Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
670 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3843/Tarrytown/Westchester
- Phone: 9146313311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dwight King
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Tarrytown, NY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Westchester offers 3 private rooms accommodating up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Netrosio 8775786132
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tarrytown, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Westchester reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (27)notable wine list (27)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OKs4nyDined on 10/18/2014Ordered 4 steaks, had to send 2 back. No towels or hand dryer in men's room.
- Waiter good but!MikeMDined on 10/13/2014The food was absolutely great. The temperature was a bit cold so the waiter comped us some hot drinks. The only thing that was annoying was the waiter was a little over bearing, pushing appetizers-drinks and desserts. I felt it was to build up his tip. But he gave good service and food was great.Special Features:
- ExcellentLAURA14VIPDined on 10/10/2014We went Friday night to celebrate my husband's birthday. The service was extremely accommodating, the food all excellent. I had not been there for years and don't remember being at all impressed the last time. This time it was great! Of course the price goes with it, but if you are going to end that much, at least we got what we paid for!Special Features:
- PerfectSharonaDined on 10/7/2014Great good, great service, nice ambiance. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014Everything was perfect. Our food was cooked perfectly. And to top it all off our server Mike was on point, hats off to him and Ruth Chris!Special Features:
- Marginal ServicesteakmanDined on 10/4/2014We have been there several times. The steaks are great...always flavorful and served at the right temperature. The lobster tail is another story. It is often rubbery. Would not recommend. The service is usually impeccable. This time it wasn't. The waiter wasn't knowledgeable about gluten free items and didn't seem very concerned! Very big big deal for people with gluten allergies and celiac disease. Any gluten in the preparation can cause a severe reaction. In the past, the waiters have seemed more in tune. Also, we had barely finished our appetizers when the main course arrived. When our coffee and dessert was served, the waiter immediately brought us the check. Felt rushed. Not the usual service I expect at those prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatluvtoeatDined on 9/29/2014I brought my fiance here for his birthday. They gave us a great table and decorated it with "birthday confetti" I thought it was a nice touch to make dinner a little more special. He had the cowboy rib-eye and it was delicious. He usually doesn't eat red meat but made an exception for Ruth Chris and wasn't disappointed. I had the crab-cakes they were a little dry but overall pretty good. Love the sweet-potato casserole, can't be beat!!Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday DinnerNYTiderDined on 9/20/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for my wife's birthday. She picked it because she had never been, and I had raved about the one time I had been to another location. This was just as good as my previous experience, and it left a very favorable impression on our entire party of four. The steaks were excellent. The sides were outstanding. The drinks were very good, and the service was courteous and professional. They also honored the request I made in booking the reservation by decorating a table for us in a great location and providing birthday desert service for my wife. I had given her name in the reservation, and they called her by name for a birthday wish. Great experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LloydDined on 9/20/2014Food & Service is outstanding. My wife and I had an amazing date night. Thank you Ruth's Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableBernieVIPDined on 9/16/2014The title here is not a negative. Ruth's Chris is one of those places you can go and count on a superb dinner every time, albeit from a traditional steakhouse menu that is unchanged forever. That is actually a very good thing. We often explore new and innovative cuisine that is available in NYC, but at the end of a long day when you've just had enough, the high quality food and service one can count on here trumps innovations that may still be twitching on ones plate when served.Special Features:
- Awesome Steaks and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014It might not seem like much but the steak coming out on a hot plate makes a difference. It allows you to order a steak a little rarer than you might ordinarily but you can take your time eating it as the plate continues to bring up the temp and keep the steak hot throughout the entire meal. The waiter (Joe) was great. Good personality and extremely attentive.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Fun, Bad ServiceRyanDined on 9/13/2014I have been twice now, we celebrated my girlfriends birthday there, waiter was very friendly but forgot about us at least 3 times because he had a big table of 9 next to us. Food and wine were great both times, service was good the first time, but the waiter needs to pay attention to a table of 2 the same he would a table of 9. That should not be our fault, and we did not have dessert because he took so long to see us after we had finished the entree that we did not want it anymore. Took over 2 hours for 2 people to eat a 2 course meal and have one glass of wine. He was very friendly and kind, but the service the first time we went was 10 times better. For the prices customers have to pay here the service should be much better.Special Features:
- My Favorite Steak HouseKevinDined on 9/12/2014I've been going to this Ruth's Chris for the past 8+ years. The food is amazing, best steak in the area! For their sides I would recommend the Potatoes Au Gratin or the Sweet Potato Casserole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakSuueDined on 9/10/2014Every time I go the steak is cooked to perfection, very flavorful and sizzling hot. The rest of the meal is just as good, and the wait staff know how to make the experience even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatTrueManVIPDined on 9/6/2014I found the service and the food to be good but the ambience was just fair. Although I would not go rushing back there I would not complain if somebody took me for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steaks. Great service.UNKNOWNDined on 9/5/2014Fabulous steaks. Love their cream spinach recipe. Great service and attention to detail. Kid friendly atmosphere. Bar jam packed with business men and women on a Friday evening. In Marriott Hotel's vicinity.Special Features:
- Great food / make sure theyPhilBGirthVIPDined on 9/3/2014check you in with open table.com as they said they did, then I found out that they didn'tSpecial Features:
- Steak HeavenMichelleDined on 8/31/2014Everyone knows that Ruth's Chris is known for their steak choices. Besides that we ordered the lobster mac and cheese. The large side dish was plenty for both of us to enjoy. The creamed spinach, while a staple at the Steakhouses all over, was smooth and very tasty. It was a great choice to combine with the steaks we ordered. While the prices are high for a lone steak on a plate, the food was good. The restaurant was quite crowded and I am sure that some of the people were regulars. Our server, Manny, was professional and extremely attentive. He knew the menu and was able to make recommendations.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!Ivy951Dined on 8/31/2014I was hesitant, only because I'd heard some complaints about the service. I knew going in, that the meal would not be cheap but as a culinary grad, I know good food is worth it. No disappointment here. It was my daughter's 19th b-day, and our waiter (Don) delighted her with a special treat that she shared with her little brother. Our 6yr old was treated like a person by Don and not like a baby. We appreciated that!! We dressed up, but many diners are guests of the hotel, and are definitely NOT turned away for their casual attire. It's a steak house. Sides are extra, but are huge enough to share between 2. If I have any complaint, it is that Don had a helper that seemed a bit too new. But he was pleasant and tried very hard. A++Special Features:
- College send offBeatsDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter Micheal was great. He welcomed our daughter and congratulated her on going off to college. He treated her like the princess she is and we were grateful. The food was excellent. Thank you for a very special dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularCrewDined on 8/30/2014This place never disappoints. Steaks are always prepared to perfection and served by a cheerful and attentive staff. When I want a great dining experience, I come hereSpecial Features:
- Great mealnjewrDined on 8/27/2014I'm not usually a fan of large chain steakhouse's but our meal at this Ruth's Chris in Westchester was spot on. The food was excellent and the desserts were awesome. Highly recommendedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicehokegerDined on 8/26/2014Had a large party of 16 (including some finicky kids) and the staff handled it extremely well. Very accommodating. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceFranPDined on 8/24/2014Food was good although steaks were a bit over cooked given the description and based on prior experience. My med rare was at best medium and my husband's medium well was well done. When the manager later asked about our steaks I advised him that they were over cooked. (Guess they stopped the practice of waiting when serving to ensure that you cut the steak and approve of degree of cooking.) Since I did not want to wait to send my steak back at that point he was nice enough to comp my desert. I had a yummy cheesecake which was definitely large enough to share. Service was good. However, the plate under the butter dish had caked on food and I needed to have it changed. Not one of our best experiences at this Ruth Chris but overall okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in westchesterjamjamDined on 8/23/2014I've tried most of the steak houses around white plains and this was the best by far. Perfectly cooked and seasoned steak. Pricey but excellent. Great service and fun atmosphere without being too loud or too fussy. Fries are amazing. Iceberg wedge and crabtini appetizer both excellent. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightSalesGuyVIPDined on 8/21/2014I normally bring clients to Ruth's Chris Westchester, but this time my wife and I enjoyed ourselves and had a great meal on Friday...We didn't hold back! We indulged with two orders of the spicy lobster tempura which was amazing, had lobster bisque, salads, and each of us had the 16oz bone in filet with creamed spinach and boiled tomatoes for our sides. Pair that up with the Migration Pinot Noir, and we were in our own, delicious world. We could tell that each course was crafted with so much care and our server, Joe, was an absolute pleasure. The meat was cooked perfectly, who was no surprise. There are many dining options in Westchester, but when it comes to consistsntly exceeding expectations, Ruth's Chris always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt neglected =(SerdougDined on 8/18/2014We've gone to Ruths' Chris for our anniversary for the past several years. Normally, they make it a special occasion. This time, nothing. My husband mentioned it was our 23rd anniversary to our waiter, and he smiled, but said nothing. Only two seats away, another couple had rose petals all over their table, and got well wishes from the manager. Again, nothing for us. Our waiter was OK. He did just what he needed to, and nothing more. It's not the service we've come to expect from Ruths' Chris. And, for the first time in more than a dozen visits, I wasn't that thrilled with my filet mignon either. It was overcooked. Fortunately, the sweet potato casserole never disappoints! Still, I think we'll be going somewhere else next year to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!DobbsDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014This place is a sure thing. Fantastic steak, wonderful service and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. Our waiter Joe was friendly, funny, professional and always there when we needed him. The wine he recommended was delicious! Its one of the few places the whole family can agree on. But it is very rich food and its not inexpensive so we save it for birthdays and reunions.Special Features:
- Food Good/Service FairRonalesVIPDined on 8/16/2014Complete dinners were good choice and three out of four of us selected from that menu. Good value. My salmon was delicious, prepared as I had requested-medium rare, no spice, veggies steamed, no spice. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. The waitor was not around when we needed him and had to request another waiter to please call our waiter. All in all, a very nice evening out.
- ExcellentfinedinerDined on 8/7/2014Great food n service. Try the sweet potatoe casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationalycalDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House could not have made my night any better. The food was delish!! Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was excellent. Our table was appropriately decorated for the occasion with Happy Birthday confetti. The Hostess took a family picture and presented it to us at our table before we left. Great time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food delicious, however....luncheswithfriendsVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food is always delicious although it is quite pricey. Dinner for 2 with No drinks was $200.Special Features:
- Excellent.pg60Dined on 7/25/2014Food and service were very good. It is always a pleasure to receive your food hot from the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SteakhouseNYCChitownFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Nice steakhouse, despite being a chain. The service is usually great, but it depends on the wait staff that day. Portions are generous and the food is tasty. The crabcakes are perfect. Food here is seasoned much better than some of the competitor chains. The dinner combo prix fixe is a good deal, appetizer, sides, entree and desert usually under $50. Ala carte is quite pricey. Desserts are just ok, but you won't have room anyway. There aren't really any great tables because of the location in a hotel surrounded by a parking lot, but they do try to create a nice ambiance despite the limitations. It's a quiet ambiance and small chilren are rarely present. It's good for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSalesGuyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Ruths Chris Westchester never disappoints. I go to other steakhouses in the area (BLT, Benjamins, etc...) and they have let me down with sub par service, small portions, and steaks that are (sometimes) not cooked to my liking. I frequent Ruths Chris when I take customers to dinner, and we are always satisfied.Special Features:
- AnniversaryBethDined on 7/6/2014This is my husband's favorite restaurant for special occasion meals. The service and food are excellent. The manager visited the table and quickly made a small change in plate size. We had questioned why the meat portion was served on a small plate which we had not seen before. The manager personally brought a bigger plate to the table.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerGoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014Ruth Chris has stepped there game up we had an excellent dinner the service was great.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRoseDined on 7/4/2014It was our first time at a Ruth's Chris. Our dinner was delicious, Side dishes are large enough to share which made it fun to try several different ones. The desserts were HUGE and all 4 of them were delicious!
- Typical GoodnessTedMVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great steaks. But my wife's chicken was a bit salty!
- Wonderful placeOutallthetimeVIPDined on 7/1/2014This place was very busy and yet everything was timed perfectly. The porterhouse is by far one of the best cuts they have. The service is friendly and professional. I do have my favorites....Special Features: