105 Wynn Lane
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ruvorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6314763800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 4pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeNicola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer an in house party menu that you can customize for 15 - 50 people. In addition, we also Cater outside events up to 500 people. Visit www.RuvoRestaurant.com to view our menus.
- Private Party Facilities: private room is available for parties of 25 - 50 guests Monday - Thursday for Lunch or Dinner. Friday & Saturday: Daytime only. Sunday: All day. Options include buffet or sit down. For menu and pricing options please visit our website.
- Private Party Contact: Ruvo Manager 6314763800
- Entertainment: Live music Thursdays from 7:00pm-10:00pm, Friday nights from 8:00pm-11:00am.
A word from Ruvo East
For an unique and relaxing dining experience in Port Jefferson Village, wander down Wynn Lane-just off Main Street-to Ruvo, a southern Italian Restaurant that features local seafood and wine as well as classic country Italian fare. Ruvo is a "standout" as stated by Joanne Starkey of The New York Times. Ruvo's seasoned staff and Creative Chefs will treat you to an exceptional dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruvo East reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (23)romantic (23)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Ruvo EastOutinHuntingtonDined on 9/27/2014The food was delicious, the waitress was great. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Ruvo2NNsDined on 9/26/2014The food was great, the service was great. There was live music which was nice but made it difficult to hear the conversation at our table.Special Features:
- Love the AmbianceTinkerbellDined on 9/26/2014There were three of us and we ordered from the small plate menu. 4 dishes and was more than enough for all of us. The food was excellent and we had a wonderful time. We will definitely be back. Our waiter was great except for one little glitch at the end. We told him we had a show to go and need our check asap and I guess he forgot because the restaurant got very busy so we were a little late for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room choice is significantMarlenedcVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were first brought to a room which was way too bright and loaded with kids, felt like a cafeteria. After we requested seating in the more intimate room outside the bar, we finally got a nice table where we were able to enjoy our friends and our meal. The duck was a little too overdone but still tasty, our friends liked the calamari and caesar salad. I found my caesar salad over dressed and not as fresh as I prefer. My husband had the shells stuffed with lobster which he really liked. After the initial moving around the evening was very pleasant. I would recommend requesting a table in the dining room near the bar. Our server was lovely and accommodating.
- Amazing Italian Restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/9/2014Ruvo is an amazing restaurant. The food and service is excellent. I was recently there to celebrate my Anniversary and they made my night so special. Deginately will be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteSherryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ruvo delivers consistently delicious food in a relatively short time. We always enjoy eating there for great food and wine. The service is very attentive to your needs without being overbearing. I especially enjoy the fact that I can order food from the gluten free menu and my partner can order from the traditional menu. The steamed lobster was scrumptious as well as the potato salad. Their meatballs are always a hit with pasta. You can't miss with this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Shore FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Ruvo is a great experience, incredible food, the diver scallops are a must! Beautiful downtown Port Jeff, easy parking, good music, great wine...Special Features:
- Linda BBergerDined on 8/29/2014Ruvos is absolutely one of our favorite restaurants! My husband & I are NEVER disappointed when we dine there. Thank you to all involved in making Ruvos a special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 8/16/2014Wouldn't be bad if they attempted to use an oven to warm up the food. Upscale clientele except for 2 people they seated next to us who happened to be drunk and sloppy. Management should have shown a little more discretion before letting them in and seating them. Don't think I'd go back; sort of a NYC "wanna be" place that just doesn't have what it takes.Special Features:
- ellihuschVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always Warmly Greeted by Talia-started the evening w/Drinks(Kevin)at a lively bar-dinner-Hot Homemade Potato Chips("Just can't eat one!!")Hugh was our server-friendly/timely and completely knew the menu-addressing all our personal dining/menu concerns making great substitution suggestions/Salad choices -Cesar salad/Fresh Mozzarella Cheese w/ sliced Tomato&Red peppers-Salad Greens w/Strawberries Candied Walnuts -(all served Fresh & Crisp)Dinners Choices-Flounder w/Shrimp Oregano--Veggie and Seared Salmon w/Veggies-Warmed Sliced Assorted Breads/Desserts-Choc Yogurt Gelato/Cheese Cake & Watermelon Sorbet--Entire meal Prepared/Presented to Perfection -Never pass on Deserts-YUMMY!!Highly Recommend/Casual Attire- Reservations especially weekendsSpecial Features:
- Great spot for dad's bday dinnerLeoinSFVIPDined on 8/14/2014We really enjoyed the food and the service at Ruvo. Our waitress was fantastic and the drinks were really strong - I had a delicious lobster and the pastas were out of this world. We definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeDanJDined on 8/9/2014Great dining here. little noisy...............................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish you had rest. in Nassau CountyFoodie66Dined on 8/9/2014Lovely restaurant. Everything we tried we loved. Excellent martini too!Special Features:
- Ruvo before a showvivmDined on 8/9/2014We were going to see a concert at the Threatre Three and since we are not from that area I went to the internet to find a restaurant close to the theatre. I came across Ruvo. The pictures were nice and so was the menu. Well, to my surprise the restaurant is located less than one block from the theatre. What a find!! We parked in the public lot by the restaurant. Had a great dinner and was able to walk right to the theatre.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service...EllenSDined on 7/26/2014Incredible evening for my son's birthday with our grandson and daughter in law...great food, wine and service. Forgot how much I love Ruvo EAst and West...thanks for an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsDiscriminatingtasteDined on 7/25/2014Went for dinner with my fiance. We had a really great bottle of wine along with dinner. For dinner we had eggplant rolatini which was good (really like eggplant rolatini better when it is not breaded) and a shrimp ravioli special that was downright delicious. Add to that a bit of a romantic feel and everything was really good until a loud and boistrous party of 8 was seated right behind us. Loud beyond belief and a few other couples were commenting about that too. They should have been seated out of the way, best place would have been the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live band was niceJulietDined on 7/12/2014Good for a drink with that special someone. We have been here several times before to eat and remember it to be better. It probably been a year or so. Food was just OK and service as well. A hundo for two with one drink each didn't match up to the experience. Just my 2 cents.
- Enjoyable experienceBoopishVIPDined on 7/12/2014The menu had a great variety, of both small plates, apps, and entrees. We had a hard time deciding which I appreciate. I hate when there are only maybe 2 things that I like. The service was excellent. We plan to go back soon. I must mention the shrimp flatbread because it was exceptional, and a good app to share.Special Features:
- concoladaDined on 7/7/2014Enjoyed their Prixe Fix dinner, which was absolutely delicious and a great value. Excellent service from a very sweet waitress and everyone on the staff was pleasant and professional. I have been here before and will go again!Special Features:
- SKIP ITBenDoverDined on 6/29/2014There are much better restaurants in Port Jefferson than this. The chicken in the chicken parm was soo dried out that I had to ask for asteak knife to cut it. Service was nonexistant. Had to get up and look for our waiter whenever I wanted something.
- Always a winner!BarbaraTVIPDined on 6/26/2014You can always count on Ruvo for a great meal and great ambience. This was our first time in the lounge and the first time we had the chance to try their flatbreads and crostini. Each one we had was absolutely outstanding and we can't wait to go back and try some more of their delicious lounge food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickyDined on 6/25/2014Great food and great service. I will definitely return to this restaurant. We really love your new price fixed lunch menu that you just started. Excellent idea. The choices were excellent as well.Special Features:
- ENJOYABELLarry8846Dined on 6/15/2014Food was great, room was excellent, service was fair.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 6/14/2014Food was good. Atmosphere ok. Young friendly service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- FoodNickyDined on 6/13/2014Portions were just right, not too much and cooked just right. Would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- MusicmanMusicmanVIPDined on 6/11/2014This was my 1st time here but it won't be my last. I had the special menu and the choices were very good. I especially enjoyed the clam flatbread as my appetizer and the Nutella bread pudding was outrageous. I am looking forward to returning and trying their regular menu. I also want to say something about the service. It was 1st rate. If our waitress is any indication of their service then this is a very well run and professional operation. I recommend them highly.Special Features:
- PT Jeff GemellihuschVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent-Always a warm friendly welcome-Excellent Timely & Knowledgeable Servers/Drinks from the Bar/Excellent Menu choices-Appealing Presentation & Portion size/ Fresh crisp Salads-Dinner choices & Desserts are definitely a Specialty -Reservations & Highly recommended We Always look forward to our next Dining Experience at Ruvo's East :):)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodrphs111Dined on 6/6/2014Food was excellent as always. service was also excellent waiter was very attentive to our needs but not bothersome.Special Features:
- The following 596 reviews are from the Ruvo East reviews archive.
- Always charmingCaroldsDined on 5/30/2014I love Ruvo for lunch. Food is delicious and the ambience is cheerful and charming. I just wish it wasn't prix fixe, as I always come away feeling too full in the middle of the day. On this occasion the server didn't seem too knowledgable, but maybe she was new. Usually the service is very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchspen13Dined on 5/25/2014My friend and I had brunch at the restaurant over Memorial Day weekend. We were both pleased by the food, decor and outstanding service. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Port JeffersonellihuschVIPDined on 5/24/2014Always a warm friendly greeting-Saturday Dinner before Show @ Theatre Three (walking distance)Arrived at 6pm Enjoyed mixed drinks fr Bar- Service was Friendly/professional & timely. Warmed Assorted Breads-Salads were crisp/fresh-Dinners of Lobster w/ Cannellini beans/Veal Scallopini & Duck- All excellent especially of taste & smell- presented & prepared to perfection -Looking froward to our next dinning delightSpecial Features:
- Ladies NightCookieMonsterDined on 5/24/2014Went to Ruvos before a show at Theatre Three. Had a nice gluten free menu for one of our diners. Decent selection of food with nice portions. Shrimp and flounder scampi came up short on the garlic but otherwise very good.Special Features:
- An Outstanding ExperienceMrBlzVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food and service were top shelf. The waiter (Doug) was both attentive and helpful. We began with the hot antipasti special and then proceeded to the braised beef short ribs which were excellent. The chicken parmesan was also quite tasty. For a libation try the Honey Jack with the Pear Hard Cider. I forget the name but the drink was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Port Jeff at it's bestJoePVIPDined on 5/23/2014Beautiful restaurant tucked on a nice side street where you will find excellent food and wine, fine service and a great atmosphere. Parking is easy with a municipal lot very close by...There is an active bar yet they also have sections that are more quit and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!DSSSVIPDined on 5/19/2014Went here with a group of girls as always had great time. Staff always friendly, food good. They make the BEST crab cakes around!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner for our sondining2getherDined on 5/12/2014We set out to celebrate our sons birthday. It was on a Monday so we thought it would be a challenge since most restaurants are closed . Not only was Ruvo open but they offer a great special called Molto Monday - a glass of wine, choice of soup or salad and a pasta entrée for $20. It was fantastic and delicious. we had extra to take home. Our children ate to their satisfaction and even had ice cream. Not to mention the bread that was brought to the table. We swore off bread carbs but these are worth leaving the reservation. Would definitely return sooner rather than later. Thanks RuvoSpecial Features:
- 25th Anniversary DinnerellihuschVIPDined on 5/7/201425th Anniversary-Always Warm-Welcoming & Friendly Greeting fr Talia/ Bar server(Kevin) Excellent Drinks/ Dining Room-server (Lisa)knowledgeable Friendly Accommodating w/our special requests-started w/warm sliced asst'd breads/fresh crisp salads/Delicious Perfectly Prepared & Beautifully Presented Dinners/Grilled Chicken Parm/side Pasta & Shrimp-Flounder Oregano-Desserts-Banana Bread Pudding-w/Vanilla Ice Cream&Creamy Mascarpone Cheese Cake w/Fig Gelato YUM!:) Recommend-Casual-Returning soon (Thank You):):)Special Features:
- Always perfect!GwenbabyDined on 5/4/2014I have been to this restaurant several times now, and I must say that the food is always perfect. The staff and at everyone at Ruvo are always pleasant and friendly and eager to please. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ruvo east!!KathyDined on 5/4/2014From the service to the food, not a negative word to be had!!! And the chocolate mouse cake was the best I have ever had!!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aviddinerDined on 5/4/2014Went during Restaurant Week and everything was just delicious! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.