Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach
205 Central Park Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sizzlingsteak.com/
- Phone: (757) 213-0747
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Our lounge opens daily at 4:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Rick Overbey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach offers 4 distinctive private dining rooms. The Boardroom for up to 14, The Library for up to 24 and The Chesapeake Rooms for up to 100 guests seated and 150 reception style.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Shumate 7577055251x
- Cross Street: Commerce Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages are available at the Westin Hotel, Cosmopolitan Apartments and the Armada Hoffler Tower. Non-metered two hour street parking is available throughout the Town Center. Valet is offered at $8.00 per vehicle.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach. Enjoy generous cuts of USDA Prime Midwestern beef, custom-aged to the peak of flavor, broiled to order at 1800 degrees & served sizzling. Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach offers a variety of exquisite dishes including live Maine lobster, the freshest seafood, chicken & lamb chops. An extensive wine list & private dining rooms are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (64)notable wine list (33)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Off NightDissapointedDined on 11/21/2014I have always enjoyed Ruth's Chris, always. The food was great as it always is, I just did not care for our server and felt the service was lack luster. We were there for my husband's birthday, the annual pilgrimage to celebrate. I heard our waitress asking other tables as they were seated if they were there celebrating anything but never asked us if we were. She took a long time to even come over and say hello, to the point that I was going to go to the hostess stand and ask where our waitress was. The assistant waiter was fine, though we didnt see him often. The attitude, lack of attention, and general unpleasantness toward us by our waitress was not typical of Ruth's Chris and EXTREMELY disappointing. Especially when over my shoulder I heard another waitress going out of her way for her tables and checking on them regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat your tongue to a party!!!KaiJamarDined on 11/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Gaston and Garon were very attentive, knowledgable, friendly, and entertaining as well. We have found our new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I came here on a date with my girlfriend this past weekend and the food was delicious and the wine was very good. We made reservations for 8 and we were seated by 815, we were in a very quiet area which I enjoyed so we could have an intimate date without over hearing anybody elses conversations. We both enjoyed the date at Ruth's Chris. I definitely recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay nightgrissethDined on 11/15/2014i had made reservations for my husband welcome home ( 9 month deployment) i called ahead so they can have something special , they told me they would decorate the table. We got there and nothing happen, after we got done w dinner i complain and manager brought a dessert which i had already got one for my husband. I was very annoy and mad since our special occasion was just like any other dinner. Plus the waiter was prob new since he didn't know much about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrandyDined on 11/10/2014Food and staff were super EXCEPT that my steak arrived before I finished my salad. I felt rushed like a fast food restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Romantic Date Night SpotFoodie23456Dined on 11/7/2014My boyfriend and I love coming here for special occasions or just for a date night when we need a nice night out of being pampered. I especially love their wedge salad - which is one of my favorites around town. I've tried several alternate entrees here (chicken, crab cakes, chilean sea bass) and I'd say stick to the steak - it is, after all, what they're known for. The sweet potatoes are an amazing side - they're served with a brown sugar and nut crust and they are a personal favorite. Service is almost always excellent. They really spoil you - even scraping the crumbs from the fresh warm bread and whipped butter (yum) off the table before your entree plates are brought. Creme brûlée is delicious here - vanilla bean with berries.Special Features:
- Nice evening outbrizhunnyDined on 11/6/2014I was 30 min late for my reservation due to weather and horrible traffic but it seemed that several others were late as well and they gave me no trouble about it. They checked my wet coat for free. We were seated immediately but our server Shannon seemed to not be around very often. She did ok but usually the service is EXCELLENT so this lack really stood out. It was still a very nice evening. The steak, blueberry mojito and cheesecake were the highlights of the meal.Special Features:
- real serviceJandDDined on 11/5/2014Had a great dinner with superior service. My wife ordered a custom drink with honey, a special salad without lettuce and substitutions for her entree and all were done without a problem.Special Features:
- Delcious well-servedGarnoldvbDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I were enjoying a special occasion and had kot been to Ruth's in years. We were immediately won over by the aroma of sizzling steaks at te next table and the level of service. The wine and cocktail lists were excellent, and the friendly service remained attentive and friendly throught the evening, just right. The food was outstanding, with the steaks beautifully seared and seasoned, just the right temperature. The vegetable sides were fresh and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and it was everything and more! The staff were friendly and hospitable. The food was incredible and there was even little happy birthday confetti on the table. They pay attention to detail both with the service and with the food. My husband and I were very impressed and I thought it was definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingbirthdayDined on 11/2/2014The staff made this special occasion unforgettable. The food was the best. He had the cowboy steak & I had the crab cakes. Sweet potatoes casserole awesome, side of tomatoes awesome everything was great. A little pricey but worth it for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsDLD57Dined on 10/29/2014Ruth's Chris Steakhouse has great service in a nice location. The food was very good, but the menu options are somewhat limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's chrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014They treat us like royalty every single time we've dined there.Special Features:
- First visitConnoisseurDined on 10/24/2014Everything was wonderful to the palate. I had a craving for seafood. The spicy lobster and crab cakes were very pleasing to my appetite, complemented by the creamed spinach, corn chowder and a bit of sweet potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Each time my fiance and I visit, the staff is always kind and the food is always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for DinnerAnniversaryDined on 10/18/2014We are regulars at Ruth Chris and this was our 2nd time visiting the Virginia Beach location. All I can say was WOW! We had a great meal and our waiter George was Outstanding!! His witty sense of humor and outstanding customer service was a great way to end our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlove4foodDined on 10/18/2014I had heard that Ruth's was expensive and it is a little but well worth it if you love steak. The environment was beautiful and inviting. They came out with a cake and candle for my spouse's birthday without asking, our server seemed nervous but very professional and willing to get all we needed. Overall, great experience I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Noise level was great. Only one table of rowdy kids. But other than that perfect place to spend an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfessionalRickDined on 10/1/2014Professional as always.service and food hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in VBFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Best steak and overall best restaurant in the Virginia Beach area.Special Features:
- YummyPumpkinDined on 9/26/2014Ruth Chris never disappoints. They have the best steaks ever!!! They melt in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Steak had no flavor. When I asked how if they aged there steak I was told by server that the steak was aged in water. Really?
- Almost PerfectHungry1Dined on 9/16/2014Service was FANTASTIC. Appetizer (Shrimp) was nearly the best we've had. The steak (my NY strip and his prime rib) unfortunately was over-cooked and charred. The spinach had no flavor whatsoever and we should have gone with mashed potatoes instead of the diced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!AeckroteDined on 9/13/2014Took my wife to Ruth Chris for the first time for our first wedding anniversary, we had George as a server and he was amazing, the food was even more amazing! We were both extremely pleased! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't feel like a "chain"lebsinngDined on 9/9/2014Dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is always a very good experience. It seems more like a standalone steakhouse than a chain (franchise). I've been to six different establishments across the country and the food, ambiance and service are reliably very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday dinnerBagigioDined on 9/5/2014This was the first time my husband and I have fined at Ruth's Chris. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service & Food!TashaBDined on 8/30/2014I never write reviews but I must commend Ruth's Chris on their outstanding service & delicious food!!I celebrated my 3 year anniversary here & it was my first time there.I wish I could remember the servers name because he was great but I'm horrible with names!anyway he was very informative & gave us some history about the restaurant.he was helpful in helping us decide which dish fit wat we were looking for.We ordered the Porterhouse steak for 2,a side of creamed spinach & side of mashed potatoes.OMG the steak melts in ur mouth & is hands down the best steak I have ever had in my life!no exaggerating.the sides were excellent as well.Just a lil tip.the sides are big enough for 2 to share.This restaurant is Outstanding!wont be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect meal at Ruth's ChrisMikeBDined on 8/28/2014I have dined at dozens of high end steakhouses, but none is as consistent as Ruth's Chris for quality of food and service. This was our first visit to the VA Beach location and we were not disappointed. Fork tender filet mignons cooked perfectly, fantastic chopped salads, and delectable sides (potatoes Au gratin and fresh peas) made for a perfect meal to cap off our VA Beach vacation. Service was exceptional, and the drink special was delicious as was the wine recommended by our server. We will definitely return to this location the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madmax1Dined on 8/27/2014It was my dads 80th birthday. You guys made him feel real special. The food was excellent like always.Special Features:
- Great Venue for Business MeetingrdrjrcecDined on 8/24/2014I was asked by the CEO to obtain a private dining area in close proximity to the Hilton Garden Inn. Ruth's Chris was the only restaurant that could accommodate this request and also offer great food and a very pleasant dining experience. Would highly recommend the "boardroom" for business lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrispandaDined on 8/23/2014Took my wife there for her birthday and it was excellent, as this restaurant usually is. The wait staff was very attentive and was there when we needed them. The steaks are far above the average steak house fare. We ordered the filets as we have found them to generally be better than the other cuts they offer. The sides are very good, although not particularly exceptional. The cost to dine here is several times what we ordinarily spend to have dinner, but once in a while for a special occasion it is nice to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Virginia BeachbayagentDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House this past Friday evening and were extremely pleased with the ambience, the outstanding service, and the food. She had the 80z filet with scallops and shrimp special and I ordered the large filet (which was huge). They were both cooked to perfection ... mine a perfect medium rare and perfect medium for her. Her baked potato was huge and delicious. I ordered the crisp shoestring potatoes which were served inside of a cloth napkin. They were delicious, but not the crispness I expected because of the steam created by the fries inside the napkin. I Suggest no napkin. Will we return? By all means. We loved it. Virginia Beach is extremely lucky to have such an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our food took the longest time to come out. When it came out the food was not done to our liking.
- Great food!Vabeach24Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was worth the price! Great night out for a special occasion. We made reservations and were seated immediately. Service was great and they paid special attention to the fact that we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!WineAndDineDined on 8/16/2014Every time my wife and I dine at Ruth Chris it's always top notch service. The waiters are always knowledgeable about the menu, wine and they always have very whitty personalities. The food is always cooked just right. My wife and I enjoy every minute there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!NsuredDined on 8/16/2014As always, Ruth's Chris did not fail. Had a wonderful dinner with great food. The staff is amongst the finest in the restaurant business. If you enjoy fine dining and great food, make a reservation today! Thanks for the great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisopentableguyDined on 8/15/2014Ruth Chris was really good! There was warm, sizzling steaks. The service was great! The waiter was nice and talked about everything that he liked.Special Features:
- Special occasionNYXplantDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary with an excellent dinner. Good service, good food and attentive staff. We requested a booth and we got one. They even printed out a custom menu for us. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time complaintSharonC6Dined on 8/12/2014Been here numerous times & have always had an extremely pleasant experience. Food was excellent as usual. Gaston is our favorite waiter but his assistant was not up to par. He removed my dessert plate that I had only half eaten and I had to stop him from walking away with it before I could tell him I wanted to take the remaining dessert home. Then I got an annoyed look. Don't need attitude with my steak. Management spoke to me about my complaint. Like I said, first ever criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDateNightDined on 8/7/2014Food and ambience were great. The food was amazing and perfectly cooked. The environment was romantic and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.