Ruth's Chris Steak House - St. Louis
315 Chestnut Street
St. Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 3142593200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Bar: Opens at 4:00pm Monday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 4 Private rooms to accommodate parties of 10,20, 30, 50 or 80.
- Private Party Contact: Alicia Nienhaus 3142593200
- Entertainment: Piano in bar Saturday nights.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - St. Louis
Location in the newly renovated Hyatt Regency overlooking the St. Louis Arch. The 125 seat lounge has views of the arch and is blocks from baseball, football & hockey. We have 18 cozy booths in our dining rooms and bars. The bar boast private booths with satellite television in each. Award winning cuisine & wine lists in a comfortable friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruth's Chris Steak House - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (22)scenic view (17)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointingfamilyfoodieDined on 8/17/2014The whole evening was a disappointment and full of waiting. First, even though we had a reservation, we had to wait 20 minutes for our table to be made up. We waited at least 10 minutes to place our drink order, and another 15 before we could catch our waiter to ask for bread. To be fair, the meat/fish portions of our meals were wonderful, but the potatoes were lukewarm, the salads were wilted, and we were not given the desserts we requested. The raspberries on the cheesecake were molding...seriously! We would have sent them back, but our waiter had disappeared! The final insult is that we were charged for an extra dessert! Eventually, the bill was straightened out, but it took forever. We will not be returning.
- Downtown restaurant weekabracadabraDined on 8/16/2014We dined at this restaurant as part of Stl Downtown restaurant week and were very impressed with the entire experience. Both the food and service were outstanding. The portions were large and the quality was impressive at any price. It was probably the best steak I have had in a long time. The sirloin was better than any filet at most restaurants. We will definitely consider this restaurant for our next special event. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekBuddDined on 8/16/2014We had some of the best sirloin steaks we have had in a long time. The were cooked to perfection. The creamed spinach is to die for. Carrot cake for dessert was decadent.Special Features:
- Great Steaks HereChurlsVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had near perfectly cooked sirloin steaks, complimented nicely with creamed spinach. There menu is very American and straight forward. And they know steaks. The server was very pleasant and knew his stuff. Desserts here are not very interesting, so I docked their score a notch.Special Features:
- MaggieDined on 8/15/2014The food is awesome, never have had a better steak anywhere!Special Features:
- Mr. & Mrs. K.GreatExperienceDined on 8/15/2014The reason we selected Ruth's (of numerous restaurants participating) was because it was a St. Louis food week fundraiser and we seized the opportunity to fund a good cause and experience a restaurant we had wanted to visit for a long time but the cost is a bit prohibitive. We had an incredible dining experience; the food was outstanding (steak cooked to perfection), sides and desserts great. Waiter, Benjamin, very nice, friendly, knowledgeable and didn't seem the least bit rushed or bothered that we were there for the "special cost/event menu" instead of a $50 steak. He and the additional wait staff were attentive and kind. The additional cost for the wine was affordable, $8 for a glass of a nice Malbec, and awesome with the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated/overpricedBadmealDined on 8/14/2014Gave it a try for restaurant week, not impressed. Steak was fair for a sirloin, potatoes might have even been powdered, creamed spinach was cold.......carrot cake was pretty good. Would have been better to serve me a smaller portion of a better cut. Carmine's driver was very good, would recommend them to anyone that asks.
- Great as always!EolaMafiaDined on 8/2/2014Not my first trip to Ruth's Chris and certainly won't be my last. Food was served quickly after I ordered. Waiter was friendly, kept up on refills of water. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealhelloDined on 7/19/2014The food and the service was fabulous as usual. We will definately be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AnahiDined on 6/15/2014The waiter Phil was great and the food was good as always. The only downfall is that they don't have a kid menu. I had a 3-yr old and he ended eating a stuffed chicken breast that he didn't really care for. But we made the best of it. Also, we arrived a little earlier than our reservation time and it took them 10-15 min to seat us. I didn't like that but overall it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business standardjoelememeDined on 6/10/2014we had a semi-secludee booth for a businees diner with a great view of the arch; servie was excelletn and so was the food. we went again a second night and received the same level of service and fodd also excellent. pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Good as alwaysPeterDined on 6/9/2014Ruth's Chris always has reliably good food, and this time was no exception. The Spicy Lobster appetizer was recommended by our server, and it was a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeDined on 5/10/2014Reservations were easy. Great service, great food, good atmosphere and great place for special occasions would recommend..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - St. Louis reviews archive.
- Awful, awful, and awful AGAIN !OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/20/2014Having visited this chain in other cities, I looked forward to taking family members out to this Easter dining experience. It was a nightmare from beginning to end. The food tasted awful and lacked flavor. The Bloody Marys were overly spicy with far too much Tabasco. The salmon was overcooked, the beef filet too bloody, and the overall ambiance of the setting was unappealing. Maybe it is St. Louis... I will never return and will encourage others NOT to go there ! Please stay away !
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Recommend the lobster appt and filet also halibut Great meal and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Doing it Again4friendsDined on 4/13/2014Such a great place to dine with friends or for a romantic dinner with your significant other! Love the valet parking and on-line reservation option! Food is to die for! All the servers were so professional and helpful. I would recommend Ruth's Chris to everyone! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored loyalistklinkVIPDined on 4/12/2014Ate here many times. Used to say a Ruth's Chris restaurant was a worry free meal (except price!). But, here, service has been disappointing a few times. This time, waiter took order, then never saw him again. Never checked with us after appetizer, salad, or steak. I had ordered wine to drink with steak. Never came. Steak cooled as I asked two bus people, then another waiter for my wine. Finally spotted my waiter, had to call him over. Wine came 20 min late. Kinda bothered me to need to tell them what to do, and be ignored, again, and again. I can get treated shabbily for much less money. But, next time I want to pay higher prices, I can go to several similar good options in town. I really do not like being treated like a chump.
- Steak sizzling with butterfoodofloveDined on 4/10/2014Ruth's Chris isn't one of those inventive new restaurants that will forever change how you see food, but it doesn't pretend to be. It's a high-end steakhouse chain, and nobody fills that niche better. The steak was incredibly tender and perfectly cooked, served still sizzling in butter on a hot plate with a perfectly-cooked lobster tail. The sides are enormous, meant to share, and they are incredibly rich and delicious. Our baked potato and creamed spinach seemed luxurious, and the steakhouse salad was a great way to start the meal. The carrot cake was also impressive. If you want classic steakhouse dishes cooked perfectly in an elegant atmosphere, and you don't mind paying a high price for it, this restaurant fits the bill.Special Features:
- Had BetterUpsetDined on 3/25/2014Ill make this quick and to the point...We seen more of the bus boys and helpers than we did our own server. He was more worried about the two other tables then ours. He had three tables and we seen him when he took our order, and when he brought us our bill. This place being a "Steakhouse" and they did not know how to properly cook a ribeye steak. Ordered it Medium and the meat was so dried out on the inside and burnt on the outside it was not even edible. Took one bite and spit that out of my mouth. Will never return to this place.Special Features:
- Very nice, but fell shortStLvisitorDined on 3/14/2014I wish it wasn't so, but some things were lacking. Our waiter seemed to be stretched thin which hampered his service, with a staggering 3 tables to juggle. Even after expressing our need to be through with dinner in an hour, his delays kept us 30 minutes extra AND my wife had to eat her dessert in the car. We made the show literally 8 minutes before curtain. As far as the food, my wife loved her lobster and steak. The bread and salads were good and despite eating in a moving vehicle, she said the dessert was fantastic. My steak, average to good. It was cooked perfectly, but the only flavoring I could taste besides the beef was the butter. I know they broil it, but there are grill marks, I would like a hint of it being cooked over a fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about perfect...DougMVIPDined on 2/28/2014The service trailed off a bit at the end. Asked for lemon for the broccoli, never got it, daughter's diet coke was not refilled for 10 minutes or so, and glass of wine came after I finished eating (they comped it, but I would have gladly paid for it and drank during dinner). The food however was excellent and the service (up until near the end) was just fine. So close to a 5 star rating....Special Features:
- Great Location!! Downtown St Louis!SofaincDined on 2/21/2014Ruth's Chris never fails!! Great Filet! Here's my tip: Order your Steak Medium Rare to Medium then if it needs a little more cooking, just cut it and turn it side ways on the 500 degree plate and it'll be to your liking in seconds! Awesome!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as expected!JPM3669Dined on 2/18/2014Haven't been to Ruth's Chris in years. Steak was better than I remembered. Service was excellent. Only 1 complaint. No whole lobster! One of the main things my wife looked forward to. She had the lobster tail. It was good but definitely not a fresh lobster. Small disappointment in an overall outstanding experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Service for the priceRabtDined on 2/14/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris many times,.this time (Valentine's) was disappointing. They were busy but not so busy that they could not clear off the table of dirty dishes or refill water without being asked. We even drank our cocktails and had to ask for more. The next night we were at a $$ restaurant and Ruth's Chris is a $$$$ restaurant. At the $$ restaurant they would come back and refill our wine glass (we purchased a bottle) and at Ruth's Chris the waiter never refilled (we purchased a bottle). I expect better service at Ruth's Chris because that is what is included in the price (great service). The hash browns (which said on the menu "'must try") was nothing more than a package of dried out hashed browns cooked in a circle.Special Features:
- Too expensiveEatingoutDined on 2/14/2014Too expensive. Entrees do not come with sides. Sides are around ten dollars each. Food was good but we have had the same quality other places for half the price.Special Features:
- Great environment!Foodie314Dined on 2/7/2014Great place to dine with a special someone. We loved the privacy curtains of our booth. The food is good but I know a couple of better steakhouses down the street. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014It was our 1yr anniversary and it was one to remember, we had never been, and it turned out to be quite a wonderful experience.one of the impressive geatures was the fresh rose petals placed on our table to honor our anniversary, aslo the arch was our backdrop which was just breathtaking. The service was superb. The lobster voodoo was phenomenal, our food was just amazing along with the presentation. .we will definitely return..Mr&Mrs. J. KingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steaks and sides are secondetbuilderVIPDined on 1/4/2014The steaks and sides are second to none in St. Louis, along with the service and the views its always an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- High Blood pressure!!TreeBDined on 12/31/2013The stuffed chicken was over seasoned. It was very tender but way too salty so I couldn't enjoy it. The prices are ridiculous, my side order of Julienne potatoes were $11.00 and my side of broccoli was $9.00. The entree doesn't come with sides. The waitress wrote the tip on my receipt which I thought was tacky. I made reservations for 8 people. It was my first time going and most likely my last.Special Features:
- Christmas Eve at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013What a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve dinner! Fantastic food and service. Great surroundings overlooking the Arch grounds. A great way to spend time with the family without cooking and cleaning. I highly recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice diningJoykVIPDined on 11/24/2013We spent the night at the hotel on the way home. We were tired and did not want to leave for a meal. Ruth's Chris was perfect. Everything was very nice. The only small problem was that we had to wait a little longer for service at times. This was due to the fact that they were busy due to an NFL game that had ended prior to our seating. Everything overall was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slowCliffDined on 11/23/2013Have been to Ruth"s Chris several times, and is usually very good. This time our server was a bit slow, and seemed to be overwhelmed at times. It was a very busy Saturday night .Special Features:
- As always, food and serviceetbuilderVIPDined on 11/22/2013As always, food and service were impeccable. Great setting and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Steaks are second to none and the sides were all sesational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst of all Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013We have eaten at many Ruth's Chris across the country. This was the poorest of all that we have eaten. The service was not "polished" and the food (although good) seemed to be lacking slightly from the usual Ruth's Chris food. This would be ok except that Ruth's Chris prices can be high and one would expect to get food and service to match. This Ruth's Chris does not live up to expectations
- Steak was great as alwaysRickDined on 11/2/2013Steak was great as all Ruth's seem to be After that.. Not great for the price Food was warm. Potatoes not done Services all though friendly were never around .. 10 percent tip ..Special Features:
- wonderful meal! deliciouscheerDined on 9/23/2013wonderful meal! delicious food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Excellent food and some ofAppdocDined on 9/19/2013Excellent food and some of the best service I have ever seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knowledgeable staff, great foodTay218Dined on 9/12/2013Modern look and feel, prime time $35/4 course special runs daily (get the ribeye, much better than the filet) excellent service. One of my better RC experiences. Fyi, out of towners, be prepared for the 11% tax... :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner was fabulous andBARBARAVIPDined on 9/6/2013Our dinner was fabulous and all of our servers were extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. I will always go back to Ruth's Chris Steak House when I'm craving a good steak dinner.Special Features:
- We would have preferred softmaamDined on 9/1/2013We would have preferred soft classical or jazz music to the pop music that was playing, and the sports channels available at the table were not necessary for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.