Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk
226 Lewers Street #L-233
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 8084407910
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Leighton Miyakawa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Let us help you plan your event. From small gatherings to up to 150 guests, Ruth's Chris accommodates large groups for any occasion. Ruth's Chris Steak House is available for exclusive buyouts and private lunch functions. Minimums apply.
- Private Party Contact: Emi Espinda 8085952205
- Special Events: Ruth’s Chris Steak House (Hawaii) offers the Sizzlin’ Prime Time Dinner Special featuring a 3-course menu starting at $39.95 plus tax & gratuity.)Served nightly from 5-6pm. Also, join us in the lounge for Happy Hour from 5-7pm.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the USDA prime steaks, broiled to perfection in a trademark 1800 degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, island fresh fish, New Orleans inspired appetizers, unforgettable dessert and an award winning wine list, you will find that this is the steak house to which others aspire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (41)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (24)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014The service we received was amazing. The food was amazing. The 2 times I been here were both worth it.Special Features:
- awesome x 10cjem3VIPDined on 9/17/2014Always over the top experience at this Ruth's Chris ! Brandon super service - AGAIN...Special Features:
- Brandon Kcjem3VIPDined on 9/14/2014Always ask for Brandon K - he's an awesome waiter !!! Food was over the top good - again ! Our 20th trip there and planning 20 moreSpecial Features:
- HawaiianFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Pleasant, efficient staff and steaks were "melt in your mouth." Our table had the filet and rib eye accompanied by fully loaded baked potato, shrooms and asparagus. The best!Special Features:
- Wonderful timeAngspanVIPDined on 9/8/2014We booked a late reservation but arrived earlier , they were able to accommodate us promptly .we were seated in a comfortable booth . I ordered a margarita while we waited for our meal and it was good although they could use better tequila . The appetizer we ordered was the tuna poke it was fantastic ,the main course consisted of rib eye , lamb cops , asparagus accompanied with hollandaise and the sweet potato casserole . We finished our meal with ice cream sundae . I would recommend Ruth Chris always.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed.JunkoDined on 9/7/2014I visited on my husband's birthday. Everyone served us was really good to us. Thanks for serving a special dessert for my husband!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badexperienceDined on 9/1/2014If only the service was as good as the food! And the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014日本語で。おいしかったです。肉が柔らかく、アメリカの肉でもおいしいのってあるんだと思わせてくれたお料理でした。Special Features:
- Great steakslillo1980Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful steaks: taste and cooking perfect. Dishes are very hot so the food remains eatable for more than 30 minutes...Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris never fails!ILoveFoodDined on 8/20/2014Went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate a friend's birthday last night. Over the years that I've been been to Ruth's Chris, I've always ordered the same thing and decided to try something different last night - Sweet Potato Casserole. We were all impressed! The pecan crust on top of the casserole was just perfect, excellent texture and slightly crunchy. My usual Ribeye steak was cooked to exactly how I liked it, medium rare with the right amount of fat to add to the flavor to the meat. The server Tylor was really funny and attentive and it was really nice that he presented our friend a special dish for her birthday. We will be back again! :)Special Features:
- Top Food - Top ServiceOzmuzziemooDined on 8/16/2014My Wife & I booked this Restuarant to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, we were not disappointed. The food & service was fantastic & they had scattered red rose petals on our table to recognize our anniversary. They also presented us with a special desert after the main course which was a beautiful gesture & the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stark-dinner experiencehiroterraDined on 8/10/2014I ordered the dished as below: Barbecued Shrimp, Sauteed Mushrooms, Filet, Ribeye. Every dish is delicious, and very friendly for Japanese guest with small kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime TimeYukariDined on 8/4/2014It was great that, the seats was wide, and good dishes. The service was wonderful. The menu of prime time were just fit to Japanese people. Petits fillet steaks were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!!!!TNJCDined on 8/2/2014The ribeye steak was very tough and chewy. Our waiter was friendly and helpful but he disappeared for about 30 minutes, had to ask to refill water and for a check twice. Would not comeback!Special Features:
- Way overpricedTravelersVIPDined on 8/1/2014Feel the meal we got while good was way out of line in terms of pricing, dessert was so dry we could not stomach it. Steaks were swimming in butter, by the way not everybody likes a pound of butter in their steaks. For the price I feel I should of left feeling full and satisfied when in fact I did not.
- Impeccable Service & Fabulous FoodHIfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014My favorite steak house for all the right reasons. The management/servers love their jobs and it shows. Ruth Chris Waikiki take care of the customers from the hostess to the servers to the bussers, which makes the entire dining experience memorable. Of course everything on the menu is delicious; starting with oysters Rockefeller to the rib-eye, lamb chops and all of the delicious sides. The new jalapeno mac and cheese is a new addition to our standard fare - delicious!Special Features:
- swhiteDined on 7/29/2014Food and service were excellent. i would definitely return to this Ruths CristSpecial Features:
- Always a solid mealChuckVIPDined on 7/27/2014Ruths Chris is great! Sizzling plates, great steaks and drinks.Special Features:
- Night out in WaikikiDiverDownDined on 7/26/2014As locals we don't eat in Waikiki often and are usually downstairs at the Yardhouse but we would journey again just for Ruth Chris. Parking is easy and validated at the Embassy Suites valet stand, if you have time you can grab a great draught at the Yardhouse, then head up the escalators to Ruth Chris. We dined inside because we wanted a/c, but were given a choice. Outside is better for people watching on Lewers and the Beach Walk Had the filet and the ribeye with the blue cheese crust, a side of potato au gratin, and for starters the Oysters Rockefellar which came flamed with 151 and the Osso bucco ravioli which was wonderful. Service was terrific, he didn't rush us, we will come again.Special Features:
- Great MealCoachDined on 7/25/2014We made a last minute reservation for dinner which was accommodated. We were seated immediately upon arrival (10 minutes prior to reservation). Service was very good as our drink and food was served immediately when ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedSienajDined on 7/22/2014Every time when I visit Hawaii(Oafu and Big Island) my children request to visit this restaurant. We can definately enjoy very good food & wine, and nice service at Ruth.Special Features:
- Excellent!nysmDined on 7/13/2014Pat was an excellent server. She was warm, confident and self assured (in a good way) - we knew she was a seasoned, experienced server. She has a great rapport with people. She was attentive without hovering. Got down to our child's eye level to explain the menu to him and ask him questions. Prime Time prix-fix menu between 5-6pm is wonderful. David is the perfect manager. He is warm, friendly and very helpful. All the staff that came to our table were also the same - warm and friendly. We really enjoyed the music played that night - mix of genres, decades, artists, etc. Would love to have that play list! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnowmanDined on 7/10/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cook518Dined on 7/7/2014We had a great experience at Ruth's Chris Wakiki. Service was excellent! The ribeye was the best I have ever tasted and the dessert and pressed coffee was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience808DinerDined on 7/6/2014Ruth's Chris is a great place to enjoy tasty food and have a pleasant dinner. The wine list is good and complements the great steaks and sides. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and to ensure you are taken care of. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - even my vegetarian friend enjoyed herself.Special Features:
- Our table next to the kitchendil7liDined on 7/4/2014I was a little disappointed since I've booked the table from Hong Kong ahead of time, but they have provided a table just next to the kitchen. I brought 3 kids with me and I specifically requested a high chair for my 3 years daughter. The problem with the table next to the kitchen was server were holding up their ovals in and out above our kid's head. I was kinda worried since you can never foresee accident. Other than that, everything were perfect especially our server was very nice to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deejVIPDined on 6/28/2014Always impeccable service. Great food. Remembers the locals who frequent the restaurant, instead of just catering to tourists. Exceptionally well-managed location.Special Features:
- Food different from mainlandOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/25/2014Service top notch as usual. Steak tastes different than in the mainland. Bread was also different. Spicy lobster bites missing from the appetizer menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCPAustraliaDined on 6/21/2014Was recommended Ruth's Chris from some friends. Travelling from Australia I made the booking online about a month out. Service was great by our server Matt. We both ordered the Filets, which were cooked to perfection, probably the best cut of meat I have ever consumed, could cut through with a butter knife (I did) both were cooked medium rare plus. Will definitely recommend to anyone who is after a fine place for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is excellent steakuedacciDined on 6/21/2014very soft meal, with no fat, delicious mash potato and so good service i have a good dinner, i would love to there once again this is our favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ServiceAcesDined on 6/20/2014I had made reservations for dinner here and must say it was amazeballs. Our server was Matt, i think that was his name. He was very knowledgeable with the menu and giving recommendation. It was a candle light setting, the food was delicious and a large selection of wines. This has become my favorite place to eat steak and wine.Special Features:
- Awesome AgainIndurate7VIPDined on 6/15/2014I eat here monthly, and they never disappoint! The staff is fantastic, and the food is amazing.Special Features:
- A Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Ruth's Chris is simply a great steakhouse. In a day and age where food has become fancy and presentation has overcome the meal, Ruth's Chris keeps things very basic. Yes, this is an elegant restaurant, and the service is such that it qualifies as fine dining, but in the end, Ruth's Chris reminds you that it is all about the steak. I had the boneless ribeye, and my wife had the filet mignon. Both were cooked to the appropriate doneness, and both were fine cuts of beef. Very flavorful, and very enjoyable. My daughter was wide-eyed at the flavor of her meal, causing her to announce that she is "breaking up with Outback." Yes, they use a lot of butter on their steak, and no you can't eat like this every day, but it is and was a winner.Special Features:
- A Little DisappointedMMMMDined on 6/15/2014Oure server, Lissa was very experienced and did a great job. They have a pretty good selection of wines by the glass and Lissa made some suggestions, which was nice. Appetizers came out promptly and were excellent. However, my Cowboy Ribeye was ordered Medium Rare and came to the table at Medium Well to Well Done. I hesitated but decided to let them know and had it sent back. It was a wait for them to redo the steak, which was to be expected, but the replacement came extra rare. I ate a little of it and took the rest home. It was disappointing that a place known for it's steaks could not do the preparation right. To be fair, in all our past experiences the steaks were done excellently to order. Not sure if we'll be going back.
- Over the top dining experience.HawaiiKaiBobDined on 6/14/2014Not your 'standard' Ruth's Chris by any measure. Although part of the chain, this particular location sets a standard for food prep and food quality that separates itself from the pack. Having had the opportunity to visit some of the more famous steakhouses from around the country, and having had mediocre experiences in other Ruth's Chris restaurants before, to say this is one is clearly one of the best steaks from anywhere is difficult to believe. The restaurant itself is relatively small and tends to be pretty loud so it's not necessarily an intimate setting. The wait staff, and in particular the boys at the bar (JT and Russell) are well trained and extremely attentive. It will cost you, but it is worth it!Special Features:
- Great for celebrating events!EastHNLFoodieVIPDined on 6/11/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here. Complimentary glass of champagne and flaming dessert. Steak was cooked to perfection as ordered. Neighboring tables also celebrating as well. Next to us, the table was covered with rose petals. Anniversary of course. Waiter was attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lissa was the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014Lissa took great care of our party. The food was wonderful and prepared to our taste. MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great ambienceMolokaiDined on 6/7/2014Staff were very accomodating and attentive. Food was awesome. Enjoyable and intimate. Pricey but great for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysRCWestcottVIPDined on 6/3/2014We made reservations for 5 and were there second in line just as they opened. There's a prix fixe that's quite the deal so long as you done before 6, and this place fills up fast and can get quite loud, so come early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014Everything was great! Service was speedy and on point. The ribeye steak was phenomenal. Tried the seafood jumbo and it was pretty good as well. We will be going back soon.Special Features: