Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
610 North Orlando Avenue (Highway 17-92)
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3844/Winter-Park/North-Orlando-Area
- Phone: (407) 622-2444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Zimmerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Winter Park, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Winter Park, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Elba Ortega-Cruz 8775789314
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Winter Park, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (78)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (53)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Food and Great ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 5/25/2014As usual, the food was great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- food good service greateatoutDined on 5/21/2014Food was good, I expected more for the price I mean tenderness and flavor. The service was fenomenal I have never reserved better service. Service was attentive and came to check up on us with perfect timing. We went for our anniversary they kindly provided us with free desert and rose petals on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friend night spot!HungryManDined on 5/19/2014Myself and 7 of my good friends decided we wanted to treat ourselves to a NICE meal, and a GREAT time... Ruth's Chris didn't disappoint! I started off with the mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat, Amazing! Then onto the strawberry, toasted almond and blue cheese salad, again, Awesome. Then the Best part, New York Strip cooked to perfection, medium rare with a blue cheese crust.... sided with broccoli au gratin, and potatoes au gratin, (as you can tell, I like the cheese!) :) All of my guests were happy, had some excellent wine our server recommended. Had the chocolate explosion for dessert, then rolled my fat but to the couch! We will RETURN!Special Features:
- Always a pleasurebigdogVIPDined on 5/15/2014Hard to go any place else as the food, service and ambience here is always top notch even for Happy Hour specials. The value of the $7 menu is unsurpassed. Great as always!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnershangatorDined on 5/10/2014I frequently visit Ruth's in either Dr. Phillips or Lake Mary. At this location, our steaks were overcooked and obviously sat on the plate for a long time before being served to us, the waiter didn't ask us to cut into the steak to ensure it was what we ordered (he took around 10 minutes to even come by and ask), the bar wasn't very vibrant, and the experience was just average. I won't be visiting that location again.Special Features:
- FSUJennVIPDined on 5/1/2014Delicious as always and amazing service. We are regulars and will stay that way, amazing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. We went to Ruth's Chris for dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The food, service and ambience were perfect for our special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 4/27/2014As always, Great Food, Great Service. Outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration at a PeakbigdogVIPDined on 4/25/2014A great evening enjoyed by all. Exceptional food, service and ambience. Stimulating and endless conversation. The GM David's personal approach to all the guests was welcomed and engaging. Planning to return again next year for my next birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Good times as Always here!bigdogVIPDined on 4/21/2014I had not been here for several weeks and organized for a Birthday eve get together with a few friends. This coincidentally was 2 years to the day when I first came here. Several additional people surprised us and joined us. Everything was perfect. I brought a special 23 year old bottle of wine and it was treated with the appropriate care. I am organizing another larger group to help me celebrate my birthday again on Sunday and it was no question that I would be coming back to Ruth Chris Winter Park where David and his team know how to make sure it all goes well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightBPFoodieVIPDined on 4/3/2014We always enjoy Ruth's Chris --- professional staff - great steaks as always ----Special Features:
- Delicious food and outstandingFSUJennVIPDined on 4/2/2014Delicious food and outstanding service, per usual. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatUnhappyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Ruth Chris restaurants are always reliable. No surprises, sit back, relax and enjoy. Seldom have we had a disappointing evening at this or any Ruth Chris restaurant. If there ever is a problem, tell your service person and it will be solved.
- Can't go wrong hereBocaBillDined on 3/21/2014Great steaks, great ambiance, fabulous service. Can't go wrong with this great place. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencepsmi84Dined on 3/17/2014It was my 30 th birthday and the staff was superb, the food was delicious and the service made my guest and me feel like royalty thanks again for the unforgettable experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014My brother who is a major carnivore had never been to a Ruth's Chris. He is often more about quantity than quality, but he got a great dose of both here. The steaks are the highest of quality and the prepared perfectly with great flavor. The service was outstanding and we had delicious wines as well. Only disappointment might have been the broccoli. I am ok with al dente, but this was raw. Overall great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor servicefoodieDined on 3/8/2014I enjoy upscale restaurants. This Saturday was very disappointing. Our server was terrible. We spent $400 on a meal for 4 people. Not even one time did the server come by and ask how are we doing, how the meal was. We ordered 2 chocolate cakes for dessert. Both of them were left basically uneaten because they didnt taste good. The server just grabbed them and hurried away. I had to request water 3 times to get it. We were offered more bread but bread never arrived. Over all it was a Denny's kind of service for very high price. Next time I would much rather go to Flemmings, Mortons or The Palm. The service was very hurried. We felt rushed the whole time. Pitiful experience for a great restaurant chain.
- On the leading edgebigdogVIPDined on 2/23/2014I was excited tom try their new gourmet ketchup Sir Kensington with their Happy Hour Burger and Fries. Everything was top of the line again and they are breaking the frontiers with some great new fine touches. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceladybevDined on 2/23/2014We come here alot for birthdays and special occasions and they never disappoint. The food is just excellent. Great flavor, quality and cooked just how you like it. The service is always wonderful. They are very attentive. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014Main Courses and Service were very good - side dishes were just above average. Moderate noise level, but my wife and I were still able to converse.Special Features:
- Blue ChipbigdogVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great service along with fantastic food make for a special dining experience. Clear to see this is the flagship restaurant in this exceptional chain. Fine dining at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loses its uniqueness when busyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014went to Ruths for valentines - tend to go there around 2-3 times a year but wont go for valentines again as the food was not up to the normal standard (my ribeye was supposed to be med rare but ended up medium well and was also a very poor cut but) - we were also felt rushed as we had just sat down and we were being pushed for our order - overall not a good experience and not a patch on how they normally are - it might be the extra staff they had bought in but they lost the quality and also the personal touch so wont be doing valentines again with themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food at this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I love the food at this place. Their meat quality and grade are good. I just wish they had a coat hanger!Special Features:
- Simply GreatbigdogVIPDined on 2/11/2014Last minute return two days from our previous visit. A packed house with tables constantly turning over in the bar. The restaurant team did not miss a beat!Special Features:
- Sunday Super Saver!bigdogVIPDined on 2/9/2014I've been attending Sunday afternoons regularly and recommending it to my friends. I made a reservation for 6 additional friends to join me at this event last Sunday and to my surprise, I had 20 guests show up. While I've been here on occasions in the past with minimal attendees in the restaurant on their Sundays, this weekend every seat in the bar was full and we took our party out to the patio. It was totally delightful, in part due to the weather. Everyone who attended raved about the food and service and I'm looking forward to more similar events in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Happy HourBooyahDined on 2/6/2014Ruth Chris has an awesome happy hour in the lounge area. Always great and there is extra seating outdoors if necessary. Of course that doesn't help when it's bad weather but hey, they can't control everything. LOL. Food is great. Service is quick and very friendly. They usually have the tv tuned to ESPN but muted so you can still talk amongst each other but if you are a sports fan, you can glance up and see what's going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable for food andUnhappyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Always reliable for food and waitstaff accommodating and pleasant.
- Busy Busy Busy!bigdogVIPDined on 1/29/2014A very chilly Wednesday evening meant that every seat in the bar was full. Service and food were still great following the short wait to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectations!TawnyDined on 1/28/2014We are in our late 60s, well traveled and have dined in many fine restaurants. This was a special occasion and did not want to ruin it by complaining. But after we compared notes this meal was a 3 on a scale of 1-10(highest) unbecoming of a restaurant of this stature. One entree was quite good, the other was cooked to the right temperature but very fatty. Both sides were tepid and the potatoes were soggy. The desert was excellent. Cappuccino was marginal. All of the staff were pleasantly attentive...
- Attendance EruptionbigdogVIPDined on 1/19/2014Planned on a few friends joining me here however the word has spread as to how great this restaurant is for Happy Hour. Originally a group of 4 turned into 8 and then ended up with around 20 guests. Even with this notable influx of customers, the small Sunday staff did a great job of expeditiously taking our orders, getting all the food out timely and ensuring all our needs were satisfied. Everyone in the group said they would be returning. Well Done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceWPFoodieDined on 1/18/2014Ruth's is great for dinner, sauteed spinach is my new favorite side. Recommend the bar scene and Happy Hour menu anytime,Special Features:
- Friday Night BuzzbigdogVIPDined on 1/17/2014I stopped in for happy hour prior to attending a nearby art gallery opening. As usual efficient quality service and great food. The restaurant manager David added that special touch by visiting all the tables in the bar. Not an easy task as all the tables were busy and constantly turning over. David's exceptional interpersonal skills allowed him to easily welcome and check his guests satisfaction levels with amazing aplomb. Everyone appreciated the time he took to visit them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular favoritebigdogVIPDined on 1/12/2014It is becoming almost a weekly event to meet here prior to Sunday evening church. I enjoyed my meal with 4 friends who I unexpectedly met there. I enjoyed my burger while the others raved about their steak sandwiches and tenderloin skewer salads. All were very happy!!!Special Features:
- First visit of yearbigdogVIPDined on 1/10/2014Have not been here for a while. Still great food, service and ambience. I will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionhate2cookDined on 12/31/2013The steak was cooked exactly as ordered. Sides are big enough that you could share and order different options. The service was fantastic (right down to constant water refills) and no feeling of being rushed out on a busy, New Year's Eve night.Special Features:
- Best steaks I've ever had!JoelDined on 12/28/2013Best steaks in Orlando! Crisp on the outside, perfectly cooked inside. And the creamed spinach is amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely holiday dinneruga6Dined on 12/25/2013We celebrated my husband's birthday. Our table wasn't ready however we only waited a few minutes and we enjoyed a cocktail while waiting. Our waiter Gary was fabulous! He was knowledgeable and made great recommendations! It was a perfect evening out to celebrate! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SizzlesGreystoneVIPDined on 12/24/2013Whether an average evening or a Christmas Eve, this place always sizzles with memorable service, drink, and food, just the very best place to be in Winter Park on any eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas evedisappointedVIPDined on 12/24/2013Had a resv. Waited half hour beyond seating time. $$$ steaks served were not cooked as ordered. Sides sat while steaks cooked more. One dinner of chicken was consumed before the steaks reappeared. No attempt was made for replacemen thot sides Unfortunately mgr spot visited tables but not ours. Servers should be accountable to check food order before serving.Very easy method forsteak doneness especially if medium is ordered and steak isserved rate. All in all, serious money was spent for a table for three and experience was not consistent with a Ruth's Chris.All meats were very overseasoned. Flemmings steakhouse less expensive, better service and reception upon arrival is exceptional. Will go back there.
- Christmas Eve DinnerParttimeFoodyDined on 12/24/2013We had a nice dinner, food was tasty & so was the wine. I would recommend Ruth Chris to anyone who wants to splurge at the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.