Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tampa
1700 N. Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3841/Tampa
- Phone: 8132821118
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: George Snyder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Tampa, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Yadira Navarro 8132821118
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tampa
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tampa, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (32)notable wine list (29)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Mantic2eatDined on 10/15/2014It was our first time,I like the relaxed and romantic feeling of this place.The service was great and the food was delicious.will return to try more dishes and will recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- Excellent!CMR1972Dined on 10/11/2014This is my third experience dining here and it did not disappoint. The service was perfect. We did not feel rushed at all. we had a very nicely paced meal. The food as always was just delicious and a good value with their new Classics section where they have a one priced meal that includes a starter, side and a dessert along with your entree. You can still go all carte if you want, but this worked great for us.Special Features:
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Pleasant dining experience. Seated early for reservation. Service was excellent provided by Julio. Calamari was an excellent appetizer. Steaks were well prepared and enjoyed by our party. After dinner drinks in the bar were enjoyed with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsJerryloftusDined on 10/4/2014I must say our server Chun was awesome, also the hostess who sat us was super nice so thank you. My steak was average, was expecting better as I eat in Ruths Chris in NYC a few times but I was disappointed in the quality of the meat. The Caesar Salad was good and the side of cream spinach was good, just left kinda disappointed after the steak. Service was awesome good job Chun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service, atmosphereTampaTonyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Crabtini and spicy tuna roll delicious. Steaks, lamb chops and salmon were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKLikestoeatVIPDined on 9/11/2014We dine at RC Tampa when on town visiting family. They offer a great appetizer, main course, dessert special that I get every time we're here. That said the filet this time wasn't up to their usual standards.
- FirebugDined on 9/11/2014Every part of the experience was outstanding. The waiters catered to our every need and more. The steaks we ordered came out on a sizzling plate and cooked perfectly. The only downside was the barely warm coffee served with desert. I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014Ruth Chris's is always a pleasure. Interesting drinks, wonderful steaks, big meaty lobster tails. We both had the filet and lobster tail classic meal with the harvest salad. Individual sides big enough to share. Maintaining their high standards.Special Features:
- MfamsDined on 9/2/2014Service was great and the table was beautifully set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!!ChickieC629Dined on 8/26/2014Food, wine and service were exceptional as always! There is just simply no comparison for the phenomenal steaks and sides offered at Ruth's. If I could have the sizzling steaks everyday I would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food.....this was not a special occasion for my wife and I, but they made it feel like it was. We continue to come back for consistent, great quality steak and accompaniments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakracerrossDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife for her birthday. I got a rib eye that cooked to perfection. My wife got the filet with shrimp. It was all delicious. Both steaks were among the best I've ever had. When we tried to order 2 sides each, the waiter informed us that the sides were family style. I appreciated that an one side each was more than we could eat. The potatoes au gratin were as memorable as the steaks. I would definitely recommend Ruth's Chris to anyone who wants the highest quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic anniversary dinnerTBearTpaDined on 8/22/2014this was the first visit for my fiance to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse so I wanted to make it something special.we got there right on time valet was quick to take the car and park it. We were greeted in the lobby and take into a very nice table. food and service we're both excellent along with a nice bottle of winerose petals cover the table which gave a nice effect.we will certainly return for another visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid business dinner venueCHSFlyerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Excellent service and right on target with Ruth chris standards. Our waiter Louis was one of the best and very helpful with recommendationsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Want steak?goodfoodDined on 8/16/2014Classic steakhouse is what you get at Ruth's Chris. Steak made to absolute perfection. Whole lobster perfectly cooked and served. Excellent mushrooms both as a side and stuffed with crabmeat. And the wine list is truly noteworthy - great choices for every budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EllenDined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinner and service! We have been to several Ruth's Chris and the Tampa location was one of the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DivaL62347Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service was wonderful! I was celebrating my beau's 59th birthday and the restaurant location was a surprise.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningGreatDined on 7/30/2014Food was suburb .atmosphere great.server adiquate but no personalitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a special occasiontable42Dined on 7/26/2014Booked online. Table was ready right on time. This is the only ruth chris with a sushi bar. I highly recommend having some as an appetizerbefore you have the best 11 Oz filet in town. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night dinnerTrinityDined on 7/12/2014Great ambiance .... Great for special occasions & date night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bubbles1Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I had a lovely meal at Ruth Chris for our Wedding Anniversary, everything was perfect. One criticism, wish that they would not let people (particularly men) wear shorts and T shirts in the restaurant, it brings down what we think they are trying to achieve here - elegant, fine dining? It was Saturday night and we were dressed up and people came looking like they just got back from a theme park. I know this is Florida but come on guys. Other than that we thought the food was excellent and our server (Louis) superb.Special Features:
- always a treatpepelepughDined on 7/4/2014The fine folks here always treat us like royalty. We always have the best experience and never have ahad any issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy & Daughter Date Night.TampaResidentDined on 6/27/2014I took my 10 year old daughter here for a date night because I had been traveling and hadn't had some quality one on one time with her. The staff was very polite, extremely professional and did a wonderful job of making her feel special. The food was excellent and very consistent with other Ruth's Chris' I have visited across the south. I would highly recommend the restaurant here in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 394 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Tampa reviews archive.
- MargayVIPDined on 6/24/2014My dinner was great as I had the petite filet, however my husband was extremely disappointed with his steak. He had the special blackened ribeye and it was so rare I was surprised it wasn't mooing. He should have sent it back but he didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestuarantFantasticDined on 6/21/2014Food was excellent and service was fantastic!!!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointmentFoodieExtraordinareDined on 6/20/2014We were seated in the lounge area because my hubby was wearing his cowboy hat (which he wears everywhere!). That was fine, except the noise level was sooo loud that I couldn't hear some of the conversation at our own table. Ordered the filet medium rare and it was almost completely brown in the center. A few trace markings of pink. Very disappointing for such an upscale place. Probably will not go again.
- divinediningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Recommend Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for an outstanding menu with oodles of choices to select from. The dinner 'packages' were perfect. The food was delicious and the wait staff extremely helpful, well prepared and friendly. Location is convenient to where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frustratedDougWDined on 6/8/2014Our dinner was to celebrate both 49 and 29 year anniversaries. When I made the reservation I was clear this was an anniversary celebration. The mask and service were fine but I kept waiting for the anniversary recognition. .. nothing. Seems the comments were lost from Open Table to the restaurant. Very frustrating. My suggestion, double check with the restaurant directly for special occasions. The manager was gracious but what could they do after the fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My son chose Ruth's Chris for his 17th birthday dinner with family. There were five in our party and the service started out wonderfully. However, it dramatically slowed as the dinner progressed and it honestly took close to 20 minutes for our server to bring us the bill. Other than that, our food was very good and overall experience pleasant :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints......ShowwalterVIPDined on 6/7/2014Quality of food and level service are always great......value/price relationship is a bit top heavy skewed to over priced Prix Fixe is a excellent deal compared to the regular A la carte menu. Good wine selections from Cali, France and South America. 100% US Beef is a plusSpecial Features:
- Melt in your mouthFoodJunkieDined on 6/7/2014Although the service was a tad slow, the food was perfect. The steaks were cooked exactly to order and the sides were delicious. Our wine paired nicely...the meal was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A celebration night!TampaDebDined on 5/30/2014We went as a party of 13, which included 6 kids. Service was excellent. We had a team of 3 headed by Gregg! All dishes were excellent from apps to dessert! Of course everyone's steak was delicious! Thank you for helping us celebrate birthdays, communion, Prek graduation and a new business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Amazingfamilyof4Dined on 5/25/2014Food was amazing, but the service was out of this world. I had my 14 year old and 6 year old with us and the staff treated them like kings. Our waitress was very helpful to our 6 year old. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. I highly recommend the New York Stripe and the Cheesecake.Special Features:
- Worst Steak Ever!OCatchDined on 5/24/2014I'm a regular customer because of the quality of the steaks and service. Not this time! I order a full size Filet; routinely ask them to butterfly-filet and cook to order. In the past, they always come through as requested. This time, it appeared they picked the worst piece of scrap I've ever seen; completely laced with grissle, and tried to pass it off as a prime cut filet. I sent it back and the second attempt presented was a cut that looked good, yet was blood-dripping red inside (I ordered it "hot pink center - medium") and a sharp-ended wooden skewer was hidden inside the cut! The third try was finally presented as ordered. And this was only one of the dissappointments of the night. Probably won't be back any time soon.
- Pleasantly surprisedStu542VIPDined on 5/18/2014Typically I stay away from "chain" restaurants as I feel they have no personality and get all their food items from the Sysco truck however I was quite happy with my visit to Ruth Chris. Our waiter, Austin, was very knowledgeable and attentive. He recommended many menu items as well as being honest about what items were not so popular. Often the waiter only says that everything is great or recommends the most expensive items. I could not give the food an "outstanding" only because I need to save that for truly impressive "one of" creations however the service was absolutely 5 star.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing once againDallasGirlDined on 5/17/2014We indicated on the reservation it was for an anniversary dinner, and when we arrived, we had rose petals across our table! Our server, Maria, greeted us with a welcoming smile and wished us a Happy Anniversary. She took our order and came back promptly to check on us throughout the entire meal. Maria was extremely friendly, warm and overall made our experience wonderful from start to finish. The filet's were cooked perfectly, still sizzling on the plate when they arrived, and very tasty. The au gratin potatoes were a little different from the last time we ordered them..but still very good and cheesy. I tried the Sangria, which is made in house and it was delicious. The entire meal from start to finish was mouth watering and wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Wrong decision?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014After much debating on which stake house to have dinner at we chose Ruth Chris over Charley's because we had never eaten at Charley's and did not want to have a bad meal tonight, so we went with what we were familiar with having never been disappointed at Ruth Chris. After our meal we thought we should have given the other stake house a try. My son's fillet had to be re-turned THREE times to get the desired temperature (medium). Each time the waiter apologized, but still this should never happen when you are paying that much for a prime cut of beef. By the time the steak was cooked the ends were beyond well done. I expected a visit from the manager to at least offer to comp a desert, but was never visited by the manager to apologize.
- First Time DisappointedCherylLDined on 5/11/2014My kids and I took my mother here for Mother's Day. It is a treat for us to go to Ruth's Chris as it is pricey and not convenient to our house. We were treated nice and each given a rose. Our server was very attentive and humorous. I was disappointed however that my $40 steak was filled with fat and gristle and over cooked. My son's came nearly raw. I was served a lukewarm baked potato which they took back and heated. Both my son and I were turned off by the steaks and ended up picking around the rest of our food. Normally their steaks are so delicious and tender. Very disappointing especially for the price we paid.Special Features:
- Mother's day Specialyummyx2Dined on 5/11/2014Very nice. Made us mothers feel very special. Food was very fresh and cocktails were nice and strong. Our waiters were very nice patient and attentive. Dessert was amazing and appetizers were super tasty!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Ruth's Chris SteakhouseDaddyyoungDined on 5/10/2014We always dine at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for most special occasions, anniversaries, birthdays etc. While dining there, you are always made to feel special the moment you are greeted by the hostesses. We always expect and receive great food but on this occasion there was a manager - maitre d named Tony. He just took this dining experience over he top. His goal was to make you happy no matter what it took. Great personality, makes me want to dine there on a regular basis. Thanks again Tony, this Mother's Day was sooooooooo special, thanks to you we all left feeling great.Special Features: