Ruth's Chris Steak House - Weehawken
1000 Harbor Blvd.
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3842/Weehawken
- Phone: 2018635100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Raul Solano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Weehawken, NJ - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Nelson 2018635100
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Weehawken
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Weehawken, NJ serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Weehawken - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)scenic view (46)romantic (38)good for groups (31)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Service is keyServiceIsKeyDined on 8/26/2014Look, Ruth's Chris is a good steakhouse and the rest if the menu is pretty good too. What really makes this particular location great is the service and attention you receive from the moment you walk through the doors. Went with my wife and two daughters who are ages 6 and 7 and it was perfect. The views of downtown manhattan are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantFrequentfisheaterDined on 8/16/2014Romantic, great food, 5 star service:ask for Wilfredo .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningFiosDined on 8/12/2014The tenderness of the steak is so delicious that you have to force your lips to close so no moisture runs from your mouth. The chef is amazing, the city view is spectacular and I will definitely be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014They have really delicious steaks. Although prices might be high, I guess it's pretty similar to every other steak house.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MashadmanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great local place to have a enjoyable meal. I love my steaks and this is the only place that they make it the way it should be.Special Features:
- Still my favorite place for steak!TrinaDined on 8/9/2014Never disappoints! Very consistent! It was Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Restaurant Week!MegLuDined on 8/8/2014The filet was phenomenal, as it always has been during any visit to a Ruth's Chris restaurant. The Restaurant Week deal was perfect- very reasonably priced and decent options for food (although I wish the calamari wasn't an extra cost). The lobster bisque was rather liquidy and had no chunks of lobster like you usually see at other restaurants and the dessert options weren't great. I love chocolate desserts, but the chocolate explosion was a bit disappointing. The steak and ambiance were great, though, and that's why we went. It was an overall very nice night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staffJerseyGirlFoodyDined on 8/8/2014Ricky was our waiter and he was so friendly. My mom truly enjoyed her lunch and said the entire staff was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top QualityBobsDined on 8/8/2014Have been wanting to go to Ruths for a while and took the opportunity when it came. I went at 12:30 P.M. (no line). Greeting staff was very pleasant and seated us promptly. The food was excellent. It came to my table hot remained that way through out the meal. Service and ambiance was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhIamAfoodieDined on 8/7/2014We were here for restaurant week. The lobster bisque didn't have any meat (Chart House just down the road, their lobster bisque has lots of lobster meat). The filet was good though, but the sides were separated and lacking in presentation. Then the dessert is just a chocolate cupcake with chocolate filling. Nothing special. Just disappointed in the overall food and presentation. I guess it's just another steakhouse. Service was terrible. It was probably 15 minutes before the waiter took our order. Everything was slow, took 2 hours for lunch.Special Features:
- Food was good, crowd was OKlovegoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014Our food was good. Even though we had reservations we did have to wait some time. The ambiance and crowd was not great for the money you pay.Special Features:
- SatisfiedSteakDined on 8/2/2014We came as a group of 5. We were very satisfied with our orders, however, 2 people in the group shared a porterhouse for 2. They ordered it medium well, and the steak was definitely medium rare. They could even eat most of it because it was too undercooked for their preference. Also, we ordered asparagus as one of the sides, and we found that to be a bit tasteless. If it was lightly buttered or even seasoned, it would have tasted better. Other than that, the other steaks and steaks we ordered were perfection!Special Features:
- nice placeexcellentDined on 8/1/2014a bit expensive but food is pretty good, love there steak, service pretty goodSpecial Features:
- Deliciously tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014From the starters to the dessert, the meal was simply delicious. The calamari was the best I've tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekbps8876Dined on 7/31/2014Ruths Chris has a great deal for restaurant week. Can't beat a three course meal at this restaurant for $38.00. Worth every penny! The food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- bobbyseaDined on 7/30/2014went for rest week.....excellent lunch and value...drinks were great....service excellent..especially our waiter Dorian who made the lunch special by recognizing the birthday guest with a special dessert.....will be back for dinner and highly recommend this restaurant....Special Features:
- Best steak in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014This place is a class act. In fact, I've been to the one in midtown and in Dallas and they are all class acts. Steak is amazing. Views of the city are wonderful. Top notch service. And my favorite is their wine list. Excellent selection. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless FiletTonyDined on 7/12/2014Disappointed..Filet had grizzle and not much flavor
- LisaDined on 7/11/2014Steaks were excellent. Blueberry Mojito refreshing. Easy access from hotel. Beautiful NYC view area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeGDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed our dinner but was a little disappointed in that we were seated right beside another couple with many open tables near us.Special Features:
- Always greatMattBDined on 7/5/2014I have been here three times over the last 4 years, and it never disappoints. We went for my in laws 35th wedding anniversary and we're well taken care of all night. Thank you for the exceptional service and spectacular food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014THE BUSBOY FRANK WAS THE BOMB WORKS SO HARD IS SO EFFICIENT SO FRIENDLY AND KNIWS HOW TO MULTI-taskSpecial Features:
- ChartDined on 7/4/2014Had a birthday dinner at RC to celebrate my wife's birthday. I had notifed the restaurant ahead of time through opentable. Our table was tastefully decorated to celebrate the occasion. Our server was top notch. He was very attentive, and knowledgable of the menu. The food was great. Overall it was a 4 star experience.Special Features:
- Right from the startFoxyB123Dined on 7/1/2014Right from the start when our family checked in I knew my husbands birthday was going to be special when they put birthday foil confetti on the table and a note from the restaurant wishing my husband a Happy Birthday. Tim was our friendly, attentive and funny waiter who made us never have to ask for anything. The salads crispy and cold, the shrimp sweet and fresh, all the steaks were cooked to perfection and the bernaise sauce was awesome. All the sides were steaming hot and the bread crispy and hot.Special Features:
- Excellent All Aroundjinjin266Dined on 6/22/2014Great dining with parents from out of town. Loved the view, impeccable service, delicious steaks as usual.Special Features:
- Disappointingjpp46Dined on 6/21/2014We've dined here many times in the past and have always been pleased with the service and food, but that was not the case on Saturday. The service was slow, and the food served was lukewarm instead of hot. The French fries were soggy and undercooked. When the main course was over, the waiter gave us the dessert menus before clearing the table, and when the table was cleared, he did not wipe the tablecloth. This is not what should happen at a restaurant of this caliber.
- Birthday Dinnerdougie53Dined on 6/21/2014We go here all the time, but I was very disappointed the last time but this time was fine.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceKellyDined on 6/19/2014I was celebrating a friends birthday. We had a Great time. It was an all around Great Experience. Waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Service!JamiePDined on 6/14/2014Thanks Lonny aka Bob! You were great, and especially with my mother who can be a bit picky. Thanks again for the great service and great personality, it makes the dining experience so much better when you have someone who actually likes there job and cares about people dining.Special Features:
- Great foodRayRDined on 5/31/2014Been a few times. There isn't anything on the menu I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJinx83Dined on 5/28/2014I took my boyfriend for his bday and we both loved it. It was our first time there and we are already talking about coming back. The staff was friendly, our waiter was great, the food was delious, my boyfriend was very please with the atmosphere & and food as well he said that " this was great bday" so i would recommend this if you wanna impress you're date or if you wanna be super romantic, great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Place for Steak & MoreJackieCDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I have now been here twice, and absolutely love it. There's a really nice romantic/sophisticated ambiance that makes dinner feel a little important special than normal. The food is very good - I had the 11 oz filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. My wife had the barbecued shrimp and really enjoyed it. Our salads were delicious too. Finished it off with a creme brulee. Terrific Experience overall. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wait staffTas9549Dined on 5/16/2014I have to compliment the wait staff. Attentive and friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyVIPDined on 5/11/2014I dined at RC for Mother's Day and it was a wonderful experience. The seating was quick, the food was superb, but most of all the waiter we had was exceptional. I will come back to RC of Weehawken again. We were treated like royalty!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakEmiloDined on 5/9/2014it was a very nice experience. The waiter was great and the food was amazing !! i would highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to enjoy good steak and nice ambienceSpecial Features:
- Always greatJohnnyCDined on 5/3/2014The steak is amazing! You can always depend n Ruth's Chris for great service and outstanding food. The dining space can use an update.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Food and service were exceptional. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 456 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Weehawken reviews archive.
- Definitely NOT RCs' bestfoodisgoodDined on 4/20/2014We've eaten at many of Ruth's Chris locations throughout the U.S, this was, by far, the worst. The staff seemed much younger and definitely more inexperienced than at other RCs (chairs moved, two at a time held high in the air over people dining?!?). The food wasn't prepared or served at the expected RC level of excellence (chopped salad was old, no crisp and tasted bland; the petite filets weren't served with the famous RC 'sizzle', sides were barely warm and the creamed spinach didn't look or taste 'right'). This wasn't our first 'eh' experience at this particular RC, but it will be the last. No excuse for the poor food and service at these prices or at THIS chain. Major letdown, not the special Easter meal we expected at RCs.Special Features:
- Good Dining ExperienceNivNYCDined on 4/19/2014The location of this place is right along the Hudson river with amazing NYC views. The waiter we had was very nice and professional. When asking him about the menu items he was knowledgeable. I got the lamb chops for $40. It comes with 15oz of meat so very filling. The lobster Mac and cheese and shrimp over mashed potatoes were good. However the shrimp dish was slightly over salty. You can keep the bill at a reasonable price if you don't order drinks. This is definitely not a budget friendly place but good for those special occasions. 3 dishes had my bill at $90. I left a good tip as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Every Time!!TrinaDined on 4/19/2014My Favorite Steak House! Just celebrated our Anniversary there. Great Views! consistent every time! Just delicious! Stacey our Server always giving superb service! Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.