Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk
226 Lewers Street #L-233
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: (808) 440-7910
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Leighton Miyakawa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Let us help you plan your event. From small gatherings to up to 150 guests, Ruth's Chris accommodates large groups for any occasion. Ruth's Chris Steak House is available for exclusive buyouts and private lunch functions. Minimums apply.
- Private Party Contact: Emi Espinda 8085952205
- Special Events: Ruth’s Chris Steak House (Hawaii) offers the Sizzlin’ Prime Time Dinner Special featuring a 3-course menu starting at $39.95 plus tax & gratuity.)Served nightly from 5-6pm. Also, join us in the lounge for Happy Hour from 5-7pm.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the USDA prime steaks, broiled to perfection in a trademark 1800 degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, island fresh fish, New Orleans inspired appetizers, unforgettable dessert and an award winning wine list, you will find that this is the steak house to which others aspire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)fit for foodies (41)romantic (40)notable wine list (31)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Dinner and ServiceHop760VIPDined on 11/26/2014My daughter and I decided to spend Thanksgiving week in Waikiki, and needed to eat one night at a familiar place. So we decided on Ruth Chris.....Cowboy Cut Ribeye, Broccoli, Calamari, and White Rice....Oh ya...Ribeye, sizzling butter and coked perfect. Only thing that topped the food, was the services from Tani, a big part of Team David.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachwalk People Watch location!BlueIrishEyesDined on 11/24/2014We requested an outdoor table for 4 since one lady was in a wheelchair, and what a wonderful table it was! Overlooking the promenade of second level Ruth's Chris, we could watch both up and down Christmas lights, tiki-torches and people strolling to the music. Our waiter was excellent, not pushing us to hurry and order. Made some excellent recommendations. Food was melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. While we like the ambiance of the indoors of this place, just outside is a whole new world but the same attention to detail. We loved our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and settingFoodieDined on 11/13/2014Sensational steak house. Brilliant food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!buffalohaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Been to Ruth Chris's several times, but first time to the Waikikli locaiton. Was very pleasantly surprised with its layout and great booth for privacy. Escargot was amazing. Cowboy steak was great. Bread pudding was to die for. Efficient good waitress. Amazing as expected and appreciated. AlohaSpecial Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014We had an amazing experience dining at this Ruth's Chris. Everyone was so polite and friendly and acknowledge our celebration. The waiter, Tani, was awesome!! He was so friendly and accommodating. We really appreciated the manager coming to our table to see how everyone was. He even took our wine bottle that we brought and washed it out and packaged it for us to take home. Very impressed and plan to return next time I visit Oahu.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food and atmosphere was great and the service was even better!!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerLovechrissteakno1Dined on 10/17/2014Should go before 18:00, they have a good course that makes you happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014Best of any I have been to before...great setting, vibrant bar, not too noisy. Fantastic local fish, great service...would go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprized!great4sureDined on 10/8/2014Got some negative reviews from chicago acquantinces. They were wrong..., at least about the one we went to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelove2eatoutDined on 10/8/2014As always we received great service and wonderful food; the only draw back on this visit was how loud and noisy it was......it certainly detracted a bit from the experience of dinning here that night .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohnVIPDined on 10/6/2014This was my first visit to any Ruth's Chris steak house and I can't say enough good things. My steak was wonderful and cooked to perfection. The super hot plate kept the steak warm through out the meal. Our waiter was great and the support staff was very professional. If you hate bad service then Ruth's Chris is the place to go to redeem your faith. On another note, I actually messed up my reservation on Open Table, my computer wasn't on Hawaii time, but the wonderful staff found me a table and things were great. Couldn't be more happy with this experience. When I get back home I will be taking my wife to the one in Providence.Special Features:
- Best Steaks in the U.S.!HIfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Waikiki Ruth Chris has wonderful service - truly attentive and thoughtful. We always love our steaks, but also enjoy the rack of lamb and the new addition of jalapeno mac and cheese is one of our standard side-dish orders now. Celebrated honey's BDay and was truly a delightful evening - hopefully we'll be back for mine!Special Features:
- Great!ElchisDined on 10/4/2014I was here celebrating my birthday. Everyone was great. This is one of my favorite restaurants to visit for special occasions or when I just want to eat a really good steak. I had the ribeye and it was cooked perfectly. I highly recommend this place and I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great place to eatRobertVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is my favorite steak house. Ironically i don't eat beef but this place has other great choices as well. Their food quality, super heated plates and preparation are outstanding. Service is good, servers can be a little stuck up, but the helpers and floor managers are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014The service we received was amazing. The food was amazing. The 2 times I been here were both worth it.Special Features:
- awesome x 10cjem3VIPDined on 9/17/2014Always over the top experience at this Ruth's Chris ! Brandon super service - AGAIN...Special Features:
- Brandon Kcjem3VIPDined on 9/14/2014Always ask for Brandon K - he's an awesome waiter !!! Food was over the top good - again ! Our 20th trip there and planning 20 moreSpecial Features:
- HawaiianFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Pleasant, efficient staff and steaks were "melt in your mouth." Our table had the filet and rib eye accompanied by fully loaded baked potato, shrooms and asparagus. The best!Special Features:
- Wonderful timeAngspanVIPDined on 9/8/2014We booked a late reservation but arrived earlier , they were able to accommodate us promptly .we were seated in a comfortable booth . I ordered a margarita while we waited for our meal and it was good although they could use better tequila . The appetizer we ordered was the tuna poke it was fantastic ,the main course consisted of rib eye , lamb cops , asparagus accompanied with hollandaise and the sweet potato casserole . We finished our meal with ice cream sundae . I would recommend Ruth Chris always.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed.JunkoDined on 9/7/2014I visited on my husband's birthday. Everyone served us was really good to us. Thanks for serving a special dessert for my husband!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badexperienceDined on 9/1/2014If only the service was as good as the food! And the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014日本語で。おいしかったです。肉が柔らかく、アメリカの肉でもおいしいのってあるんだと思わせてくれたお料理でした。Special Features:
- Great steakslillo1980Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful steaks: taste and cooking perfect. Dishes are very hot so the food remains eatable for more than 30 minutes...Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris never fails!ILoveFoodDined on 8/20/2014Went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate a friend's birthday last night. Over the years that I've been been to Ruth's Chris, I've always ordered the same thing and decided to try something different last night - Sweet Potato Casserole. We were all impressed! The pecan crust on top of the casserole was just perfect, excellent texture and slightly crunchy. My usual Ribeye steak was cooked to exactly how I liked it, medium rare with the right amount of fat to add to the flavor to the meat. The server Tylor was really funny and attentive and it was really nice that he presented our friend a special dish for her birthday. We will be back again! :)Special Features:
- Top Food - Top ServiceOzmuzziemooDined on 8/16/2014My Wife & I booked this Restuarant to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, we were not disappointed. The food & service was fantastic & they had scattered red rose petals on our table to recognize our anniversary. They also presented us with a special desert after the main course which was a beautiful gesture & the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stark-dinner experiencehiroterraDined on 8/10/2014I ordered the dished as below: Barbecued Shrimp, Sauteed Mushrooms, Filet, Ribeye. Every dish is delicious, and very friendly for Japanese guest with small kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime TimeYukariDined on 8/4/2014It was great that, the seats was wide, and good dishes. The service was wonderful. The menu of prime time were just fit to Japanese people. Petits fillet steaks were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!!!!TNJCDined on 8/2/2014The ribeye steak was very tough and chewy. Our waiter was friendly and helpful but he disappeared for about 30 minutes, had to ask to refill water and for a check twice. Would not comeback!Special Features:
- Way overpricedTravelersVIPDined on 8/1/2014Feel the meal we got while good was way out of line in terms of pricing, dessert was so dry we could not stomach it. Steaks were swimming in butter, by the way not everybody likes a pound of butter in their steaks. For the price I feel I should of left feeling full and satisfied when in fact I did not.
- Impeccable Service & Fabulous FoodHIfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014My favorite steak house for all the right reasons. The management/servers love their jobs and it shows. Ruth Chris Waikiki take care of the customers from the hostess to the servers to the bussers, which makes the entire dining experience memorable. Of course everything on the menu is delicious; starting with oysters Rockefeller to the rib-eye, lamb chops and all of the delicious sides. The new jalapeno mac and cheese is a new addition to our standard fare - delicious!Special Features:
- The following 470 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki Beach Walk reviews archive.
- swhiteDined on 7/29/2014Food and service were excellent. i would definitely return to this Ruths CristSpecial Features:
- Always a solid mealChuckVIPDined on 7/27/2014Ruths Chris is great! Sizzling plates, great steaks and drinks.Special Features:
- Night out in WaikikiDiverDownDined on 7/26/2014As locals we don't eat in Waikiki often and are usually downstairs at the Yardhouse but we would journey again just for Ruth Chris. Parking is easy and validated at the Embassy Suites valet stand, if you have time you can grab a great draught at the Yardhouse, then head up the escalators to Ruth Chris. We dined inside because we wanted a/c, but were given a choice. Outside is better for people watching on Lewers and the Beach Walk Had the filet and the ribeye with the blue cheese crust, a side of potato au gratin, and for starters the Oysters Rockefellar which came flamed with 151 and the Osso bucco ravioli which was wonderful. Service was terrific, he didn't rush us, we will come again.Special Features:
- Great MealCoachDined on 7/25/2014We made a last minute reservation for dinner which was accommodated. We were seated immediately upon arrival (10 minutes prior to reservation). Service was very good as our drink and food was served immediately when ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedSienajDined on 7/22/2014Every time when I visit Hawaii(Oafu and Big Island) my children request to visit this restaurant. We can definately enjoy very good food & wine, and nice service at Ruth.Special Features:
- Excellent!nysmDined on 7/13/2014Pat was an excellent server. She was warm, confident and self assured (in a good way) - we knew she was a seasoned, experienced server. She has a great rapport with people. She was attentive without hovering. Got down to our child's eye level to explain the menu to him and ask him questions. Prime Time prix-fix menu between 5-6pm is wonderful. David is the perfect manager. He is warm, friendly and very helpful. All the staff that came to our table were also the same - warm and friendly. We really enjoyed the music played that night - mix of genres, decades, artists, etc. Would love to have that play list! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnowmanDined on 7/10/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cook518Dined on 7/7/2014We had a great experience at Ruth's Chris Wakiki. Service was excellent! The ribeye was the best I have ever tasted and the dessert and pressed coffee was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience808DinerDined on 7/6/2014Ruth's Chris is a great place to enjoy tasty food and have a pleasant dinner. The wine list is good and complements the great steaks and sides. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and to ensure you are taken care of. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - even my vegetarian friend enjoyed herself.Special Features:
- Our table next to the kitchendil7liDined on 7/4/2014I was a little disappointed since I've booked the table from Hong Kong ahead of time, but they have provided a table just next to the kitchen. I brought 3 kids with me and I specifically requested a high chair for my 3 years daughter. The problem with the table next to the kitchen was server were holding up their ovals in and out above our kid's head. I was kinda worried since you can never foresee accident. Other than that, everything were perfect especially our server was very nice to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.