Rutledge Cab Co.
1300 Rutledge Ave
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rutledge Cab Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rutledgecabco.com/
- Phone: 8437201440x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekdays Open at 11:30am
Saturdays and Sundays Open at 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Bryan Lindsay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for private events and catering.
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons. Please check Facebook or our website for details.
A word from Rutledge Cab Co.
Rutledge Cab Company is located in Charleston's Wagener Terrace neighborhood at the intersection of Rutledge Ave & Mt. Pleasant St. Situated downtown close to area bridges & Interstate-26, our location provides easy access from anywhere in the greater Charleston metropolitan area. Customers enjoy the convenience of attended onsite parking. We open weekdays at 11:30am and on weekends at 10:00am with an all day, all night menu. Loyal customers & food critics give RCC rave reviews for outstanding food and service. Many of our signature menu items are cooked over Charleston’s only indoor charcoal grill. You’ll savor the enhanced flavor & characteristics that only char-grilling offers. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & late night, Rutledge Cab Co is rock’n. This former convenience store/gas station has been transformed into Charleston’s favorite neighborhood restaurant/bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rutledge Cab Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Just OKMyfood2reviewDined on 10/5/2014Food was good. Ambience was pretty nice. The service was good also. I read many reviews and I think I expected a little more than I got there based on such great reviews. The neighborhood seemed a little run down and while I never felt unsafe it was still daylight when we took a walk. I'm not sure we would return. It's one of those places that aren't too memorable enough to go back. Once you've been there..once is enough.Special Features:
- Worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The best part of our dining experience for me was the cucumber infused gin drink and key lime pie. Our son's reuben was also very good and our daughter loved her burger with mac and cheese. The service was great, but overall the food was a little disappointing - lamb kabobs and lamb sandwich were not that memorable. Husband liked sweetbreads, but there was too much batter. The arrest made in the parking lot was exciting, especially for the kids and the foreign guest of the folks behind us on porch.Special Features:
- worldtravelerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Best burgers in town and the wiener schnitzel special was outstanding! Great service, high energy place that is a lot of fun for relaxed dining. Screen porch is outstanding asset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuForestDined on 9/18/2014Food was good but not very good as reviews I read before attending. My wife dinner was only Fair.Special Features:
- We'll be backNBNYVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great lunch place. Best BLT ever. Good fries and slaw, too!Special Features:
- Were you having a bad night???IhungerDined on 8/31/2014Very poor service, it took over an hour to get our food (and we're just talking hamburgers here) The waitress was surly, when asked what was on draft she speed through them so quickly we had no idea what she had just said. She basically ignored us, never smiled and seemed really put-out. It's the hottest day of summer, and they had the door to the patio propped open so the inside was very hot. When you add how much we had to pay for this....I won't be going back!
- Awesome food, cool ambiance.Thanks!williamthetoastDined on 8/3/2014Sure, it was a Sunday, early evening and not a big crowd but the place is just plain comfortable. The food was even better. Wait staff was on their game and there was never a dry glass. Even out on the patio the thermal cooling towers and productive, properly oriented fans slapped down the heat of August Charleston. This was a very good experience for us. Simply; Delicious! I look forward to renewing my pleasure soon. ( If I still wrote restaurant reviews for Charleston Magazine, Rutledge Cab Company would be the beneficiary, absolutely. Continue On !) William ToastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Rutledge Cab Co. reviews archive.
- Good food, nice screened patiohillvisDined on 6/22/2014We were there at kind of an off/slow time, so service was a little slow, but I would still definitely go back. Food was tasty (LOVE the wings), the screened in patio was great. Super convenient location to access from I-26... Would like to go back again during a more peak time to check out the real vibe of the restaurant.Special Features:
- jratt79Dined on 6/12/2014Great service, great food, great atmosphere. Had their award winning burger and it did not let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014A friend recommended Rutledge Cab Co. to us. We had a late lunch, so the restaurant was not busy and fairly quiet. My husband and I each ordered burgers which were excellent. I had the build your own burger, with bacon, sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. Why, oh why, would you put CANNED mushrooms on a 13 dollar burger that has such great taste? It takes two seconds to saute some prescliced mushrooms! I just slid them off the burger, the burger tasted too good to have them on there. We were disappointed that they no longer have the cookies as were told to go there for the cookies if nothing else. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rutledge hidden GemPjsderbyDined on 5/11/2014In a nondescript neighborhood this is a great find, the building is unique and the food is very different from other near downtown restaurant's. They offer breakfast all day, as well as some delicious choices. We started with the Beer and Cheese fondue. The variety on the board was great. enough for two. We finished with a beef kabob. Definitely will return to try more.Special Features:
- Not all thatDentalchickDined on 4/13/2014When you order a lamb kabob and your friend orders steak salad, and neither is sure if one has the other's meat...there in lies the problem!Special Features:
- Varied menu pleased everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014The menu offered something unique and delicious for everyone in our party. The burgers were cooked to perfection. One was ordered medium and one medium rare. The fish tacos were good. The blacked catfish was a real treat. The rice it was served on was yummy and the gumbo under that was flavorful with slices of sausage. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food matters the mostNancyDined on 1/18/2014The restaurant atmosphere was vibrant, but the food is what matters. It was all absolutely delicious. The flatbread appetizer was a new taste--roasted potato-- but it set the stage for a great meal to come. I asked for a variation in my salad, and it came out just as I asked. The server was pleasant, helpful and professional. The location is far enough out of the tourist district that the patrons seemed to be mostly locals the night we were there. I look forward to returning in the spring when it is warm enough to open all the walls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Rutlidge Cab Co. does not have a particularly large list of food selection, but what the meals they serve are extraordinary. During our time there yesterday, we saw them celebrate their 150,000th customer which was pretty awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar FoodFoodieGDined on 12/31/2013The menu is too diverse for this bar. They should stick with bar food & sandwiches. The potato/blue cheese flat bread was interesting & good. The cheese curds were very disappointing. Cheese Curds are usually cheddar or other strong cheese. RCCO's cheese curds are fried mozzarella!!! The Lamb Kabob was good. Cooked rare & had a nice mint sauce. The pork schnitzel w/ spaetzle & spinach was so salty I couldn't finish it. The spinach was inedible it was so salty. The bar is very attractive & big. RCCO is a good place for a drink & snack. The outside space is comfortable & will be fun in warmer months. Stick to burgers & sandwiches if you go to RCCO.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/24/2013Great place to meet friends for break, lunch, or dinner. Comfortable dining and service with really good food! Try it you will like it.Special Features:
- Best BLT Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/14/2013We usually stay in downtown Charleston so the Rutledge Cab Co. is driving, not walking distance, but parking is a cinch. The place looks like a fast food joint done up a little bit rustic and a lot contemporary. The cab theme is carried out in touches of taxi yellow and even a side of a cab mounted on the wall. This is THE spot for an impeccable sandwich, flatbread or burger. My sky-high BLT was almost like a wedge salad on brioche toast, with perfect bacon and crunchy iceberg, and a cross between mayonnaise and ranch dressing. The fries were good but the pickled vegetables, almost like a vinegary slaw, were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation got us a tableJamesWDined on 11/29/2013Reservation got us a table in the middle of the room in front of kitchen. Made it a month in advanced. Not worth the effort Second experience with same server. Hoped she'd be gone by now. Was uninterested unattententive and rushed.Special Features:
- First timerNDSCdiningoutDined on 11/10/2013My neice and I along with 2 others, ate their for her birthday. It was very nice. We ate outside where it's screened in. The weather was great that day. I look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleChuckdinerDined on 10/4/2013We got there at 8:15 for an 8:30 "reservation" and waited an hour and fifteen minutes to be seated at a wobbly high top outside. Was ignored by waitress, meal took 2 hours for just two appetizers, were among the last people to leave the restaurant. Poor poor poor service, just unacceptable. Food also wasn't even good.
- Were told there were no reservationFoodislifeDined on 9/12/2013Were told there were no reservations taken, so we booked their "priority seating" time and arrived early to find many open tables. Service and atmosphere were very good, but the Tomato Soup was WAY too salty. Unfortunately, I ate mine anyhow and then was mad at myself for being too full to really appreciate the Tacos which were very tasty and seasoned better than the soup. No coffee available however after the meal and that is really disappointing for an afternoon meal. Would go back but be pickier with my food choices...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome breakfast!LuvcharlestonDined on 8/31/2013Too bad this gem is not closer to downtown. The food was excellent. Well worth the cab ride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good and greatCHSfoodDined on 8/25/2013food was very good and great little spot for lunch or dinner. I have eaten at this location several times and it has pleased everyone that joined me. good sandwiches, onion soup is great and good burgers (not much on coated fries). The desert was ok not great. fun place to have a beer and be with friends and family. we will be backSpecial Features:
- Tasty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2013Great Lamb Kabob, Great Gilled Veggie Flatbread, Great Fish Tacos, Great Veggie Burger, Great GritsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our son's 33rdOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2013We celebrated our son's 33rd birthday with a family supper. We all got something different and everyone enjoyed their meal.it was a fun place and we hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hot summerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2013This was my 2nd experience. First time for dinner. The outside porch and bar is great for brunch or dinner in spring. But all that open space into the bar and dinner tables inside on a busy weekend makes a sauna. Hard to enjoy the food when it is sweltering and the AC can't keep up with the open doors and windows. Plus the bar was packed adding warm people to the room. Will try again in the fall or a random Tuesday with less people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereteamsharkDined on 7/4/2013The food and service were great. Went there for fourth of July before heading out for fireworks. Great patio for outdoor seating though it was a little noisy with the fans blowing and the freezer unit in the back lot going. Great place for a casual dinner with an interesting menu. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.