Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek
1553 Olympic Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3509/Walnut-Creek
- Phone: (925) 977-3477
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Vincent Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Walnut Creek, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Walnut Creek offers private dining for small and large groups. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Graham 8883394761
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Walnut Creek, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (49)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- lilstdragnprinceVIPDined on 11/22/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House was absolutely the perfect place to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. He had never been to a steakhouse and I wanted to treat him to a place where he could really have an excellent experience. We had the most amazing time, the steak was cooked perfectly. We were stuffed by the end of the night. Overall, this is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceRancherDined on 11/21/2014To keep it simple Great steaks, Great sides, Great wine, Great service. Their complementary anniversary Chocolate dessert was over the top, not to split we each got our own plate... Classy placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoDinnerFor2Dined on 11/2/2014I had a great experience when I visited Ruth's Chris Steak House in Walnut Creek over the weekend. I was there for my boyfriend's birthday and they really made him feel special decorating the table with party confetti and acknowledging his birthday. Our server Victoria was really great. She made our mouth water when she described her favorite items on the menu, such as the fingerling potatoes since it was the last day of their summer menu, therefore the last time they would have fingerling potatoes for the season. The servers were great at refilling our water without making us feel like we were being interrupted. And the complimentary birthday dessert was a great surprise and the perfect size after a fulfilling dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, perfectionNancyDined on 10/31/2014As always, perfection on a plate! Friendly staff, knowledgeable servers, romantic but not smaltzy.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerLagosgirlVIPDined on 10/27/2014We went for a service anniversary celebration on a Monday night. We had to take a 530 pm reservation which was a bit annoying. However, we were well taken care of and the food was over the top fabulous. I personally thought the appetizers were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes... it's a chain but it's GOOD!ebboy5Dined on 10/21/2014A great place for steaks! I've been to many different restaurants and this place continues to serve consistently good food. Very reliable and always friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- GMAMGMAMDined on 10/19/2014We often come to Ruth Chris for special occasions; our son loves the steak for his birthday! Kate was our server and provided excellent service as well as a pleasant sense of humor. The only downside was a nearby table of a VERY boisterous group of ladies. They even asked the maître d' if they were talking too loudly but they continued to do so. This noise level is an isolated occurrence but it made it difficult to hear others at our table.Special Features:
- ChavalaDined on 10/14/2014Everything was wonderful. The filet mignon with the lobster tail was delicioso! Lovely touches for our 25th anniversary such as rose petals on our table and a message written with chocolate sauce on our dessert plate. Can't wait to go back and try the lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth's Chris and what an experience. We were amazed by the attention the entire staff made. The food was suburb. We had an exceptional dining experience and can’t wait to go back. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- glovesmVIPDined on 10/7/2014We had a very nice steak dinner here with a nice bottle of merlot. Though the steaks don't come with sides, we ordered a chopped salad and asparagus with hollandaise. I ordered the cowboy ribeye and I wish I had a slightly bigger plate to cut on, but the plates are probably small to fit in the really hot oven they have in the kitchen. We finished off the meal with a delicious cheesecake.Special Features:
- SoupLadyDined on 10/4/2014As always, Ruth's Chris was on point with my awesome meal. The Filet Mignon melted in mouth as I reveled in the buttery fragnace wafting through my nostrils as I enjoyed each tender bite. The Creamed Spinach and Potatoes Au Gratin were delicious and were the perfect compliment to my steak. I began my meal with a Raspberry Lemon Drop and a Strawberry & Bleu Cheese salad with a Champagne Vinaigrette. I am already looking forward to my next nite out at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerregularJaneVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went for a mutal Birthday dinner and were very pleased with everything. the table had little spinkles of Birthday confetti. the Salad, steaks, sides, dessert all excellent. Would highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOutlawmediaDined on 9/27/2014It was a great way to end the evening. We were celebrating our 17th year anniversary after a long day of activities we were looking forward to having a nice dinner. This only being our 2nd time this year we were hoping for equally as nice experience. We were promptly greeted, we didn't have to wait very long. (We had made reservations) We were seated and within a minute we were greeted by our server. The service and the food were every bit as good as our 1st time there. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Once again, Ruth's Chris did an amazing job. The food was fabulous, the service was great, and the Ruth's Summer Classics combo menu is the best value that you can get.Special Features:
- Always are favoriteMentiDined on 9/27/2014We went for our 23 Wedding Anniversary. Food was fantastic, I had the Ruth Classic -Lobster and filet, my husband had the stuffed chicken. Nicholas was our waiter - he was very friendly. We chatted with him and he gave us several recommendations for restaurants in Napa ( he had worked and lived in the area previously). The entire staff was courteous. This is my choice for specials occasions and it was just what I wanted.Special Features:
- Always great!MarianneDined on 9/26/2014This is our go-to special occasion place! Always great food and excellent service. Love that you can get high-end wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Great For Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary last week. They do take great care of you to ensure your special occasion is just that, special. We waited :20 minutes after our reservation time to be seated, but the service and special attention made up for it. The food is always spectacular, just too hot to eat upon it's arrival. We even received a gratis Anniversary Dessert. I'll return again for sure.Special Features:
- just was not greatflyfishzDined on 9/21/2014I usually love this place... 16oz ribeye... it was just not that good
- Ruth Chris is Top Rank!bougiebreeDined on 9/21/2014I've always had an enjoyable dining experience at Ruth Chris Walnut Creek but I must say since management has changed I've been more than impressed with the staff, food, bar, and even valet!!! Thanks Robert for your attentiveness it is very appreciated ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!SharklawyerDined on 9/20/2014A great dining experience! Fabulous food and service. Ruth Chris never disappoints,Special Features:
- A Special Occasion Dinner VenueJohnDined on 9/14/2014For our 50th Anniversary, received a gift card for Ruth's Chris. When we arrived, the first table we were ushered to was next to a noisy group. But they were accommodating and moved us to a booth where it was more quiet. Our server was Kristen and she was just wonderful. Since we had the gift card, we splurged on a special wine recommended by Kristen. We enjoyed a delicious appetizer of shrimp. I had their 8 oz. filet mignon which was perfectly cooked. My wife ordered the 6 oz filet with lobster tail; yet her meat cut was about as big as mine. And, since it was our anniversary, the desserts (cheesecake for her, chocolate cake for me) were complimentary. Normally pricey, yes, but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- All great excepy for my own steakNorCalFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nearly everything was exceptionally wonderful, however my 12 ounce rib eye was overcooked and looked more like flank steak. We had to catch a movie otherwise I would have had it taken back for a second try.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLizzieDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been making Ruth's Chris's Steakhouse our anniversary dinner spot for 3 years now, and we've not been disappointed yet! We love the dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Steak was too done. Requested medium..came well. I suppose I could have and should have sent it back...dessert was amazing as was the ambiance. All in all...overrated, my home grill is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-so so dessertgeoreva75Dined on 8/30/2014The title says at all. We are long time diners at Ruth Chris. Never had a memorable dessert yet. The food- in particular the steaks are the best ever, the service is excellent. We are going back because we love it , (we may skip the dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJomoomooDined on 8/24/2014We had an early dinner reservation, and even though the restaurant wasn't busy, we were seated directly against the sun. They used duct tape to secure the blinds to try to block the sun from my husband's 90-year-old grandmother which didn't work. The food itself was mediocre. We were looking forward to dinner here since we had an excellent experience at the SF location. Three of us had scallops and all were over done. My husband ordered a medium rare steak, and it came out medium with just a hint of pink. It seemed like our food might have been sitting in the food warmer too long. Our entrees were served on the small appetizer plates (hardly fit my husband's steak and lobster). Fortunately, the service was good but that's about it.
- First time here & very disappointedPatutiVIPDined on 8/20/2014I made these reservations 2 weeks in advance for my Boyfriend's Birthday. It was a Wednesday night and when we got there, the place was louder than a concert hall. A company was having a work function, and their party was larger than the private room so they had taken over the bar, dinning room hallway, entry way and bathroom hallway! They were drunk and very loud! The noise level was like a fire hydrant to the face! So much for a nice romantic, Birthday dinner! My boyfriend can't stand mayonnaise so before we ordered the Crabtini and the Chris Chopped Salad, we asked if there was any mayo! The waiter, Josh said absolutely not! Guess what, both were drenched in Mayo! Steak was good but not outstanding and the sides, mediocre at best
- Just okay....ZuzamaDined on 8/19/2014I've been to Ruth Chris Steakhouse before and remember the food & service being much better thanit is now...it's gone down for some odd reason. The food & drinks where just....okay. Nothing to brag about. I probably will NOT go there again because there are other restaurants/steak houses that I want to try that I've heard are better....oh well goodbye Ruth Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner for momfoodieDined on 8/17/2014We were there to celebrate my mom's birthday. I noted that in my reservation and so they had decorated the table with happy birthday confetti. The food was very good. My daughter loved the ranch dressing on her salad. She said it was amazing. The sweet potato casserole was enjoyed by all. The steaks were cooked as ordered and tasted great. My only complaint is that they allow very young children in the restaurant and we had to sit through most of our dinner listening to a cry toddler. For the amount of money that we spent on this meal it would have been nice not to have had to listen to this child crying. Ruined the ambiance.Special Features:
- amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014we always have a great time when visiting ruth's chris in walnut creek. the food was exceptional as usual, and we had the pleasure to be served by kristen. we loved her attitude and welcoming personality.Special Features:
- Great experienceTybooDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time at Ruth Chris. The food was amazing and our server Mitch was very attentive. Mitch did a fantastic job of explaining the menu and he was very polite. I give Ruth Chris my highest recommendation and I suggest you ask for Mitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again...OkR8rVIPDined on 8/16/2014How do they do it? Each and every time the chefs here deliver an incredible meal. The rib eye, the lobster, the side dishes, the apps were all prepared to perfection. This is always our "GoTo" restaurant for a fine meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar!NursefoodieDined on 8/15/2014I haven't been here in years, and boy do I regret it! The food, drinks and service were phenomenal! A++. What I expect from a name brand like Ruth's Chris, but this was better than that. By far my new "favorite" dining place in the bay. How Do they make a steak as smooth as butter??? Very impresses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerssetDined on 8/14/2014The service was excellent, as was the food. I would recommend to anyone. This was our 32nd wedding anniversary and we couldn't have chosen a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have been there numerous times before and have always loved it. The steaks were overcooked and the lobster was rubbery. We felt the salad was not up to greatest standards. It lacked crispiness. Side dishes were good. Service very good.
- Great for a SplurgeNorCalGirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014The salad was a bit over-dressed, the green beans were very al dente but asparagus was perfect. The steak was cooked to perfection although we did ask that the butter be withheld from the steak. The wait staff was on point and very friendly. We had a large family gathering next to us with a few crying toddlers, but they thankfully left so we could enjoy our date night by the time we ate our salads.Special Features:
- I was expecting moreBigMaxDined on 8/1/2014Given the tradition and brand of Ruth Chris Steakhouse I had high expectations of a fabulous steak dinner. The food was good but, frankly, not significantly better than what I've eaten at far less expensive restaurants. For the price, I expect to be wowed by the food, but my lobster was a little dry and steak was tasty, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- The following 1029 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Walnut Creek reviews archive.
- GREAT SERVERKevinDined on 7/27/2014My server was WONDERFUL,patient and attentive. The food was very good. This was my first time at your establishment, I will be coming back, thanks for every thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCarolLDined on 7/26/2014Excellent service provided by Alex and the support staff. Great menu with many options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Hesitation to go backIronDave4FunDined on 7/22/2014Calamari appetizer was delicious! If your not in the mood for a huge piece of meat, go for the filet and lobster tail under the classic dinner option. You get salad, side dish and dessert with your meal. Upgrade your dessert to the bread pudding! Waiter was great but getting 4 stars for service only because the bartenders where not paying attention to people's drinks levels and responding in a timely manner. I would have let this pass but the bar was less than half filled.Special Features: