 4/21/2014Ruvo has really stepped up their game over the past few years. Food was delicious and very generous portion sizes for the pre-fix dinner menu. Very nice place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruvo West never disappoints!luvdininghereVIPDined on 4/16/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Ruvo West! It's always a pleasure dining at this restaurant!:) Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER CHOICES NEARBYBenDoverDined on 4/12/2014A run of the mill restaurant with acceptable food. Chicken parm was tasty but chicken was dry. Ordered ice cream for desert. Got two little scoops in a soup bowel, no whipped cream or garnish. For $7.00 it should have had a better presentation.
- Always a delight.BarbarDined on 4/3/2014Ruvo's menu always offers something new and exciting as well as old favorites. The food is always first rate and the service is warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was wonderful thankmashellDined on 4/1/2014everything was wonderful thank you and see you all soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidLarrryDined on 4/1/2014Enjoyed a midweek dinner from the Prixe Fix menu which was very good as always. Weekends the noise level can be a bit on the high side but not enough to put me off enjoying a good meal with excellant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinner!ILUVCATSDined on 3/29/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Ruvo West!! Our waitress was especially wonderful and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have given Ruvo 5bantDined on 3/24/2014I would have given Ruvo 5 stars if the hostess had remembered to check off that I made a reservation on open table. The food and waitress servivce was excellent. It one of my favorite places to relax and have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.