Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
301 North Water St
Wilmington, NC 28401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-wilmington.com/
- Phone: (910) 343-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 4PM to 10PM. Lounge opens at 3PM daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Jewel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Brooke Carpenter - 910.343.1818
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Wilmington is located inside the Hilton Wilmington Riverside Hotel in the heart of historic Downtown Wilmington. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Wilmington steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)scenic view (37)romantic (31)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not quite up to parYummyyummyVIPDined on 11/21/2014We've eaten at many Ruth Chris restaurants and while this was not a bad experience, it was certainly sub-par. The restaurant was minimally occupied but the holiday decor was quite festive and lovely. The evening started with being served the incorrect salad. We were lackluster about either salad. The entree, typically the shining star at and R.C. Restaurant was better than average but not the tender, you could cut it with a fork type we have become accustomed to when eating at these restaurants. The dessert was a very nice touch of a turtle cheesecake with a dark chocolate fruit bark which paired nicely. It was very convenient to eat in a restaurant located in our hotel, but perhaps that is why it seems it does not have to put forth an all out effort. I would rethink the opportunity to dine at this particular restaurant in the future.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Lobster had sand in it. Cheese cake had burnt crust, Waitress was very nervous and spilled butter on our guests, she needs a lot of training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average mealcoupon50Dined on 11/7/2014The service was excellent. The server was knowledgeable about the menu ,specials and the wine list. Wine list was great. The steaks were delicious. The Ceasar salad left alot to be desired, the Ceasar salad dressing was very bitter and not good. The mashed potatoes and the creamed spinach was nothing special either. They tasted no better than anything out of the frozen section in the grocery store.Special Features:
- A little under parJuJuDined on 11/6/2014Compared to the Ruth's Chris in Charlotte (both locations), Asheville & Savannah this one was not of the same excellence. Steak was not the quality you expect. Barely enough dressing in cup on the side. No table crumb brush was used. This was the first time at RC for our friends. Enjoy that special touch when paying over $200 for a meal. Overall, good experience, just not great compared to other RC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014The food at Ruth Chris's was good. The service was horrendous. We had to wait too long to get a drink order in, once we got drinks the food came immediately, The course came too fast and the waitress got our drink orders wrong and put the wrong seat assignments on the orders, i.e., we had to swap steaks for correct tenderness. It is Ok to spend that on a meal. I will not go back because of the service.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/25/2014As usual, we had a great dinner! The food is great and the service is impeccable!Special Features:
- yummy!!!cnmorrisDined on 10/24/2014What a great place! if your planning a romantic night out this is your place. it might be a little pricy but the food is well worth it. will be back but only every now and thenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionRuthlessInWinstonSalemVIPDined on 10/23/2014I had one, if not the best, steaks ever. Food and service was outstanding as one would expect from Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Visit This TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We usually eat at RC 2-3 times a year. This year our service was not up to RC standards. Our steaks were not cooked as ordered and it took a really long time for the food to arrive. The waiter blamed it on Restaurant Week. That is a poor excuse they were empty tables and it was not super busy. I felt for the price the dining experience was not as great as usual. Maybe they changed management.
- Value, Not so much!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our 37th anniversary with you because we had never visited your Restuarant before. Though we had a pleasant enough experience overall, we were a little disappointed. First, the food was fine but no where near "that much better" considering the price than some of the other restaurants we frequently go to in Wilmington. We were encouraged to upgrade to family size on the sides, the steak fries was enough for one person, the waiter said the size was equivalent to one potato. The green beans, not very good, we didn't eat them. My steak had to much fat though it tasted good. The service was good but simply put, the "dining experience" in no way justifies costing so much for a "special dinner out".Special Features:
- Our Experience at Ruith's ChrisSouthport25Dined on 10/21/2014The food was excellent and the service outstanding. Our table overlooking the Cape Fear River was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere to include the mood music. Overall a great evening although very expensive and not something we could do often.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband contacted the restaurant and made reservations for our anniversary. When we arrived, they had a special booth set up for us, complete with rose petals :) It was really beautiful and I cannot say enough about the servers, food and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfectGabeDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I eat here once or twice a year at its many different locations. Every time we go, we're more than satisfied. Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. Definitely expensive, but completely worth it. Notable bar selections too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for.SpankysDadDined on 10/2/2014Wife and I had our 27th anniversary here. Made reservation thru Open Table. Asked for a quiet table and told them that it was our anniversary. We got there a little early and was taken to a very nice quiet round booth at the back of the dining room. Our table was sprinkled with rose petals. The food was fabulous and our server JR was top shelf!!! He really cared how we were doing and how the food was. I felt when I left that he was now a friend. We will go back for special other special occasions and I rate this place as 5 Stars!!!!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereTimVDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere along with the great food and service made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudDined on 9/13/2014To much loud music from a party in another room at the hotel the restaurant is in.
- Delicious steak!carolinacyclistDined on 9/13/2014Ruth's Chris' is my go-to spot for special celebrations. The experience is always superb and the food is always delicious. I admit that I always get the filet so I can't comment on the other cuts of meat or fish selections. My filet is always perfectly cooked (rare, please!) and each bite solicits a smile and "mmm" sound. You will ignore your dining partners for at least the first two bites. I am normally very disciplined in my diet and exercise program but Ruth's Chris is worth the splurge. Put in a few extra miles that afternoon, shower up, and then totally enjoy your evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- royb3301Dined on 9/13/2014Easy to make reservations and reminders were appreciated.Special Features:
- Birthday Outingspecialtime70Dined on 9/12/2014I took my mother there for her 70th birthday. Everything was nice. The food was great, the service was great, the ambiance, everything was nice. I really appreciated the waiter bringing her a special dessert since it was her birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I would like to go to Ruth's Chris more often than we do. It's usually excellant across the board but this time the food was just sub-par. I always order the stuffed chicken and it was overcooked this time. ;( This will not stop us from coming back but it was definitely out of the ordinary for the food to be alittle off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love usuallyLizzardhipDined on 9/10/2014Ruth Chris is usually perfect and the same standards every where no matter what state your in. This time it did not live up to what I am accustomed to. The chef seemed to be heavy handed on the seasoning and salt. First we had calamari and it was soggy, seemed to have been dropped in cold oil, and a little on the fishy side,the manager did take it off the bill however. Next was the lobster bisque, the lobster was minced and seemed to be no more then a leg of meat. The bisque was so over powering of wine I felt like I was going to get light headed. Next one of our sides was spinach, no one at the table could eat it due to the salt. We all were disappointed this time at Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Not What I Envisionedelee723Dined on 9/8/2014Waiter that we had was easily sidetracked. Had to have another waiter take care of our bill. Also had to ask the manager to bring our desserts as waiter disappeared after dropping check at table.
- NeneJajieDined on 9/5/2014Our 55th wed. ann. and the combination of ex. food and service by Harrison made the evening outstanding. We highly rec. Ruth's Criss Wilmington,NC. Of course expect to spend "several dollars".Special Features:
- AnniversaryHappyWifeDined on 9/2/2014I took my wife to Ruth Chris for our wedding anniversary. Let me put it this way, my wife is very picky; however, she really enjoyed the food. Our server was outstanding. To see the smile on her face meant everything. The ambiance and food was outstanding. We WILL come back for another meal.Special Features:
- First experienceChezDined on 8/30/2014Have heard much about this restaurant and so planned to treat my wife to a special dinner for her 50th birthday. Meal was outstanding and plentiful even given the high prices in contrast to many other fine restaurants. Best steak I have ever eaten though anywhere. Was not overly excited about the ambience. We had a very nice and cozy booth but honestly, even a place like Longhorn has as much atmosphere. So, would I go again for the food and absolutely superb service? Yes. If I wanted a romantic get away, I would choose others.Special Features:
- A steakhouse that runs out of steakcaleb1876Dined on 8/25/2014No,I am not crazy, 5 stars food, 5 stars forservice, 5 stars for ambience, but 1 star overall- how can that be possible? We went there for our anniversary and had our hearts set on ordering the porterhouse for two, at the very pricey cost of $90, and when I placed the order the waiter, a very nice young man, informed us they had run out of porterhouse steaks. I asked how is this possible and was told they served the last one ten minutes prior, maybe 7pm. I asked to speak to the manager and he came over with an I could care less attitude and reiterated that they had just run out, told us there were alternatives on the menu and walked away, never to be seen or heard from again.Special Features:
- DeliciousyumyumDined on 8/24/2014We have enjoyed several meals at Ruth Chris in Wilmington, NC. Our evening on August 24 did not disappoint. Our server, Gray, was very attentive and personable. The food and wine is very high quality. The filet was delicious. We will return when we visit NC in the future.Special Features:
- What service???EldiablorojoDined on 8/19/2014The absolute worst experience I have ever had at a Ruth Chris. They 2 of 3 orders wrong. Plus they served medium when rare was ordered. It took over an hour to be served after we placed our order. There are too many great restuarants in downtown Wilmington NC to waste your time n money with Ruth Chris
- ExcellentStinsonVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were perfect. The chocolate cake is to die for!Special Features:
- Many better choices for pricepickyeaterVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had often heard glowing reviews for Ruth's Chris and decided to give this one at the beach a try. Our daughter was wearing Rainbows so we were not allowed to enter the main dining room but instead a both was provided in the bar. We were assured both the food and service would be the same. The crab cake appetizer was excellent. I ordered a house rum specialty and found it to be weak with little real fruit. The steak, while good, was not spectacular. I do not like my meat coated in butter. When in Wilmington we often eat at the Chop House which has much better food at the same price point. The service was mediocre, at best. We felt as though we were imposing on our server. We will not return to any restaurants in this chain
- The following 518 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wilmington, NC reviews archive.
- melvin roysterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014I have eaten at several Ruth Chris on many occasions and I must say that this is the worst experience that I have ever had . We were a party of 2 and where we were seated every word spoken by the table to our left and right was loud . when we were ordering the gentleman to our left was making comments back to us as we ordered. on the right was a loud squeaky girl that talked in such a annoying voice that we wanted to be asked to move. I planned dinner there because I thought we could watch the boats and water while we ate. Wrong! I ordered a $120 that was cold when I got it as well as the butter. Both side dishes were over cooked and I even had to ask for ice in my water. Best word to describe our experience was " LOUSEY " !Special Features:
- Birthday celebration.Tom14Dined on 7/10/2014A little disappointed with the food. Not up to the standards of other Ruth's Chris that I have enjoyed. Service was just ok.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceKarenDined on 7/4/2014as always Ruth Chris delivers excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Ruth's Chris is where we go for very special occasions. It is high quality food and service. The wine list is extensive and the servers know the menu front to back. Definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & Veal Chop!GreatSteaks2Dined on 6/24/2014Once again in Wilmington, so naturally the best place downtown for steaks is Ruth's Chris. They never disappoint - from the attentive servers, the panoramic river view, to the great food. The veal t-bone chop and my filet and shrimps were tender and perfectly grilled, and the sides were delicious. Yummy dessert - the bread pudding! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJJ0614Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food, Service was Excellent - staff was friendly and extremely competentSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerGMoneyDined on 6/14/2014Food was amazing and Leslie provided outstanding service.Special Features:
- BlackDined on 6/10/2014Food and service were very good! We were celebrating our son's 21st birthday and they gave us a very nice table. Unfortunately, with the setting sun, the drapes had to be closed, so our nice view went away. Overall, we had another very good experience at a Ruth Chris restaurant. We would definitely recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHappy2DineDined on 5/31/2014This is my husband's favorite steak restaurant so I always take him here for his birthday. They never disappoint! Our waiter recommended the chicken tortellini soup and sweet potato casserole and they were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was outstanding and the staff was very knowledgable about the food and the history of Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.