Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
670 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3843/Tarrytown/Westchester
- Phone: (914) 631-3311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dwight King
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Tarrytown, NY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Westchester offers 3 private rooms accommodating up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Netrosio 8775786132
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tarrytown, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester - Best Restaurants in Tarrytown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (53)notable wine list (46)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Steak but Hostess could improveAdamsVIPDined on 11/21/2014Love Ruth Chris restaurant but always find hostess less than accommodating whether restaurant is busy or not. This is the rule the last 6 times we have been there. Does put a damper on the evening for us. Otherwise we find other staff great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thinkgrow03Dined on 11/21/2014been to Ruth Chris on many occasions however last 2 visits were not the norm.... we had the calamari appetizer which was good ... salads were good Cesar and Ruths chop salad .... main course wife had filet good .... I had NY strip on bone ( a special ) very tough to cut and eat surprised considering what they charge for it ..... sides of mash potato tasted like instant and creme spinach no taste very soupy ...Boston market sides taste better..... maybe chef took off ? ... took dessert to go chocolate lava cake cant confirm but by the looks of it bought frozen was instructed to warm it up at home ...nice take out bag though... usually order wine by glass since my wife does not drink had 3 glasses instead of my usual 2 ....it appears they cut back on the portions ... i though about in my mind and a possible confirmation was a couple next table over complained to waiter and refused to order another glass because of portion control..... Waiter was friendly
- ShannonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My husband and I are frequent visitors at Ruth's Chris. The happy hour is fabulous! The food and service are usually excellent with the exception of our last visit. I ordered my steak medium, and it was served very well done. I never send food back, but the filet was very dry. The waiter was great, and returned with a new steak within 5 minutes. This time my steak was served very medium rare. I opted not to send it back so that I could enjoy dinner with my husband. I ate the outside edge, but the center was too rare. This is not the norm for your establishment, but was a disappointing way to celebrate my anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekStarvingSaraVIPDined on 11/13/2014The steak was tasty but be a lunch size. That was fine with me but you can't go for Restaurant Week lunch and expect a big steak. The sides were good (garlic mashed and creamed spinach).I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodnewrlDined on 11/11/2014we went for restaurant week and had the special. The food was delicious and service was outstanding, even though we just had the special. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRuthyDined on 11/11/2014The food was excellent. The wine portion was small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1sweetthingDined on 11/10/2014Food is good, sturdy stick-to-the ribs fare. It's a little on the salty side for me, but flavor is good. Creamed spinach is very tasty, as is the lobster mac and cheese. Wouldn't say the flavors are too subtle or nuanced, but the filet mignon was a beautiful piece of meat cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!DanielleDined on 11/10/2014We had a great time!! The food was great as was the service. We went during Restaurant Week and had a great time.Special Features:
- service DissapointmentverypleasednfDined on 11/10/2014Dissappointed Our waiter was Chris took our order and nener came back had to get one of the staff to order a drink the busboys were more attentive We eat out 5 days a week and never had this experience This restaurant left a lot to be desired
- Food and Service always very goodluv2eatDined on 11/10/2014we went for Restaurant week and would have liked more selections for appetizer and dessert, but we did enjoy everything we had.Special Features:
- A nice experiencOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014If you want a nice place to go with good food, service and atmosphere, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite mealTime2dineDined on 11/9/2014Everything was great. Reservation honored on-time, service was prompt and attentive. Wine was reasonably proced and of course - the steaks were cooked to perfection. Can't wait to return - and also try Ruth's in some other cities!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentluv2dineandtravelDined on 11/9/2014We always look forward to our evenings to Ruth Chris and we are never disappointed! The food is always delicious and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Great food horrible hostessFoodmongerDined on 11/7/2014The hostess was extremely rude and terrible at staying organized. Groups of people would get seated completely ignoring reservation times. Waited 45 minutes to be seated. She was rude to the point I do not think I will be visiting the tarrytown location ever againSpecial Features:
- What good is having a reservationGracieLouDined on 11/7/2014Made a reservation for 5 at Ruth Chris' on line. I received my confirmation and also received a phone call confirming my reservation the day of the dinner. My party of 5 arrived on time - 15 mins early and yet they were an hour late seating us. It appeared to us that the women at the desked were confused/over whelmed. Once we were seated the rest of the night was wonderful. Our waiter was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualJandADined on 11/7/2014This is an outstanding steak house. Regrettably it was restaurant week - hence a very crowded and noisy restaurant. One pleasant surprise was that they finally provided valet parking. It can be extremely difficult to find a parking space there, so that was much appreciated. Regarding the food, the Chilean sea bass was spicy - something that some diners might not like. This is nit picking, but their entree plates could be larger - more like the size of their desert plates. Plus, their side dishes of fries and their deserts could be smaller so as to minimize food that has to be thrown out.Special Features:
- mediocregemmaVIPDined on 11/7/2014very disappointing! The food was Ok. gave what they promised but not an iota more. Only one dessert and it was meager and not particularly tasty. The service was abominable. The waiters acted as though they were surprised that we expected to be served.If participating in restaurant week was supposed to encourage diners,it had the opposite effect on us. I would choose to go to almost any other steakhouse.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRRedDined on 11/6/2014The first time I brought my daughter to Ruth's Chris (during Restauramt Week), she asked me if steak was supposed to melt in her mouth like her filet did. We have since dined there several times, and have always had the same reaction!Special Features:
- A pleasurable eveningFoodie4uVIPDined on 11/6/2014We ate at Ruth Chris on November 6th and as usual, the NY Strip was tasty, juicy, and well seasoned. The surprise for me was the lobster tails. They were outstanding, cooked perfectly and amazingly tender. The appetizers of Lobster Bisque and New Orleans shrimp were also excellent. The wine list offers a variety in any price range and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatouttoomuchDined on 11/6/2014Ruth Chris continues to be consistent in serving fine food, prepared to your desires. Great choices and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRobbieDined on 11/5/2014We love going to Ruth's Chris. My husband loves the filet mignon and I love the stuffed chicken. The service, from the ladies at the front desk to everyone in the dining room is terrific. Even though it is a large dining area and is completely filled, you can speak to each other in a normal voice and hear what the person is saying. Overall a great place to have a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Delicious, as usualLINKVIPDined on 11/5/2014The quality of the steak was excellent and it was cooked to perfection. The menu is ala carte. We ordered asparagus with a hollandaise sauce and fries as well as sharing a Caesar salad. Everything was cooked perfectly. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeMDined on 11/3/2014Food was great- service a bit slow- a little to much smaltch by the waiter fory tasteI would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsRDined on 11/3/2014Great food. Steak melted in your mouth. Loved the garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Service was outstanding, very friendly and attentive. Would def go back and recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCS126Dined on 11/3/2014I am 34 year old woman. My mom was visiting Westchester to see her 2-year granddaughter and the dinner was before her leaving. The restaurant made us wonderful time to talk, enjoy great food and dessert. Especially the service was just outstanding! (Our server was James) We were so much satisfied and happy when we came out of the restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - Lunch GemGem2dineDined on 11/3/2014Since this restaurant is normally not open at lunch time, this was my first dining experience and it was absolutely fabulous. The wait staff was very attentive without being pushy, the wine was crisp though very pricey and the steak was melt in your mouth yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience Bravosquilly34Dined on 10/29/2014The food, every course, was amazing. The soup, the lobster bisque, salad, the blue cheese wedge and appetizer, the incomparable ahi tuna hook blew me away. The entree, specifically the succulent 16 oz rib eye steak, was an impeccable cut prepared to perfection and was presented as a work of art. My tastebuds came alive and erupted with each tender morsal. It is always a dining pleasure, every time! The house Malbec was remarkable, both glasses and desert, the chocolate raspberry cheesecake was delicious. You can never go wrong choosing Ruth'Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess? Needs Some HelpLukeVIPDined on 10/26/2014We had a long wait for an empty reserved table. Meal was very slow (beyond relaxed) in being delivered to us. Of course the steaks were nicely done as is usual for a Ruth's Chris. Sides were similar to Boston Market Fair.
- Nice neighborhood steak restaurantcityslickerDined on 10/25/2014Went here for a bday. Put a special note mentioning the bday and they put bday confetti on the table which was a nice touch. However, it would have been nice if they had put a candle on the dessert we ordered. Overall, was good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKs4nyDined on 10/18/2014Ordered 4 steaks, had to send 2 back. No towels or hand dryer in men's room.
- Waiter good but!MikeMDined on 10/13/2014The food was absolutely great. The temperature was a bit cold so the waiter comped us some hot drinks. The only thing that was annoying was the waiter was a little over bearing, pushing appetizers-drinks and desserts. I felt it was to build up his tip. But he gave good service and food was great.Special Features:
- ExcellentLAURA14VIPDined on 10/10/2014We went Friday night to celebrate my husband's birthday. The service was extremely accommodating, the food all excellent. I had not been there for years and don't remember being at all impressed the last time. This time it was great! Of course the price goes with it, but if you are going to end that much, at least we got what we paid for!Special Features:
- PerfectSharonaDined on 10/7/2014Great good, great service, nice ambiance. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014Everything was perfect. Our food was cooked perfectly. And to top it all off our server Mike was on point, hats off to him and Ruth Chris!Special Features:
- Marginal ServicesteakmanDined on 10/4/2014We have been there several times. The steaks are great...always flavorful and served at the right temperature. The lobster tail is another story. It is often rubbery. Would not recommend. The service is usually impeccable. This time it wasn't. The waiter wasn't knowledgeable about gluten free items and didn't seem very concerned! Very big big deal for people with gluten allergies and celiac disease. Any gluten in the preparation can cause a severe reaction. In the past, the waiters have seemed more in tune. Also, we had barely finished our appetizers when the main course arrived. When our coffee and dessert was served, the waiter immediately brought us the check. Felt rushed. Not the usual service I expect at those prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatluvtoeatDined on 9/29/2014I brought my fiance here for his birthday. They gave us a great table and decorated it with "birthday confetti" I thought it was a nice touch to make dinner a little more special. He had the cowboy rib-eye and it was delicious. He usually doesn't eat red meat but made an exception for Ruth Chris and wasn't disappointed. I had the crab-cakes they were a little dry but overall pretty good. Love the sweet-potato casserole, can't be beat!!Special Features:
- Customer service like it should beMorganVIPDined on 9/20/2014So, the food was good- as it always is. Ribeye was great- flavorful, tender, marbleized and no big fat chunks. Filet- perfect. Sides- terrific. What made the meal was a combination of my absent-mindedness and Jon, the manager's commitment to providing exceptional service. I left an expensive money clip at the restaurant, which fell on the floor. I made what I thought would be a futile call to see if it was still there, and not only did he see it, but he called me, told me the next group had been seated, waited until they finished, grabbed it, and mailed it back to me. It was something that could have easily made it in to someone else's pocket, but he made sure it came back to my pocket. Really good commitment to customer service.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerNYTiderDined on 9/20/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for my wife's birthday. She picked it because she had never been, and I had raved about the one time I had been to another location. This was just as good as my previous experience, and it left a very favorable impression on our entire party of four. The steaks were excellent. The sides were outstanding. The drinks were very good, and the service was courteous and professional. They also honored the request I made in booking the reservation by decorating a table for us in a great location and providing birthday desert service for my wife. I had given her name in the reservation, and they called her by name for a birthday wish. Great experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LloydDined on 9/20/2014Food & Service is outstanding. My wife and I had an amazing date night. Thank you Ruth's Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableBernieVIPDined on 9/16/2014The title here is not a negative. Ruth's Chris is one of those places you can go and count on a superb dinner every time, albeit from a traditional steakhouse menu that is unchanged forever. That is actually a very good thing. We often explore new and innovative cuisine that is available in NYC, but at the end of a long day when you've just had enough, the high quality food and service one can count on here trumps innovations that may still be twitching on ones plate when served.Special Features: