Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner
8521 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/17059/Vienn(TysonsCorner)
- Phone: (703) 848-4290
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH:Monday-Friday 11:30pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jean Bosch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Vienna (Tysons Corner), VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 7038484290
- Special Events: Celebrating the special occasion or simply spending time with those who mean the most. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Specializes in making your experience memorable. For your convenience, we now offer one half dozen bouquet of professionally arranged ros
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Vienna, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tyson's Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (39)notable wine list (30)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LOVE THEM...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Its pricey but if you treat yourself once a blue moon like i do... its well worth it! I would definitely recommend them...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseBobFVVIPDined on 11/17/2014One of my two "go to" steak houses in Tyson's, love this place. Nice, spacious bar where you can really relax - big wine selection at the bar and great cocktails. I had a special "bone-in filet mignon" which I think is something they made up but it was prepared well. Was not crowded but we felt like we did not get good attention from our waiter. 2010 Chimney Rock "Elevage" was delicious wine selection. The rest of the staff, including bar staff and hostess staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014We had never been to a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse before, but this experience was was nothing short of extraordinary. The food was outstanding, as was our server. I would highly recommend a Ruth's Chris to anyone looking for one of the best meals of their lives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleStiggVIPDined on 10/30/2014Got a few things for the table for a birthday dinner. First service was impeccable. Picture and desert for birthday celebration and everything was a ten. Next the NY strip blackened to perfection was one of the most flavorful steaks I have ever had. All the food was perfect! Try the ahi tuna. It's the best! I always go light butter on everything as a suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak around DC7hom7homVIPDined on 10/25/2014RC-Tyson's continues to set the standard for best meat, best prepared beef in the DC area. Great service included gracefully splitting an appetizer salad amongst three and a complimentary piece of dark chocolate cake covered in chocolate with chocolate sprinkles for the birthday boy, again, served for three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beebeeVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was expertly prepared - - - just as ordered. The service was outstanding. This was a birthday celebration and we all enjoyed ourselves with a feast.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner7yearstrongDined on 10/18/2014Restaurant went above and beyond for our seven year anniversary. They decorated the table with rose petals and confetti and even served a complimentary dessert with 'Happy Anniversary' written on the plate. The food was as always excellent. We love this location and will continue to frequent the Tysons Corner Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices have gone upUALCaptDined on 10/14/2014We have dined at various Ruth's Chris Steak houses over the years, but doubt that we will go out of our way to do so again. The reason? The $50 price tag of a petite fillet. They have priced themselves out of my market.Special Features:
- SuperbFlavorJunkieVIPDined on 10/11/2014It was everything you hope for when going to an elegant steakhouse. The food was perfectly prepared, from the steaks to the sides to the dessert. The service was similarly flawless. It was an excellent dining experience.
- Had not been in a while...Rauzer01Dined on 10/4/2014Was my first time at this location but have been to dozens of RC's across the country. First opinion was that the ambiance was spot on and classic as I remembered. Made reservation for 5:00 due to a later commitment. Was "surprised" at the dress allowed... I mean people in jogging shorts. Please set a minimum dress code. Maybe it's because of the early dinner time they were allowed in? Definitely not what I remember Ruth's Chris clientele to be. Service was good, but felt rushed... server kept inching away as I was still ordering. Meals were delicious, as expected. Meal prices were extremely high, also as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob & SueragtimeDined on 9/23/2014Had a wonderful dinner while visiting in the area. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Food was as good as we expected and we even went for a desert. Will good back here again when our travels take us to this area!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAlex745Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary dining at Ruth Chris's steakhouse in Tyson's Corner, VA on Saturday 9/20/14. The service was great and the food was impeccable! our food arrived hot and in a timely fashion, everything that we ordered was very tasty and satisfying! We will definitely visit again as well as refer our friends and family to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as a steakhouse can beMarkdineDined on 9/13/2014You know what you're going to get at Ruth's Chris and the Tysons branch delivers without fail time and again. Quality steaks, a nice atmosphere, solid service and a suitable wine list. It's our favorite among the tons of upscale steakhouses in the D.C. area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love the steaks at Ruth's Chris and the shrimp cocktail is the best around. Lobster bisque one of a kind too! Service was excellent both at the bar and our table.Special Features:
- Still the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014I've tried the other guys, and Ruth's Chris always comes out on the top of my list for steak. The team in Tyson's consistently does an outstanding job in making every experience special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedinnerDined on 8/30/2014Enjoy going here for a special meal. The lobster was not up to par. Dry and no taste even with dipping in the butter sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEgh1Dined on 8/29/2014The staff really went the extra mile to make our anniversary celebration feel extra special. We appreciated all the extra touches and would highly recommend this place to everyone looking to celebrate a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnermedinaDined on 8/25/2014This was for my daughter's 15th birthday and it was her choice to come here after we visited for my son's 21st birthday. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!TeddyDined on 8/24/2014Worth it and always great food and even better service.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris never disappointsJandDDined on 8/18/2014Excellent Service, wonderful food, somewhat pricey. But you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Over priceMeatloverDined on 8/17/2014I asked for medium well for steak but it came as well done. It was also really salty and hard to chew. It was not worthy to spend $34 for 6oz meat.
- Don't bother with 2 restaurant weekKittyDined on 8/17/2014We had been to this Ruth's Chris before and LOVED it. We took 3 friends, as they had never been before...very disappointed. My friend, who went to culinary school, noticed right away that there was something off with the servers, and she made the comment "the wait staff here hates restaurant week, I can tell". Our waiter did a mediocre job, something that you would expect at Ruby Tuesdays, not Ruth's Chris. He messed up my order, my side was cold, and everyone got the wrong salad at first. He also was very lazy on how he opened and served our wine, and had the person sitting closest to him test it out. He was just disengaged. We were seated at a very bad table. We spent plenty of mony, since we ordered wine, so he got a good tip anyway.
- Always SolidPeterMcLeanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoy Ruth's Chris for its location and consistency. Honestly, we don't eat the steaks too much any more -- that is a comment on our diet preferences, not the fine quality of their beef -- but the stuffed chicken breast is outstanding. I know its a national chain, but for us its a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Very Good timebleaseDined on 8/16/2014I really enjoyed how they put Happy Birthday confetti on the table for my husband. The waiter (Izeret) was excellent, I hope that I spelt his name correctly. He made our night and I really would like to thanks again to him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkFoodGreatfoodVIPDined on 8/15/2014This time the food wasn't great as before for DC restaurant week. And we got less filet and big piece of chicken and chicken didn't have much taste at all.Special Features:
- disappointedlsb1208Dined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend. Unfortunately she had me expecting a wonderful a dining experience and great food..the ambience was wonderful and the restaurant was very upscale. However, the food did not match the look or the praise I heard about the food. My steak was not seasoned anddry. I ordered avmedium rare and somehow the steak still had no flavor and was stiff. Very underwhelming. The waitress was nice and added an extra dessert. It still did not make up for the poor food quality. I would not go back and glad I tried it during restaurant week. According to my friend, my friend the food only v got betterSpecial Features:
- First clasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was first class, from the ambiance to the service to the food.Special Features:
- Great food, lousy serviceLookB4eatingDined on 8/14/2014Tried this restaurant during restaurant week. Initial greeting was timely, but then everything started going downhill after that. The food, when delivered, was great. But our waiter was missing most of the time. After 20 mins of an empty glass of wine (our first, ordered pre-meal) we had to ask a roaming manager for another. Did not get water refilled without asking another waiter. After receiving desert, we had to ask for cutlery. All the food was delivered by other wait staff. 2.5 hours later, we finally escaped. Tables around us had different waiters assigned - ours apparently was working a large group. My recommendation - ask to be seated away from groups, you'll probably have a much better experience!Special Features:
- Fab food but takes timeNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went for work lunch and the DC restaurant menu. Great event menu. Had ceasar salad, grilled duo of filet & chicken, side of creamed spinach and raspberry sorbet. All delicious! Drawback was this took almost 2 hours! Thats fine at dinner but on a work day it was a problem for the 4 of us. Wasn't that it was that busy-- there were just long, long gaps between seeing our waiter and items arriving at our table. Especially dessert and our check. May return for dinner or HH but cant do lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food but at a costSAKfoodieDined on 8/13/2014I had salmon with creamed spinach for dinner, Caesar salad for appetizer and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Food was served hot except salad of course, looked fresh, and good sized portion of fish and spinach (entree). Glasses of water were refilled and we got the requested second on bread. Staff was very nice and engaging - very busy given the restaurant was packed. Overall it was too noisy for us to actually hear each other across the table without talking loudly which meant the table next to us probably heard everything. Additionally I would have liked something more than just lettuce and a scoop of ice cream for appetizer and dessert. Given the cost, appetizer and dessert small size and the noise the highest this rates is a 4.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous beef/chicken; bad crabcakeFoodloverVirginiaDined on 8/13/2014My wife got the mixed grill (filet/ chicken/crab cake). I got the filet/shrimp combination. She ordered her filet well-done; mine was medium. Both steaks were cooked perfectly. Hers was as tender as mine despite the extra cooking; chicken was similarly great. However, her crab cake had a strong "fishy" taste which we both noticed. My shrimp were ok but nothing special. Next time I'll get a larger filet and skip all seafood. Service was attentive but seemed a little unprofessional. Perhaps our server was new. The manager dropped by our table twice to ask how things were going, as did another senior waiter. Management gets a high rating for tending to customers. Ruth's Chris is still our favorite of the steak house chains- we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic spotJeroddDined on 8/13/2014I went for restaurant week. The ambiance was amazing. I parked in the garage out back so there was plenty of parking. nice waiting area while you wait for a table. It was a special event menu with limited options, so not too much to say about food options. The ice cream was good but I should have had the salmon for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mommy/son lunch2014Dined on 8/13/2014Service was awesome, but our server, Sarah was AMAZING!!! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great, as always.VAnativeDined on 8/13/2014Four of us went for Restaurant Week and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and Sara's service. The only thing one person commented on was that the chicken breast was a little dry around the skin but it didn't keep her from eating it! The filets and salmon were done to perfection. Great opportunity for those of us who are retired to enjoy a special luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so mealLovetoeatDined on 8/13/2014We came for Restaurant Week and the menu is so much smaller than what they usually have. I ordered the Grill Duo and I wasn't impressed with the chicken. We were all saying that peruvian chicken was way better than that. It was very dry and tasteless. Service was also bad. We waited so long for our food. We only saw our server once the entire time we were there.Special Features:
- DisappointedDanaDined on 8/13/2014This was the first time at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tyson's and it was not good. Our group went for lunch and it was disappointing to say the least. The steak was ok but the chicken was extremely dry. Surprisingly slow service since the restaurant was not packed. We ordered immediately but the waiters were slow to bring food and take away our plates. The waiters may not be able to control the kitchen but they can take our plates in a reasonable time once we have finished. We almost had to ask them to take the plates. I really do not like writing a bad review for the Tyson's location but I have been many times to the Fairfax Corner Ruth's Chris and food & service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- not great for restaurant week lunchJanisnvicDined on 8/13/2014I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the food served for the restaurant week lunch. the choice was salmon or a mixed grill, i chose the mixed grill which was a 4 oz filet and small piece of baked chicken.The 4oz filet was not of high quality ..and not sure it was 4 oz..and the chicken was cooked quickly so the meat was tough and dry ...they tried to disguise it by drowning it in butter. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for restaurant week , i'm not sure why they participate if they aren't willing to show there guests the respect of serving high quality entrées of which the restaurants reputation would suggest.
- Decent placeWangsta23Dined on 8/12/2014Mix between high society and young corporate wannabes talking up a big game but actually are very duchy. Wish it was an all class crowd. Waiter looked at me like I was a cheap table when in fact I could have spent $250 on myself, so to spite him I got the restaurant week prix fix.Special Features:
- Stick with MortonskreviewerDined on 8/12/2014Decided to branch out from our routine anniversary dinner at Mortons and went to Ruth's Chris. Wrong choice....the sides we ordered were not extraordinary and the steaks were overcooked. Service was lacking and did not feel very welcoming. Will stick with Morton's for future special occasions.
- Not impressed by RW dinnerdonnasundaeDined on 8/12/2014This was for Restaurant Week: The Caesar salad was delicious. The steak was not exciting, the mashed potatoes were dull, and I was not impressed. The creamed spinach was really tasty! The desert was boring. If I were to return for a regular dinner, I would hope the steak might be more tender and more exciting.Special Features: