Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek
1553 Olympic Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3509/Walnut-Creek
- Phone: 9259773477
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Vincent Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Walnut Creek, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Walnut Creek offers private dining for small and large groups. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Graham 8883394761
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Walnut Creek, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (53)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (36)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (15)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- DisappointedJomoomooDined on 8/24/2014We had an early dinner reservation, and even though the restaurant wasn't busy, we were seated directly against the sun. They used duct tape to secure the blinds to try to block the sun from my husband's 90-year-old grandmother which didn't work. The food itself was mediocre. We were looking forward to dinner here since we had an excellent experience at the SF location. Three of us had scallops and all were over done. My husband ordered a medium rare steak, and it came out medium with just a hint of pink. It seemed like our food might have been sitting in the food warmer too long. Our entrees were served on the small appetizer plates (hardly fit my husband's steak and lobster). Fortunately, the service was good but that's about it.
- First time here & very disappointedPatutiDined on 8/20/2014I made these reservations 2 weeks in advance for my Boyfriend's Birthday. It was a Wednesday night and when we got there, the place was louder than a concert hall. A company was having a work function, and their party was larger than the private room so they had taken over the bar, dinning room hallway, entry way and bathroom hallway! They were drunk and very loud! The noise level was like a fire hydrant to the face! So much for a nice romantic, Birthday dinner! My boyfriend can't stand mayonnaise so before we ordered the Crabtini and the Chris Chopped Salad, we asked if there was any mayo! The waiter, Josh said absolutely not! Guess what, both were drenched in Mayo! Steak was good but not outstanding and the sides, mediocre at best
- birthday dinner for momfoodieDined on 8/17/2014We were there to celebrate my mom's birthday. I noted that in my reservation and so they had decorated the table with happy birthday confetti. The food was very good. My daughter loved the ranch dressing on her salad. She said it was amazing. The sweet potato casserole was enjoyed by all. The steaks were cooked as ordered and tasted great. My only complaint is that they allow very young children in the restaurant and we had to sit through most of our dinner listening to a cry toddler. For the amount of money that we spent on this meal it would have been nice not to have had to listen to this child crying. Ruined the ambiance.Special Features:
- amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014we always have a great time when visiting ruth's chris in walnut creek. the food was exceptional as usual, and we had the pleasure to be served by kristen. we loved her attitude and welcoming personality.Special Features:
- Great experienceTybooDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time at Ruth Chris. The food was amazing and our server Mitch was very attentive. Mitch did a fantastic job of explaining the menu and he was very polite. I give Ruth Chris my highest recommendation and I suggest you ask for Mitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again...OkR8rVIPDined on 8/16/2014How do they do it? Each and every time the chefs here deliver an incredible meal. The rib eye, the lobster, the side dishes, the apps were all prepared to perfection. This is always our "GoTo" restaurant for a fine meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar!NursefoodieDined on 8/15/2014I haven't been here in years, and boy do I regret it! The food, drinks and service were phenomenal! A++. What I expect from a name brand like Ruth's Chris, but this was better than that. By far my new "favorite" dining place in the bay. How Do they make a steak as smooth as butter??? Very impresses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerssetDined on 8/14/2014The service was excellent, as was the food. I would recommend to anyone. This was our 32nd wedding anniversary and we couldn't have chosen a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 8/5/2014We have been there numerous times before and have always loved it. The steaks were overcooked and the lobster was rubbery. We felt the salad was not up to greatest standards. It lacked crispiness. Side dishes were good. Service very good.
- Great for a SplurgeNorCalGirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014The salad was a bit over-dressed, the green beans were very al dente but asparagus was perfect. The steak was cooked to perfection although we did ask that the butter be withheld from the steak. The wait staff was on point and very friendly. We had a large family gathering next to us with a few crying toddlers, but they thankfully left so we could enjoy our date night by the time we ate our salads.Special Features:
- I was expecting moreBigMaxDined on 8/1/2014Given the tradition and brand of Ruth Chris Steakhouse I had high expectations of a fabulous steak dinner. The food was good but, frankly, not significantly better than what I've eaten at far less expensive restaurants. For the price, I expect to be wowed by the food, but my lobster was a little dry and steak was tasty, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVERKevinDined on 7/27/2014My server was WONDERFUL,patient and attentive. The food was very good. This was my first time at your establishment, I will be coming back, thanks for every thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCarolLDined on 7/26/2014Excellent service provided by Alex and the support staff. Great menu with many options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Hesitation to go backIronDave4FunDined on 7/22/2014Calamari appetizer was delicious! If your not in the mood for a huge piece of meat, go for the filet and lobster tail under the classic dinner option. You get salad, side dish and dessert with your meal. Upgrade your dessert to the bread pudding! Waiter was great but getting 4 stars for service only because the bartenders where not paying attention to people's drinks levels and responding in a timely manner. I would have let this pass but the bar was less than half filled.Special Features:
- Not up to PAR this visitNinjaFoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I have dined here at least a dozen times, and this visit was probably one of the lowest rated ones. We sat in the back, which was fine. There was a child screaming off and on (really, not big of a deal). I think we were seated in the family section (which is where we sat last visit as well). I brought my husband, my mom and my 15 year old son. The service was awkward, and not as refined as usual. Fortunately, the food was up to PAR. We were left with the menus, and eventually put them on the floor because they were in the way. We should have ordered our meal with our appetizers and salads, because it took awhile for us to receive our entrees. It wasn't horrible service, just not what I'm used to there.Special Features:
- best dinner in a long timegrandmaKDined on 7/19/2014This was our first experience at this restaurant. The food was excellent the steaks were tender and very juicy and all of the side dishes we fabulous especially the mashed potatoes The service was terrific Our waiter Nick was knowledgeable and friendly. He did an excellent job. We had a visit from the manager and he was very warm and friendly. We will be back!! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Our experience did not match our expectation of fine dining at Ruth's Chris given what we paid. 3 request for lemon before it came. Steaks were not cooked properly, one medium rare came out medium with almost no pink, another came out raw. Both lacked the seared crust effect. Lobster appetizer was good, but not great. Crab cakes were good. My chopped salad was very good, as were the fries. We had requested a booth because my husband has a hearing impairment but were told it was reserved for more than 4 people. Again, for what we paid, the steaks should be perfectly cooked and crusty outside and the service should be outstanding.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversarybluesDined on 7/17/2014Upon booking my reservation, I specifically noted special requests & they were not honored. Consequently, our reservation was at 8:00 PM but were seated at 8:30 PM. They called to confirm our special request (to welcome us with drinks), but when we arrived they simply said they were behind. We love Ruth Chris & would like the level of service to be top priority beginning as we arrive. Our server was gracious & extremely accommodating, but we wanted this experience since our arrival.
- Amazing experienceFdEprtDined on 7/11/2014We had my wife's birthday here with 7 people. The staff provided us with the best spot in a quiet section and nice view. The food was FANTASTIC. The steak was the best I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicepdub223Dined on 7/11/2014We always find this is the place to go for our special occasions. The company was great as well as the service and food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHappilyMarriedDined on 7/11/2014When we made reservations for our 22nd wedding anniversary we made it clear of the occasion and requested a quiet private table. We arrived 15 minutes before the restaurant opened to ensure the best seating. Even being seated FIRST we were placed right in the middle of the 'run way' at a table meant for 4! No rose petals as they do for anniversaries were placed on the table. Two tables over a couple was later seated at a quiet booth- no petals on their table which leads me to believe no special occasion for them- why weren't we seated there? We could have chosen ANY establishment to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. I'm sure the one we choose next year will listen and honor us. Also, the waitress was drowning in heavy scented perfume!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to improve....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2014We have always enjoyed the food here but usually sit in the bar area where we have had great service as well. This time disappointed because our server was not very good. My husband wanted a 6 oz filet and she said that it was only available in 4 or 8 oz. At the end of the meal we were handed a flyer with some steak dinners listed...yes a 6 oz filet was on it. We were brought the wrong salad, but it was exchanged. We ordered wine with our dinner but it did not arrive until we were almost done. The salad was not adequately dressed and boring. Our steak with shrimp was lacking the famous "crust" that we love from Ruth's Chris, but tasted good. Shoestring potatoes are excellent as is creamed spinach.Special Features:
- Great steak, not worth the $$$liketoeatDined on 7/5/2014We were excited to go to Ruth's Chris to have some good steaks. To make it short, the steak was really good, but for the amount of $$$ we spent we'd really expect better service. Simple things - our water glasses were not refilled (we ended up flagging someone down to get them refilled), a glass of wine we ordered came quite a bit late. It just felt like they forgot about us unless we pushed for stuff to be brought to us. At over $200 for the two of us, I expected better service.
- good food ,not cheap.disappointedfatherDined on 7/5/2014Good food, service, and ambiance. Not cheap. For special times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaqVIPDined on 7/5/2014Expensive, but the portions and quality are consistently good.Special Features:
- good steakbrunchDined on 7/4/2014Good for special occasion. We go for the Classics menu - an appetizer, main dish, a side and a dessert. Pretty good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Always a great experience. The staff is always attentive, and professional.Special Features:
- Fantastic service and great foodjkbritVIPDined on 6/28/2014Love this place. Soooo expensive but worth it for a special occasion. Service was impeccable and they were lovely to my 11 year old son celebrating his birthday.Special Features:
- Amazing food, wine and servicekeudangDined on 6/28/2014I am never disappointed with the food and service at Ruth's Chris, specifically the Walnut Creek, CA location. I have tried almost the entire menu and everything has been excellent. And although I have never experienced anything less than excellent with my meal, they are willing to do what it takes to make your dinner perfect even bring you out a second steak if you believe your current steak is unsatisfactory. The wine list is amazing and the apps are phenomenal as well. Only thing to keep in mind though is that this level of service and quality does not come cheap, be ready to spend a couple hundred on a dinner for two.Special Features:
- Good but noiseNeilVIPDined on 6/26/2014Too noisy for quiet conversation. Service good but not great. Prefer Morton's instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!!!!cherrilanDined on 6/21/2014The food was great and I love Open Table for making it so easy to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had the ceased salad, Lamb chops and baked potatoes plus amazing cocktails and a very good pinot noir. The food is really amazing. The service was superb. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Serving freshnessBucktoothDined on 6/20/2014My wife is a vegetarian that eats seafood. She will "tolerate" my having a steak from time to time if there is seafood on the menu as an option for her. In all of the times that we have been to Ruth's Chris my wife has been absolutely and completely satisfied with her seafood selection. This time she ordered the sea bass. It was stringy, not flaky, and had a bite to its taste. The wait staff brought her the grilled salmon to replace it and it also had a bite to the taste. One also only got one cup of after dinner coffee. No refill ever came.Special Features:
- SadAvidDinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Sadly, we were very disappointed with our recent Ruth Chris experience. We celebrated my husband's birthday on Father's Day and it was very busy so we decided to come in earlier than we usually dine. Requested a table along the window but seated us in front room. They didn't have the request. So, we waited 20 min for table along window...Had issues with food...They ended up taking my fish off our bill because they could not correctly cook it in the given time, they said. We should have sent my mother-in-laws fish back, too but it embarrasses her when I do that... but the fish was all overcooked. Had to send the steak back to be cooked a little more...Our waiter was great but we suffered from too many people on the holiday ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day at Ruth'sMaryeats123Dined on 6/15/2014We were seated promptly after a great valet service. Nick was our waiter and very helpful in his description of the experience we were to have. The wedge salad is to die for; I wouldn't go overboard on the crabtini little taste. But the steaks and lobsters were the best you have ever eaten and a combo for Father's Day well priced. The molten cake a bit tasteless but the cheesecake incredible. WE were visited by the manager and our dad given a nice father's day card with coupon worth $25 on our next visit which visit we will.Special Features:
- Our favorite placeCmarieDined on 6/15/2014You won't find a better steak. I've been to many upscale restaurants and have not found the quality of steaks to be the same or even close to Ruth's Chris. Know which cut of meat you prefer. I like the more lean cuts, so my choice is the filet. Porterhouse is excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old reliableccpicksDined on 6/15/2014My dad loves this place and I love taking him. The food and service is always reliably good. The steaks were cooked as ordered. The server was adequately attentive. Some don't like the buttered salt & pepper steak and prefer other spots. I enjoy the the extra flavoring. It's seasoned great for my taste. The sides are always good. mash potatoes, spinach. We asked for raw tomatoes versus the broiled ones.Special Features:
- bad dinnerlisaDined on 6/14/2014first time ever to have given ruth's chris steak house a bad review. steak was super fatty. had to actually ask for water instead of the usual attentive waitstaff with their pitcher of water just ready to pour. i expected the same excellent service whether we sit in the dining room or at the bar since we ordered from the same menu & not from the bar menu. nick, the waitstaff did not even try to compensate us for the fatty steak; maybe he could have given us the sorbet for free. or nick could've asked the manager to talk to us since we let him know we were not happy. & as a side note, this was not our first time; we dine at ruth's chris steak house pretty often
- Amazing food, wish service matchedFinefoodloverDined on 6/11/2014The wait staff is not as attentive as other fine dining restaurants. They forgot to make sure table setting matched are party size of 2 and kept extra table settings until after appetizers arrived. They used to put flower petals on anniversary dinner reservation tables, but it did not happen. The waiter commented it was missing the special touches but did not fix it. Service was slow. Manager stopped by and said everything okay very quickly as he was walking by as if it was an after thought once he was at another table for a one time & didn't know about the special anniversary celebration. The saving grace was the high quality of the food, consistent taste from the chef/and kitchen to team, and the friendly busboy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will's DinnerWillDined on 6/7/2014As always, this is one of the best dinner houses in the bay area. We have always had great service and outstanding meals. Everyone who loves good food and service will love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.