Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
6000 Fairview Road
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruths-chris.com/
- Phone: (704) 556-1115
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: Dinner 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Dunn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details. 704.556.1115
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Our SouthPark location, created in the classic Southern style, features a spacious dining room and private dining areas. Surrounded by dark hardwoods and artisan tiling, you'll feel as if you're back in New Orleans. All beef is USDA Prime, prepared in 1800 degree broilers and served on 500 degree plates, and all accoutrements inspired by Ruth's New Orleans heritage. Let us know of any specific requests for an evening with that special someone, and we'll take care of the details. Life's too short to eat anywhere else.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Charlotte - South Park reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (71)notable wine list (61)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- BenjaminOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Ben was the PERFECT server! His knowledge of food & beverage choices were SPOT-ON! A very attentive server and we will request the pleasure of his company every time we dine at Ruth's Chris - SouthPark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/15/2014As usual, fantastic, all the way around. Made to feel very special and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris great place to eatlove2eatDined on 11/14/2014The food, service and atmosphere is always on point with your occasion. The steaks are great and if you don't finish eating all there the next day they still taste great. That should let you know the quality of food being served and just how well it is prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsCltaiadDined on 11/10/2014Fantastic service and delicious food. Thank you to the wonderful staff at the Sourhpark location for a sublime evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, seemed understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a 7:30 reservation for a party of 4 but when we got there we were directed to the bar area where we weren't seated until well after 8. We were offered a complimentary appetizer on the house. After we ordered the food took quite a while to come out so we got full off of bread and salads. By the time the food came we weren't hungry anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchfoodiekingDined on 11/7/2014Everything was perfect as always! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4catsVIPDined on 11/4/2014Ruth's Chris has a new look but the wonderful staff and food has not changed! What a wonderful evening my sister and I had. Our server Dave as always was superb, Steve and Christy were as welcoming and gracious as always. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodquestionableVIPDined on 11/3/2014As always great food and service. I had my usual the stuffed chicken and I am never disappointed! Can't wait for our next visit to the Southpark Ruth Chris. We had the lobster appetizer and it was wonderful. This still is a favorite restaurant on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always cooked to PerfectionVinoVIPDined on 10/31/2014No complaints here. Service was top notch. Newly remodeled dining room looks great. Steaks - awesome, best in town. Cooked exactly as ordered. Side dishes plentiful. Wine was exceptional. Dessert was divine. Hands down the best steak house in town. The place across the street doesn't hold a candle to Ruth's Chris in my opinion. Love the Southpark location.Special Features:
- AwesomefoodiekingDined on 10/27/2014Great as always!! They have never let us down before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinner ever!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Ruth's Chris South Park is one of our favorite places to dine in Charlotte, & there are so many great restaurants here! General Manager, Kenneth Pace really went above board knowing I was coming in to celebrate my (ahem) "39th birthday". Thank you Kenneth & server Ben for making my evening extra special. Aside from being treated like "queen for a day", all those special "touches" had me leaving with a big smile on my face. The food and presentation was extraordinary as always, and that birthday song that my husband planned with them for when my candlelit piece of cake was served was truly a GRAND FINALE to the occasion. A big THANK YOU to Kenneth, Ben & all our friends at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top of the line experienceBillDined on 10/24/2014Ruth Chris is a great dining experience at all levels, pricey, but you get what you pay for. We always feel welcome and well served whenever we dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningBabeMDined on 10/23/2014It was our anniversary. From the moment we gave our name everyone acknowledged our special day. The service was impeccable, food was delicious.We will gladly experience dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WounderfulmaddyforfoodDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner . The steak melts in your mouth. Our server Jamaar was the best. Also the wine that the general manager picked out for us perfect. Thank you for a great night.Special Features:
- FantasticfoodiekingDined on 10/19/2014Everything went just the way we planned. From the valet to the bar and the service complimented the perfectly cooked steaks. Everything was fantastic! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Ruth's Chris is a favorite place of ours to dine. The food and service are consistantly excellent. We always have a good time and enjoy our experience and food everytime. We were celebrating with family and there is a good selection of menu items that will be sure to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarhee2tarheel2VIPDined on 10/13/2014Love coming to Ruth Chris but we booked a 1000 pt table and only received 100 pts yesterday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLAScottDined on 10/10/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for the first time as we had received a gift card from a co-worker. Absolutely loved everything. Our server David was great. Did not rush us and was very good at explaining their menu and what it is that sets Ruth Chris apart from other steakhouses in Charlotte. Not a single thing I drank or ate disappointed. The two petite filets with the lump crab and the New Orleans BBQ Butter was AMAZING! Definitely look forward to another date night as this will be my recommendation!Special Features:
- Friday Night ExcusionRavioliDined on 10/10/2014Dinner at Ruth Chris is always a Special Time because the food is great. As an appetizer, we had Veal Ravioli with spinach and it was GREAT. The other appetizer was barbecue shrimp and it was GREAT. The spinach as our side dish was too bland and I reported it to our server - Kelly. She was nice and had it removed from the bill. I was surprised and pleased because it makes me want to returned. Our main course was also great. As always, we enjoy our food and the atmosphere. Have more specials for we used the gift card from the last special offer given earlier this year. Just continue the good service and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlessedDined on 10/10/2014Great food and service(Ben and Ashlyn).! We took some food home with us and it tasted great the next day.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Our server, Jamaal, was perhaps the best server I have ever had in nearly 50 years of dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love'EmFinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014No doubt said this before - they are the BEST - the family we all wish we had. From ambience to service to the best food in town - Ruth's Chris is #1 on our list of favorites.Special Features:
- Excpetional Service!foodieatheartVIPDined on 10/9/2014Ruth's Chris never disappoints and has always been a family favorite. Beautiful smiling hosts to make you feel welcome and right at home and the servers are amazing. Fantastic wine and now a totally new look with updated décor and renovations. Will go again and again!!!Special Features:
- Great steakskduckDined on 10/4/2014We love the steaks here. We also got the broccoli au gratin. It was awesome. We come here for our birthdays every year and it is a great place for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeFitnessDivaDined on 10/3/2014great first time experience. Food was excellent especially the steak! Great service and friendly staff!!Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceSCVisitorVIPDined on 10/3/2014Take my wife to dinner for her 40th birthday as she enjoys fine dining, particularly steaks. RC at South Park once again did not disappoint. Our server Shelly was outstanding, right down to remembering to put ginger ale in my "sparkling wine" glass (as designated driver) to match my wife's Champaign for the birthday dessert. The steaks, wine and sides were excellent as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceCarolinaGirlDined on 9/29/2014Went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. We didn't make a big deal of it. Our waiter saw the gift bag and brought her out a delicious fudge cheesecake/cupcake. That was a nice gesture.Special Features:
- Nit all thatTerim123VIPDined on 9/28/2014This dining establishment is over-priced and over-rated. Nothing on this menu is unique in appearance, taste, or a display of culinary talent. Definitely NOT a WOW!
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation and was seated promptly. Within 5 minutes the server was asking for our drink orders which definitely set the tone for the evening. Very professional and knowledgable of the menu/bar. Food presentation was great and absolutely delicious and drinks were stiff. Large portions, could not eat it all. Server asked for our valet parking ticket and got our vehicle in advance (extra touch). The service that evening was OUTSTANDING! It made our wedding anniversary celebration even more special.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure!JthewnDined on 9/21/2014I chose Ruth's Chris Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday with my husband and it did not disappoint. We selected the summer menu which included a salad or soup, entree & dessert for $49.95! My husband's strawberry blue cheese almond salad was light and summery and my corn chowder was delicious. We shared both. My steak and lobster tail was cooked perfectly and my husband, who insists on just the right amount of pinkness to his meat was also very pleased. I have 2 criticisms. They use an inordinate amount of butter-the green beans as well as my steak and lobster was covered in it. Also, they use bacon without mentioning it on the menu. I had to pick it out of my soup since I can't have nitrates and the potatoes were covered as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRGatGBPDined on 9/20/2014Had a very nice anniversary dinner at Ruth's Chris this past weekend. Service was excellent and the food was delicious. The main dining room is quite large and brighter than I would have expected. Don't know it that's due to the ongoing renovations, or not. Regardless, we had a great meal and a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Great to take someone specialBakindaveDined on 9/13/2014We were very well taken care of. Our servers were clearly there to make sure our dinner was perfect. They were present but not in the way. Food was excellent, sure to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceJAPAN54Dined on 9/12/2014My wife & I had an awesome dining experience , this is our third straight year dining there on our wedding anniversary. The food, ambience & service were outstanding. The only down side was the extremely LOUD party of 8 seated adjacent to us , making it hard for my wife & I to communicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFantasticDined on 9/12/2014My petite filet was oitstanding. Best steak I have had in a very long time! Our server Ben was excellent. The entire staff was on point. Do not hesitate dining at Ruth's Chris. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualLookn4goodfoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014Needed a great meal to celebrate a very busy summer. As usual the food and service did not disappoint. Filet and lobster were prepared to perfection. Wine paring was excellent choice. Service from the staff outstanding. Always had great experience in the past, and this time was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experiencefoodie704Dined on 8/28/2014My daughter and her fiance took my husband and myself here for my birthday. Our server, Benjamin, was awesome!! Food was really good and the restaurant lived up to my expectations. This was my first dining expernience with Ruth's Chris, but it will not be my last. The night was made very special by the very attentive staff and great food.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris Restaurant EXCELLENTrellemDined on 8/26/2014There was no waiting for a table. The service was definitely outstanding both in attention but not too much attention. The food was excellent. We had one of the special dinners that included salad, main course, sides, and desert. Wine that we chose was new to us and was very good and would have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClemVIPDined on 8/25/2014Thoroughly enjoy the summer menu specials and especially the strawberry, blue chesse, almond salad which was a killer! Compliments to the chef for a well prepared meal which we really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Ruth Chris is a good place for a special occasion. We celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service aCalorenDined on 8/23/2014For my first time here I was absolutely blown away. Corn chowder had amazing flavor and the filet with blue cheese crust and lobster tail was probably one of the best I've ever had. Cooked perfectly. My friend had the ribeye and said it was amazing. Sides are big enough to share. Our server, Nate, was awesome. Very fun, personable and knowledgable about the menu. Gave great suggestions. He made our experience exactly what it was. Amazing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.