Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
6000 Fairview Road
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruths-chris.com/
- Phone: 7045561115
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: Dinner 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Dunn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details. 704.556.1115
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Our SouthPark location, created in the classic Southern style, features a spacious dining room and private dining areas. Surrounded by dark hardwoods and artisan tiling, you'll feel as if you're back in New Orleans. All beef is USDA Prime, prepared in 1800 degree broilers and served on 500 degree plates, and all accoutrements inspired by Ruth's New Orleans heritage. Let us know of any specific requests for an evening with that special someone, and we'll take care of the details. Life's too short to eat anywhere else.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (92)notable wine list (77)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great first time experiencefoodie704Dined on 8/28/2014My daughter and her fiance took my husband and myself here for my birthday. Our server, Benjamin, was awesome!! Food was really good and the restaurant lived up to my expectations. This was my first dining expernience with Ruth's Chris, but it will not be my last. The night was made very special by the very attentive staff and great food.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris Restaurant EXCELLENTrellemDined on 8/26/2014There was no waiting for a table. The service was definitely outstanding both in attention but not too much attention. The food was excellent. We had one of the special dinners that included salad, main course, sides, and desert. Wine that we chose was new to us and was very good and would have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClemDined on 8/25/2014Thoroughly enjoy the summer menu specials and especially the strawberry, blue chesse, almond salad which was a killer! Compliments to the chef for a well prepared meal which we really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Ruth Chris is a good place for a special occasion. We celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service aCalorenDined on 8/23/2014For my first time here I was absolutely blown away. Corn chowder had amazing flavor and the filet with blue cheese crust and lobster tail was probably one of the best I've ever had. Cooked perfectly. My friend had the ribeye and said it was amazing. Sides are big enough to share. Our server, Nate, was awesome. Very fun, personable and knowledgable about the menu. Gave great suggestions. He made our experience exactly what it was. Amazing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerBobnlaurVIPDined on 8/19/2014Jameer was the best server ever! So attentive and lovely !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premier ExcellenceSandy7VIPDined on 8/16/2014Where to begin? Ruth's Chris just cannot be beat when it comes to being the whole package. The food,while pricey, is devine. The service is impeccable. It offers the best steaks in town. I know that Charlotte has several steak houses but honestly the others are overrated. We'll certainly go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We decided to have dinner in the bar and it was wonderful. Nikky was very attentive to our needs and we had a delicious steak dinner with some great wine! We will most definitely be coming back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I recently came in to celebrate our one year anniversary. They had rose pedals laid out on the table as a special touch for our occasion. We had Jamaar as our server and he took legendary service to a whole new level. He was extremely professional and very knowledgeable regarding any questions we had about the menu and wine list. The steaks were so tender you didn't need a knife to cut into it. Our dinner was so enjoyable it was all we were talking about for the next few days. This is the best place to come for a special occasion dinner because the staff will go above and beyond to make it memorable. We can't wait to come backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014It was my Mom's 81st birthday and everyone treated her like a Queen ThanksSpecial Features:
- Best steakTkdmama1Dined on 8/3/2014Most amazing steak in Charlotte! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4catsVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everyone at Ruth's Chris made my Birthday special. Nate gave us excellent service and made the evening special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceGarryjacDined on 8/2/2014Excellent dining experience. We have been at this Ruth Chris several times over the past few years. All the food was prepared as requested. Service was very good. No issues to note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with friendsJaneDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris is always my go-to place for special occasions or a fun night out with friends. Seven of us met there recently for dinner and wine, were seated promptly, and were well cared for by the attentive yet unobtrusive wait staff. The waiters are always knowledgeable about wine selection, and this visit was no exception. We enjoyed a couple of bottles of a wonderful Cabernet, and our steaks were cooked to perfection. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My first time and it was very nice and the food was very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last year.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014We had the opportunity to be seated outside and it was wonderful. But the steaks were not good as they had been last year and the service was slow. (For instance, I would have had another glass of wine if our server had inquired sooner. ) I like a crust on my steak and our steaks had little color.Special Features:
- We were treated like royaltyLovenotcookingDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Ruth Chris with excellent attention and wonderful courses of delicious food. We went on a Tuesday so all the tables weren't full allowing for a very comfortable noise level. This is a terrific spot for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris the name says it allTravDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant ranks in my top 3. Very good food. I had the stuffed chicken and it was the best chicken I've had in my life. My girlfriend loved the filet with crispy onions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was niceKorsfanDined on 7/26/2014The food was good but for the money it was overrated. I would never go back.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak South ParkGinkoDined on 7/26/2014Table for 4, we were packed in the center of the Dinning area with neighboring tables too close, almost claustrophobic feeling. My wife sent her steak back, too much pepper. It's replacement was a much nicer and a more tender cut. My pork chop was very tasty however the garlic mashed potatoes were not as hot as I liked. The couple dinning with us enjoyed their steak and chicken.Special Features:
- Wonderful, WonderfulButchVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our favorite place to dine. The food and service is always as expected - - in a most relaxing kind and friendly atomsphere.Special Features:
- what happened to the filet?carnivoreDined on 7/25/2014We go to Ruth's Chris at South Park quite frequently because we love the filet. We ordered it, of course, this past Friday night. It was no where near the good filet we are used to. A lot of grizzle. Maybe they changed the fillet for Queens Feast because of cost issues??? Tyler and Emily were absolutely fabulous and we will request them again. We will give them another chance when Queens Feast is over but we won't be going back there during the event again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time Experience!foodiebeeDined on 7/25/2014My Mom and I tried Ruth's Chris during restaurant week in Charlotte. We had a wonderful experience. The food was incredible and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 7/25/2014Food was delicious and great deal for restaurant week. Service was very good too.Special Features:
- restaurant weekNKSCVIPDined on 7/25/2014a must to hit every restaurant week I did notice the salad course was much smaller than before, entrees were awesome as always !!! seated immediately at our reservation time !!Special Features:
- Disappointing/ Not up to Normal ParDisappointingDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I went here for restuarant week and the portion sizes and food were surprisingly disappointing!!!! I ordered the lettuce wedge which was less than 1/8th of a head of lettuce.....maybe 2 fork fulls.....the Filet was only 6 oz and then another $14 to upgrade to an 11 oz and the sides less than a single size portion. The wine list was extensive, however, the bottles of wine were way too expensive unless you wanted the one or two ones on special. Bottom line, for the amount of money we spent here for Restuarant Week after the upgrades and to still be hungry afterwards, we should have gone to many of the other wonderful restuarants that weren't so cost conscious and actually offered enough food for the money. We won't return.Special Features:
- 4catsVIPDined on 7/25/2014Even though it was Restaurant week and packed Ruth's Chris staff was as efficient as ever. Greeted by the beautiful and gracious Elaine and taken to our favorite booth by another lovely young lady the evening was a delight. Both Steve and Christy came by to speak to us and our favorite waiter Dave gave us his usual wonderful service. The drinks and the food were superb as usual. At Ruth's Chris you are treated so special. LizSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDanODined on 7/25/2014Sizzling steak always a treat, and Service was superb!Special Features:
- DisappointmentClemDined on 7/24/2014The salad chef and expositor had quite a nerve sending out a couple of Wedges that were unaccectable. The other disappointment was the desert that seems to never change on the Retaurant Week menu. Please come up with something other than the cheesecake and chocolate. It's the cheesecake that's objectable.Special Features:
- The food was goodHonesty2Dined on 7/24/2014The food was absolutely the best I've ever had. I love the chicken as well as the steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, good foodCampgirlDined on 7/22/2014First time at this restaurant. There were. 5 of us. Service was awesome and the food was great. Probably one of the best steaks I have ever had. Would recommend anyone to try this restaurant during queenfest weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds Expectations every visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014Every time I have been to Ruth Chris, the hostesses are friendly, I have a great server and the food is consistently fabulous! Personally, I love the South Park location because it is a brighter restaurant. I also love to eat outside when weather permits. I have given up all other steak houses in Charlotte because they are always a bit of a disappointment and I wish I were back at Ruth Chris .Special Features:
- Four dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014All four of us were served an excellent meal. Benjamin is one of our favorite servers!Special Features:
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Jamaar was great. I am in the fine dining industry and had a wonderful experience. Thank YouI would recommend this to a friend.
- ae4atDined on 7/20/2014Excellent food. Would be a little too pricy without Queens Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualAwesomeDined on 7/20/2014This was our fourth year of eating at Ruth's Chris during restaurant week. Food and service was excellent as usual, although food portions seemed a little smaller. It is still a great bargin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a quick review6082Dined on 7/20/2014I love going to Ruth Chris. In my opinion they have the best steaks bar none compared to any other restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great ServiceBirdyladyDined on 7/20/2014Once again, Charlotte Restaurant Week brought us back to Ruth's Chris. And as always, the food was fresh, tasty and thoroughly enjoyed by all. And the service was top notch.Special Features:
- TURBOTurboDined on 7/19/2014my steak was great, wife steak was way overcooked (they did correct that) ff potatoes were cold ,salad was okay way too much dressing,wife salad had lettuce core in it. dessert was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeeksarahdineDined on 7/19/2014We went during restaurant week. The food was excellent as always. The restaurant was very busy. Our server seemed a bit lost at times.Special Features: