Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
145 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2L2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.ca/
- Phone: 4169551455x
- Hours of Operation:
FRIDAY LUNCH - Open from 12:00 pm Every Friday
Lunch is open in DECEMBER from Monday to Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
PRIVATE DINING AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH OR DINNER THROUGHOUT THE YEAR WITH RESERVATION
Open for Dinner 7 Days a Week
Monday to Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm Open for Lunch
Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Catering - Please see website for more information www.ruthschris.ca Go to Private Dining Page
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the benefits of private dining at Ruth’s Chris Steak House and the rewards!
- Private Party Contact: Cathi Krewicki 4169551455
- Special Events: Join Us at the Prime Bar for Prime Hour from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Daily
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality at Ruth's Chris Steak House and allow us to tempt you with a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks, to the freshest seafood and poultry, imaginative side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. At Ruth's Chris, your steak is carefully selected from the finest USDA Prime beef available. It is aged to perfection and cut by hand at the restaurant. Then, your steak is broiled - to your exact order - at a searing 1800 degrees Fahrenheit to lock in the corn-fed flavor and natural juices. It's served hot and sizzling. In fact, you can actually hear your steak sizzling from across the room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (47)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (32)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ruth's Chris great as usualNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/20/2014Once again had an incredible meal at Ruth's Chris here in Toronto. Just the best!Special Features:
- DisappointedPasternakDined on 10/19/2014Overpriced. Too big steaks, I.e not enough options for a reasonably sized portion. I am sure Canada produces enough good beef - only US beef served here. Had to return one 16 ounces ribeye because it was grossly overlooked. Got great service to get this fixed. Fortunately the steaks were very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding!LabellesDined on 10/19/2014Simply one of the great places to have a special diner. The whole experience was perfect from start to finish! A do again when we come back to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencePapiDined on 10/18/2014Havent been here in many years. Took the family and had a very nice time. Food was amazing! Highly recommended steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffreyDined on 10/18/2014We have had better quality food at this location. We didn't get the requested table we asked for. We were disappointed in this particular visitSpecial Features:
- Ruth's Chris has fallen from gloryLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014This experience was way below our expectations or what their reputation stands for. our appetizers came before our drinks?? The big issue is that one our our steaks was ordered medium and came out rare we sent it back. They took the same steak (not a new one) and a scorched it well done. When the waiter came back (not to check on the food), my wife quietly said that it was ineatable but did not want to make a fuss for our guests. Then the manager came over saying this was restaurant policy to come over. Then the waiter came over as well to make a bigger scene sayimg if he did not report it he would get in trouble. I guess what the customer wants does not matter. At the end they did not charge us for the steak. Big deal. What a waste of $$
- Average SteakhousefarleyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Average food compared to the Ruth Chris in the states. Shoe string fries were not crispy the steak plate did not come out at 500 degrees which they do in the states.Special Features:
- food was outstandingHollywoodDined on 10/10/2014Overall was very good, food was outstanding, the tuna ap was awesome.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 10/8/2014Although the service was quite attentive, the vegetable was not hot, and the meat a bit fatty; at over $500+ for four people, I expected better.
- No the best night outcopperDined on 9/26/2014The quality of the food is very poor. The prices are crazy. You can have a far better meal at the Keg for half the cost.Special Features:
- Very good experienceWalidJDined on 9/13/2014The filet is the best. Properly done to order and the quality and taste were excellent. The plate comes sizzling and VERY hot. I enjoyed my filet hot and tasty to the last bite. I think it would be nice to add a simple side with the entree, included in the price. We asked for three different bottles of wine from the wine menu, non was available. We chose another imported one randomly, was ok in the beginning, but with every sip it got worse. I recommend increasing the local wine selection.Special Features:
- VivianVIPDined on 9/12/2014For the quality of food served, the price is way too high!Special Features:
- Delicious food & excellent serviceIlovegoodsteakDined on 9/6/2014Thank you for taking such great care of us on Saturday night! The staff were amazing, particularly around dietary restrictions. They never made explaining the menu, or checking with the chefs, feel like a burden, which is a tremendous help for those of us who need accommodation when we dine out. The food was phenomenal, particularly the steak, and I would definitely recommend Ruth's Chris to friends and family (and already have!). I also wanted to say a special thank you for the "happy birthday" dessert that you prepared for me. Not only was it unexpected (and touching!), but you took care to bring berries with cream on the side, as the staff remembered that I have issues with dairy. Thanks again for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- great service...TomGDined on 9/4/2014The service was fantastic! I had made my reservations on line and noted it was an anniversary. They acknowledged this at least three times and gave us a small complimentary piece of cake for dessert with happy anniversary written on it. Greta touch and attention to detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantKWHiVIPDined on 8/26/2014Have been to this restaurant a number of times and it NEVER disappoints us. The service is impeccable and the food is always good. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Fantastic Fillets, great service must try when looking for a high end meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwaysfoodismeDined on 8/10/2014Food as always is great! Found the menu a tad confusing. Would suggest something simpler & concise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savy service great foodGrayDined on 7/28/2014Service was exceptional. Server has been there since 1995. She new her stuff and did it well! As always the food was impeccableSpecial Features:
- DisappointingSteakluverDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I recently went to Ruth Chris as we were spending the evening in the city. We were recommended Ruth Chris as a premium steakhouse. Having research a couple other notable named restaurants we decided to give it a try. The restaurant was beautiful, clean and welcoming. The staff was attentive and very knowledgable. I found the food to be bland with little flavor. I ordered the large tenderloin with blue cheese crust cooked medium. The steak was cooked correctly however very dry, the crust was flavorful again very dry. The lobster Mac and cheese was creamy with little flavor. Creamed spinach was decent. We found the meal to be very disappointing for what we paid. I have had much better meals at the keg.
- Very goodCiriusDined on 7/25/2014Steak was delicious (as expected). Sides were hit or miss, ranging from meh to mmm. Pricey place, but they do enough things right that I'd certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakUnderwhelmedDined on 7/25/2014Got the Halal steak - it was good - and even though they only do season with salt and pepper - the flavour was a little lacking The lobster bisque and the swordfish were fanstastic though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteaklvrDined on 7/25/2014Every time my family and I go to Ruth's Chris Steak House we are completely satisfied with all aspects of dining out. Food, ambiance, Service. Its all good. I recommend people treat themselves to this awesome steak house.Special Features:
- DecorNottoopickyDined on 7/23/2014Felt like I was back in the '80's. Décor very dated. Mississauga location much nicer.Special Features:
- Great Steak, so-so sidesMcDouxVIPDined on 7/20/2014My tenderloin was perfect. Cooked exactly like I asked: Medium rare, and charred on the outside, Chicago style. The plate was piping hot. This kept the steak nicely warm till the end of the meal. This down side are the sides. The veetables were OK. But the mushrums were very ordinary. While the onion rings and both types of potatoes were below average. The wine list is decent, but not innovative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Steak melts in your mouth! Best steak I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks!saudia558VIPDined on 7/19/2014the food was great and the service was even better! the only complaint (if you could call it that) was that voices travel (because of the ceilings?) and I can hear the conversation of the group 3 tables away loud and clear! A little distracting from the great food in front of me.Special Features:
- Evening exceed expectationsluvfoodDined on 7/19/2014We had a most delightful evening. Ambience, service and food were all top class. We were not disappointed in any of it and will be back.Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Service here was outstanding and Ruth's Chris was larger than I thought it would be. I wasn't really full after the meal...after all the filet was only 6 oz. so I will have to come here again on a non-summerlicious period.Special Features:
- Awesome!Gr8tniteDined on 7/18/2014Had an absolutely wonderful meal, service and time. Always a pleasure to dine at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to like the sizzleBobRDined on 7/17/2014First time here for us so thought we would see what they could do in Summerlicious. First problem was that the Summerlicious menu did not come with the regular and wine menus and we had to ask for it. Others also seemed to be asking. The salads were good, but all main courses come with very hot plates "sizzling" with melted butter served at your table. While both dishes we had (6oz tenderloin and salmon) were cooked to perfection, we found that the excess of butter made it hugely rich and by the end of the meal we were trying to avoid it. However this seems to be Ruth's policy but if we went back we would ask to reduce it, if that is possible. We did look like the exception with regard to this. Good value when compared to usual prices.Special Features:
- Best steakTriciaDined on 7/16/2014It was all about the steak for me. That sizzling filet on the plate. When I saw them on the summerlicious list, I jumped at the chance to sample this steakhouse. And I certainly was not disappointed. Everything else around it was good, but the steak is definitely the star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Don't be put off by the location, this gem hidden in the basement of the Hilton Hotel has a great 'lounge' feel to it with it's subdued lighting and soft furnishings. The staff were all incredibly friendly but also very professional which made the whole experience seem that much more special. We went as part of the summerlicious promotion and really enjoyed the set menu. Great food and great service, certainly recommend if you like food from the grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDKP68Dined on 7/14/2014The food and service, as always, were outstanding! Did the Summerlicious menu and it did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak i have tried in torontoannieDined on 7/13/2014the steak here is great. I will come to ruth chris again and again and again… it is especially good for celebration，the service is nice it is a place we can share food and happiness！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicesandrac148Dined on 7/11/2014We went here for dinner during summerlicious, it also happened to be our anniversary. I started with the corn chowder, which was very good. For a main I had the 6 oz filet.. Ruth's knows how to cook a steak to perfection.. my side was creamed spinach which was out of this world.. my husband got the mushrooms which were mediocre - they sort of tasted like they were boiled, and were undercooked. My dessert was key lime pie which they wrote "happy anniversary" on the plate in chocolate.. very nice, but I found the pie had a rind-ish aftertaste. I can't say enough good things about our server, she was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks DeliverDJLGDined on 7/9/2014Steaks cooked to perfection. Sides fabulous. Wine list limited and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter, Butter, Butter!woodsrupVIPDined on 7/9/2014If you like butter and steak than this is the place for you. Summerlicious menu was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartygDined on 7/8/2014Ruth's Chris offers the best service and wonderful food. I do prefer the Niagara Falls location but overall I very much enjoyed my dining experience.Special Features:
- summerlicious may have affectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014The steak was tough (gristle) but the chicken and vegetables were fantastic. Service was a little harried. This could have been due to Summerlicious. Good value when at Summerlicious.
- Great Steak and ServicePlatinumFoodmanDined on 7/5/2014Great ambiance, the food is always consistent with amazing staff. A Toronto must dine location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.