Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
610 North Orlando Avenue (Highway 17-92)
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3844/Winter-Park/North-Orlando-Area
- Phone: (407) 622-2444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Zimmerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Winter Park, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Winter Park, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Elba Ortega-Cruz 8775789314
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Winter Park, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (78)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (53)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not a fan!RandSDined on 11/14/2014My third time to Ruth Chris and I do not think the food or service is with the price you pay! My steak was full of fat and the sides were nothing special-mashed potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms. We only went because we were given gift cards as a thank you and I am glad hat we didn't pay for the whole meal!
- Fine Dining at its finestAlbertDDined on 11/11/2014This is the perfect place for that extra special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FSUJennVIPDined on 11/9/2014Delicious food and great service, per usual. We are "regulars" here for a reason.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great singles event!bigdogVIPDined on 11/9/201412 singles came here for happy hour and everyone left sated. All were pleased with the food， service and ambiance. Plenty of mingling was well accommodated by great friendly and expeditious service. Everyone plans to come back for more visits to this superb venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my waitress Anastasia.KathyDined on 11/8/2014Delicious. They need better desserts. Liked the devil's food cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An energized evening in the loungebigdogVIPDined on 11/4/2014Tuesday evening was hopping with a few celebrations. The staff were busy but still delivered great service. Meaghen, Heather and Stephen were stars. My meal was exceptional as usual and the ambiance great.Special Features:
- Supreme Steak SandwichbigdogVIPDined on 11/3/2014It had been almost a month since I had the Ruth Chris Tenderloin Steak Sandwich and I had forgotten how good it really is. Cooked to perfection and great service again from Meaghen, Jenna and Joaquim. I'm planning on not only returning again with a group on Sunday, I'm planning on going back again this evening, making it 3 days in a row. That should speak volumes for how much I enjoy eating here!Special Features:
- Sunday Happy Hour at Ruth Chris WPbigdogVIPDined on 11/2/2014A last minute decision and I had three additional guests joining me. While we had three different generations at the table, the commentary was the same. Praise for the food, ambiance and service. Meaghen did her usual great job and was ably assisted by Natasha. Kudos to the staff. Three of those in attendance praised the Half Pound Burger and the other had kudos for the steak sandwich. The Snap Dragon house Cabernet was a hit as well. The visit by the GM, David O'banion always gives it that extra nice touch. While I am a regular here, everyone who was with me said they were looking forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can count on Ruth's ChrislouispeDined on 10/31/2014When I need a safe bet to host a special occasion, I look for a nearby Ruth's Chris. John in Winter Park, FL, thanks for taking care of my dad @ 80.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceBeamManVIPDined on 10/26/2014As always, Great Food and Great Service. All servers were extraordinary attentive as I have come to expect from this fine restaurant. Always impeccable.Special Features:
- just goodJamesDined on 10/23/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary.The service was really good they had rose pedals on the table.The food was good,exept they over cooked my wifes filet,mine was perfect.I thought a little pricey for what it was prob $10 cheaper a plate would be more appeallingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to end the WeekendbigdogVIPDined on 10/19/2014After a full weekend, stopping in at Ruth Chris Happy Hour on Sundays is a perfect ending. Top quality food and service while watching football on the TV in the bar. What more could you ask for?! The Crab BLT with Zucchini fries was exceptional. Not your normal steakhouse meal but still delivered a la Blue Chip Ruth Chris standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal in the BarbigdogVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great food and service in the bar as well as in the restaurant. You can enjoy your meal comfortably and have a top quality service experience even if you are in a hurry based on the expeditious care by the team here. David does a great job with his people, leading by example and they have learned well from him. Heather (like the others on the restaurant staff) is always pleasant and hospitable. 5 stars across the board as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Fun EveningbigdogVIPDined on 10/12/2014Only a small group joined me in the Bar where we enjoyed their Happy Hour menu. I had the Crab BLT rather than my usual Filet, Steak sandwich or their Ultimate Prime Burger. Everything was perfect as usual and the Zucchini fries were exceptional. Always a pleasure with great service by Charlene and Joaquin. I'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- Just another great experiencebigdogVIPDined on 10/5/2014Every time I come back here, I have a 5 star experience. Obviously the food is key, but everything else adds to the overall delivery. Great personable service with the extra touch from the GM David and Meaghen in the Bar. I look forward to bringing more friends here every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationKingerDined on 10/3/2014We were celebrating a birthday and they went all out....a fabulous birthday desert plate and they even took a picture which was given to us upon our departure. The service and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Great FoodBeamManVIPDined on 9/28/2014As usual, Great Food. Service was good, too.Special Features:
- Perfect on every levelGrifDined on 9/27/2014Filet Mignon cut like butter and melted in my mouth; creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes were outstanding; Service by Matt was personable, attentive and very helpful; mini cheesecake with fresh berries and a cappuccino topped the evening off. We will definitely go back - quality dining on every level!Special Features:
- 1 Blemish ...RepeatDinerDined on 9/27/2014Ambiance, service, food & beverage all made for a delightful experience. The one blemish being a rather obvious stain on the table linen - surprised that the wait staff didn't catch it when setting the table ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining ReviewgirlwithsomethoughtsDined on 9/26/2014Came for dinner and to take advantage of the Magical Dining special. We eat at RC often, but when we asked for the special menu, our server did not seem too excited. The food was excellent, but service seemed to be very slow. Often times another server would stop by to assist us because ours was no where to be found. This is not typical in our previous experience, so perhaps something was going on that night or she didn't care about us because of the dining option we chose. Either way, the restaurant is great for dinner and we will be going back.Special Features:
- Table42Table42Dined on 9/21/2014The service, food, and atmosphere at Ruth Chris in Winter Park, Florida was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Outstanding Service!OrlandoNative43yrsDined on 9/21/2014Service was Phenomenal! Stephanie, Ashley and Jeremy at the Winter Park Ruth's Chris' restaurant were the bomb. So nice an patient and our orders were perfect. We were there to celebrate my 1st best friend/sister's birthday party and they treated us like royalty. The food was also outstanding! That gumbo, ooooooweeeee....Special Features:
- A Great Filet!bigdogVIPDined on 9/21/2014Once again I thoroughly enjoyed an amazing Filet, cooked to perfection. Well accompanied by the Sauteed Mushrooms and a glass of the Orin Swift Shatter (an amazing Grenache they produced in France). The Gumbo as a starter is amazing. The perfect finish was the cheesecake for dessert. I was totally sated. Add the great service from Heather and a new up and comer in Joaquin. Of course, the customary visit by the GM, David O. always adds that extra nice touch. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!DiningcriticDined on 9/20/2014Loved our evening. After a stressful work week, we went to Ruth's Chris for a quiet, peaceful dinner where we knew the service and the food would be a cut above. Of course, we weren't disappointed. Always the same...perfect. Worth every penny. We tried Magical Dining, so it wasn't as costly. Loved it!Special Features:
- Flavor in every bite!FoodieishDined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I went during Magical dining month to test the place out. It was the best filet mignon we've ever tasted; wished we ordered larger ones!!! The steak house salad was a little disappointing, the white wine vinegrette had a little too much "bite" in it. The cheesecake dessert we had was delicious as well. We would definitely go back and pay regular ($$$$) prices, to taste that flavor again is worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely "Magical" Dining!DiningDivaDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at a Ruth's Chris Steak House restaurant. My friend and I were there for Magical Dining because neither of us have dined at Ruth's Chris. I also did not want to spend a lot of money, if the food and service were not enjoyable. We were not treated differently because we wanted to do Magical Dining, which I genuinely appreciated. From the moment we arrived to our exit, we were treated exceptionally well. Our server--Jenna--was awesome! She and her assistant server, Miles, made a great team. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was delicious! I had the most amazing cocktail too--a coconut ginger lemon martini! I will definitely be back because my friend and I had such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualIrishPatVIPDined on 9/18/2014Hadn't gone for a while and the Orlando Magical Dining program got us to go back. I had forgotten how wonderful the place is. Food is great and the service the same!Special Features:
- Wonderful place!Jfife1079Dined on 9/17/2014Jenna our server was amazing and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Another Great MealWntrPkGirlDined on 9/17/2014What can I say about this restaurant that hasn't been said? The food, atmosphere, and service are just perfect! I had the filet and shrimp on the magical dining menu and it was so delicious that words really fail me. Same goes for the cheesecake dessert. You are amazing!Special Features:
- food was greatreviewer666Dined on 9/14/2014went there for magical dinning, ambiance was nice (what you would expect from Ruth Chris). Steak was perfectly seasoned, a little over cooked for medium but if you want medium ask for medium rare (I think the hot plate that they serve it on is to be blamed for that) but food was great, their creme of spinish was by far the best i have had. Sweet Potato casserole was FREAKING AMAZING. Over all was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Impressive every guest!bigdogVIPDined on 9/14/2014I had a fresh group of new invitees join me from my dining group. Several people more than I had anticipated based on them not RSVPing to the event. As always, this was not a problem for David and his team and they took care of everyone's needs perfectly. Everyone loved it and want to know when the next event we will be having here. It has been requested that we come back at least every month! We'll see David and his team again in October.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningmarcoDined on 9/13/2014Our visit was superb as always, we had the Magical Dining special the food was excellent, service and ambiance top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dined with my wife ordering from a limited local dining seasonal event menu. I received exactly what i have come to expect and experienced before, great food, pretty good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great, magical dining got us in we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star SteakDinersDelightDined on 9/12/2014First time we have dined at Ruth's Chris Steak House - we regret that we've waited so long. The service and food went beyond our expectations, everyone's steak was cooked to specifications - my husband likes his well done and it was perfect. We were a little surprised at the high noise level and down dressing by most patrons - disappointing. Not the restaurant's fault. We had looked forward to a dressy evening out. We had a group next to the four of us, they should have been at the a sports bar across the highway and not a fine dining restaurant. We could barely carry on a conversation; even so, we would not hesitate to return for another excellent meal at a later time in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantlovefoodDined on 9/11/2014The food was good, didn't like the mashed potatoes but the rest including the dessert was awesome. The waitress was really good, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent timePnv7304VIPDined on 9/11/2014Another great meal, terrific service, wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014The staff was so professional and coordial. The food was excellent. The dessert was amazing. We had the cheesecake.Special Features:
- Even a quick visit is a memorablebigdogVIPDined on 9/9/2014This has become a regular Tuesday stop for me prior to another event. They know I need to be some place else and not only make sure my service is expedited but they do it so comfortably that I never feel in a hurry or anything is sacrificed in quality; service or food. I still get my welcome from all the team here, including the GM. It's always a pleasure to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceGonnagodineDined on 9/7/2014A wonderful evening with good food and attentive service. Music could have been turned down a bit though. Other than that, a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.