Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills
6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd Suite 1360
Westfield Shopping Towne PromenadeWestfield Shopping Towne Promenade
Woodland Hills, CA 91367Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3510/Woodland-Hills
- Phone: 8182279505
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dion Ventura
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Woodland Hills, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Woodland Hills offers 2 private dining rooms, the Canyon Room & the Malibu Room. Both rooms are elegant & comfortably furnished & perfect for parties of up to 30 for dinner. Combined, they will accommodate groups of up to 70 for dinner, & 100 for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Maya Camara 8888855946
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Woodland Hills, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills - Best Restaurants in Woodland Hills ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (49)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Spot OnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Arrived at 530pm for a 7pm reservation and sat in the bar to pass the time. Service was impeccable. Our server in the bar asked if we wanted to dine early so we moved over to a booth in the bar and had a great dinner. The staff is trained well and it shows. Thanks Ruth's!Special Features:
- Loved it!!RoctmanVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great three course meal deal. One of the best tasting and most tender Ribeye steaks I've had at any price. Fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFrankVIPDined on 10/24/2014Although the service was a bit slow due to a crowded early evening sitting, the food overall was very good. Caesar salad was excellent, the filet was prepared perfectly. However the lamb chops had to be sent back as they were ordered medium well and were served medium rare. Creamed spinach was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently Awesome!RandteamDined on 10/17/2014Try the Porterhouse for two! Cooked perfectly and really tasty. They serve great drinks and are generous with their pour. The sweet potato casserole is ridiculous, it doubles as desert. Ruth Chris beats Mortons and Flemmings everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OdedVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was delicious as always. Kay, our server was great and we were glad we caught her one last time before she moves back to N.Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!JuicIDDined on 10/11/2014Awesome time here and very pleased with the menu! The experience was energetic, the servers are professional, timely and kind, i like less noise but the great food made the crowd all worth it! You MUST try the chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The staff was very friendly, good food and the cucumber Collins was awesome! When we told them it was our anniversary they gave us a complimentary dessert and a cute picture to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't get it??Sabine123Dined on 10/10/2014I don't get how this restaurant gets ok ratings..The steak is nothing to get excited about, had a rib eye served on a small plate by itself on cafeteria like China--- not amazingly flavorful, thick or tender...the wedge salad; very mediocre at best, desert was ok. We spent in the neighborhood of 250 bucks for a mediocre meal. I had rib eye, she had a shrimp dish; we split the wedge and desert and each had a glass of wine.....There are other steakhouses that FAR surpass Ruth Chris--tried the Beverly Hills location a few years ago and was equally underwhelmed, won't try it again. They say it's Prime, so guess it is, but it tastes like your 'typical' thinner choice cut supermarket steak from cooked at home.
- Had an amazing time!JuicIDDined on 10/9/2014Everything was awesome! Great company, great conversation and great service with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best server ever!!luvlifefoodandwineDined on 10/9/2014We were lucky to have Chris as our server for a romantic birthday celebration dinner. He was charming, warm, knowledgeable and into wine as we are. A wonderful dinner for my wonderful husband, he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour....& I don't drinkJoeuglyVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food in the bar during happy hour is excellent and a great deal. Everything on the menu is always excellent......I have never been let down from this place when I want a good solid meal.Special Features:
- EAFFDined on 10/5/2014Celebrated my birthday. They were very attentive, everyone wishing me happy birthday. They even give you a special birthday menu with your name on it. Cannot go wrong with Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014Ruth Chris is always consistent and great. The food and service is excellent. Hidden gem is their Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerprincipal2Dined on 10/1/2014We went to the Woodland Hills location for our anniversary. The wait staff was amazing. Very courteous and attentive. We were a little disappointed in my husbands steak. We are so used to getting amazing meat that he was surprised his rib steak was fatty and not cooked correctly. He ordered med to med well and it came very raw. Because it was our 41st anniversary we did not want to make a fuss. The staff did bring us a beautiful dessert. The evening over all was great.Special Features:
- Parent's Anniversary DinnerShaedaVIPDined on 9/30/2014Table decor and Happy Anniversary confetti added special touch. Must tries: BBQ Shrimp appetizer, lobster bisque, strawberry salad and of course finger licking classic filet and shrimp. Lemon drops are yum! Zimm made us laugh and entertained us while providing excellent service.Special Features:
- SuperbTravelingGalDined on 9/18/2014Our first time at the Woodland Hills location. We made a reservation for a birthday and they seated us off to one side. This was particularly helpful because it cut down the noise level. Both our waiter and the serving assistant were gems. They both knew the restaurant and the menu. This contributed immensely to the dining experience. You expect great food and superb beef, which we had in abundance, but the wait staff really made the evening.Special Features:
- Deliciious foodvgc1205VIPDined on 9/18/2014Their steaks are delicious and the ambiance was private and on the quiet side so that even though there were various groupings of guests you feel like you're in your own space. If you like steak you should give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findEstelleVIPDined on 9/15/2014Outstanding service. Fairly quiet, but was a Monday night. Bar has a good happy hour menu, however, we had dinner in the restaurant instead. Food was good but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have celebrated many family events at Ruth Chris, the food is always delicious. This last visit was also memorable. Our waitress was great! She was very attentive and courteous, funny and insightful. I appreciate the special touches added to our table, we were celebrating my husband's birthday. Food and dessert was delicious.Special Features:
- MikeyDined on 9/6/2014Consistently excellent food and sevice. Quite possibly the best steaks in Southern California!Special Features:
- UmmmmmmmSteveDined on 9/5/2014All I can say is THE BEST steaks anywhere in the country. If you haven't been to Ruth's a Chris, you haven't had the best!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak Houselael23Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent! The best steak I have ever had. Its truly worth the money. Its quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!AndyMynxDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I selected Ruth's Chris for our 6th anniversary celebration, and we were not disappointed. I had the 11 oz. filet and my wife had the bone-in filet. Mine was a little over-cooked, but I told them to do it so shame on me. Our server was wonderful! My wife can be a little choosy with her wine selection, but he just rolled with it. Great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always like itLavenderVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went to happy hour prior to reservations ordered this lobster dish that two got ill from However the restaurent was food But 50 pp with shared meals Wow No moreSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysCaliforniaSteveDined on 8/16/2014As always the food was incredible. Our server Ashley K. did all that could be asked and more. My family gathered for a special night out and Ruth's Chris excelled. The appetizers, steak, sides, and desserts for the 6 of us were all great, the semi private table perfect, and the Ashley and the rest of the staff made us feel welcome and handled our needs. We will return soon for another excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmsterdamDined on 8/13/2014We went for our Anniversary and it was a great experience. We asked for a booth and they gave us a booth. They knew it was for our anniversary so when we sat down the waiter came and sprinkled happy anniversary and heart confeiti on our table to make it more special. The food was fantastik and the appetisers were a hit. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the barbeque schrimp. then we both had the sizzling filet. the creamed spinach and the scalloped potatoes were enough to share. we even took left overs home. A fantastik evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak HouseMrHelperDined on 8/10/2014THE BEST!!!!! All the DETAILS are attended to... SUPERB SERVICE...(David) ALL the menu is spectacular!! STEAK.....(fagetaboutit..)NONE better... Seafood... OMG!!! Salads and Sides WOW!! Expensive...YEP!!! but........ a very notable HAPPY HOUR (5-7) and that's nice.. WE ENJOYED THE ENTIRE EVENING...Special Features:
- Outstanding Personalized ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014This particular location goes out of their way to personalize the level of service. We frequent this location and always ask for Ashley. Our special booth is always waiting and our favorite cocktails at the table. No wait service. Excellent food.Special Features:
- BBRKZDined on 8/3/2014We were celebrating a s pecial occassion and the dinner was delicious. What made the night even better was the excellent service we had. She brought my daughter a special dessert and kept praising her for her accomplishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JrosVIPDined on 8/3/2014Quality of meat was disappointing for a restaurant with these prices! Won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!reyesfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Came here for our wedding anniversary. Wasn't too pleased with where they sat us (near the entrance and next to the walkway) since we noted our anniversary when making the reservation. But other than that, all was fabulous. The food was delicious, as always. The BBQ shrimp appetizer is a must have. The sauce is amazing and great with the bread. We ordered rib eye steaks and mushrooms and green beans for sides. The green beans were just ok. Ruth's is never disappointing and we will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good my lobster and my boyfriends lobster was overcooked though. My steak was really good and the green beans and mashed potatoes. I didn't like the cheesecake with apricots that much but it was just me. It was made well just didn't have the taste for the apricots. My server was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014As has been my experiences in the past, it was another wonderful dinner at Ruth Chris. The service was excellent and the steaks were prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal everTerigDined on 7/26/2014We love this restaurant. It is pretty expensive so we only go on special occasions. The food is great every time. I had Filet & Shrimp. Very good. Also loved the Strawberry salad & peach cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby friendlyTeePeeDined on 7/26/2014We've been to this Ruth's Chris a few times now (just me and my wife) and have always had great experiences. We now have a 10 month old and haven't really gone out to any nice places in awhile. Since it was my wife's bday this week, I thought it would be nice to take her and our baby out to dinner. We had 4:30 reservations because we wanted to get home at an appropriate time to put our baby to bed. The hostess seated us and promptly brought a high chair. The service was very prompt and that helped because we didn't want to make it into a long dinner. The food was great as we both ordered the filet (cooked to perfection) and corn chowder. They made the night very memorable for us with the specialized menus and dessert for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Showing daughters the finer things.Dining4threeDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time taking my daughters out to a nice steak restaurant. The wait staff was impecable (Pablo was our waiter), the food was delicious and nicely presented, and the decor and ambiance was just right. I have been to Ruth's Chris before, but this time it was special to see fine dining through the eyes of my 18 & 19 year old daughters.Special Features:
- Perfect steakJarod126Dined on 7/25/2014People don't realize that their steaks are just as good as mastros or cut. It's even more family friendly than them also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visitAnnaDined on 7/22/2014RC is our go-to steak place. We love it here and enjoy ourselves every time. However, on this last visit, our expectations fell short. The meal felt rushed and the steak was not as flavorful and tender. We ordered our usual rib eye but was quite disappointed. It may be due to the huge crowd (it was dineLA week), but we still expected better service and food quality regardless. We hope our next visit will be better or at least up to par.Special Features:
- PERFECT4chhDined on 7/19/2014Took my boyfriend out for his birthday and the staff at Ruth's Chris made everything PERFECT. I couldn't be more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA menu Ruth Chrisfoodie2inlaVIPDined on 7/19/2014My first time at this Ruth Chris location, I was impressed by the detail of reservation, called me to confirm and to check we were celebrating my friend's anniversary, nice! We were late and they accommodated us and got great table! Dine LA Menu good choices for $45 each person, good size steak, either Filet or Rib-Eye, delicious sides and dessert,Only complaints: Dine LA menu listed special wines, server he did not know the year or vineyard. Other error, on Dine LA menu featured special appetizer, Tuna for $8.00, charged incorrectly on my bill. Later I called the manager, and they'll send me gift card for being over charged. I recommend Ruth Chris for a wonderful meal and to celebrate special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.