Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
145 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2L2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.ca/
- Phone: (416) 955-1455
- Hours of Operation:
FRIDAY LUNCH - Open from 12:00 pm Every Friday
Lunch is open in DECEMBER from Monday to Friday 12:00 pm - 2:30pm
PRIVATE DINING AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH OR DINNER THROUGHOUT THE YEAR WITH RESERVATION
Open for Dinner 7 Days a Week
Monday to Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm Open for Lunch
Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Catering - Please see website for more information www.ruthschris.ca Go to Private Dining Page
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the benefits of private dining at Ruth’s Chris Steak House and the rewards!
- Private Party Contact: Cathi Krewicki 4169551455x
- Special Events: Join Us at the Prime Bar for Prime Hour from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Daily
1/2 price appetizers and daily drink specials
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality at Ruth's Chris Steak House and allow us to tempt you with a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks, to the freshest seafood and poultry, imaginative side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. At Ruth's Chris, your steak is carefully selected from the finest USDA Prime beef available. It is aged to perfection and cut by hand at the restaurant. Then, your steak is broiled - to your exact order - at a searing 1800 degrees Fahrenheit to lock in the corn-fed flavour and natural juices. It's served hot and sizzling. In fact, you can actually hear your steak sizzling from across the room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)notable wine list (25)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food was great, service fantasticvinnyDined on 11/22/2014The only thing was the place is a little dated and noisy. Overall the steaks were perfect, flavor and taste. Would highly recommend the food here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialRatenefDined on 11/22/2014This is the best kind of restaurant for marking special or notable events with friends and family. The prices are high, but are reflective of the quality and quantity of the food. I will certainly go here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house... but pricy.ValBooDined on 11/8/2014Great steak house. Food was of very good quality however, as is often the case with reputable steak houses, the food was not soooo exceptional so as to warrant charging high prices. Would recommed but be advised...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night dinnerFoodIsGreatDined on 11/8/2014We went with our family - two adults and two children. The appetizers were tasty, I had the harvest salad, which was fresh and delicious if a tad too much - everyone else was finished before I was. I had a petit filet which I asked to be cooked medium to medium rare and it was on the medium well side. My son ordered medium rare and it was too well done on the sides and blue rare in the middle - a good steak needs to be cooked the same throughout. The cuts of meat were generous and of good quality, which is what you paid for. By accident my son touched his plate which was extremely hot and burned his finger, however the server was great and went the extra mile to give him ice and aloe gel - much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingNickVIPDined on 11/5/2014It has been a long time since I have been to Ruth Chris. This recent experience was very disappointing. The steak was not as good as at Morton's or Jacob's Steakhouse. The only outstanding part of this experience was the hostesses who treated us very nice.
- OutstandingJbotDined on 11/5/2014When I booked my reservation I wrote that it was my fiance's birthday that evening. We were slightly early but the table was ready. Service was wonderful. They were able to make me whatever I requested. The portions were large. Salad was delicious, steak was to die for, steak fries were boring. We were surprised with a birthday cake and candle on the house (flourless chocolate cake). It was also unreal. I highly recomend this restaurant for special occasions or romantic meals. Can be pricey so be mindful of your budjet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class Diningluckyliberal1305Dined on 11/2/2014Recently I entertained a municipal candidate that had lost the election. This evening had to be for him. He said he wanted to go to my favourite place for steak. He had never been here before and he absolutely loved everything about it - His ribeye was the best he has ever had and my crab cakes were the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our meals here/OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We love the ambiance and the food is always excellent and ofcourse the service as well. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive!MichaelVIPDined on 10/27/2014The steak was very good as well as the salad and onion rings (4) but the cost is very over the top. Beware!Special Features:
- Ruths' Chris is worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014I have long heard the buzz about Ruth's Chris Steak House, so I decided to take my wife there for a quiet night out. We arrived kinda late (9pm, restaurant closes at 10:30) and were seated in the private library area of the restaurant. Nice ambience. Our waiter Glenn was very attentive, appropriate. We ordered off Ruth's Classic Menu, a complete meal that includes a starter, entrée, personal side dish and dessert at a more reasonable (cheaper) price than the general menu. The portions are smaller, but that was ok - it was enough for us at that time of night. Overall, food quality, taste and preparation was very, very good, but not out of this world, exceptional. We'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris great as usualNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/20/2014Once again had an incredible meal at Ruth's Chris here in Toronto. Just the best!Special Features:
- DisappointedPasternakDined on 10/19/2014Overpriced. Too big steaks, I.e not enough options for a reasonably sized portion. I am sure Canada produces enough good beef - only US beef served here. Had to return one 16 ounces ribeye because it was grossly overlooked. Got great service to get this fixed. Fortunately the steaks were very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding!LabellesDined on 10/19/2014Simply one of the great places to have a special diner. The whole experience was perfect from start to finish! A do again when we come back to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencePapiDined on 10/18/2014Havent been here in many years. Took the family and had a very nice time. Food was amazing! Highly recommended steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffreyDined on 10/18/2014We have had better quality food at this location. We didn't get the requested table we asked for. We were disappointed in this particular visitSpecial Features:
- Ruth's Chris has fallen from gloryLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014This experience was way below our expectations or what their reputation stands for. our appetizers came before our drinks?? The big issue is that one our our steaks was ordered medium and came out rare we sent it back. They took the same steak (not a new one) and a scorched it well done. When the waiter came back (not to check on the food), my wife quietly said that it was ineatable but did not want to make a fuss for our guests. Then the manager came over saying this was restaurant policy to come over. Then the waiter came over as well to make a bigger scene sayimg if he did not report it he would get in trouble. I guess what the customer wants does not matter. At the end they did not charge us for the steak. Big deal. What a waste of $$
- Average SteakhousefarleyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Average food compared to the Ruth Chris in the states. Shoe string fries were not crispy the steak plate did not come out at 500 degrees which they do in the states.Special Features:
- food was outstandingHollywoodDined on 10/10/2014Overall was very good, food was outstanding, the tuna ap was awesome.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 10/8/2014Although the service was quite attentive, the vegetable was not hot, and the meat a bit fatty; at over $500+ for four people, I expected better.
- No the best night outcopperDined on 9/26/2014The quality of the food is very poor. The prices are crazy. You can have a far better meal at the Keg for half the cost.Special Features:
- Very good experienceWalidJDined on 9/13/2014The filet is the best. Properly done to order and the quality and taste were excellent. The plate comes sizzling and VERY hot. I enjoyed my filet hot and tasty to the last bite. I think it would be nice to add a simple side with the entree, included in the price. We asked for three different bottles of wine from the wine menu, non was available. We chose another imported one randomly, was ok in the beginning, but with every sip it got worse. I recommend increasing the local wine selection.Special Features:
- VivianVIPDined on 9/12/2014For the quality of food served, the price is way too high!Special Features:
- Delicious food & excellent serviceIlovegoodsteakDined on 9/6/2014Thank you for taking such great care of us on Saturday night! The staff were amazing, particularly around dietary restrictions. They never made explaining the menu, or checking with the chefs, feel like a burden, which is a tremendous help for those of us who need accommodation when we dine out. The food was phenomenal, particularly the steak, and I would definitely recommend Ruth's Chris to friends and family (and already have!). I also wanted to say a special thank you for the "happy birthday" dessert that you prepared for me. Not only was it unexpected (and touching!), but you took care to bring berries with cream on the side, as the staff remembered that I have issues with dairy. Thanks again for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- great service...TomGDined on 9/4/2014The service was fantastic! I had made my reservations on line and noted it was an anniversary. They acknowledged this at least three times and gave us a small complimentary piece of cake for dessert with happy anniversary written on it. Greta touch and attention to detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantKWHiVIPDined on 8/26/2014Have been to this restaurant a number of times and it NEVER disappoints us. The service is impeccable and the food is always good. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Fantastic Fillets, great service must try when looking for a high end meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwaysfoodismeDined on 8/10/2014Food as always is great! Found the menu a tad confusing. Would suggest something simpler & concise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 817 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto reviews archive.
- Savy service great foodGrayDined on 7/28/2014Service was exceptional. Server has been there since 1995. She new her stuff and did it well! As always the food was impeccableSpecial Features:
- DisappointingSteakluverDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I recently went to Ruth Chris as we were spending the evening in the city. We were recommended Ruth Chris as a premium steakhouse. Having research a couple other notable named restaurants we decided to give it a try. The restaurant was beautiful, clean and welcoming. The staff was attentive and very knowledgable. I found the food to be bland with little flavor. I ordered the large tenderloin with blue cheese crust cooked medium. The steak was cooked correctly however very dry, the crust was flavorful again very dry. The lobster Mac and cheese was creamy with little flavor. Creamed spinach was decent. We found the meal to be very disappointing for what we paid. I have had much better meals at the keg.
- Very goodCiriusDined on 7/25/2014Steak was delicious (as expected). Sides were hit or miss, ranging from meh to mmm. Pricey place, but they do enough things right that I'd certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakUnderwhelmedDined on 7/25/2014Got the Halal steak - it was good - and even though they only do season with salt and pepper - the flavour was a little lacking The lobster bisque and the swordfish were fanstastic though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteaklvrDined on 7/25/2014Every time my family and I go to Ruth's Chris Steak House we are completely satisfied with all aspects of dining out. Food, ambiance, Service. Its all good. I recommend people treat themselves to this awesome steak house.Special Features:
- DecorNottoopickyDined on 7/23/2014Felt like I was back in the '80's. Décor very dated. Mississauga location much nicer.Special Features:
- Great Steak, so-so sidesMcDouxVIPDined on 7/20/2014My tenderloin was perfect. Cooked exactly like I asked: Medium rare, and charred on the outside, Chicago style. The plate was piping hot. This kept the steak nicely warm till the end of the meal. This down side are the sides. The veetables were OK. But the mushrums were very ordinary. While the onion rings and both types of potatoes were below average. The wine list is decent, but not innovative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Steak melts in your mouth! Best steak I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks!saudia558VIPDined on 7/19/2014the food was great and the service was even better! the only complaint (if you could call it that) was that voices travel (because of the ceilings?) and I can hear the conversation of the group 3 tables away loud and clear! A little distracting from the great food in front of me.Special Features:
- Evening exceed expectationsluvfoodDined on 7/19/2014We had a most delightful evening. Ambience, service and food were all top class. We were not disappointed in any of it and will be back.Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Service here was outstanding and Ruth's Chris was larger than I thought it would be. I wasn't really full after the meal...after all the filet was only 6 oz. so I will have to come here again on a non-summerlicious period.Special Features:
- Awesome!Gr8tniteDined on 7/18/2014Had an absolutely wonderful meal, service and time. Always a pleasure to dine at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to like the sizzleBobRDined on 7/17/2014First time here for us so thought we would see what they could do in Summerlicious. First problem was that the Summerlicious menu did not come with the regular and wine menus and we had to ask for it. Others also seemed to be asking. The salads were good, but all main courses come with very hot plates "sizzling" with melted butter served at your table. While both dishes we had (6oz tenderloin and salmon) were cooked to perfection, we found that the excess of butter made it hugely rich and by the end of the meal we were trying to avoid it. However this seems to be Ruth's policy but if we went back we would ask to reduce it, if that is possible. We did look like the exception with regard to this. Good value when compared to usual prices.Special Features: