Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach
205 Central Park Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sizzlingsteak.com/
- Phone: 7572130747x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Our lounge opens daily at 4:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Rick Overbey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach offers 4 distinctive private dining rooms. The Boardroom for up to 14, The Library for up to 24 and The Chesapeake Rooms for up to 100 guests seated and 150 reception style.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Shumate 7577055251x
- Cross Street: Commerce Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages are available at the Westin Hotel, Cosmopolitan Apartments and the Armada Hoffler Tower. Non-metered two hour street parking is available throughout the Town Center. Valet is offered at $8.00 per vehicle.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach. Enjoy generous cuts of USDA Prime Midwestern beef, custom-aged to the peak of flavor, broiled to order at 1800 degrees & served sizzling. Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach offers a variety of exquisite dishes including live Maine lobster, the freshest seafood, chicken & lamb chops. An extensive wine list & private dining rooms are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (67)notable wine list (36)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A perfect meal at Ruth's ChrisMikeBDined on 8/28/2014I have dined at dozens of high end steakhouses, but none is as consistent as Ruth's Chris for quality of food and service. This was our first visit to the VA Beach location and we were not disappointed. Fork tender filet mignons cooked perfectly, fantastic chopped salads, and delectable sides (potatoes Au gratin and fresh peas) made for a perfect meal to cap off our VA Beach vacation. Service was exceptional, and the drink special was delicious as was the wine recommended by our server. We will definitely return to this location the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madmax1Dined on 8/27/2014It was my dads 80th birthday. You guys made him feel real special. The food was excellent like always.Special Features:
- Great Venue for Business MeetingrdrjrcecDined on 8/24/2014I was asked by the CEO to obtain a private dining area in close proximity to the Hilton Garden Inn. Ruth's Chris was the only restaurant that could accommodate this request and also offer great food and a very pleasant dining experience. Would highly recommend the "boardroom" for business lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrispandaDined on 8/23/2014Took my wife there for her birthday and it was excellent, as this restaurant usually is. The wait staff was very attentive and was there when we needed them. The steaks are far above the average steak house fare. We ordered the filets as we have found them to generally be better than the other cuts they offer. The sides are very good, although not particularly exceptional. The cost to dine here is several times what we ordinarily spend to have dinner, but once in a while for a special occasion it is nice to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Virginia BeachbayagentDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House this past Friday evening and were extremely pleased with the ambience, the outstanding service, and the food. She had the 80z filet with scallops and shrimp special and I ordered the large filet (which was huge). They were both cooked to perfection ... mine a perfect medium rare and perfect medium for her. Her baked potato was huge and delicious. I ordered the crisp shoestring potatoes which were served inside of a cloth napkin. They were delicious, but not the crispness I expected because of the steam created by the fries inside the napkin. I Suggest no napkin. Will we return? By all means. We loved it. Virginia Beach is extremely lucky to have such an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our food took the longest time to come out. When it came out the food was not done to our liking.
- Great food!Vabeach24Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was worth the price! Great night out for a special occasion. We made reservations and were seated immediately. Service was great and they paid special attention to the fact that we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!WineAndDineDined on 8/16/2014Every time my wife and I dine at Ruth Chris it's always top notch service. The waiters are always knowledgeable about the menu, wine and they always have very whitty personalities. The food is always cooked just right. My wife and I enjoy every minute there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!NsuredDined on 8/16/2014As always, Ruth's Chris did not fail. Had a wonderful dinner with great food. The staff is amongst the finest in the restaurant business. If you enjoy fine dining and great food, make a reservation today! Thanks for the great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisopentableguyDined on 8/15/2014Ruth Chris was really good! There was warm, sizzling steaks. The service was great! The waiter was nice and talked about everything that he liked.Special Features:
- Special occasionNYXplantDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary with an excellent dinner. Good service, good food and attentive staff. We requested a booth and we got one. They even printed out a custom menu for us. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time complaintSharonC6Dined on 8/12/2014Been here numerous times & have always had an extremely pleasant experience. Food was excellent as usual. Gaston is our favorite waiter but his assistant was not up to par. He removed my dessert plate that I had only half eaten and I had to stop him from walking away with it before I could tell him I wanted to take the remaining dessert home. Then I got an annoyed look. Don't need attitude with my steak. Management spoke to me about my complaint. Like I said, first ever criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDateNightDined on 8/7/2014Food and ambience were great. The food was amazing and perfectly cooked. The environment was romantic and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. Algeania FreemanLadyAlDined on 8/7/2014The dining experience last evening at the Ruth's Chris Steak House in Virginia Beach was superb! The waiter, wait staff, managers, and all staff persons exceeded excellence in delivering a wonderful fine dining experience. George, our waiter, provided great service, and he paid attention to every detail. I have always found that dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House is always a fantastic experience where ever I travel across America. Last evening, I was celebrating getting over my breast cancer surgery, and the dining experience made me feel special again and that life is worth living. May God continue to bless Ruth's Chris Steak House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diana was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014If for no other reasons, our server Diana was AMAZING! My husband and I enjoy dining out and she was by far the best server that we've ever had. She addressed us by name the entire dinner service and was quite helpful in helping us select our meal. Kudos to her for EXCELLENT customer service! The food was amazing as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EnvironmentkdavDined on 8/1/2014We gathered for a farewell dinner a the closing of our offices. The food was great, the service excellent and prompt. Our waiter had a bit of an Italian accent (which was charming) but sometimes difficult to understand. All in all - a very fine dining experience. The Chocolate Explosion dessert was well worth the wait!Special Features:
- Great Steaks!BshepnnfdDined on 7/31/2014The best steaks that I ever had in my life. So tender you can cut it with a fork and the waiting staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good fooddeeandkevDined on 7/31/2014The steaks were cooked perfectly. The atmosphere was elegant and very comfortable.Special Features:
- Superb experience!CityGirl1118Dined on 7/31/2014Outstanding experience celebrating our wedding anniversary! Food & Service is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thing I Have Ever HadUpandcomerDined on 7/30/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House in Virginia Beach was one of if not the best dining experience I have ever had. From the service when you walk in, to the food, wine, dessert, and just overall experience, everything was perfect. I took my girlfriend there for a night out while on vacation and we couldnt have been happier. The Prime Filet was the best steak I have ever eaten. The Raspberry Sorbet was to die for. The staff, general manager, and chefs were all so polite, professional and made the experience something to remember. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2014Obviously pre-made and heated up when ordered. I don't mind paying for good food if it is well prepared and high quality. This was neither.
- VA Mini VACAdavidDined on 7/26/2014went there for our 1 year anniversary. never a disappointment. ambiance and setting enhanced our evening. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacejoshmanDined on 7/22/2014My fiance and I had got engaged at the restaurant the staff helped every step of the way and even brought the wring out on a dessert dish for me the food and drinks are pricey but you get more than what you pay for the steak I was served was unlike any I've had before 100% satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High endGatekeeperDined on 7/21/2014Very clean and respectable restaurant. Staff are definitely very professional and classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMrsWDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time at the Virginia Beach Ruth's Chris though we've visited others. Overall the food was very good. However, I ordered a ribeye and it was probably one of the worse steaks I've ever tasted (which was surprising considering the restaurant). It was cooked perfectly, it just tasted gamy. Very unfortunate. Lyonnaise potatoes had to be swapped for mashed potatoes. My husbands stuffed chicken was delectable. Our drinks and appetizers were pleasing. The server was knowledgeable and offered some great suggestions, such as the corn chowder that we enjoyed. Diners at a table close to ours had an infant who cried some during dinner, very distracting since we came out to dinner to get a break from our infant daughter!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2Ikeman83Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I made a reservation for a Friday night at 730 PM. On arriving, we were immediately seated at our table, which was immaculate. Our server was knowledgable, cordial, and unintrusive. His assistant kept our table immaculate, but not in a fashion that felt "hurried". Our table was never cluttered, and plates were cleared before new courses were brought, with bread crumbs removed from the table before each new course. The food was exquisite, and well presented. The cocktails and wine we ordered were well presented, and appropriately priced. The noise level was such that it didn't interfere with normal conversation at our table, however the table wasn't anything special. It felt like any other table in a restaurant. Fine Dining.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great food and service. Staff and management was very attentive. Overall experience was very good. Parking was a little tough. They have valet but it was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This location exceeds other Ruth's Chris locations we've been to in the area of service levels. It was evident from the moment we walked in the door. We were made to feel like VIP's.Special Features:
- Always greatkjd1983VIPDined on 7/11/2014Yet another great meal with top notch service. I have never been disappointed hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksSteakLoverDined on 7/11/2014I like Ruth's Chris for one thing, the steaks. I had an 11oz filet cooked medium well and it was perfect. I ate the whole thing. No extra fat or gristle. The service was excellent. I don't really care for the way sides are offered though. Also, the noise level was a bit too loud for a private conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A FavemmbsabDined on 7/6/2014We have always enjoyed dining here, even if it's only once a year! Impeccable experience every time. Consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28th Anniversary CelebrationdobieDined on 7/5/2014Excellent steaks, good wine, great bread and outstanding service from Bradley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnersellhomzDined on 6/29/2014Yes its a great place for a special event and a great dinner experience! Food and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedljdinesVIPDined on 6/20/2014While the food is very good it is not quite worth the price. For what is charged the food should be extraordinary.
- Reliably OutstandingVirginiaDined on 6/18/2014Ruth's is a oasis of outstanding food and service. It is wonderful to find this old friend along our path of travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night outFoodieDined on 6/8/2014This is me and my girlfriends' favorite meeting place by far! We enjoy it every time we come.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable steak housePhilCTDined on 6/4/2014Very good quality steaks and friendly, attentive service. Went there for a business dinner and everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations as UsualEbonyDined on 5/26/2014The customer service to the quality of the food was perfect. It is always a delight to dine at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Delicious food and Shane, our waiter, was around when needed, but not hovering. Great ambience!Special Features:
- Incredible Food!AlanDDined on 5/22/2014As always, Ruth's Chris provided impeccable steaks and delicious sides and desserts. This was our second visit and the food did not disappoint. However, the service was not as attentive or impressive as the first visit. I have no qualms about recommending this restaurant for a special occasion!Special Features: