Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
6000 Fairview Road
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruths-chris.com/
- Phone: 7045561115
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: Dinner 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Dunn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details. 704.556.1115
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Our SouthPark location, created in the classic Southern style, features a spacious dining room and private dining areas. Surrounded by dark hardwoods and artisan tiling, you'll feel as if you're back in New Orleans. All beef is USDA Prime, prepared in 1800 degree broilers and served on 500 degree plates, and all accoutrements inspired by Ruth's New Orleans heritage. Let us know of any specific requests for an evening with that special someone, and we'll take care of the details. Life's too short to eat anywhere else.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (93)notable wine list (79)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Consistantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Ruth's Chris is a favorite place of ours to dine. The food and service are consistantly excellent. We always have a good time and enjoy our experience and food everytime. We were celebrating with family and there is a good selection of menu items that will be sure to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarhee2tarheel2VIPDined on 10/13/2014Love coming to Ruth Chris but we booked a 1000 pt table and only received 100 pts yesterday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLAScottDined on 10/10/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for the first time as we had received a gift card from a co-worker. Absolutely loved everything. Our server David was great. Did not rush us and was very good at explaining their menu and what it is that sets Ruth Chris apart from other steakhouses in Charlotte. Not a single thing I drank or ate disappointed. The two petite filets with the lump crab and the New Orleans BBQ Butter was AMAZING! Definitely look forward to another date night as this will be my recommendation!Special Features:
- Friday Night ExcusionRavioliDined on 10/10/2014Dinner at Ruth Chris is always a Special Time because the food is great. As an appetizer, we had Veal Ravioli with spinach and it was GREAT. The other appetizer was barbecue shrimp and it was GREAT. The spinach as our side dish was too bland and I reported it to our server - Kelly. She was nice and had it removed from the bill. I was surprised and pleased because it makes me want to returned. Our main course was also great. As always, we enjoy our food and the atmosphere. Have more specials for we used the gift card from the last special offer given earlier this year. Just continue the good service and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlessedDined on 10/10/2014Great food and service(Ben and Ashlyn).! We took some food home with us and it tasted great the next day.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Our server, Jamaal, was perhaps the best server I have ever had in nearly 50 years of dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love'EmFinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014No doubt said this before - they are the BEST - the family we all wish we had. From ambience to service to the best food in town - Ruth's Chris is #1 on our list of favorites.Special Features:
- Excpetional Service!foodieatheartVIPDined on 10/9/2014Ruth's Chris never disappoints and has always been a family favorite. Beautiful smiling hosts to make you feel welcome and right at home and the servers are amazing. Fantastic wine and now a totally new look with updated décor and renovations. Will go again and again!!!Special Features:
- Great steakskduckDined on 10/4/2014We love the steaks here. We also got the broccoli au gratin. It was awesome. We come here for our birthdays every year and it is a great place for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeFitnessDivaDined on 10/3/2014great first time experience. Food was excellent especially the steak! Great service and friendly staff!!Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceSCVisitorVIPDined on 10/3/2014Take my wife to dinner for her 40th birthday as she enjoys fine dining, particularly steaks. RC at South Park once again did not disappoint. Our server Shelly was outstanding, right down to remembering to put ginger ale in my "sparkling wine" glass (as designated driver) to match my wife's Champaign for the birthday dessert. The steaks, wine and sides were excellent as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceCarolinaGirlDined on 9/29/2014Went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. We didn't make a big deal of it. Our waiter saw the gift bag and brought her out a delicious fudge cheesecake/cupcake. That was a nice gesture.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation and was seated promptly. Within 5 minutes the server was asking for our drink orders which definitely set the tone for the evening. Very professional and knowledgable of the menu/bar. Food presentation was great and absolutely delicious and drinks were stiff. Large portions, could not eat it all. Server asked for our valet parking ticket and got our vehicle in advance (extra touch). The service that evening was OUTSTANDING! It made our wedding anniversary celebration even more special.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure!JthewnDined on 9/21/2014I chose Ruth's Chris Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday with my husband and it did not disappoint. We selected the summer menu which included a salad or soup, entree & dessert for $49.95! My husband's strawberry blue cheese almond salad was light and summery and my corn chowder was delicious. We shared both. My steak and lobster tail was cooked perfectly and my husband, who insists on just the right amount of pinkness to his meat was also very pleased. I have 2 criticisms. They use an inordinate amount of butter-the green beans as well as my steak and lobster was covered in it. Also, they use bacon without mentioning it on the menu. I had to pick it out of my soup since I can't have nitrates and the potatoes were covered as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRGatGBPDined on 9/20/2014Had a very nice anniversary dinner at Ruth's Chris this past weekend. Service was excellent and the food was delicious. The main dining room is quite large and brighter than I would have expected. Don't know it that's due to the ongoing renovations, or not. Regardless, we had a great meal and a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Great to take someone specialBakindaveDined on 9/13/2014We were very well taken care of. Our servers were clearly there to make sure our dinner was perfect. They were present but not in the way. Food was excellent, sure to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceJAPAN54Dined on 9/12/2014My wife & I had an awesome dining experience , this is our third straight year dining there on our wedding anniversary. The food, ambience & service were outstanding. The only down side was the extremely LOUD party of 8 seated adjacent to us , making it hard for my wife & I to communicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFantasticDined on 9/12/2014My petite filet was oitstanding. Best steak I have had in a very long time! Our server Ben was excellent. The entire staff was on point. Do not hesitate dining at Ruth's Chris. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualLookn4goodfoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014Needed a great meal to celebrate a very busy summer. As usual the food and service did not disappoint. Filet and lobster were prepared to perfection. Wine paring was excellent choice. Service from the staff outstanding. Always had great experience in the past, and this time was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experiencefoodie704Dined on 8/28/2014My daughter and her fiance took my husband and myself here for my birthday. Our server, Benjamin, was awesome!! Food was really good and the restaurant lived up to my expectations. This was my first dining expernience with Ruth's Chris, but it will not be my last. The night was made very special by the very attentive staff and great food.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris Restaurant EXCELLENTrellemDined on 8/26/2014There was no waiting for a table. The service was definitely outstanding both in attention but not too much attention. The food was excellent. We had one of the special dinners that included salad, main course, sides, and desert. Wine that we chose was new to us and was very good and would have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClemDined on 8/25/2014Thoroughly enjoy the summer menu specials and especially the strawberry, blue chesse, almond salad which was a killer! Compliments to the chef for a well prepared meal which we really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Ruth Chris is a good place for a special occasion. We celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service aCalorenDined on 8/23/2014For my first time here I was absolutely blown away. Corn chowder had amazing flavor and the filet with blue cheese crust and lobster tail was probably one of the best I've ever had. Cooked perfectly. My friend had the ribeye and said it was amazing. Sides are big enough to share. Our server, Nate, was awesome. Very fun, personable and knowledgable about the menu. Gave great suggestions. He made our experience exactly what it was. Amazing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodVeraisonDined on 8/23/2014The Bone-in Filet Mignon is the best cut of meat on the marketSpecial Features:
- ServerBobnlaurVIPDined on 8/19/2014Jameer was the best server ever! So attentive and lovely !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premier ExcellenceSandy7VIPDined on 8/16/2014Where to begin? Ruth's Chris just cannot be beat when it comes to being the whole package. The food,while pricey, is devine. The service is impeccable. It offers the best steaks in town. I know that Charlotte has several steak houses but honestly the others are overrated. We'll certainly go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/13/2014We decided to have dinner in the bar and it was wonderful. Nikky was very attentive to our needs and we had a delicious steak dinner with some great wine! We will most definitely be coming back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I recently came in to celebrate our one year anniversary. They had rose pedals laid out on the table as a special touch for our occasion. We had Jamaar as our server and he took legendary service to a whole new level. He was extremely professional and very knowledgeable regarding any questions we had about the menu and wine list. The steaks were so tender you didn't need a knife to cut into it. Our dinner was so enjoyable it was all we were talking about for the next few days. This is the best place to come for a special occasion dinner because the staff will go above and beyond to make it memorable. We can't wait to come backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014It was my Mom's 81st birthday and everyone treated her like a Queen ThanksSpecial Features:
- Best steakTkdmama1Dined on 8/3/2014Most amazing steak in Charlotte! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4catsVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everyone at Ruth's Chris made my Birthday special. Nate gave us excellent service and made the evening special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceGarryjacDined on 8/2/2014Excellent dining experience. We have been at this Ruth Chris several times over the past few years. All the food was prepared as requested. Service was very good. No issues to note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with friendsJaneDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris is always my go-to place for special occasions or a fun night out with friends. Seven of us met there recently for dinner and wine, were seated promptly, and were well cared for by the attentive yet unobtrusive wait staff. The waiters are always knowledgeable about wine selection, and this visit was no exception. We enjoyed a couple of bottles of a wonderful Cabernet, and our steaks were cooked to perfection. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My first time and it was very nice and the food was very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last year.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014We had the opportunity to be seated outside and it was wonderful. But the steaks were not good as they had been last year and the service was slow. (For instance, I would have had another glass of wine if our server had inquired sooner. ) I like a crust on my steak and our steaks had little color.Special Features:
- We were treated like royaltyLovenotcookingDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Ruth Chris with excellent attention and wonderful courses of delicious food. We went on a Tuesday so all the tables weren't full allowing for a very comfortable noise level. This is a terrific spot for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris the name says it allTravDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant ranks in my top 3. Very good food. I had the stuffed chicken and it was the best chicken I've had in my life. My girlfriend loved the filet with crispy onions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was niceKorsfanDined on 7/26/2014The food was good but for the money it was overrated. I would never go back.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak South ParkGinkoDined on 7/26/2014Table for 4, we were packed in the center of the Dinning area with neighboring tables too close, almost claustrophobic feeling. My wife sent her steak back, too much pepper. It's replacement was a much nicer and a more tender cut. My pork chop was very tasty however the garlic mashed potatoes were not as hot as I liked. The couple dinning with us enjoyed their steak and chicken.Special Features: