Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner
8521 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/17059/Vienn(TysonsCorner)
- Phone: 7038484290
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH:Monday-Friday 11:30pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jean Bosch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Vienna (Tysons Corner), VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 7038484290
- Special Events: Celebrating the special occasion or simply spending time with those who mean the most. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Specializes in making your experience memorable. For your convenience, we now offer one half dozen bouquet of professionally arranged ros
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Vienna, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (45)notable wine list (34)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Birthday DinnermedinaDined on 8/25/2014This was for my daughter's 15th birthday and it was her choice to come here after we visited for my son's 21st birthday. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!TeddyDined on 8/24/2014Worth it and always great food and even better service.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris never disappointsJandDDined on 8/18/2014Excellent Service, wonderful food, somewhat pricey. But you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Over priceMeatloverDined on 8/17/2014I asked for medium well for steak but it came as well done. It was also really salty and hard to chew. It was not worthy to spend $34 for 6oz meat.
- Don't bother with 2 restaurant weekKittyDined on 8/17/2014We had been to this Ruth's Chris before and LOVED it. We took 3 friends, as they had never been before...very disappointed. My friend, who went to culinary school, noticed right away that there was something off with the servers, and she made the comment "the wait staff here hates restaurant week, I can tell". Our waiter did a mediocre job, something that you would expect at Ruby Tuesdays, not Ruth's Chris. He messed up my order, my side was cold, and everyone got the wrong salad at first. He also was very lazy on how he opened and served our wine, and had the person sitting closest to him test it out. He was just disengaged. We were seated at a very bad table. We spent plenty of mony, since we ordered wine, so he got a good tip anyway.
- Always SolidPeterMcLeanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoy Ruth's Chris for its location and consistency. Honestly, we don't eat the steaks too much any more -- that is a comment on our diet preferences, not the fine quality of their beef -- but the stuffed chicken breast is outstanding. I know its a national chain, but for us its a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- OkFoodGreatfoodVIPDined on 8/15/2014This time the food wasn't great as before for DC restaurant week. And we got less filet and big piece of chicken and chicken didn't have much taste at all.Special Features:
- disappointedlsb1208Dined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend. Unfortunately she had me expecting a wonderful a dining experience and great food..the ambience was wonderful and the restaurant was very upscale. However, the food did not match the look or the praise I heard about the food. My steak was not seasoned anddry. I ordered avmedium rare and somehow the steak still had no flavor and was stiff. Very underwhelming. The waitress was nice and added an extra dessert. It still did not make up for the poor food quality. I would not go back and glad I tried it during restaurant week. According to my friend, my friend the food only v got betterSpecial Features:
- First clasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was first class, from the ambiance to the service to the food.Special Features:
- Great food, lousy serviceLookB4eatingDined on 8/14/2014Tried this restaurant during restaurant week. Initial greeting was timely, but then everything started going downhill after that. The food, when delivered, was great. But our waiter was missing most of the time. After 20 mins of an empty glass of wine (our first, ordered pre-meal) we had to ask a roaming manager for another. Did not get water refilled without asking another waiter. After receiving desert, we had to ask for cutlery. All the food was delivered by other wait staff. 2.5 hours later, we finally escaped. Tables around us had different waiters assigned - ours apparently was working a large group. My recommendation - ask to be seated away from groups, you'll probably have a much better experience!Special Features:
- Fab food but takes timeNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went for work lunch and the DC restaurant menu. Great event menu. Had ceasar salad, grilled duo of filet & chicken, side of creamed spinach and raspberry sorbet. All delicious! Drawback was this took almost 2 hours! Thats fine at dinner but on a work day it was a problem for the 4 of us. Wasn't that it was that busy-- there were just long, long gaps between seeing our waiter and items arriving at our table. Especially dessert and our check. May return for dinner or HH but cant do lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food but at a costSAKfoodieDined on 8/13/2014I had salmon with creamed spinach for dinner, Caesar salad for appetizer and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Food was served hot except salad of course, looked fresh, and good sized portion of fish and spinach (entree). Glasses of water were refilled and we got the requested second on bread. Staff was very nice and engaging - very busy given the restaurant was packed. Overall it was too noisy for us to actually hear each other across the table without talking loudly which meant the table next to us probably heard everything. Additionally I would have liked something more than just lettuce and a scoop of ice cream for appetizer and dessert. Given the cost, appetizer and dessert small size and the noise the highest this rates is a 4.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous beef/chicken; bad crabcakeFoodloverVirginiaDined on 8/13/2014My wife got the mixed grill (filet/ chicken/crab cake). I got the filet/shrimp combination. She ordered her filet well-done; mine was medium. Both steaks were cooked perfectly. Hers was as tender as mine despite the extra cooking; chicken was similarly great. However, her crab cake had a strong "fishy" taste which we both noticed. My shrimp were ok but nothing special. Next time I'll get a larger filet and skip all seafood. Service was attentive but seemed a little unprofessional. Perhaps our server was new. The manager dropped by our table twice to ask how things were going, as did another senior waiter. Management gets a high rating for tending to customers. Ruth's Chris is still our favorite of the steak house chains- we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic spotJeroddDined on 8/13/2014I went for restaurant week. The ambiance was amazing. I parked in the garage out back so there was plenty of parking. nice waiting area while you wait for a table. It was a special event menu with limited options, so not too much to say about food options. The ice cream was good but I should have had the salmon for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mommy/son lunch2014Dined on 8/13/2014Service was awesome, but our server, Sarah was AMAZING!!! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great, as always.VAnativeDined on 8/13/2014Four of us went for Restaurant Week and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and Sara's service. The only thing one person commented on was that the chicken breast was a little dry around the skin but it didn't keep her from eating it! The filets and salmon were done to perfection. Great opportunity for those of us who are retired to enjoy a special luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so mealLovetoeatDined on 8/13/2014We came for Restaurant Week and the menu is so much smaller than what they usually have. I ordered the Grill Duo and I wasn't impressed with the chicken. We were all saying that peruvian chicken was way better than that. It was very dry and tasteless. Service was also bad. We waited so long for our food. We only saw our server once the entire time we were there.Special Features:
- DisappointedDanaDined on 8/13/2014This was the first time at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tyson's and it was not good. Our group went for lunch and it was disappointing to say the least. The steak was ok but the chicken was extremely dry. Surprisingly slow service since the restaurant was not packed. We ordered immediately but the waiters were slow to bring food and take away our plates. The waiters may not be able to control the kitchen but they can take our plates in a reasonable time once we have finished. We almost had to ask them to take the plates. I really do not like writing a bad review for the Tyson's location but I have been many times to the Fairfax Corner Ruth's Chris and food & service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- not great for restaurant week lunchJanisnvicDined on 8/13/2014I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the food served for the restaurant week lunch. the choice was salmon or a mixed grill, i chose the mixed grill which was a 4 oz filet and small piece of baked chicken.The 4oz filet was not of high quality ..and not sure it was 4 oz..and the chicken was cooked quickly so the meat was tough and dry ...they tried to disguise it by drowning it in butter. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for restaurant week , i'm not sure why they participate if they aren't willing to show there guests the respect of serving high quality entrées of which the restaurants reputation would suggest.
- Decent placeWangsta23Dined on 8/12/2014Mix between high society and young corporate wannabes talking up a big game but actually are very duchy. Wish it was an all class crowd. Waiter looked at me like I was a cheap table when in fact I could have spent $250 on myself, so to spite him I got the restaurant week prix fix.Special Features:
- Stick with MortonskreviewerDined on 8/12/2014Decided to branch out from our routine anniversary dinner at Mortons and went to Ruth's Chris. Wrong choice....the sides we ordered were not extraordinary and the steaks were overcooked. Service was lacking and did not feel very welcoming. Will stick with Morton's for future special occasions.
- Not impressed by RW dinnerdonnasundaeDined on 8/12/2014This was for Restaurant Week: The Caesar salad was delicious. The steak was not exciting, the mashed potatoes were dull, and I was not impressed. The creamed spinach was really tasty! The desert was boring. If I were to return for a regular dinner, I would hope the steak might be more tender and more exciting.Special Features:
- Disappointing-Restaurant WeekDottieDined on 8/12/2014Choices during restaurant were disappointing. We come for the filet and neither the Filet or crab cakes were available this year so we chose Filet/ Chicken Duo. Filet was so small and chicken was plentiful but didn't have flavor and was so dry you couldn't eat it. Three choices of dessert: chocolate, vanilla and sherbet - Really now. Came twice last year because the filet and crab cakes were two choices, both of which were delicious and plentiful. What happened this year? We are not coming back next year. We went to two other restaurants and were not disappointed in entrees or desserts.
- Restaurant Weekmdcc3vDined on 8/12/2014The options for restaurant week was bad. You had a choice of 4oz steak and chicken or the salmon. In prior years it was a 6oz steak or chicken or salmon or crab cakes. All in our party of 6 got the steak and chicken. The steak was good but very small and no one ate the chicken. I wish that they had given us a larger piece steak without the chicken. I'm not sure that any of us would go back.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak House ReviewstewartdsDined on 8/11/2014This is my favorite restaurant, so I am always satisfied with the food and service. I was kind of disappointed in the restaurant week portions this year, as I can see the portions are getting smaller, such as the crab cake; and they are taking away some things, such as the cheesecake for dessert. Other than that, the service was great, and the food was still wonderful.Special Features:
- First time visitorBassettHoundDined on 8/11/2014This was my first time at Ruth's Chris. The decor is very nice at this Tysons Corner location. Everyone at our table bought the chicken and filet combo. The filet was excellent, but the chicken was bland. The assistant waiters were very efficient with bringing water and bread, but our main waiter was somewhat slow. Another table that arrived and ordered after we did got their salads before we did. The timing between finishing our salads and our food arriving was perfect. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding food!!!JbrandcwrDined on 8/10/2014I would recommend Ruth's Chris to anyone. The food is consistently great, the service is terrific. It is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love TC//Ruth's ChrisPamela20147VIPDined on 8/9/2014It was another excellent meal at Ruth's Chris in Tyson's Corner. It was a birthday dinner - table for 4 - in the wine room which made it exceptionally special. The service was outstanding as was the food. The Lobster Mac & Cheese was something new we tried -pretty great. The chicken, petite filet and petite filet with shrimp and the 16oz ribeye were all cooked to perfection. But then after dinner arrived the birthday cheesecake (with a candle) and our server with a camera for a birthday picture (total surprise) which was printed and delivered to the birthday girl (ME) in a nice RC photo card before we left. The cheesecake was devoured - light and delicious. Boy, I just love this restaurant whether its for a biz lunch or nice dinner!Special Features:
- Fussy toddlertastyVIPDined on 8/4/2014The service, food and wine are all first rate. Unfortunately, a table was later seated beside us with a fussy toddler. Poor planning by by the hostess. We asked to be moved and were quickly accommodated. Issue resolved, we enjoyed the rest of our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snaxholeDined on 8/4/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris Steak House at Tysons Corner on many occasions and we were very satisfied with the food and service. On this last occasion however the service was atrocious and the steak very fatty. The complimentary desert did not compensate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish as alwaysSteakluva24VIPDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the great food and atmosphere about this place. The seating accommodations were perfect, the service from valet, checking in and service was impeccable! The food as always was done just right. The steak was ordered medium rare and delivered to me as requested, perfect! A must visit if you are in the DC or Tyson's area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate but Not Great!ByronVIPDined on 7/31/2014I've been coming to Ruth Chris for years and have enjoyed the consistent high quality food in a comfortable yet vibrant setting. This time however was a miss. The service was great but the drinks at the bar not very good and the rib eye steak was bland and flavorless - very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDinnerDined on 7/22/2014We arrived an hour earlier than our reservation and was seated within minutes. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Family ReunionGanymomVIPDined on 7/20/2014All the steaks were perfect and the service was outstanding for our family reunion of 4 young adults and 3 "mature" adults. We enjoyed the seasonal cocktail menu at the start. The appetizer platter of tuna, shrimp cocktail and crab martini was a perfect solution for our table to share. After delicious appetizers, salads and steaks, there was no room for dessert.Special Features:
- Great SteakssteakloverDined on 7/18/2014Went to restaurant with friends for a night out. Loved it so much, I ended up at the same restaurant 3 days later to celebrate my 45th birthday. The steaks are some of the best cuts of meat I have ever had and the sides and appetizers are phenomenal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food & Service ExperienceChristineDC2014VIPDined on 7/17/2014My family and I enjoyed a marvelous Family Reunion dinner on a Thursday evening. Bar was lively, lending a festive air. Dining area was quiet and we were able to hear each other well, especially considering we had a large table. Food was all that my brother and I (the hosts) hoped for, and Sarah, our server surprised us with a group photo courtesy of Ruth Chris. Lovely touch to a terrific evening.Special Features:
- Great food, great service, priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We went to Ruth Chris's Steak House in Tysons prior to attending a show at Wolf Trap. We dined in the lounge area, which was very nice and basically empty at 5:15 PM on Sunday. Our server was extremely attentive and offered many suggestions, as to food pairings, and choices. The filet was one of the best I have ever had and the sweet potato casserole was amazing. They had a very nice cabernet sauvignon on the happy hour menu, which went well with our dinner choice. Although I thought the prices were high I will definately add this to my list of special occasion go-tos.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceDougDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter made our evening. We celebrated our 18th anniversary and he took excellent care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a 10StiggVIPDined on 7/9/2014Consistent grewt food and service make this location a 10. I don't eat steak often at all but it's consistently excellent. The stuffed chicken is incredible and the tuna appetizer is off the hook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and service as we celebrated out anniversary.Special Features: