Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
670 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3843/Tarrytown/Westchester
- Phone: 9146313311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dwight King
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Tarrytown, NY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Westchester offers 3 private rooms accommodating up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Netrosio 8775786132
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tarrytown, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester - Best Restaurants in Tarrytown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (32)romantic (27)good for groups (25)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I'm not usually a fan of large chain steakhouse's but our meal at this Ruth's Chris in Westchester was spot on. The food was excellent and the desserts were awesome. Highly recommendedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicehokegerDined on 8/26/2014Had a large party of 16 (including some finicky kids) and the staff handled it extremely well. Very accommodating. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceFranPDined on 8/24/2014Food was good although steaks were a bit over cooked given the description and based on prior experience. My med rare was at best medium and my husband's medium well was well done. When the manager later asked about our steaks I advised him that they were over cooked. (Guess they stopped the practice of waiting when serving to ensure that you cut the steak and approve of degree of cooking.) Since I did not want to wait to send my steak back at that point he was nice enough to comp my desert. I had a yummy cheesecake which was definitely large enough to share. Service was good. However, the plate under the butter dish had caked on food and I needed to have it changed. Not one of our best experiences at this Ruth Chris but overall okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in westchesterjamjamDined on 8/23/2014I've tried most of the steak houses around white plains and this was the best by far. Perfectly cooked and seasoned steak. Pricey but excellent. Great service and fun atmosphere without being too loud or too fussy. Fries are amazing. Iceberg wedge and crabtini appetizer both excellent. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightSalesGuyVIPDined on 8/21/2014I normally bring clients to Ruth's Chris Westchester, but this time my wife and I enjoyed ourselves and had a great meal on Friday...We didn't hold back! We indulged with two orders of the spicy lobster tempura which was amazing, had lobster bisque, salads, and each of us had the 16oz bone in filet with creamed spinach and boiled tomatoes for our sides. Pair that up with the Migration Pinot Noir, and we were in our own, delicious world. We could tell that each course was crafted with so much care and our server, Joe, was an absolute pleasure. The meat was cooked perfectly, who was no surprise. There are many dining options in Westchester, but when it comes to consistsntly exceeding expectations, Ruth's Chris always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt neglected =(SerdougDined on 8/18/2014We've gone to Ruths' Chris for our anniversary for the past several years. Normally, they make it a special occasion. This time, nothing. My husband mentioned it was our 23rd anniversary to our waiter, and he smiled, but said nothing. Only two seats away, another couple had rose petals all over their table, and got well wishes from the manager. Again, nothing for us. Our waiter was OK. He did just what he needed to, and nothing more. It's not the service we've come to expect from Ruths' Chris. And, for the first time in more than a dozen visits, I wasn't that thrilled with my filet mignon either. It was overcooked. Fortunately, the sweet potato casserole never disappoints! Still, I think we'll be going somewhere else next year to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!DobbsDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014This place is a sure thing. Fantastic steak, wonderful service and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. Our waiter Joe was friendly, funny, professional and always there when we needed him. The wine he recommended was delicious! Its one of the few places the whole family can agree on. But it is very rich food and its not inexpensive so we save it for birthdays and reunions.Special Features:
- Food Good/Service FairRonalesVIPDined on 8/16/2014Complete dinners were good choice and three out of four of us selected from that menu. Good value. My salmon was delicious, prepared as I had requested-medium rare, no spice, veggies steamed, no spice. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. The waitor was not around when we needed him and had to request another waiter to please call our waiter. All in all, a very nice evening out.
- ExcellentfinedinerDined on 8/7/2014Great food n service. Try the sweet potatoe casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationalycalDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House could not have made my night any better. The food was delish!! Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was excellent. Our table was appropriately decorated for the occasion with Happy Birthday confetti. The Hostess took a family picture and presented it to us at our table before we left. Great time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food delicious, however....luncheswithfriendsVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food is always delicious although it is quite pricey. Dinner for 2 with No drinks was $200.Special Features:
- Excellent.pg60Dined on 7/25/2014Food and service were very good. It is always a pleasure to receive your food hot from the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SteakhouseNYCChitownFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Nice steakhouse, despite being a chain. The service is usually great, but it depends on the wait staff that day. Portions are generous and the food is tasty. The crabcakes are perfect. Food here is seasoned much better than some of the competitor chains. The dinner combo prix fixe is a good deal, appetizer, sides, entree and desert usually under $50. Ala carte is quite pricey. Desserts are just ok, but you won't have room anyway. There aren't really any great tables because of the location in a hotel surrounded by a parking lot, but they do try to create a nice ambiance despite the limitations. It's a quiet ambiance and small chilren are rarely present. It's good for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSalesGuyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Ruths Chris Westchester never disappoints. I go to other steakhouses in the area (BLT, Benjamins, etc...) and they have let me down with sub par service, small portions, and steaks that are (sometimes) not cooked to my liking. I frequent Ruths Chris when I take customers to dinner, and we are always satisfied.Special Features:
- AnniversaryBethDined on 7/6/2014This is my husband's favorite restaurant for special occasion meals. The service and food are excellent. The manager visited the table and quickly made a small change in plate size. We had questioned why the meat portion was served on a small plate which we had not seen before. The manager personally brought a bigger plate to the table.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerGoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014Ruth Chris has stepped there game up we had an excellent dinner the service was great.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRoseDined on 7/4/2014It was our first time at a Ruth's Chris. Our dinner was delicious, Side dishes are large enough to share which made it fun to try several different ones. The desserts were HUGE and all 4 of them were delicious!
- Typical GoodnessTedMVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great steaks. But my wife's chicken was a bit salty!
- Wonderful placeOutallthetimeVIPDined on 7/1/2014This place was very busy and yet everything was timed perfectly. The porterhouse is by far one of the best cuts they have. The service is friendly and professional. I do have my favorites....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Food is always good here, never a bad experience. Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good, will not be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Crabtini very good, crab cakes mostly filler, not good. Lamb tasteless, steak mediocre. Spinach overdone. Second margarita undrinkable and unidentifiable. Server said different bartender, would go to the original one and got it replaced with another good one. Is there not a standard preparation for any type of drink? My cynical self wondered if there's a standard practice of palming off an inferior (cheaper ingredients?) drink the second time around, thinking the customer would not notice. We've been to Ruths Chris in several cities, found this one distinctly inferior to the others. I made no recommendations.
- tangoVIPDined on 6/17/2014Had the 53.95 special, lobster tail and filet mignon. Terriffic meal. Salad was excellent, main course with plentiful vegetables, the same. creamed spinach and mashed potatos. One bad note. the dessert was a disaster. Fake rum flavor, skimpy portion for 2, unappetizing, to say the least. Some kind of bread pudding. The only dessert we were allowed on the special. rest of meal, superb
- Consistently greatSerdougDined on 6/15/2014As usual, the food was delicious. Filet mignon was cooked perfectly, and sweet potato casserole was heavenly as always.Special Features:
- Amazing steak and salmon!LizeDined on 6/15/2014The steak and salmon was simply amazing! My dad complains every where we go, he is very picky about food, but here, he walked away content! And if you have kids, the mac and cheese is divine!Special Features:
- Terrible TimeBADTIMEDined on 6/14/2014I went to the Ruth's Chris Steak House in Westchester after hearing such nice things about it. Well...I was totally disappointed. It is in a hotel and there was a party next store. The entire dinner, all I heard was the thumping of the bass of the music. This was extremely distracting and annoying. The bathroom (men's) was dirty, with paper towels all over the floor. I went back about an hour later, and nothing was cleaned. A lady kept walking around the room taking notes and looking at people's tables. I thought this to be kinda creepy. The steak I received was so-so. Again, another disappointment. The prices were extremely high, but the nothing warranted them charging this much. They are living on an old reputation.
- Not Worth It...lizzygirl1234VIPDined on 6/14/2014my friend and I were quite disappointed with the food and service at R.C. The salad was tasteless and my steak was boring and possibly overcooked. The prices are outrageous. For 2 people with salad and main meal and 2 glasses of wine the bill was $150!!! I don't know why people flock to this place. We were placed at a table next to the kitchen and it was quite loud behind us with the staff talking non-stop and clearing up dishes behind my head. They knew we reserved on Opentable so you would think they would have seated us at a better table, which they easily could have as our reservation was 5:15pm. Our waiter was not readily available throughout our 1 hour dinner and our bill included items we never ordered. Not going back.
- Outstanding again!robyn83Dined on 6/11/2014There is no better steak than here! We love this place! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably good.PaulDined on 6/11/2014Ruth's Chris always does it right. The menu is the same in every restaurant they have. The quality control is excellent. I always start off with a Ceasar salad but opted for the BLT salad for a change. I always have the filet which was great. The sides are all very good. The wine list is pretty good but the wines are all young and expensive.Special Features:
- Quality Cuisine, Fine ServiceMamaDined on 6/8/2014I will only eat steak at two or three steakhouses that I know of, Ruth's Chris being one. I seem to only like steak when it's high quality! The food here is excellent. We had a toddler with us and they were very pleasant, although it's a "nicer" atmosphere. They have a children's menu, too, and very reasonably priced. The service was outstanding. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousluncheswithfriendsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food is excellent, however it is quite expensive. They do have prix fixe specials, unfortunately, you cannot get the combo you really want and need to revert to the regular menu.Special Features:
- Very accommodating and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014I took my son to dinner for his 13th birthday. I phoned ahead and told the staff of the occasion and they greeted us with a warm welcome and birthday wishes. They decorated our table and sent root beer upon our seating. They made my son feel like a VIP and I was extremely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruith's CrisKPK1Dined on 6/3/2014Great bone-in filet. Great service. Expensive but worth it. Atmosphere OK. Not a romantic spot but great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014First time at this location but not impressed. Steak was just average, nothing to return for. The sides were adequate, again, nothing special. Not sure I would return as I find other steak places offer a better choice.
- Aunt Chris's Birthday Was WonderfuldrummerswifeDined on 5/23/2014As per usual, we dined at Ruth's Chris Tarrytown for a special occasion. We are NEVER disappointed with our food or service. The temp of the food is accurate & the flavor is consistently outstanding. A rare treat was that we actually arrived during Happy Hour. We were able to enjoy phenomenal and heavily discounted cosmopolitans & pomegranate martinis while waiting for the rest of our party to arrive. Our orders were perfectly created & as requested- inclusive of every minor addition/subtraction of ingredients. Our server was professional & had a wonderfully inviting aura & sense of humor. My aunt adored the Happy Birthday Confetti & the hand crafted dessert plate at the end of her meal. Thank you so much for making it an AMAZING Birthday!!Special Features:
- DelicioussuzigDined on 5/22/2014Great food and service. The porterhouse was cooked to perfection. Such a great taste. The staff was kind and on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food4thoughtDined on 5/18/2014Service was excellent and food was good. The ambiance was typical steakhouse. They had a large wine list.Special Features:
- mauriceDined on 5/17/2014My first mistake was to go on Valentine's Day. Never again. I will cook a special meal at home. Decided to give it a second shot. Slow service, long waits between courses, no ice bucket for our wine. For what I paid to eat at a "chain" I can get a better meal and better service at X2O or Jake's Steakhouse.
- mother's day mayhem...KikiMDined on 5/11/2014took 3 hours to serve dinner... that's ridiculously long!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Brought my mother and grandmother to this restaurant for Mother's Day. We waited one hour for appetizers, one hour for entrees, and another 40 minutes for desert. The wait time for food was horrible. Other diners were complaining as well. The manager did apologize and give us desert on the house. Not the best choice of restaurant for a holiday/popular dining day.
- Disasterous Dinner - Never AgainEatoutalotVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ruth Chris's manager put profits over dinners experience as they overbooked on Mothers Day. They had too few staff, the kitchen was so backed up, and everyone was running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Appetizer order was messed up. My $52 steak came out and was half grizzle; could get a better steak at a supermarket. They charge NYC or Fine Steak place prices like BLT or Willet House but not even close to being in same league. Had to leave table to talk to Manager John, said Yes, getting a lot of complaints tonight and was aware of it. That was his answer, Yes, I know there are a lot of unhappy patrons here. Wonderful. WILL NEVER DINE AT RUTH'S CHRIS AGAIN. It is a cut above Outback, but at double or triple the cost.