Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
301 North Water St
Wilmington, NC 28401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-wilmington.com/
- Phone: 9103431818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 4PM to 10PM. Lounge opens at 3PM daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Jewel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Brooke Carpenter - 910.343.1818
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Wilmington is located inside the Hilton Wilmington Riverside Hotel in the heart of historic Downtown Wilmington. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Wilmington steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (30)scenic view (29)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Our Experience at Ruith's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food was excellent and the service outstanding. Our table overlooking the Cape Fear River was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere to include the mood music. Overall a great evening although very expensive and not something we could do often.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband contacted the restaurant and made reservations for our anniversary. When we arrived, they had a special booth set up for us, complete with rose petals :) It was really beautiful and I cannot say enough about the servers, food and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I eat here once or twice a year at its many different locations. Every time we go, we're more than satisfied. Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. Definitely expensive, but completely worth it. Notable bar selections too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for.SpankysDadDined on 10/2/2014Wife and I had our 27th anniversary here. Made reservation thru Open Table. Asked for a quiet table and told them that it was our anniversary. We got there a little early and was taken to a very nice quiet round booth at the back of the dining room. Our table was sprinkled with rose petals. The food was fabulous and our server JR was top shelf!!! He really cared how we were doing and how the food was. I felt when I left that he was now a friend. We will go back for special other special occasions and I rate this place as 5 Stars!!!!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereTimVDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere along with the great food and service made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudDined on 9/13/2014To much loud music from a party in another room at the hotel the restaurant is in.
- Delicious steak!carolinacyclistDined on 9/13/2014Ruth's Chris' is my go-to spot for special celebrations. The experience is always superb and the food is always delicious. I admit that I always get the filet so I can't comment on the other cuts of meat or fish selections. My filet is always perfectly cooked (rare, please!) and each bite solicits a smile and "mmm" sound. You will ignore your dining partners for at least the first two bites. I am normally very disciplined in my diet and exercise program but Ruth's Chris is worth the splurge. Put in a few extra miles that afternoon, shower up, and then totally enjoy your evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- royb3301Dined on 9/13/2014Easy to make reservations and reminders were appreciated.Special Features:
- Birthday Outingspecialtime70Dined on 9/12/2014I took my mother there for her 70th birthday. Everything was nice. The food was great, the service was great, the ambiance, everything was nice. I really appreciated the waiter bringing her a special dessert since it was her birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I would like to go to Ruth's Chris more often than we do. It's usually excellant across the board but this time the food was just sub-par. I always order the stuffed chicken and it was overcooked this time. ;( This will not stop us from coming back but it was definitely out of the ordinary for the food to be alittle off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love usuallyLizzardhipDined on 9/10/2014Ruth Chris is usually perfect and the same standards every where no matter what state your in. This time it did not live up to what I am accustomed to. The chef seemed to be heavy handed on the seasoning and salt. First we had calamari and it was soggy, seemed to have been dropped in cold oil, and a little on the fishy side,the manager did take it off the bill however. Next was the lobster bisque, the lobster was minced and seemed to be no more then a leg of meat. The bisque was so over powering of wine I felt like I was going to get light headed. Next one of our sides was spinach, no one at the table could eat it due to the salt. We all were disappointed this time at Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Not What I Envisionedelee723Dined on 9/8/2014Waiter that we had was easily sidetracked. Had to have another waiter take care of our bill. Also had to ask the manager to bring our desserts as waiter disappeared after dropping check at table.
- NeneJajieDined on 9/5/2014Our 55th wed. ann. and the combination of ex. food and service by Harrison made the evening outstanding. We highly rec. Ruth's Criss Wilmington,NC. Of course expect to spend "several dollars".Special Features:
- AnniversaryHappyWifeDined on 9/2/2014I took my wife to Ruth Chris for our wedding anniversary. Let me put it this way, my wife is very picky; however, she really enjoyed the food. Our server was outstanding. To see the smile on her face meant everything. The ambiance and food was outstanding. We WILL come back for another meal.Special Features:
- First experienceChezDined on 8/30/2014Have heard much about this restaurant and so planned to treat my wife to a special dinner for her 50th birthday. Meal was outstanding and plentiful even given the high prices in contrast to many other fine restaurants. Best steak I have ever eaten though anywhere. Was not overly excited about the ambience. We had a very nice and cozy booth but honestly, even a place like Longhorn has as much atmosphere. So, would I go again for the food and absolutely superb service? Yes. If I wanted a romantic get away, I would choose others.Special Features:
- A steakhouse that runs out of steakcaleb1876Dined on 8/25/2014No,I am not crazy, 5 stars food, 5 stars forservice, 5 stars for ambience, but 1 star overall- how can that be possible? We went there for our anniversary and had our hearts set on ordering the porterhouse for two, at the very pricey cost of $90, and when I placed the order the waiter, a very nice young man, informed us they had run out of porterhouse steaks. I asked how is this possible and was told they served the last one ten minutes prior, maybe 7pm. I asked to speak to the manager and he came over with an I could care less attitude and reiterated that they had just run out, told us there were alternatives on the menu and walked away, never to be seen or heard from again.Special Features:
- DeliciousyumyumDined on 8/24/2014We have enjoyed several meals at Ruth Chris in Wilmington, NC. Our evening on August 24 did not disappoint. Our server, Gray, was very attentive and personable. The food and wine is very high quality. The filet was delicious. We will return when we visit NC in the future.Special Features:
- What service???EldiablorojoDined on 8/19/2014The absolute worst experience I have ever had at a Ruth Chris. They 2 of 3 orders wrong. Plus they served medium when rare was ordered. It took over an hour to be served after we placed our order. There are too many great restuarants in downtown Wilmington NC to waste your time n money with Ruth Chris
- ExcellentStinsonVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were perfect. The chocolate cake is to die for!Special Features:
- Many better choices for pricepickyeaterVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had often heard glowing reviews for Ruth's Chris and decided to give this one at the beach a try. Our daughter was wearing Rainbows so we were not allowed to enter the main dining room but instead a both was provided in the bar. We were assured both the food and service would be the same. The crab cake appetizer was excellent. I ordered a house rum specialty and found it to be weak with little real fruit. The steak, while good, was not spectacular. I do not like my meat coated in butter. When in Wilmington we often eat at the Chop House which has much better food at the same price point. The service was mediocre, at best. We felt as though we were imposing on our server. We will not return to any restaurants in this chain
- melvin roysterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014I have eaten at several Ruth Chris on many occasions and I must say that this is the worst experience that I have ever had . We were a party of 2 and where we were seated every word spoken by the table to our left and right was loud . when we were ordering the gentleman to our left was making comments back to us as we ordered. on the right was a loud squeaky girl that talked in such a annoying voice that we wanted to be asked to move. I planned dinner there because I thought we could watch the boats and water while we ate. Wrong! I ordered a $120 that was cold when I got it as well as the butter. Both side dishes were over cooked and I even had to ask for ice in my water. Best word to describe our experience was " LOUSEY " !Special Features:
- Birthday celebration.Tom14Dined on 7/10/2014A little disappointed with the food. Not up to the standards of other Ruth's Chris that I have enjoyed. Service was just ok.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceKarenDined on 7/4/2014as always Ruth Chris delivers excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Ruth's Chris is where we go for very special occasions. It is high quality food and service. The wine list is extensive and the servers know the menu front to back. Definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 514 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC reviews archive.
- Great Steak & Veal Chop!GreatSteaks2Dined on 6/24/2014Once again in Wilmington, so naturally the best place downtown for steaks is Ruth's Chris. They never disappoint - from the attentive servers, the panoramic river view, to the great food. The veal t-bone chop and my filet and shrimps were tender and perfectly grilled, and the sides were delicious. Yummy dessert - the bread pudding! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJJ0614Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food, Service was Excellent - staff was friendly and extremely competentSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerGMoneyDined on 6/14/2014Food was amazing and Leslie provided outstanding service.Special Features:
- BlackDined on 6/10/2014Food and service were very good! We were celebrating our son's 21st birthday and they gave us a very nice table. Unfortunately, with the setting sun, the drapes had to be closed, so our nice view went away. Overall, we had another very good experience at a Ruth Chris restaurant. We would definitely recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHappy2DineDined on 5/31/2014This is my husband's favorite steak restaurant so I always take him here for his birthday. They never disappoint! Our waiter recommended the chicken tortellini soup and sweet potato casserole and they were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was outstanding and the staff was very knowledgable about the food and the history of Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to partravelingfoodieDined on 5/25/2014I have been to other Ruths Chris's and this was my least favorite by far. The tacky carpet and outdated curtains, mixed with the orange LED candles and advertisements on the table created a terrible vibe. If I'm paying $50 for a steak, I think they can afford real candles at the tables. We asked for a view but they stuck us in the corner and gave the couple that came in after us a nicer location. The food was great, but not as good as I have previously experienced. No one offered to give me cracked pepper on my salad. The presentation of the food was lacking as well. Plain and unexciting. It wouldn't have hurt to throw some parsley on there. Servers were very friendly and attentive, though they kept trying to sneak in expensive add-ons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Food and service are always above par. Ambiance is good, but not great for price of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!Tmk4710Dined on 5/24/2014We went here for the first time ever to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was a great choice on our part! Very romantic and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner and servicexsspdVIPDined on 5/22/2014Brook and Porschia are the best. Wonderful dinner as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We dined on May17 2014 for our 10 year anniversary. It was everything we expect each time we visit Ruth Chris, however this time the service at this location was top notch. Our waitress was Porcsha. She was professional, friendly and very nice. She was well versed on the menu and made our experience one to remember. She is an asset to your company. The food and atmosphere was great too! Pelase recognize her and your staff for a pleasurable evening. Ryan and Mairim Sultan Wake Forest, NC 240-674-1491Special Features:
- OutstandingPeterDined on 5/15/2014I am from a different country never heard of that place before. I was planning on taking my wife out to a very dinner and I asked one of my coworkers about a nice place around here and he recommended the place for me. I went there with higher expectation and they met it. The waiter his name was jack and he did wonderful. excellent service the food came out the way we asked for it. I liked it a lot. the only thing that I did not like is the location and how hard its to find a parking spot... I figured it out later that they have a valet parking it was too late to find out about if they had included that information on the email it would have been really awesome. FOOD WAS GREAT SERVICE WAS GREAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinner with my wife.luvgdstkDined on 5/12/2014We enjoyed an excellent steak. One of the best we have had. The side dishes were very good, especially the chopped salad and the broiled tomatoes. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or to just enjoy a delicious steak. Quiet atmosphere and it was nice not to be rushed through the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHeathDined on 5/10/2014View, steaks, vino....everything was amazing. Great bar, too.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris hits a homerun!eddieDined on 5/10/2014All restaurants have to offer is good food, good service, and consistency. Ruth's Chris in Wilmington hits a homerun on all three. Most restaurants can't say the same. If any thing, many restaurants fall done on consistency. We'll be back to this restaurant. Ed MeellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner - outstandingFineDinerDined on 5/10/2014As usual, amazing service and food. We love the wilmington NC Ruth Chris restaurant. We try to visit whenever possible. We have tried other locations but can't compare to the Wilmington location. Keep doing what you are doing. Thanks again for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.