Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
301 North Water St
Wilmington, NC 28401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-wilmington.com/
- Phone: 9103431818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 4PM to 10PM. Lounge opens at 3PM daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Jewel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Brynne Kramer - 910.343.1818
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Wilmington is located inside the Hilton Wilmington Riverside Hotel in the heart of historic Downtown Wilmington. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Wilmington steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)scenic view (30)romantic (27)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Have heard much about this restaurant and so planned to treat my wife to a special dinner for her 50th birthday. Meal was outstanding and plentiful even given the high prices in contrast to many other fine restaurants. Best steak I have ever eaten though anywhere. Was not overly excited about the ambience. We had a very nice and cozy booth but honestly, even a place like Longhorn has as much atmosphere. So, would I go again for the food and absolutely superb service? Yes. If I wanted a romantic get away, I would choose others.Special Features:
- A steakhouse that runs out of steakcaleb1876Dined on 8/25/2014No,I am not crazy, 5 stars food, 5 stars forservice, 5 stars for ambience, but 1 star overall- how can that be possible? We went there for our anniversary and had our hearts set on ordering the porterhouse for two, at the very pricey cost of $90, and when I placed the order the waiter, a very nice young man, informed us they had run out of porterhouse steaks. I asked how is this possible and was told they served the last one ten minutes prior, maybe 7pm. I asked to speak to the manager and he came over with an I could care less attitude and reiterated that they had just run out, told us there were alternatives on the menu and walked away, never to be seen or heard from again.Special Features:
- DeliciousyumyumDined on 8/24/2014We have enjoyed several meals at Ruth Chris in Wilmington, NC. Our evening on August 24 did not disappoint. Our server, Gray, was very attentive and personable. The food and wine is very high quality. The filet was delicious. We will return when we visit NC in the future.Special Features:
- What service???EldiablorojoDined on 8/19/2014The absolute worst experience I have ever had at a Ruth Chris. They 2 of 3 orders wrong. Plus they served medium when rare was ordered. It took over an hour to be served after we placed our order. There are too many great restuarants in downtown Wilmington NC to waste your time n money with Ruth Chris
- ExcellentStinsonVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were perfect. The chocolate cake is to die for!Special Features:
- Many better choices for pricepickyeaterDined on 7/30/2014We had often heard glowing reviews for Ruth's Chris and decided to give this one at the beach a try. Our daughter was wearing Rainbows so we were not allowed to enter the main dining room but instead a both was provided in the bar. We were assured both the food and service would be the same. The crab cake appetizer was excellent. I ordered a house rum specialty and found it to be weak with little real fruit. The steak, while good, was not spectacular. I do not like my meat coated in butter. When in Wilmington we often eat at the Chop House which has much better food at the same price point. The service was mediocre, at best. We felt as though we were imposing on our server. We will not return to any restaurants in this chain
- melvin roysterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014I have eaten at several Ruth Chris on many occasions and I must say that this is the worst experience that I have ever had . We were a party of 2 and where we were seated every word spoken by the table to our left and right was loud . when we were ordering the gentleman to our left was making comments back to us as we ordered. on the right was a loud squeaky girl that talked in such a annoying voice that we wanted to be asked to move. I planned dinner there because I thought we could watch the boats and water while we ate. Wrong! I ordered a $120 that was cold when I got it as well as the butter. Both side dishes were over cooked and I even had to ask for ice in my water. Best word to describe our experience was " LOUSEY " !Special Features:
- Birthday celebration.Tom14Dined on 7/10/2014A little disappointed with the food. Not up to the standards of other Ruth's Chris that I have enjoyed. Service was just ok.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceKarenDined on 7/4/2014as always Ruth Chris delivers excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Ruth's Chris is where we go for very special occasions. It is high quality food and service. The wine list is extensive and the servers know the menu front to back. Definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & Veal Chop!GreatSteaks2Dined on 6/24/2014Once again in Wilmington, so naturally the best place downtown for steaks is Ruth's Chris. They never disappoint - from the attentive servers, the panoramic river view, to the great food. The veal t-bone chop and my filet and shrimps were tender and perfectly grilled, and the sides were delicious. Yummy dessert - the bread pudding! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJJ0614Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food, Service was Excellent - staff was friendly and extremely competentSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerGMoneyDined on 6/14/2014Food was amazing and Leslie provided outstanding service.Special Features:
- BlackDined on 6/10/2014Food and service were very good! We were celebrating our son's 21st birthday and they gave us a very nice table. Unfortunately, with the setting sun, the drapes had to be closed, so our nice view went away. Overall, we had another very good experience at a Ruth Chris restaurant. We would definitely recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHappy2DineDined on 5/31/2014This is my husband's favorite steak restaurant so I always take him here for his birthday. They never disappoint! Our waiter recommended the chicken tortellini soup and sweet potato casserole and they were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was outstanding and the staff was very knowledgable about the food and the history of Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to partravelingfoodieDined on 5/25/2014I have been to other Ruths Chris's and this was my least favorite by far. The tacky carpet and outdated curtains, mixed with the orange LED candles and advertisements on the table created a terrible vibe. If I'm paying $50 for a steak, I think they can afford real candles at the tables. We asked for a view but they stuck us in the corner and gave the couple that came in after us a nicer location. The food was great, but not as good as I have previously experienced. No one offered to give me cracked pepper on my salad. The presentation of the food was lacking as well. Plain and unexciting. It wouldn't have hurt to throw some parsley on there. Servers were very friendly and attentive, though they kept trying to sneak in expensive add-ons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Food and service are always above par. Ambiance is good, but not great for price of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!Tmk4710Dined on 5/24/2014We went here for the first time ever to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was a great choice on our part! Very romantic and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner and servicexsspdVIPDined on 5/22/2014Brook and Porschia are the best. Wonderful dinner as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We dined on May17 2014 for our 10 year anniversary. It was everything we expect each time we visit Ruth Chris, however this time the service at this location was top notch. Our waitress was Porcsha. She was professional, friendly and very nice. She was well versed on the menu and made our experience one to remember. She is an asset to your company. The food and atmosphere was great too! Pelase recognize her and your staff for a pleasurable evening. Ryan and Mairim Sultan Wake Forest, NC 240-674-1491Special Features:
- OutstandingPeterDined on 5/15/2014I am from a different country never heard of that place before. I was planning on taking my wife out to a very dinner and I asked one of my coworkers about a nice place around here and he recommended the place for me. I went there with higher expectation and they met it. The waiter his name was jack and he did wonderful. excellent service the food came out the way we asked for it. I liked it a lot. the only thing that I did not like is the location and how hard its to find a parking spot... I figured it out later that they have a valet parking it was too late to find out about if they had included that information on the email it would have been really awesome. FOOD WAS GREAT SERVICE WAS GREAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinner with my wife.luvgdstkDined on 5/12/2014We enjoyed an excellent steak. One of the best we have had. The side dishes were very good, especially the chopped salad and the broiled tomatoes. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or to just enjoy a delicious steak. Quiet atmosphere and it was nice not to be rushed through the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHeathDined on 5/10/2014View, steaks, vino....everything was amazing. Great bar, too.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris hits a homerun!eddieDined on 5/10/2014All restaurants have to offer is good food, good service, and consistency. Ruth's Chris in Wilmington hits a homerun on all three. Most restaurants can't say the same. If any thing, many restaurants fall done on consistency. We'll be back to this restaurant. Ed MeellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner - outstandingFineDinerDined on 5/10/2014As usual, amazing service and food. We love the wilmington NC Ruth Chris restaurant. We try to visit whenever possible. We have tried other locations but can't compare to the Wilmington location. Keep doing what you are doing. Thanks again for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- save your money2badDined on 5/9/2014while server was excellent, 2 meals sent back steak not cooked as ordered, soup was cold, filet mignon did not melt in mouth, 'cooked' shrimp with black grill markings was raw. Very loud, not sure air conditioner was fully functioning- very muggySpecial Features:
- The following 497 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC reviews archive.
- Go if you like steakluvfoodDined on 4/26/2014It's a great place to enjoy a steak dinner and it has a great scenic view but the music and the people it caters to is more older folks. The waiter knew his stuff but he was more like a butler doing a duty than helping customers have a fabulous time. The place was a little bit stiff.Special Features:
- A Great EveningCBeachDined on 4/19/2014We were celebrating our Anniversary of 37 years with friends and the evening was super. The Valet was good, the Receptionist was expecting us, the Bartender was good and the Waiter was Very Good. A wonderful evening with good friends and delicious food. The Waiter carefully explained all of the entrees and the various pairings. Would definitely return again. Thanks Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakFirstTimeVisitorDined on 4/19/2014The best part was the delicious filet! Service was great!Special Features:
- Expensive but Goodriddle1Dined on 4/16/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday and could not have been more pleased with the quality of food. It was very tasty but very rich and I was popping Pepid AC's most of the night. Lots of butter and cream do that to me but do not regret the experience. Because of the prices and richness of the food , I would only eat there on special occasions. Was really disappointed that martinis were so expensive altho the vodkas available were excellent. Again, would not hesitate to go there for special occasions such as my upcoming birthday in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porsche is an excellent waitressttparentDined on 4/13/2014Porsche is an excellent waitress and the food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyDisappointing1Dined on 4/10/2014The Caesar salad tasted like it had bottle-dressing on it. Nothing to suggest it was made in-house. very disappointing. The cocktail I ordered was room-temperature. No sugar-rimmed glass like I used to get at the bar. No garnishment. (No presentation) The tuna appetizer had a very hot-flavored sauce on top of it; and I sent it back to the kitchen. I asked for a replacement at the time the server picked it up, but I did not get another plate until I asked about it..... and IT also had the same sauce on it! My husband ate it. The steak I received was very 'gamey' tasting. I sent it back. Even my husband, who had a great cut of steak, said it tasted foul. It was returned to the kitchen. The replacement did not the quality we expected.Special Features:
- fine dining without a budgetseawulfDined on 4/1/2014Overall, Ruth's Chris Steak House was very good. The prices are high, but the food quality is excellent. The menu is mainly a la carte which drives the prices up a bit. The steak was top notch, the service was prompt, friendly, and helpful. My wife didn't care for the seasoning on the shrimp (she doesn't like blackened seasoning) and the manager was promptly at the table ensuring we were satisfied. Very attentive. The price was the only deterrent to my eating there more often. Two of us having entrees, soup, sharing sides, one cocktail (not for each, just one) and one dessert was just slightly less than $200. But for once in a while it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's @ WilmingtonMarkDined on 3/29/2014Relaxing, quiet, great meal, great service. My wife and I dine here several times a year. We are never disappointed. While we review the menu and the specials we always select the filet. It's a good cut of meat perfectly sized. The garlic green beans were excellent; fresh with just a hint of garlic and butter. My wife prefers creme brûlée and I the bread pudding for dessert. The brûlée is sized right for one. The bread budding could feed two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!jeffDined on 3/28/2014Hands down the best steak I've ever had. I had the ribeye medium rare. That is my favorite cut and doneness but I hardly ever order it because most restaurants fail to cook them properly. I was a little nervous but so glad I did because every bite was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!DinerDined on 3/25/2014The food at Ruth Chris is the best you can experience. This meal was fantastic. The service is perfect. And the location is perfect for Wilmington, NC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steaks! Servicebnm1Dined on 3/21/2014Fantastic steaks! Service and food quality were top notch. Dinning room was busy there was plenty of distractions but a less busy night would be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2014Food and service always top notch. Bar is great for meetings and happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okBrunetteSweetnessDined on 3/20/2014Food is extremely expensive, but also delicious. Wait staff is pretty great. Hostesses however need energy, more pleasant dispositions, and better manners. Noise level was a concern.