Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
610 North Orlando Avenue (Highway 17-92)
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3844/Winter-Park/North-Orlando-Area
- Phone: 4076222444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Zimmerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Winter Park, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Winter Park, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Elba Ortega-Cruz 8775789314
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Winter Park, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (31)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (22)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (9)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Becoming a Tuesday evening regular!bigdogVIPDined on 8/26/2014Since I have a regular Tuesday event in the area, it is so easy to stop in here for a quick bite before my get together. Quality food and service every time and the Happy Hour menu is great value, Perfect for an appetizer before a full meal or as a quick meal on the run before another meeting. The steak sandwich was divine as usual as was the great service from Meaghen and Heather. I'll be back again next Tuesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Classic!bigdogVIPDined on 8/25/2014I enjoyed the classic menu with the Filet and Shrimp, Steamed Spinach and their seafood gumbo soup. The Filet as always was cooked perfectly and this is the first time I've had the gumbo. I understand why it is popular and regularly requested by other regulars. I upgraded to the cheesecake for dessert and expect that will be a regular decision I make with my dinners. The service by outstanding as usual. Heather, Meaghen, Charlene, Jenna, Jason and Stephen always do a stellar job and make me look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 8/24/2014As always, Great Food and Great Service. The staff made us feel welcome and everyone found the food to be great, too.Special Features:
- GreystoneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We've been away from Ruth's for a few months, but we returned recently, and it still deserves five stars. Food, drink, and service just can't be beat. Steaks are wonderful, and that chopped salad is the best. We certainly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!Food4allDined on 8/21/2014Celebrating a birthday and can't remember ever having a more delicious, perfectly prepared steak. Service was also spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bar has become a real hot spot!bigdogVIPDined on 8/19/2014I was surprised when two friends joined me here for Happy Hour on a Tuesday. We each had three different menu items from the Happy Hour menu and the ladies had the house Snap Dragon Cabernet and a Pomegranate Martini. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the ladies were very impressed with their wines. We discussed the wine list and were aptly impressed with the wide range of wines from great value lower price range end wines that provide quality as well as their more expensive top quality wines. Ruth Chris Winter Park does a great job of delivering value across their menu as well as the 5 star experience and top of the line dining experience. Service was excellent as well from Jenna, Heather and Meaghan per their usual super friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to RememberKarenDavidDined on 8/18/2014We recently celebrated our 30th Anniversary with a very special dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Winter Park. Everything was superb from the moment we arrived. Our table was covered in rose petals, our server Natalia was spectacular in every respect, the food was amazing, perfectly prepared and presented with all the right touches. They even created an anniversary card from our daughter who thoughtfully treated us to drinks and a special dessert. We would highly recommend it for any special occasion or just to treat yourself to an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour Group EventbigdogVIPDined on 8/17/2014David and his team did a brilliant job making sure all of my guest had a great time by providing 5 star Service and Food. Words that describe the experience include friendly and timely. David also took the extra step to call me on Friday night when the Happy Hours prices increased so I could make all my guests aware of the slight increase. Everyone appreciated that touch as well as David's visit to all the tables and guests. While service is suffering at other venues I visit, it's always a pleasure to come back here because David's team always meets or exceeds my expectations. Looking forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FSUJennVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service, per usual. We are regulars and will continue to be so. The pre-fixe meals are always a great deal and don't miss the sweet potato casserole!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurebigdogVIPDined on 8/10/2014Friendly customers and staff made this dining experience even better. Great food and service. I love coming back because it is consistently a model for other restaurants to emulate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have your steak prepared Pittsburg!bigdogVIPDined on 8/6/2014After pouring over the menu looking at all the choices, I ordered their classic menu with the Filet with Shrimp, Spicy Lobster Bites as an additional appetizer, I started with their Lobster Bisque and upgraded to Steamed Spinach as my side. A few of their staff had recommended trying the steak prepared Pittsburg style and it was great. I also upgraded the dessert and tried the Chocolate Explosion Lava Cake. I'm hopeful to see their Chocolate Mousse Pecan Dessert on the menu soon as I had a taste of it and absolutely loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get there early!bigdogVIPDined on 8/5/2014I decided to stop in for dinner in the bar before heading to another event. Normally I try to be here when they open at 4:30 however I couldn't make it til about a half hour later. The bar was packed with no empty chairs or tables. I had a short wait standing behind a couple of friends who I had introduced to this venue and the Happy Hour experience. When I did get to sit down everything was top quality as usual. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant as alwaysbigdogVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great food as always and service top rate without missing a beat with new people in the bar area. Charlene continues providing exceptionally friendly service and Jana is a new star on the rise. I was originally going to come by myself however several friends are wanting to meet me there on a regular basis on Sundays so I expect that will continue. David remains my example of how a manager should ensure his team is performing at the highest of standards. I'll be back again, very very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dropped in due to double pointsbigdogVIPDined on 7/29/2014Short notice and the bar was packed. I found one chair and as I left there were people waiting for chairs. As usual, outstanding service, primarily from Heather although the staff who I know from regular visits were all very pleasant. I've already got three more reservations booked here over the next month to introduce friends as I know what a great dining experience they will all have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualBeamManVIPDined on 7/27/2014This last visit the service wasn't as it has in the past. My group filled the bar area and meals were not delivered in the order of placement. Some people, including me, waited much longer to be served their meal (after ordering) than normal. Some people at the same table were given their meal much before others at the same table and others that ordered before they did. I realize we filled the bar area and there were a lot of orders, but the sequence of serving them should have been correct. My meal was ordered as Med-Rare and when it finally came out, it was well done. I ate it anyway because I was the last to be served. It was still good, but not as I ordered.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualbigdogVIPDined on 7/20/2014I brought a group of 22 here for their Happy Hour in the Bar on Sunday and everyone was so impressed with the food, service and value. They want me to make it a regular event every month! Thanks David, Meaghen and Charlene for making the group so happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Short notice reservationbigdogVIPDined on 7/15/2014I keep coming back! David does a great job making sure his staff do a great job. Heather provided excellent service on the patio while the bar area was exceptionally busy. Everyone in my party of 4 had a different meal and they all thought theirs was great as well as the bites shared amongst the rest of our group. Great food and engaging management and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLoriDined on 7/14/2014We had an excellent evening with really good service and food fit for a foodie. This is definitely a place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better option than a sports bar!bigdogVIPDined on 7/13/2014I decided to watch the World Cup final here instead of all the manic sports bars in town. Made new friends while also enjoying the game along with great food and service. No comparisons. I'll be back to see more sports events here in their bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EventbigdogVIPDined on 7/6/2014David and his team made this event a 5 star experience for all the guests. Great food and service as my party took over the bar area. Everyone was pleased and they are looking forward to coming back. See you all soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A last minute decisionbigdogVIPDined on 7/2/2014I decided to stop in for a quick meal and as always was thoroughly satisfied. I'm quite the regular here now so it is no surprise that I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Good ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food is always great. Never had a bad meal. Since I expect the same service level as in the past, this time, it didn't measure up. They filled the water just fine, but at times when we had to look for someone to get something or assist.Special Features:
- Last Minute Decision-double pointsbigdogVIPDined on 6/22/2014A very busy Sunday Happy Hour. I came in to grab a quick bite before heading to another venue to watch the Soccer game against Portugal. Everything was good and Charlene and Heather were very busy taking care of the crowd. Smiling the whole time. Again the Half Pound Prime Burger was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Recently, I planned a nice birthday dinner for two at Ruth's Chris. We were promptly sat and they decorated the table for the occasion. Service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. Everyone was accommodating and knowledgable. Unforgettable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsBPFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Professional service and great food creates the perfect environment for any special occasion --- always a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- mysterychefDined on 6/16/2014everything was very good, service was alot better than i remember it being, attentive without being intrusive. Steaks of course cooked perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever!bigdogVIPDined on 6/15/2014Treated myself on Fathers' Day and Oh Boy, how I was pleased. I had the Classic Menu with the Filet and Shrimp. I normally have my steak bleu but had this one rare. It was cooked to perfection! As usual extremely personal service by Charlene, Meagher and Heather really embellished the evening. Also, the visit by David, the restaurant GM as always added that extra special touch. I'm looking forward to several more returns here in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Hit!ans wbigdogVIPDined on 6/8/2014I organized a Happy Hour event for a dining group and only had 8 people sign up the night before. The next morning I had 18 people signed up. I sent David (the GM) an email to alert him to the situation. Then when I had over 30 people show as the attendees brought guests, I was a little anxious that they would not receive the dining experience that I boast about every time I come here. David, Charlene and Meaghen did not miss a beat and all my guests were effusive over the evening. They too are Raving Fans who will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickyeaterPickyEaterDined on 6/5/2014I'm not a beef eater so I had the Blue Crab Cakes and they were excellent. Rest of my party had steaks and they enjoyed them tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short notice before an eventbigdogVIPDined on 6/3/2014Decided to stop in before an event for a quick meal. Everything was still top drawer even though I was only there for a short time. Service, food and ambience as well as the usual visit from the GM welcoming all the guests. Always a pleasureful experience and clearly shows why they are the best of the Ruth Chris restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing happy hour menubigdogVIPDined on 6/1/2014If you love a quality dining experience and appreciate value, you definitely need to check out their early evening menu, here from 4:30-6:30 Sunday through Friday. 5 star food, service and ambience at a cost that put fast food places to shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 5/25/2014As usual, the food was great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- food good service greateatoutDined on 5/21/2014Food was good, I expected more for the price I mean tenderness and flavor. The service was fenomenal I have never reserved better service. Service was attentive and came to check up on us with perfect timing. We went for our anniversary they kindly provided us with free desert and rose petals on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friend night spot!HungryManDined on 5/19/2014Myself and 7 of my good friends decided we wanted to treat ourselves to a NICE meal, and a GREAT time... Ruth's Chris didn't disappoint! I started off with the mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat, Amazing! Then onto the strawberry, toasted almond and blue cheese salad, again, Awesome. Then the Best part, New York Strip cooked to perfection, medium rare with a blue cheese crust.... sided with broccoli au gratin, and potatoes au gratin, (as you can tell, I like the cheese!) :) All of my guests were happy, had some excellent wine our server recommended. Had the chocolate explosion for dessert, then rolled my fat but to the couch! We will RETURN!Special Features:
- Always a pleasurebigdogVIPDined on 5/15/2014Hard to go any place else as the food, service and ambience here is always top notch even for Happy Hour specials. The value of the $7 menu is unsurpassed. Great as always!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnershangatorDined on 5/10/2014I frequently visit Ruth's in either Dr. Phillips or Lake Mary. At this location, our steaks were overcooked and obviously sat on the plate for a long time before being served to us, the waiter didn't ask us to cut into the steak to ensure it was what we ordered (he took around 10 minutes to even come by and ask), the bar wasn't very vibrant, and the experience was just average. I won't be visiting that location again.Special Features:
- FSUJennVIPDined on 5/1/2014Delicious as always and amazing service. We are regulars and will stay that way, amazing!
- The following 320 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. We went to Ruth's Chris for dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The food, service and ambience were perfect for our special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 4/27/2014As always, Great Food, Great Service. Outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration at a PeakbigdogVIPDined on 4/25/2014A great evening enjoyed by all. Exceptional food, service and ambience. Stimulating and endless conversation. The GM David's personal approach to all the guests was welcomed and engaging. Planning to return again next year for my next birthday celebration!Special Features: