Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wailea
3750 Wailea Alanui Dr.
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wailea
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 8088748880
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm | Sundays 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bader
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Here's a way to make any meeting memorable, any event a celebration... Private Dining at Ruth's Chris! Let your family, friends or associates enjoy the unparalleled Ruth's Chris menu and be pampered by the Aloha spirited Ruth's Chris staff. Make it Ruth's Chris for your next meeting, party or family gathering. -Outrigger Room, semi-private (Seats 40-75) -Large Groups are welcome to join us in our main dining room. Please call or email our special events manager for more information. Banquet menus are available. NEW! RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE LUNCHEONS! MINIMUMS APPLY. PLEASE INQUIRE
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Wund 8088748880
- Special Events: Ruth’s Chris Steak House (Hawaii) offers a Sizzlin’ Prime Time Menu featuring a 3-course menu starting at $39.95 (not including tax & gratuity.)Served nightly from 5-6:00pm
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wailea
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the USDA prime steaks, broiled to perfection in a trademark 1800 degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, island fresh fish, New Orleans inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and award winning wine list, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wailea - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wailea reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (15)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not what it once wasDaveVIPDined on 10/1/2014The place was nearly empty at our early dinner time. The server spent all his time with the next table where there were people he and the staff were apparently familiar with. That table got all the attention from our server and other staff. The chop salads were good as usual but the steaks were not up to par. Prepared okay but not as flavorful as we're used to. Overall a huge disappintment. Next time we'll stick with the Lhaina location. Even if we stay in Wailea again, we won't visit this Ruth's location again.
- DARKmauimaddnessDined on 9/27/2014It seems the lighting is getting dimmer and dimmer. Third time there has been inconsistently with temps on steaks. Always offers to make it right.Special Features:
- great food but needs an updateniknak311VIPDined on 9/22/2014The food is always good at Ruth's Chris. Just disappointing that people showed up wearing hats, board shorts and t-shirts. I get that this is Hawaii but put a little effort in when going to dinner. The RC in Irvine won't even let you in the dining room with a hat on. Might want to change it to a bar and grill. Still order the great steaks and sides but offer burgers etc because people are dressing way too casual for this place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gathering at Ruth's ChrisCanadianFoodieOnTheRoadDined on 9/17/2014Every year we come to Maui and every time we book a family dinner at Ruth's Chris in Wailea. The food is alway fantastic, especially their BBQ Shrimp. Enough for take-home, and enough for sharing. The waiters go out of their way to be accommodating and do their best to satisfy your whims and cravings. A little pricey but hey, you're in Hawaii and everything, everywhere is pricey.Special Features:
- Great VenuedeckVIPDined on 9/16/2014EXcellent value between 5 and 6. food was very good and service. Attentive but not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLPpizzaDined on 9/11/2014I have eaten hear several times they have the ability to serve a great steak, when it comes to seafood it's a 50/50 shot getting it cooked correctly, go for the steak nice place to go for quiet dinning waiters are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealDenaDined on 9/6/2014We were in Maui for our 26th anniversary and our dinner here was one of the best we had. The food was amazing and our wine perfectly complimented our meal. We're hoping to return to Maui and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetseboldtDined on 9/5/2014Food was great and Josh was a great server. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess Nightmare-WHY???SwankieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We arrived for our reservation and there was no one in sight, after fifteen minutes a hostess showed up and ignored us, and started chatting with a couple three or four people behind us in line. She kept insisting in a loud voice that they should be seated with Steve, apparently someone she knew who was also dining at the time. She embarrassed the couple and the rest of the people waiting to be attended to, by yelling loudly at them. Finally the man told her, "Look we want to dine alone because we are discussing our wedding plans"! She acted huffy and was brusque and unpleasant when we were asking about being seated. 1st Impression So Bad. Affected how we felt about restaurant. Meal was expensive even for a Ruth's but flavorful and good.Special Features:
- ExceptionalNokaoiDined on 8/26/2014Across the board a wonderful experience! For our special occasion it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjimmywesVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service, food and ambiance are all superb. We really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzdaveAzdaveDined on 8/10/2014Service great. Food ok. Place is old and need updating. Pricey for all that is lackingSpecial Features:
- Good food, clueless hostessprymnumberVIPDined on 8/4/2014We went for the food but were turned off by the hostess. When we first walked in without reservations, she told us the wait was 45 min. There were 4 of us and we saw many empty tables and staff milling about. So, I walked out, made a reservation with OpenTable, then walked back in saying now we have reservations. She checked the computer and told us the wait is now 5 min. This experience reinforced my love of OpenTable but totally turned us off to Ruth's in Maui. We would not recommend this place to our friends given there are better choices right next door.Special Features:
- GRaineyVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is always guaranteed to be a good steak dinner.Special Features:
- great experience everytimejuicysteaksDined on 7/17/2014I like this location we always come here for our anniversary. The server steve welcomes us back. they are nice .the manager mike came and checked us out.The food is always delicious. Well definitely be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerInternationalFoodieDined on 7/15/2014The reason for the 3 stars is because the food was good, not great. We ordered a filet, petit filet, broccoli, creamed spinach, potatoes au gratin, and creme brûlée for desert. My petit filet was actually cooked beyond what I ordered. It was ok, but being a steak house and screwing up a steak is a big issue in my book. On another note, the service was great. I will probably try them one more time. When you pay Ruth Chris prices you expect to get great food. So if the next food experience is like the last, meaning not leaving me wanting more...I would not recommend it in the future. With so many great places to eat here on Maui, why pay the premium prices if the food does not match?Special Features:
- First ever poor quality filetDisappointedDined on 7/10/2014I frequently dine at Ruths Chris Steakhouses during my travels. My wife enjoyed a delicious petite filet mignonette, I however, had a terrible cut and could eat only a small portion due to excess fat and sinew. The baked potatoe was dripping in butter and cheese fat, also unenjoyable. Our server was top notch however. I let him know of the situation and told him that I didn't expect anything. I just wanted the restaurant to know. The manage was kind in removing my filet from our bill. It still left me with a disappointment as Ruth's Chris is typically one of my favorites and this was one of our first dinners on our Maui vacation.
- Not worth it at allLiljaberDined on 7/1/2014Don't waste your time in Maui going here-there are so many better restaurants with fresh fish and products. Other Ruth Chris restaurants have been great, but this was a huge disappointment.
- The following 263 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Wailea reviews archive.
- Great SteakMrAlDined on 6/19/2014The steak in this place is as advertised - prime cuts. Extremely tender & prepared perfectly. The early bird menu option also provided a significant savings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!CaylaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Delicious steak, great wine list. There just isn't much of a view from the windows. Great service- my husband and I got our food rather quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess needs trainingYumm808Dined on 6/12/2014Hostess ignored us waiting for the doors to open at 5 even after we asked how long until opening. She then welcomed 2 parties without reservations. She sat them at booths and then walked us over to a table. It's not normally like that as we dine at this location often.
- Ruth's Chris just OKwappoocutDined on 6/11/2014We chose RC because we had tired of hotel food and wanted something reliably good. Having dined many times at several different RCs, I regret to say that this one disappointed. The food was average at best across the board. The only highlight was the still excellent service. If you find yourself in the same situation I described, save the money and locate a decent cheeseburger.Special Features:
- WaileaFoodieDined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious, the service was friendly and efficient, and the view was lovely. The steak would have been even tastier if the beef had been aged a bit more.Special Features:
- Ruth rocks!!KiheiboiFoodieDined on 5/15/2014We love Ruth's for special occasions. Birthdays, mothers day, fathers day or just popping in craving some steak, lobster and vino. We will be back as uaual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RC always good...DanremanDined on 5/12/2014Have dined in many RC...seldom disappointed. Pricey...around 100$ a person. Matt was our server...perfect. Put the broccoli au gratin back on menu...Matt had kitchen make for us... :) 2 bone in ny...very good. Worth 65$...not sure. Good martinis. Great corner table. Don't advertise happy hour in bar..there are only 6 seats at bar and not tables to sit in..u r deceiving the guests. RC is may fav steakhouse..best one is in ScottsdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmcj5Dined on 5/2/2014We have been big fans of the Ruth's Chris in our area (Irvine, CA) for many years. We were looking forward to visiting the restaurant in Wailea and enjoying a fabulous meal but were left extremely disappointed! We each had the petite filet and lobster tail. The steak was 1/2 the thickness we are accustomed to and the lobster wasn't sweet nor tender. We also had the creamed spinach, which is a usual favorite, and it was cold. Because of the disappointing meal, we even opted out of our usual dessert favorite, Creme Brûlée. The most discouraging thing is the lack of consistency and not knowing if other locations are held to the same standard. Next time we will think twice before we venture off the usual path for our Ruth's Chris meal.Special Features:
- Not so memorablemauigirlVIPDined on 4/30/2014We've had dinner at Ruth's Wailea on many occasions and most of the dinners were quite good. My dining companions enjoyed their dinner but my steak was served to me cold though the plate was blazing hot. My steak must have been sitting around for quite some time before I received it and they popped it back in the oven before they served it to me but it didn't help. The dragon fruit sorbet was not good! Our server Steve was great.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrismonkeypodDined on 4/25/2014Come on its Ruth's Chris no matter which location you go.... it will always be amazing... this was our first time in Maui and as soon as we saw a Ruth's Chris we knew we had to go there for dinner one of the nights.... compared to the ones in California it was very quiet and not a full house but that's just because its on an Island.... if you are looking for a quiet place to go for a romantic dinner when your on vacation this is the place.Special Features:
- The staff is always very friendlymaui4usDined on 4/12/2014The staff is always very friendly & professional. Mike (manager) & Steve (waiter) are the best! They play a big role inbwhy we choose to dine often at the Wailea storeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been Chris'dRandyDined on 4/7/2014After hearing about Ruth Chris for so many years, we have finally gone. Why I have waited I do not know. My wife and I consider ourselves foodies and have dined all over the world.. why have we missed this place..was it because it was a chain?? I don't know, burt I have to say we were delightfully surprised. The food was outstanding. If one is ever going to have a steak in the world - here is the place. I thought we had found the ultimate steak place in a restaurant outside of Siena, Italy.. but RC- topped it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui diningMauiDinerDined on 3/24/2014We stopped in at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Wailea and had another great dinner. The steaks are pretty amazing and if you have not tried the fine dining here - it is really and must. Starting with the starter bread & butter in combination with the dinners are served on 500F plates - it is always a special outing here. You can get you Costco "Ruth's Chris" gift certificates and save 20% - that is always a "plus" because this is not the most economical establishment to dine at - especially for larger families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Ruth's Chris standardsjacknvonDined on 3/23/2014We have been to many RC restaurants all over the country and this one is just not up to the level we expected. I assume that being in a high tourist area allows them to slack a bit on both quality and service (which we find the same with most Maui restaurants). The layout of the seating does not allow for much privacy, the lighting is too high, and very few seats with views (which would be spectacular if they could be seen). We are vineyard owners and always bring our personal supply, so be aware that this RC does not allow outside bottles (their policy), where most Hawaii restaurants do have a corkage fee. Sorry, won't be back to this one, but will be at our favorite in Palm Desert next month.
- HorriblerhoffVIPDined on 3/21/2014The steaks were totally tasteless. I had a rib eye and my husband had a filet. Not good and I definitely would not return. I have had better steaks at fast food for a whole lot les money.
- Waileafb1972Dined on 3/20/2014The food was amazing, but the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit..Not badLJoanneDined on 3/18/2014We really enjoyed the ambiance and service of Ruth Chris Restaurant. Our waiter was excellent and described the menu, cooking methods and yes, how much salt we wanted as seasoning. That is a first for us. Our Shrimp Cocktail was delectable, the sauce spicy as we like it. My husband chose the lamb entree and I had a petit filet. Both pieces of meat were tender and delicious. I do think that the plates are far too hot. This allows the meat to continue cooking and therefore ours was a bit more "done" than we would have liked. I am not a fan of butterflying the beef. Next time. I will ask for grilled whole. The sides can be shared by two. We had a delicious chocolate duo dessert and espresso coffee. The wine menu is extensive. Pricy but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014I'VE EATEN MANY TIMES AT THIS STEAK CHAIN. THE WAILEA LOCATION HAS SEEN A NOTICEABLE SLIPPAGE IN THE QUALITY OF THE MEAT. RUTH'S IS ABOUT MEAT. THIS LAST TIME THE MEAT WAS NOT COOKED PROPERLY FOR EITHER OF US. MY FILET TASTED A LITTLE LIKE LIVER. NOT PROPERLY AGED, OR COOKED IN BLOOD. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS LOCATION IF YOU LIKE THE REAL RUTH'S CHRIS EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- terrible serviceArmadaGardenerDined on 3/1/2014Although the food was very good the 3+ hours it took to eat dinner was an ordeal I would never want to repeat. Extremely poor service. I've eaten here in the past and had both great food and great service but this experience was so bad I will never go back to his restaurant.
- Great Anniversary DinnerNuzanDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at Ruth Chris. The experience was amazing and the food was excellent. There was in issue with my steak that was immediately resolved. The staff provided a wonderful dining experience from the start to the finish. We will be coming back our next time in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/26/2014It has been awhile now since we were there so my memory is not a sharp as it should be, but the service was a 12 on a 1-10 scale. The food was excellent, we both had steak and felt it was reasonably priced considering the location and the restaurant. Would definitely go here again for a special meal event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining in everywayRickDined on 2/20/2014While part of large publicly traded company this restaurant franchise operation is superb. From the minute you enter the restaurant you are catered to in every way. I have been back now several times three years running and it is the same every time. Etiquette and attentiveness is top shelf - very professional. Phenominal food with impeccable service. It doesn't get any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.