Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy
755 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48048Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7951/Troy/Detroit
- Phone: 2482698424
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: William Calderon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Troy, MI - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Kellie Holcomb 2482698424
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Troy, MI serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (35)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Double dateDoubledateDined on 10/11/2014I had to change my reservations a couple of times due to time conflict, traffic, and an emergency came up with my daughter and no matter how many times I changed my time Ruth Chris's staff was nothing but nice over the phone with me and when I arrived.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner!ChicagoVIPDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my daughter's Birthday with a party of 7 at Ruth's Chris. Kelly the manager, made sure to accommodate our group, even though we added another person. The service was fantastic, and the food was very very good! Even the birthday girl (who stays away from meat) had a filet and called it yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sub par serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014I'll preface this by saying we go to this restaurant often and this is the first time we have had bad service. That said, our waitress had the same amount of care and attention as if I had walked in and dined at Applebee's. Had to ask for drinks multiple times; was told "no" on upgrades I had asked for and received before and much more. Truly disappointing experience. Was also told that if we changed our order she would have to void it out because the salad was a different was a different size with the Ruth's classic versus a normal Order. Never the case before. Was told we couldn't upgrade the side item at all on kids steak. Also never an issue before. Sad night of service for a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdaysJaydaDined on 10/11/2014Very elegant place to celebrate. The staff was attentive and courteous and very helpful with meal suggestion. I loved every minute even the birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I've been to many restaurants and this was the first restaurant that I was truly impressed with. The staff was friendly, the service was attentive but not overly, and the food was delicious!! I received a phone call from the restaurant confirming our reservation (which was nice to get) and on top of that the hostess let me know that there was construction and suggested an alternative route. On our arrival we were greeted promptly and the host verified that this was a special occasion for us. The restaurant acknowledge the occasion by decorating the table with a few well placed "Happy Birthday" confetti. The wait staff were friendly and very helpful in the selection of our wine and dinner choices. Our food was prepared to perfection!Special Features:
- david and amber are the bestDanidoo55Dined on 10/1/2014First and foremost I must say how wonderful of experience David and Amber create for me and my boyfriend and our families whenever we come into the restaurant. They always remember our favorites, go over new items, and make fantastic recommendations for not only food but alcohol as well. They never rest on their laurels of prior service- they are exemplary every time. I picked Ruth's for all my celebrations this past year that I have lived in the Troy area because they make every dining experience that memorable. I am a former restaurant manager and I would use them as examples to my employees. Your food is always delicious and speaks for itself but David and Amber and the experience they create is what keeps me comming back when I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary dinnerChris313Dined on 9/29/2014took my wife there for our anniversary, great service and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruth chrislynbobfoodiesDined on 9/28/2014meat lover's gem. does not fail to satisfy all carnivorsSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurant and food food.PatriceDined on 9/26/2014Our waiter and food was great! The hostesses/greeters at the door are not very friendly they seemed to be preoccupied with personal conversations amongst themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food versus ServiceMikeGVIPDined on 9/20/2014You should never have to compromise between food and service. In this case, the food was good, the service was terrible.Special Features:
- Fabulous!DthomasDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, the service & food were outstanding! It was a treat!Special Features:
- Food101101foodDined on 9/6/2014Food was very good and service was excellent, as always. Only problem was a noisy table on the far side of the room. We could hear their conversation from several tables away.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD - NOT GREAT SERVERNaplesgirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always, the food at Ruth Chris is outstanding. They make the best steaks on the planet. Unfortunately, our server was slow, inattentive and not up to par with the usual service. Too bad. We were celebrating birthdays and it just didn't put the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Good cooks on plateParryDined on 8/22/2014They serve their food on 500 degree plates. I ordered my filet medium, the plate is so hot that the food continues to cook while your eating it. By the time I was half way through my medium steak was well done and rough. I did not finish it.Special Features:
- First ClassDineout6Dined on 8/19/2014Terrific food and service! We celebrated our anniversary and it couldn't have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDLodgeDined on 8/18/2014Ruth's Chris food was on par for a higher end steakhouse but service was excellent from hostess, bar and wait staff . The overall experience was a little diminished by some noisy tables nearby. But that's not the fault of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best SteaksLarsenVIPDined on 8/14/2014You can't beat the steaks and all of the sides at this incredible place. The Best if Class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakaliciousJC13Dined on 8/13/2014Yummy steaks served on hot plates. Order it medium rare and it will finish cooking on your plate. Great wine suggestion by our waiter. Had lobster mac and cheese also. Tasty. Expensive but great for a special nite out.Special Features:
- The bestMcNeeseDined on 8/2/2014I've been to several Ruth's Chris steakhouses and this one seems to top them all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 7/30/2014I was there for my wife birthday, dinner was nice place clean, server very helpful, I enjoy Ruth Chris all was well over all it was clean very calm I will recommend others to come and dine. this was a great place to eat and have romantic time and setting.Special Features:
- Always GreatBentleyBoyVIPDined on 7/25/2014If you want a great piece of red meat, this is the place to go. Attentive service, great food, what else can I say. I especially enjoy dining in the lounge, not as formal, yet you can order off the lounge menu or the regular restaurant menu. I felt very comfortable in a pair of nice jeans is such a special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter is the King hereDrThoughtDined on 7/23/2014We've heard for years about the 'awesome' steaks at Ruth's Chris, and decided to give it a try. First impression was good as we entered the restaurant. The smell of garlic and butter pleasantly permeated the air. The ambience is nice but not off the charts. Very friendly server, but overall the service throughout the dinner was quite slow. My wife LOVED her Filet, said it was one the the best she's ever had. My Wagu Ribeye was less impressive. All I could taste was the overwhelming flavor or butter. I was told that this 'sizzling butter' is part of what makes Ruth's Chris steaks unique. Personally, the butter is overwhelming, much like the old Detroit Lelli's Steaks had that overbearing marinade flavor. All in all, nice, but not great.Special Features:
- Fabulous food!!VastellDined on 7/19/2014You can't go wrong with this place. Great service, personal attention and wonderful food. We go here for special occasions and they make it more special. Classy restaurant!!Special Features:
- Best steaks in townkikiDined on 7/18/2014Definitely the best steaks in the metro Detroit area. Great service, too!Special Features:
- Once upon a timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014Ruth's Chris in Troy is a restaurant in decline. The decor is early banquet hotel. There are no booths and no music. Our steaks were beyond pedestrian. It was worse than average cuts at Kroger. Reminiscent of ponderosa only not chopped to spare your jaw. Run of mill sides. Dessert was fine ... A nice cheesecake but too little too late. Like ancient Athens, RC is in decline here in Troy. And at a price that is unconscienable.
- Excellent food and service!CincinnatiYumVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Ruth's Chris in Troy. My steak was a little overdone (perhaps by my own fault?), but they promptly brought out a perfectly cooked replacement (and even brought me a fresh drink while I waited). Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal, and the service was exceptional. A great experience! Levels above what I've experienced at other Ruth's Chris Steak Houses in other locales.Special Features:
- Always great experienceBellaDined on 7/12/2014This is my husbands favorite place. Food is outstanding and service even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014GREAT DINNER BEST STEAK IN TOWN DONE TO PERFECTION RESERVATION & REQUEST FOR ROUND TABLE HONORED 5 STARSSpecial Features:
- simply the bestshadowDined on 7/1/2014Have never had a bad meal here and this was no exception. My favorite restaurant. Have my Company party here every year. The people bend over backwards to make it right and they always succeed! Alex, our waiter, was particularly friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyexpectationDined on 6/30/2014The food was tasty and prepared as ordered. The staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 498 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Petite fillet was truly the best I've eaten. All those who ate steak at our table were equally satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinner!!Love2ShowDogsVIPDined on 6/21/2014I was in town by myself and wanted a good steak. Ruth's Chris never disappoints! Always a great steak and my wine was excellent.. I also appreciate that I can always get a table for 1 on a Saturday night.. Many places won't do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceMMSJDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful dining experience. Great food and service. Had the sea bass and ribeye. Attentive server and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian? It may convert youTeocaliDined on 6/20/2014Food is great in general. My favorite filet by far. OK, on this visit bread was a bit mediocre and soup could have been much hotter to be really nice, but once you get the filet all forgotten. Not a perfect 10 overall, but steaks not far from itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodJimboDined on 6/19/2014Always a good meal. Can not say that you get what you pay for though. You know this going in. Service was good, but food took a long time to get there even though it was a slow evening.unless you are flushed with cash, or on a expense account it is tough to pay say 10 bucks for a side of spinach, etc.Special Features:
- Always HappyReeseemeDined on 6/15/2014Our family Loves this restaurant. The food, atmosphere and the service was top notch. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - excellent servicerzspswVIPDined on 6/15/2014My husband chose Ruth's Chris Steakhouse to celebrate Father's Day, and he wasn't disappointed. The food was perfectly prepared. His 16 oz. bone-in fillet was very tender and full of flavor. I loved my New York strip steak, and our daughter's sea bass was the best she has ever had. Christin did a great job of providing excellent service even on a busy day. The whole team pitched in to make sure everything was perfect. Thank you for a great dining experience. Make sure you get the apple tart. It was fantastic and large enough to share with three.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ExpensivefoodsocialDined on 6/14/2014However, my father loves steaks and he liked the steak here...I will just have to get him a gift card to go alone next time. Good for special occasions. Atmosphere was nice and the service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed great service and tasty food as we celebrated our wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- First timersHiswifeDined on 5/23/2014Very elegant and well thought out. Food was delicious. Loved the 500 degree plates every bite was as delicious as the first. Worth every penny. Our waitress was very nice and didn't rush us. Our first time was definitely a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.