Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
145 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2L2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.ca/
- Phone: 4169551455x
- Hours of Operation:
FRIDAY LUNCH - Open from 12:00 pm Every Friday
Lunch is open in DECEMBER from Monday to Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
PRIVATE DINING AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH OR DINNER THROUGHOUT THE YEAR WITH RESERVATION
Open for Dinner 7 Days a Week
Monday to Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm Open for Lunch
Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Morris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Catering - Please see website for more information www.ruthschris.ca Go to Private Dining Page
- Special Events: Join Us at the Prime Bar for Prime Hour from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Daily
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto
Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality at Ruth's Chris Steak House and allow us to tempt you with a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks, to the freshest seafood and poultry, imaginative side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. At Ruth's Chris, your steak is carefully selected from the finest USDA Prime beef available. It is aged to perfection and cut by hand at the restaurant. Then, your steak is broiled - to your exact order - at a searing 1800 degrees Fahrenheit to lock in the corn-fed flavor and natural juices. It's served hot and sizzling. In fact, you can actually hear your steak sizzling from across the room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (45)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (27)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A great restaurantKWHiVIPDined on 8/26/2014Have been to this restaurant a number of times and it NEVER disappoints us. The service is impeccable and the food is always good. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Fantastic Fillets, great service must try when looking for a high end meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwaysfoodismeDined on 8/10/2014Food as always is great! Found the menu a tad confusing. Would suggest something simpler & concise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savy service great foodGrayDined on 7/28/2014Service was exceptional. Server has been there since 1995. She new her stuff and did it well! As always the food was impeccableSpecial Features:
- DisappointingSteakluverDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I recently went to Ruth Chris as we were spending the evening in the city. We were recommended Ruth Chris as a premium steakhouse. Having research a couple other notable named restaurants we decided to give it a try. The restaurant was beautiful, clean and welcoming. The staff was attentive and very knowledgable. I found the food to be bland with little flavor. I ordered the large tenderloin with blue cheese crust cooked medium. The steak was cooked correctly however very dry, the crust was flavorful again very dry. The lobster Mac and cheese was creamy with little flavor. Creamed spinach was decent. We found the meal to be very disappointing for what we paid. I have had much better meals at the keg.
- Very goodCiriusDined on 7/25/2014Steak was delicious (as expected). Sides were hit or miss, ranging from meh to mmm. Pricey place, but they do enough things right that I'd certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakUnderwhelmedDined on 7/25/2014Got the Halal steak - it was good - and even though they only do season with salt and pepper - the flavour was a little lacking The lobster bisque and the swordfish were fanstastic though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteaklvrDined on 7/25/2014Every time my family and I go to Ruth's Chris Steak House we are completely satisfied with all aspects of dining out. Food, ambiance, Service. Its all good. I recommend people treat themselves to this awesome steak house.Special Features:
- DecorNottoopickyDined on 7/23/2014Felt like I was back in the '80's. Décor very dated. Mississauga location much nicer.Special Features:
- Great Steak, so-so sidesMcDouxVIPDined on 7/20/2014My tenderloin was perfect. Cooked exactly like I asked: Medium rare, and charred on the outside, Chicago style. The plate was piping hot. This kept the steak nicely warm till the end of the meal. This down side are the sides. The veetables were OK. But the mushrums were very ordinary. While the onion rings and both types of potatoes were below average. The wine list is decent, but not innovative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Steak melts in your mouth! Best steak I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks!saudia558VIPDined on 7/19/2014the food was great and the service was even better! the only complaint (if you could call it that) was that voices travel (because of the ceilings?) and I can hear the conversation of the group 3 tables away loud and clear! A little distracting from the great food in front of me.Special Features:
- Evening exceed expectationsluvfoodDined on 7/19/2014We had a most delightful evening. Ambience, service and food were all top class. We were not disappointed in any of it and will be back.Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Service here was outstanding and Ruth's Chris was larger than I thought it would be. I wasn't really full after the meal...after all the filet was only 6 oz. so I will have to come here again on a non-summerlicious period.Special Features:
- Awesome!Gr8tniteDined on 7/18/2014Had an absolutely wonderful meal, service and time. Always a pleasure to dine at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to like the sizzleBobRDined on 7/17/2014First time here for us so thought we would see what they could do in Summerlicious. First problem was that the Summerlicious menu did not come with the regular and wine menus and we had to ask for it. Others also seemed to be asking. The salads were good, but all main courses come with very hot plates "sizzling" with melted butter served at your table. While both dishes we had (6oz tenderloin and salmon) were cooked to perfection, we found that the excess of butter made it hugely rich and by the end of the meal we were trying to avoid it. However this seems to be Ruth's policy but if we went back we would ask to reduce it, if that is possible. We did look like the exception with regard to this. Good value when compared to usual prices.Special Features:
- Best steakTriciaDined on 7/16/2014It was all about the steak for me. That sizzling filet on the plate. When I saw them on the summerlicious list, I jumped at the chance to sample this steakhouse. And I certainly was not disappointed. Everything else around it was good, but the steak is definitely the star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Don't be put off by the location, this gem hidden in the basement of the Hilton Hotel has a great 'lounge' feel to it with it's subdued lighting and soft furnishings. The staff were all incredibly friendly but also very professional which made the whole experience seem that much more special. We went as part of the summerlicious promotion and really enjoyed the set menu. Great food and great service, certainly recommend if you like food from the grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDKP68Dined on 7/14/2014The food and service, as always, were outstanding! Did the Summerlicious menu and it did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak i have tried in torontoannieDined on 7/13/2014the steak here is great. I will come to ruth chris again and again and again… it is especially good for celebration，the service is nice it is a place we can share food and happiness！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicesandrac148Dined on 7/11/2014We went here for dinner during summerlicious, it also happened to be our anniversary. I started with the corn chowder, which was very good. For a main I had the 6 oz filet.. Ruth's knows how to cook a steak to perfection.. my side was creamed spinach which was out of this world.. my husband got the mushrooms which were mediocre - they sort of tasted like they were boiled, and were undercooked. My dessert was key lime pie which they wrote "happy anniversary" on the plate in chocolate.. very nice, but I found the pie had a rind-ish aftertaste. I can't say enough good things about our server, she was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks DeliverDJLGDined on 7/9/2014Steaks cooked to perfection. Sides fabulous. Wine list limited and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter, Butter, Butter!woodsrupVIPDined on 7/9/2014If you like butter and steak than this is the place for you. Summerlicious menu was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartygDined on 7/8/2014Ruth's Chris offers the best service and wonderful food. I do prefer the Niagara Falls location but overall I very much enjoyed my dining experience.Special Features:
- summerlicious may have affectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014The steak was tough (gristle) but the chicken and vegetables were fantastic. Service was a little harried. This could have been due to Summerlicious. Good value when at Summerlicious.
- Great Steak and ServicePlatinumFoodmanDined on 7/5/2014Great ambiance, the food is always consistent with amazing staff. A Toronto must dine location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceSummerDined on 7/5/2014The service in Ruth's Chris steakhouse is excellent. The host, waiter，& manager makes you feel you are very respected. The food is fantastic & good for sharing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anniversary Like No OtherfoodforthoughtDined on 7/4/2014After a long day of walking tours of Toronto's attractions, my husband and I were exhausted. Albeit late, we were able to reserve a late night supper for us to commemorate our 17th wedding anniversary. I just knew when I asked for the promotional menu offering for Summerlicious, the service and the attentiveness were going to cease. I was so wrong!!!! Glenn checked in on us frequently, and delivered adequate portions of appetizers, the main course (melt in your mouth filet of beef) and side dish (mashed potatoes)- all cooked to perfection. To close a great meal, when our desserts were delivered to the table - hefty slices of key lime pie - the plate read, "Happy 17th Anniversary", in drizzled chocolate sauce! A thoughtful gesture!Special Features:
- Dinner was just okaaford01Dined on 6/22/2014Overall meal was average. The steaks were poor in quality and not to the Ruth's Chris "standard" that I see at their other restaurants. Service was good and ambiance was decent.
- overall experience June 7, 2014HatedtheExperienceDined on 6/7/2014Food was just okay, steak had too much fat and vegetables were disappointing. Calamari was quite good, lead us to believe the whole dinner would be too. How wrong we were! Martini was very good! Service was awful. Our waiter was way too interested in her regular guests (one table) to pay any real attention to her other guests. The result being we ended up waiting to be noticed quite often and we did not feel our business was appreciated at all. We will not be back! We will not recommend either!Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Honestly, I only came here because I was given a $100 gift card. I knew it would be pricey and I don't mind spending money on good quality food but I believe it was mediocre at best. Everything was very salty, I was left thirsty even the day after! After deciding to splurge on the porterhouse for two priced at $120 I was disappointed when it wasn't cooked to our asking. We asked medium rare and I believe we got rare for the most part. The meat was obviously good quality though. Also, the service was alright. We had asked for oil and vinegar for our bread and was never given it... Probably wouldn't returnSpecial Features:
- Awesome!SteakloverDined on 6/5/2014We experienced Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for the very first time on June 5th. We had heard a lot of really great things about the food! It was all true! The food was amazing, in fact like no other steak dinner I had ever had. Will be making a follow up reservation in the next day or two. Everyone should experience a Steak dinner at Ruth's Chris at least once......guaranteed you can't have just one though ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic steakDeLishDined on 6/3/2014We were a party of 5. Everyone thought their steak was the best they ever had. We found the side dishes a little small, and paying ala carte, we were a little disappointed with that. Our server was great, very personable also very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not outstandingVivianVIPDined on 5/30/2014general is ok not outstanding not so many people server is sometimes in a rushSpecial Features:
- Classy with a casual feelAllictapDined on 5/10/2014Great food! The steaks were sizzling! Excellent service! Higher end restaurant for sure - however, the staff are very attentive but not overbearing. We felt very relaxed and comfortable. Good selection of wines available by the glass or half litre. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 785 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Toronto reviews archive.
- Dining Excellence with ambianceDeege35Dined on 4/26/2014This is a first class restaurant with excellent food and service. It is certainly pricey, but worth it for special occasion meals. Server was particularly helpful with her cautions about hot plates and splattering from hot dinners. Will return in near futureSpecial Features:
- Had an awesome birthdaytheysayzeeDined on 4/22/2014Received complimentary dessert! I make special remarks quite often on reservations, but Ruth Chris is probably the only that remembered the notes. My cousin had a great birthday dinner with us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Food was excellent but service was very slow and the restaurant wasn't even that busy.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014My husband and I had some gift cards for Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and made a reservation at the downtown Toronto location. The service we received was excellent, from the hostess who greeted us, to our server, and the restaurant manager who came to check on us. Ruth's Chris is pricey, especially if you order wine (which we did), but the quality of the food and the service is very high. It is definitely a good choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Another wonderful birthday celebration - an annual tradition for celebrating my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.