Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington
100 West Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/111125/South-Barrington
- Phone: 8475513730
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joel Hassanali
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in South Barrington, IL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: For business or pleasure your private event at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in South Barrington will be talked about for all of the right reasons. There is a dedicated sales manager at each location to oversee all the details of your event from start to finish.
- Private Party Contact: Christi Kordek 8883383129
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington
Ruth's Chris Steak House in South Barrington, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington - Best Restaurants in Barrington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (54)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not what I expectedhtchkl8tDined on 8/31/2014The dish I ordered sounded better on the menu that what was actually presented. I ordered the chefs special Chilean Sea Bass with Crab meat and it was supposed to have some basil tomato accompaniment but all it was were two large beef steak tomato slices. I do have to say the Sweet Potato side dish I had was good but to me read more along the lines of a dessert versus a savory side. No need to return. I tried it and that is good enough for me. My husband who is a meat guy wasn't that impressed as well. More hype than a delicious bite.
- poor managementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We went to this location to celebrate our son going to college. He ordered his fillet Medium-well. It came out BURNT. Manager took it back, BUT HE DIDN"T COME BACK WITH THE NEW ONE. Nieither did our waitress, it was the BUS BOY. REALLY??? Not only that the second Medium-well fillet was RAW! And the waitress took that one back and then the manager returned that one to the table , finally was done correctly. Then our son ordered ice cream for dessert, no big deal, right? He gets served a FILTHY SPOON. Then we either expected the fillet to be credited or at least the ice cream, got neither, nor did the manager care to come back to our table. NEVER GO BACK TO THIS LOCATION AGAINSpecial Features:
- solid dinnerTheWolfsVIPDined on 8/30/2014We returned here for the 5th time with my in-laws as it is very close to their home. Always consistent food and service--very tasty--cowboy ribeye awesome.Special Features:
- Saturday NitelwmlladyDined on 8/30/2014Fun night with friends who it turned out were celebrating a major anniversary and the waitress made it very special for them a nice dessert. The food was excellent and hot when served and they gave us plenty of time to chat in between courses and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JewelsJewelsDined on 8/24/2014Food good, but prices are outrageous for ala carte!! I'd rather go to Cooper's Hawk for a steak, there food is spectular and prices reasonable. The only reason this restaurant will make it is due to location....South Barrington is a ritzy area. If located anywhere else, place would eventual close down.
- Lived up to its reputationAreaDinerDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Ruth's Chris. It was every bit as good as we heard it would be - and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodTeteof13Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the food !!! Atmosphere was great ! Service not so hot. Even the table next to us was complaining ! But the manager made good . I was sort of surprised by the bad service . It has never happened before to us. Maybe the waiter was having a bad night. All in all I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!RedheadVIPDined on 8/22/2014Never disappointing, always fabulous ! Tried the stuffed chicken and fell in love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- august diningDaveDined on 8/22/2014First time at this Ruth Chris in South Barrington IL. was a very good experience. Love the steaks!Special Features:
- What did go right...?JonJDined on 8/16/2014Waiter called the manager over once thing got out of hand and manager did his best to correct everything but the experience was a disaster. 3 time to get a steak correct... Really? It seemed the kitchen didn't read the order because they were only 1 out of 4 for meals prepared correctly to the order. Only excuse was under staffed kitchen on a Saturday night. I will give them a second chance because I have had great food and service before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything's better with butter!RedheadVIPDined on 8/14/2014Simply our favorite place to dine! We live to eat at the bar with Devin and crew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleluvfoodieDined on 8/2/2014I frequent the high end steak houses such as Mortons, Gibsons, Sullivans etc. and this was quite a disappointing experience. Our waitress was not very friendly or helpful in regard to the menu, we didn't receive the correct food, the shrimp was overcooked, the service slow, and we were overcharged and had to bring it to the attention of the server. Makes me wonder how many other customers were overcharged because they were not paying attention.
- TKLZVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a good meal and our server was good but never really engaged with you as a customer. She was present but never really engagedSpecial Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014I celebrated my birthday at Ruth's Chris, so there were seven of us. As appetizers, we enjoyed platters of calamari, shrimp, and crab cakes. Delicious! Then we had either filet mignon or rib eye, with béarnaise, fries, mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach. Some of the meat was not prepared exactly as we ordered, but it was tasty nevertheless. We had vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert. The service was very good. We would have preferred larger plates for the entrée and sides, to have meat and sides together.Special Features:
- AbbyAbbyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great as usual! The steaks are cooked to perfection. The complimentary birthday dessert was an added bonus and much appreciatedSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodYoyo12345667Dined on 7/31/2014Their service along with food was unbelievable. Great for special occssion and romance. We sat in the two person booth, it was private and romantic. They even took a picture for our anniversary and that unexpected memory meant do much.Special Features:
- Wifes Birthday DinnerRichard1Dined on 7/29/2014From the car valet, reception to wait staff service was beyond reproach, and of course the food was fantastic, a must place to experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014Great food and great service every time! We love coming here for birthdays and anniversaries. Food is consistent and great. Service is always perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious food!jeaterDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. We made reservations on OpenTable Ruth's Chris did everything possible to make us feel welcome. From small touches like putting our names congratulating us on our anniversary on the menu, providing us with a photograph of the night and seating us in a private booth. The food was excellent, the ambience was wonderful. We had a great time thanks Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate 26 years of marriage. The food was excellent as well as the service. The special little touches they added to our dining experience, customized menus and photo at the end our our evening, made our anniversary that much more special. We will definitely return for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodDuanesworldDined on 7/21/2014Great steaks and service, but bring you're credit cards, your gonna need them!!!Special Features:
- My ExperiencesweetsDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was nice, but to dark. My steak was not cooked how I asked, but I did not want to send it back. because everything just seemed to take a long time and I wanted to eat with everyone else. The menu was a little hard to understand the waiter had to explain it to us. The best thing was the creme brulee, it was awesome. I think it was to expensive for me. I would not go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Place to Eatpat9639Dined on 7/12/2014We were there last December, we thought the place was great then. As we were leaving we booked a Christmas Eve dinner for the family, but never made it. I was talking to the Manager, I told him everything was fantastic, including the server. I asked for a side I wish they had on the menu but, didn't was peas. His reply was you want peas, you got them. We never made it to Christmas Eve dinner, we were stuck out of town. We finally made it back there last Saturday evening, to my amazement, we had the same waiter. When he took my order, he said we also have your peas you requested last time. I was shocked, to my amazement, they actually made notes in the computer. I was very impressed. I will definitely be back there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Friendly reception, immediately seated, excellent service, delicious food but a bit on the salty side. First time visit and as expected very expensive. I will definitely revisit, when I win the lotto.Special Features:
- Great Food Really Poor ServiceErnie1MarianDined on 7/5/2014I took my fiancee to a birthday dinner at the South Barrington Ruth Chris, I have been to many other locations all over the U.S. and was sorely disappointed in the service, our waiter Justin was miffed that we ordered a $60 bottle of wine instead of the $150 bottle he recommended, from then on the service went down hill. My fiancee did not even receive the gratis birthday desert from our waiter, after I paid the bill and complained to the manager he was fairly benign about the whole thing. Very disappointing I will not go back to this location again, many other must feel the same way as the place was not crowded on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great all-around experienceMikeWarrenDined on 6/27/2014Steaks are excellent. Servers are very professional and friendly. The atmosphere was very comfortable. Even the side dishes were prepared with a high level of "taste enjoyment" involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South BarringtonBillsing97VIPDined on 6/22/2014The experience was comparable to other Ruth's Chris locations. For a high-end steak this is the place to go. The steak was prepared properly and it was high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDoloresVIPDined on 6/21/2014Always reliable. Great place to have dinner. The food is always wonderful and the servers a very friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable for oneTonyVIPDined on 6/16/2014I love this restaurant and I go there if I want a great steak. The wife had a great meal but my steak was over salted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- micsteVIPDined on 6/15/2014Steak great but Much too dark could hardly see the menu
- Great as alwaysBeckaDined on 6/15/2014We have come here several times for celebrating different occasions and have always had a great time. Food was good as always and service was great too. Had two small kids with us and the server was awesome with them. Everyone even the kids loved their food and was looking for more. My mother has never been and it very slow eater and was impressed that her food was hot the entire time. That is not normally the case when she eats out. I would recommend going this restaurant either going as big group or just the two of you. Great food, drinks and desserts.Special Features:
- 18th Birthday for daughterStu7117Dined on 6/14/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for my daughter's 18th birthday. Chose this restaurant based on previous experiences at downtown and New Orleans locations. I was very disappointed. Service was horrible as waitress seemed untrained, nervous, and unattentive. Could not understand her premeal speech , and she never checked on our level of satisfaction with the food served. The steaks were just average quality, but the prices were extreme. The side dishes were too highly priced ($10.00 apiece) for what you received, as the serving size was very small compared to other local steakhouses. Was not large enough for sharing as advertised. Very unhappy and expensive experience, and would probably choose another restaurant for future celebration dinners.Special Features:
- wonderful as alwaysLizandkatsDined on 6/14/2014We go to Ruth's Chris for birthdays and anniversaries and are always pleased. They make a great effort to recognize your celebration without going over the top with it. We have never had anything but great food and their servers are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwittTwittDined on 6/11/2014Best steak house I have been to in years have been back since this outingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing! Service outstanding!Tanya52Dined on 6/7/2014I have visited a couple of times and have been blown away. Enjoyed a fantastic dinner and the service is the best I've ever had. Would highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but ExpensiveIlliniEaterVIPDined on 6/5/2014We decided to go to Ruth Chris Steak House to celebrate a family member's birthday. We had been to a Ruth Chris Steak House, only once before - while on vacation in Washington, D.C. We found the restaurant in South Barrington and excellent find - the food was great, the menu very extensive, and excellent service. The only negative is that all items are Ala Carte and are quite expensive.Special Features:
- Foxriver33Dined on 6/5/2014Great service, good presentation of food. Memorable experience to celebrate our daughter's high school graduation.Special Features:
- Just OKRonZDined on 6/3/2014We have been to numerous Ruth's Chris restaurants all over the country including this, our second visit to this one. The waiter as usual was pleasant, informative and helpful. We were a little disappointed in the food this time. The Filets were cooked and seared perfectly but the quality and size of the steaks were lacking as far as all previous experiences and judging by Ruths Chris standards we have experienced in the past. These were not their typical thick, round cuts of filet that we expected and became used to. The side of my favorite Au Grautin were also disappointing. The potatos were very hard and undercooked and just a thin layer of cheese added to the top. Still love Ruth's Chris overall but disappointed on this trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Food and Service was excellent as usual. Never been disappointed with Ruth's Chris Steak House!Special Features:
- Celebrity StatusFoodieN8Dined on 5/31/2014Ruth's Chris staff treats customers as their number 1 priority. Each table has multiple staff assigned, so you won't have to hunt for your server to make an adjustment to your order, or request more wine. Their food is always top-notch, and the environment is warm and inviting.Special Features: