105 Wynn Lane
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ruvorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 476-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 4pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeNicola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer an in house party menu that you can customize for 15 - 50 people. In addition, we also Cater outside events up to 500 people. Visit www.RuvoRestaurant.com to view our menus.
- Private Party Facilities: private room is available for parties of 25 - 50 guests Monday - Thursday for Lunch or Dinner. Friday & Saturday: Daytime only. Sunday: All day. Options include buffet or sit down. For menu and pricing options please visit our website.
- Private Party Contact: Ruvo Manager 6314763800
- Entertainment: Live music Thursdays from 7:00pm-10:00pm, Friday nights from 8:00pm-11:00am.
A word from Ruvo East
For an unique and relaxing dining experience in Port Jefferson Village, wander down Wynn Lane-just off Main Street-to Ruvo, a southern Italian Restaurant that features local seafood and wine as well as classic country Italian fare. Ruvo is a "standout" as stated by Joanne Starkey of The New York Times. Ruvo's seasoned staff and Creative Chefs will treat you to an exceptional dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruvo East reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (33)romantic (30)special occasion (24)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)Show More
- Ruvo EastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great food next time I will bring better company for a perfect expierence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!GGGGioVIPDined on 11/7/2014Have been to Ruvo several times in the past few months for both lunch & dinner...food has been excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014went there during restarant week, usually love the food, was medicore that night. The big guy at bar needs a personality!!!!
- Long time patronWriterunoDined on 11/2/2014Food at Ruvos has always been excellent since I have gone, but it has been a mix on help. Last Sunday went to brunch with 3 friends from the City Food was great. the young woman who served us was very personable; unfortunatley a bit distracted. example - my one friend was seved the wrong thing twice and finally the third time she got her order. one friend it took two times before her order was correct. One oder was supposed to have Maple syrup and it took over 1/2 hour before it came even though they were were asked 2 different times - by that time of course the French toast was cold. waitress did feel badly and told us coffee was on her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FineDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014A wonderful lunch in Port Jefferson. The weather outside was frightful, but inside was so delightful. It was warm and cozy and the food was delicious! Our party of four all enjoyed their entrees, drinks and desserts. Be sure to check out their creative cocktail list. And if you can't decide, the I LOVE LUCY never disappoints. The lobster mac 'n cheese was a big hit as was the blackened salmon. The apple pie gelato tasted as good as Grandma's apple pie. And I can't leave out our waiter Doug. He was so much fun. Next time we may invite him to dine with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy & uniqueFoodiegirlDined on 10/26/2014A wonderful meal, great service, Long Island wines and a unique setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the Second SheetOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant and I was disappointed! I had the chicken paillard and it was very dry. After I received my meal I over heard another waiter explaining the pre fix and I was surprised because we did not Order from pre fix.... I understand retaurant have to cut corners on pre fix but then that entree shouldn't be on full Price. Unfortunately we miss the 2nd page!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Lunch at Ruvo EastSirlunchalotDined on 10/18/2014Been to both Ruvo's (East & West) many times and I've always enjoyed the inventive menus, but also the quality of the meals. This past Saturday my wife and I were in Port Jeff and decided to go for a late lunch and were not dissappointed. My Ruvo Burger was outstanding and my wife loved her eggplant parm and brought home a large doggie bag for Sundays lunch also! Brothers Jim and Joe DeNicola have been "Knocking It Out of the Park" for many years now. Now I need to visit La Travola and Del Fueggos. BTW: Our lunch, while delicious, was also only $10 each with their lunch special, best value in Port Jeff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealAlisonDined on 10/13/2014My family goes to Ruvo for special occasions. I had veal scallapini over pasta & my husband and daughter had the red snapper special with pesto risotto. We started with a blueberry Gorgonzola salad while my daughter had a Caesar salad. The meal ended with capacino and marzipan cheesecake - deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchDebbieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our family visited Ruvo East this past Sunday for brunch. We all ordered something different. All the orders were amazing. We will be back soon for dinner.Special Features:
- A Bit DisappointedCoopmacDined on 10/11/2014So many good things about this place, however, my husband's rib eye lacked flavor and was somewhat tough. I tasted it and questioned whether or not it was a rib eye. And that was a special! My shrimp and scallop risotto was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable choice in Port JeffersonFoodloverVIPDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I had the prix fix and as usual all was good. The salads were fresh and tasty, the chicken entree was tasty and a great portion and the cheese cake and fruit layer cake were too good not to finish. The service was also great.Special Features:
- NSHPJDined on 10/7/2014Always good for all occasions. Service was excellent and accommodating. Dinner choices excellently prepared as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stogypDined on 10/4/2014Another great meal by Ruvo. Acoustic guitar player with a violinist accompanying him in bar after dinner was great too.Special Features:
- Ruvo EastOutinHuntingtonDined on 9/27/2014The food was delicious, the waitress was great. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Ruvo2NNsDined on 9/26/2014The food was great, the service was great. There was live music which was nice but made it difficult to hear the conversation at our table.Special Features:
- Love the AmbianceTinkerbellDined on 9/26/2014There were three of us and we ordered from the small plate menu. 4 dishes and was more than enough for all of us. The food was excellent and we had a wonderful time. We will definitely be back. Our waiter was great except for one little glitch at the end. We told him we had a show to go and need our check asap and I guess he forgot because the restaurant got very busy so we were a little late for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room choice is significantMarlenedcVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were first brought to a room which was way too bright and loaded with kids, felt like a cafeteria. After we requested seating in the more intimate room outside the bar, we finally got a nice table where we were able to enjoy our friends and our meal. The duck was a little too overdone but still tasty, our friends liked the calamari and caesar salad. I found my caesar salad over dressed and not as fresh as I prefer. My husband had the shells stuffed with lobster which he really liked. After the initial moving around the evening was very pleasant. I would recommend requesting a table in the dining room near the bar. Our server was lovely and accommodating.
- Amazing Italian Restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/9/2014Ruvo is an amazing restaurant. The food and service is excellent. I was recently there to celebrate my Anniversary and they made my night so special. Deginately will be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteSherryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ruvo delivers consistently delicious food in a relatively short time. We always enjoy eating there for great food and wine. The service is very attentive to your needs without being overbearing. I especially enjoy the fact that I can order food from the gluten free menu and my partner can order from the traditional menu. The steamed lobster was scrumptious as well as the potato salad. Their meatballs are always a hit with pasta. You can't miss with this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Shore FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Ruvo is a great experience, incredible food, the diver scallops are a must! Beautiful downtown Port Jeff, easy parking, good music, great wine...Special Features:
- Linda BBergerDined on 8/29/2014Ruvos is absolutely one of our favorite restaurants! My husband & I are NEVER disappointed when we dine there. Thank you to all involved in making Ruvos a special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSteadyedDined on 8/22/2014We love Ruvo. Always have great food. Love the Lobster Cavatelli. Drinks were great. Only wish they had a better beer selection Needs a few more Taps.Special Features:
- SusieDined on 8/16/2014Wouldn't be bad if they attempted to use an oven to warm up the food. Upscale clientele except for 2 people they seated next to us who happened to be drunk and sloppy. Management should have shown a little more discretion before letting them in and seating them. Don't think I'd go back; sort of a NYC "wanna be" place that just doesn't have what it takes.Special Features:
- ellihuschVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always Warmly Greeted by Talia-started the evening w/Drinks(Kevin)at a lively bar-dinner-Hot Homemade Potato Chips("Just can't eat one!!")Hugh was our server-friendly/timely and completely knew the menu-addressing all our personal dining/menu concerns making great substitution suggestions/Salad choices -Cesar salad/Fresh Mozzarella Cheese w/ sliced Tomato&Red peppers-Salad Greens w/Strawberries Candied Walnuts -(all served Fresh & Crisp)Dinners Choices-Flounder w/Shrimp Oregano--Veggie and Seared Salmon w/Veggies-Warmed Sliced Assorted Breads/Desserts-Choc Yogurt Gelato/Cheese Cake & Watermelon Sorbet--Entire meal Prepared/Presented to Perfection -Never pass on Deserts-YUMMY!!Highly Recommend/Casual Attire- Reservations especially weekendsSpecial Features:
- Great spot for dad's bday dinnerLeoinSFVIPDined on 8/14/2014We really enjoyed the food and the service at Ruvo. Our waitress was fantastic and the drinks were really strong - I had a delicious lobster and the pastas were out of this world. We definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeDanJDined on 8/9/2014Great dining here. little noisy...............................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish you had rest. in Nassau CountyFoodie66Dined on 8/9/2014Lovely restaurant. Everything we tried we loved. Excellent martini too!Special Features:
- Ruvo before a showvivmDined on 8/9/2014We were going to see a concert at the Threatre Three and since we are not from that area I went to the internet to find a restaurant close to the theatre. I came across Ruvo. The pictures were nice and so was the menu. Well, to my surprise the restaurant is located less than one block from the theatre. What a find!! We parked in the public lot by the restaurant. Had a great dinner and was able to walk right to the theatre.Special Features:
- The following 611 reviews are from the Ruvo East reviews archive.
- Wonderful food and service...EllenSVIPDined on 7/26/2014Incredible evening for my son's birthday with our grandson and daughter in law...great food, wine and service. Forgot how much I love Ruvo EAst and West...thanks for an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsDiscriminatingtasteVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went for dinner with my fiance. We had a really great bottle of wine along with dinner. For dinner we had eggplant rolatini which was good (really like eggplant rolatini better when it is not breaded) and a shrimp ravioli special that was downright delicious. Add to that a bit of a romantic feel and everything was really good until a loud and boistrous party of 8 was seated right behind us. Loud beyond belief and a few other couples were commenting about that too. They should have been seated out of the way, best place would have been the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live band was niceJulietDined on 7/12/2014Good for a drink with that special someone. We have been here several times before to eat and remember it to be better. It probably been a year or so. Food was just OK and service as well. A hundo for two with one drink each didn't match up to the experience. Just my 2 cents.
- Enjoyable experienceBoopishVIPDined on 7/12/2014The menu had a great variety, of both small plates, apps, and entrees. We had a hard time deciding which I appreciate. I hate when there are only maybe 2 things that I like. The service was excellent. We plan to go back soon. I must mention the shrimp flatbread because it was exceptional, and a good app to share.Special Features:
- concoladaDined on 7/7/2014Enjoyed their Prixe Fix dinner, which was absolutely delicious and a great value. Excellent service from a very sweet waitress and everyone on the staff was pleasant and professional. I have been here before and will go again!Special Features:
- SKIP ITBenDoverDined on 6/29/2014There are much better restaurants in Port Jefferson than this. The chicken in the chicken parm was soo dried out that I had to ask for asteak knife to cut it. Service was nonexistant. Had to get up and look for our waiter whenever I wanted something.
- Love RuvoluvstoeatoutDined on 6/28/2014Ruvo's is a great place for dinner. Highly recommend. Nice bar area and the food is excellentSpecial Features:
- Always a winner!BarbaraTVIPDined on 6/26/2014You can always count on Ruvo for a great meal and great ambience. This was our first time in the lounge and the first time we had the chance to try their flatbreads and crostini. Each one we had was absolutely outstanding and we can't wait to go back and try some more of their delicious lounge food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickyDined on 6/25/2014Great food and great service. I will definitely return to this restaurant. We really love your new price fixed lunch menu that you just started. Excellent idea. The choices were excellent as well.Special Features:
- ENJOYABELLarry8846Dined on 6/15/2014Food was great, room was excellent, service was fair.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 6/14/2014Food was good. Atmosphere ok. Young friendly service and reasonable prices.Special Features: