Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills
6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd Suite 1360
Westfield Shopping Towne PromenadeWestfield Shopping Towne Promenade
Woodland Hills, CA 91367Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3510/Woodland-Hills
- Phone: 8182279505
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dion Ventura
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Woodland Hills, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Woodland Hills offers 2 private dining rooms, the Canyon Room & the Malibu Room. Both rooms are elegant & comfortably furnished & perfect for parties of up to 30 for dinner. Combined, they will accommodate groups of up to 70 for dinner, & 100 for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Maya Camara 8888855946
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Woodland Hills, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills - Best Restaurants in Woodland Hills ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Woodland Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (51)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have celebrated many family events at Ruth Chris, the food is always delicious. This last visit was also memorable. Our waitress was great! She was very attentive and courteous, funny and insightful. I appreciate the special touches added to our table, we were celebrating my husband's birthday. Food and dessert was delicious.Special Features:
- MikeyDined on 9/6/2014Consistently excellent food and sevice. Quite possibly the best steaks in Southern California!Special Features:
- UmmmmmmmSteveDined on 9/5/2014All I can say is THE BEST steaks anywhere in the country. If you haven't been to Ruth's a Chris, you haven't had the best!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak Houselael23Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent! The best steak I have ever had. Its truly worth the money. Its quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!AndyMynxDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I selected Ruth's Chris for our 6th anniversary celebration, and we were not disappointed. I had the 11 oz. filet and my wife had the bone-in filet. Mine was a little over-cooked, but I told them to do it so shame on me. Our server was wonderful! My wife can be a little choosy with her wine selection, but he just rolled with it. Great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always like itLavenderVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went to happy hour prior to reservations ordered this lobster dish that two got ill from However the restaurent was food But 50 pp with shared meals Wow No moreSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysCaliforniaSteveDined on 8/16/2014As always the food was incredible. Our server Ashley K. did all that could be asked and more. My family gathered for a special night out and Ruth's Chris excelled. The appetizers, steak, sides, and desserts for the 6 of us were all great, the semi private table perfect, and the Ashley and the rest of the staff made us feel welcome and handled our needs. We will return soon for another excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmsterdamDined on 8/13/2014We went for our Anniversary and it was a great experience. We asked for a booth and they gave us a booth. They knew it was for our anniversary so when we sat down the waiter came and sprinkled happy anniversary and heart confeiti on our table to make it more special. The food was fantastik and the appetisers were a hit. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the barbeque schrimp. then we both had the sizzling filet. the creamed spinach and the scalloped potatoes were enough to share. we even took left overs home. A fantastik evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak HouseMrHelperDined on 8/10/2014THE BEST!!!!! All the DETAILS are attended to... SUPERB SERVICE...(David) ALL the menu is spectacular!! STEAK.....(fagetaboutit..)NONE better... Seafood... OMG!!! Salads and Sides WOW!! Expensive...YEP!!! but........ a very notable HAPPY HOUR (5-7) and that's nice.. WE ENJOYED THE ENTIRE EVENING...Special Features:
- Outstanding Personalized ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014This particular location goes out of their way to personalize the level of service. We frequent this location and always ask for Ashley. Our special booth is always waiting and our favorite cocktails at the table. No wait service. Excellent food.Special Features:
- BBRKZDined on 8/3/2014We were celebrating a s pecial occassion and the dinner was delicious. What made the night even better was the excellent service we had. She brought my daughter a special dessert and kept praising her for her accomplishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JrosVIPDined on 8/3/2014Quality of meat was disappointing for a restaurant with these prices! Won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!reyesfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Came here for our wedding anniversary. Wasn't too pleased with where they sat us (near the entrance and next to the walkway) since we noted our anniversary when making the reservation. But other than that, all was fabulous. The food was delicious, as always. The BBQ shrimp appetizer is a must have. The sauce is amazing and great with the bread. We ordered rib eye steaks and mushrooms and green beans for sides. The green beans were just ok. Ruth's is never disappointing and we will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good my lobster and my boyfriends lobster was overcooked though. My steak was really good and the green beans and mashed potatoes. I didn't like the cheesecake with apricots that much but it was just me. It was made well just didn't have the taste for the apricots. My server was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014As has been my experiences in the past, it was another wonderful dinner at Ruth Chris. The service was excellent and the steaks were prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal everTerigDined on 7/26/2014We love this restaurant. It is pretty expensive so we only go on special occasions. The food is great every time. I had Filet & Shrimp. Very good. Also loved the Strawberry salad & peach cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby friendlyTeePeeDined on 7/26/2014We've been to this Ruth's Chris a few times now (just me and my wife) and have always had great experiences. We now have a 10 month old and haven't really gone out to any nice places in awhile. Since it was my wife's bday this week, I thought it would be nice to take her and our baby out to dinner. We had 4:30 reservations because we wanted to get home at an appropriate time to put our baby to bed. The hostess seated us and promptly brought a high chair. The service was very prompt and that helped because we didn't want to make it into a long dinner. The food was great as we both ordered the filet (cooked to perfection) and corn chowder. They made the night very memorable for us with the specialized menus and dessert for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Showing daughters the finer things.Dining4threeDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time taking my daughters out to a nice steak restaurant. The wait staff was impecable (Pablo was our waiter), the food was delicious and nicely presented, and the decor and ambiance was just right. I have been to Ruth's Chris before, but this time it was special to see fine dining through the eyes of my 18 & 19 year old daughters.Special Features:
- Perfect steakJarod126Dined on 7/25/2014People don't realize that their steaks are just as good as mastros or cut. It's even more family friendly than them also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visitAnnaDined on 7/22/2014RC is our go-to steak place. We love it here and enjoy ourselves every time. However, on this last visit, our expectations fell short. The meal felt rushed and the steak was not as flavorful and tender. We ordered our usual rib eye but was quite disappointed. It may be due to the huge crowd (it was dineLA week), but we still expected better service and food quality regardless. We hope our next visit will be better or at least up to par.Special Features:
- PERFECT4chhDined on 7/19/2014Took my boyfriend out for his birthday and the staff at Ruth's Chris made everything PERFECT. I couldn't be more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA menu Ruth Chrisfoodie2inlaVIPDined on 7/19/2014My first time at this Ruth Chris location, I was impressed by the detail of reservation, called me to confirm and to check we were celebrating my friend's anniversary, nice! We were late and they accommodated us and got great table! Dine LA Menu good choices for $45 each person, good size steak, either Filet or Rib-Eye, delicious sides and dessert,Only complaints: Dine LA menu listed special wines, server he did not know the year or vineyard. Other error, on Dine LA menu featured special appetizer, Tuna for $8.00, charged incorrectly on my bill. Later I called the manager, and they'll send me gift card for being over charged. I recommend Ruth Chris for a wonderful meal and to celebrate special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!!!DrumdragonDined on 7/19/2014Great Steaks!!! Delicious and no additional sauces or adds needed!!!!! Their sides are always amazing like their mac and cheese, regular fries, brussel sprouts - you name it. One thing that we wished they didn't change is their dessert - they had a DELISH chocolate explosion cake and now its some weird tiny cake with chocolate mousse. Even the waiter looked at it and said - Sorry that doesn't look as yummy as the old cake. Hopefully the chefs' see the light and bring back that amazing cake soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for moms birthdayExcellentVIPDined on 7/16/2014This was a excellent restaurant for moms birthday dinner had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDougVIPDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I made last minute plans to celebrate our anniversary. This was not one of our better nights at the restaurant. Both the food and service were a little off. However, the restaurant and management showed great class in keeping us as happy customers. On our way out, I made mention to one of the hosts regarding our issues. She offered to have me speak to the manager. However, I declined. About 15 minutes later, I received a call from Drew, the manager, indicating that he had heard about our comments and wanted to know more about what happened. Drew was sympathetic and took steps to rectify the situation. Kudos to the restaurant. We will continue to be loyal customers and look forward to returning very soon. Very impressed.Special Features:
- Dine LA was a SurpriseSteveDined on 7/16/2014This was a return visit to Ruth's Chris and to our expectation the food offered by the restaurant was superb like usual. We figured the Dine LA fixed price menu would give us reduced portions but to our surprise...it did not. The Filet was a generous 11 oz. portion cooked to perfection. We love this place to get our occasional carnage (protein)... and the wine is hard to choose because the list is extensive. This is a great place to go in Woodland Hills, CA.Special Features:
- Great DineLA valueCAgolfbumDined on 7/16/2014DineLA menu $45 - great deal! Strawberry, Almond Bleu Cheese mixed greens salad with viniagrette to start (my date had the Caesar Salad) , 11 oz. Filet Mignon plus Creamed Spinach (my date had the Mushrooms instead) and a mini cheesecake with dark chocolate almond bark on the side. Reasonable $15 corkage - wine service was attentive and proper stems provided for our 2005 Anderson Conn Valley Right Bank blend (Cab Franc 30% & Merlot 70% - WA 94). Corkage waived if you buy a bottle off their list.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceCarolynDined on 7/11/2014Ruth's Chris is always where we go when we feel like eating something delicious, whether or not we are celebrating. This was our first time at the Woodland Hills location and as usual, the food was amazing. Our server, Britnee was delightful. We both ordered the Ruth's Classics with filet and shrimp. The filet is always flavorful and tender, and the shrimp is cooked perfectly and seasoned deliciously. We will definitely be coming back soon when we feel like spoiling ourselves!Special Features:
- SteakGuyDined on 7/5/2014Always a fabulous meal. We have come to know the staff as we frequent the restaurant and really enjoy the hospitality. I encourage you to order the "blackend" ribeye with no butter. The chef cooks it to perfection! and make sure you save form room for the cheesecake, which will be dificult to do!Special Features:
- great eveningBellaVIPDined on 7/5/2014the food & service did not disappoint. our waitress was attentive but not intrusive. Cheryl (in the bar) was terrific, as usual. she is the reason we arrive early. the steaks were all cooked perfectly. - but that goes without saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryReviewVIPDined on 7/5/2014The lobster was great but the filet was only fair and the two sides were terrible The broccoli augraten and potato augraten were almost without cheese???? All in all very disappointing for one of our favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has some of the best steaks in the San Fernando Valley! Their "cowboy ribeye" is not to be missed - tender and so succulent it practically slides down the throat. Also, they have a very good wine list. I will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Personal touchLuv2dineoutDined on 6/26/2014Ruth Chris went the extra mile to make my daughters bday special. They decorated our table with a special card for my daughter and personalized the menu with a bday wish printed with her name. It was a great surprise that no other restaurant has ever done. Food was outstanding the whole experience was worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RC WLOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014This is not my first rodeo at this RCs and will not be the last. Always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended for great steak~OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2014Definitely worth the premium for the steaks! I would skip not their seafood. I got a prawn appetizer ($19) that only came with 4… not worth it. I got a lobster tail… not worth it. But the rip eye and the filet, THAT is worth it. I will skip on the seafood next time and just get more meat. Service is good, though sometimes slow but overall very goodSpecial Features:
- Bday DinnerCortes87Dined on 6/23/2014Took the Gf for her birthday dinner, the message "happy bday" and her name on the menus started the night right. Our waitress Ashley was very knowledgable of the food and drinks we loved her reccomendations. Alson was super attentive without trying to upsell everything. No cons, overall great bday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThosdeDined on 6/22/2014We were celebrating a special occasion at Ruth's Chris Sunday evening, and they exceeded our expectations. Confetti on the table, and a handwriten note from the Restaurant's GM greeted us when we were seated. The dinners were cooked and served as ordered. We always have a good experience at Ruth's Chris, and will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Very disappointedsocal66Dined on 6/22/2014This has been our "GO TO" restaurant for special occasions. Not anymore. Steak was grisley, caesar salad shrunk considerably. What a shame! Next time I'll say something to server. However, it was my son's birthday and he gets embarrassed when I send things back. Sure hope you can get back to your great food, "reasonable" portions and all around top quality. Didn't like the dessert as well as the old apple one.Special Features:
- Great Food!kathyVIPDined on 6/15/2014great food and great service!! I was here for Father's Day and it was busy yet the service was excellent!Special Features:
- DresscodeRonaldDined on 6/14/2014There were people wearing shorts and sandals making the experience less than expected..There needs to be a dress code if this is to remain a high class establishment.Special Features: