Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington
100 West Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/111125/South-Barrington
- Phone: 8475513730
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joel Hassanali
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in South Barrington, IL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: For business or pleasure your private event at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in South Barrington will be talked about for all of the right reasons. There is a dedicated sales manager at each location to oversee all the details of your event from start to finish.
- Private Party Contact: Christi Kordek 8883383129
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington
Ruth's Chris Steak House in South Barrington, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington - Best Restaurants in Barrington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (51)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (27)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Overcharged for mediocre mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We were charged $44 for something we didn't order which I didn't catch until I got home and in addition there was a mysterious $4 charge that is invisible on the bill but shows up in the total which really ticked me off. The service was slow which was OK for us but others may be annoyed. The steaks were very good but sides and desserts were very disappointing. Mash potatoes and asparagus were warm not hot, cheesecake and apple dessert were awful. Overall it was a mediocre meal for premium price.
- Great food, even better service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014We both had Classic Ruth's selections. Food was great, every bite. Genna(sic?) Provided excellent service without being a bother. Her assistant Jordan kept our booth area clean and removed plates at the opportune times. These 2 really made a great dinner exceptional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago-like fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014I felt like we had driven all the way into Chicago rather than the short distance to South Barrington once we sat down at Ruths Chris. We were celebrating a very special occasion, and thanks to Open Table we were treated very special. Food was perfect, service was perfect, atmosphere was perfect. Cost keeps Ruth's Chris reserved for special occasions only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and delicious food!fancydinersDined on 10/12/2014Our dinner for two was fantastic, we shared the delicious crab stuffed mushrooms with a martini before the main course and for dinner we ordered the Rib eye (a bit tough surprisingly for Ruth's Chris) and the Bone in Filet which was fantastic! We shared Potatoes Augratin, creamed spinach and asparagus - again, all delicious. Our server was Omar and his assistant Ivette. Ask for their section when you go, they are superb! Excellent service! We've eaten at Ruth's Chris in Los Angeles & Florida so we knew what to expect in both food and service and we weren't disappointed! This restaurant is expensive (our bill was almost $300 for 2 of us - with no coffee & dessert!) but it's worth it! Not a place for children or even teenagers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I CAN STILL HEAR THE SIZZLEDOUGIEZVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful birthday experience. Fabulous food and service. Nothing can beat the 500 degree plate or prime steak done as only Ruth's can. Try the Crabtini fro an app. Our server was the best ever at any Ruth's I have ever been to.Special Features:
- Fabulous steak & servicedaleannDined on 10/11/2014You can't go wrong with Ruth's Chris. Delicious raspberry & rosemary martini, memorable steaks - prepared to perfection, terrific service & wonderful ambiance. This place has it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerBarbDined on 10/10/2014Delicious food and wine along with friendly and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014Great Ambiance. Way too expensive for what you got...Special Features:
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Great place for a special occasion. Food and service are excellent. My only complaint is that the lighting is dim. It was hard to read the menu. Just turn it up a touch and it would be perfect.Special Features:
- Worst service everJoeRodriguezVIPDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Ruth Chris many times, this one is night and day different from the rest. We had the worst waiter (service) ever, our waiter would never even make it at McDonalds. We asked him (Jovani i believe) to take our picture and he almost had a melt down and told us "he would have to take a raincheck" and began to ramble on about how busy he was with other tables. A place like Ruth Chris should properly train all wait staff and if needed have enough waiters to cover customer requests weather it be a glass of water or a simple picture.Special Features:
- Great but......hermdDined on 9/14/2014The food was very good. The service was great, there were a few hiccups.... the food that was delivered to the table looked and smelled great but it was not the rite cut nor the rite temperature, however they did rectify the situation right away "no big deal it happens to everyone" then there was a another little faux pas... The server made a dessert recommendation with a beautiful wine pairing and suddenly everything was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YodaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our very busy seventeen year old grand daughter loves Ruth Chris. She was able to wedge her family and grand parents into a Sunday after noon birthday dinner. An excellent meal, a hit with all. We were all overserved, only due to our own overzealous appetites. Appetizers and salads are were we should have stopped. A round table for six was perfect for a lively conversation, and simplified plate passing. One guest in attendance had very specific dietary needs, which were met with a little free thinking by our waitress and razzle dazzle by the chef. When looking for a special occasion and a very fine meal, you can not go wrong at Ruth Chris. Keep in mind this is not cheap eats, but it is wonderful.
- devineDined on 9/10/2014We're always so pleased with the food and the service and plan to dine there more often in the future.Special Features:
- Excellent!!SharonDined on 9/6/2014We had the porterhouse steak for two, and it was delicious...just melted in your mouth. Oh, and I do want to mention the yummy crab cakes we had for an appetizer and the creamy lobster bisque. The espresso martini was the perfect dessert after having eaten so much for dinner.Special Features:
- Just OKJPT52Dined on 9/6/2014Service was very good but the Filet's we ordered were average in taste and a little on the tough side. Of all the Ruth Chris facilities I've been to this had the lowest by far on the Streak/Filet rating. Not a $150+ Meal for 2.Special Features:
- Cancelled due to power outageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Unfortunately due to a major storm the restaurant lost power and we were unable to dine. I know this is something beyond the restaurant's control, but it was extremely disappointing as we were celebrating our 5th Wedding anniversary. We did get a call from the restaurant alerting us to the closure, but we were already on our way to the restaurant when we received it. We look forward to rescheduling hopefully in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedhtchkl8tDined on 8/31/2014The dish I ordered sounded better on the menu that what was actually presented. I ordered the chefs special Chilean Sea Bass with Crab meat and it was supposed to have some basil tomato accompaniment but all it was were two large beef steak tomato slices. I do have to say the Sweet Potato side dish I had was good but to me read more along the lines of a dessert versus a savory side. No need to return. I tried it and that is good enough for me. My husband who is a meat guy wasn't that impressed as well. More hype than a delicious bite.
- poor managementjonesDined on 8/31/2014We went to this location to celebrate our son going to college. He ordered his fillet Medium-well. It came out BURNT. Manager took it back, BUT HE DIDN"T COME BACK WITH THE NEW ONE. Nieither did our waitress, it was the BUS BOY. REALLY??? Not only that the second Medium-well fillet was RAW! And the waitress took that one back and then the manager returned that one to the table , finally was done correctly. Then our son ordered ice cream for dessert, no big deal, right? He gets served a FILTHY SPOON. Then we either expected the fillet to be credited or at least the ice cream, got neither, nor did the manager care to come back to our table. NEVER GO BACK TO THIS LOCATION AGAINSpecial Features:
- solid dinnerTheWolfsVIPDined on 8/30/2014We returned here for the 5th time with my in-laws as it is very close to their home. Always consistent food and service--very tasty--cowboy ribeye awesome.Special Features:
- Saturday NitelwmlladyDined on 8/30/2014Fun night with friends who it turned out were celebrating a major anniversary and the waitress made it very special for them a nice dessert. The food was excellent and hot when served and they gave us plenty of time to chat in between courses and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JewelsJewelsDined on 8/24/2014Food good, but prices are outrageous for ala carte!! I'd rather go to Cooper's Hawk for a steak, there food is spectular and prices reasonable. The only reason this restaurant will make it is due to location....South Barrington is a ritzy area. If located anywhere else, place would eventual close down.
- Lived up to its reputationAreaDinerDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Ruth's Chris. It was every bit as good as we heard it would be - and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodTeteof13Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the food !!! Atmosphere was great ! Service not so hot. Even the table next to us was complaining ! But the manager made good . I was sort of surprised by the bad service . It has never happened before to us. Maybe the waiter was having a bad night. All in all I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!RedheadVIPDined on 8/22/2014Never disappointing, always fabulous ! Tried the stuffed chicken and fell in love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- august diningDaveDined on 8/22/2014First time at this Ruth Chris in South Barrington IL. was a very good experience. Love the steaks!Special Features:
- What did go right...?JonJDined on 8/16/2014Waiter called the manager over once thing got out of hand and manager did his best to correct everything but the experience was a disaster. 3 time to get a steak correct... Really? It seemed the kitchen didn't read the order because they were only 1 out of 4 for meals prepared correctly to the order. Only excuse was under staffed kitchen on a Saturday night. I will give them a second chance because I have had great food and service before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything's better with butter!RedheadVIPDined on 8/14/2014Simply our favorite place to dine! We live to eat at the bar with Devin and crew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleluvfoodieDined on 8/2/2014I frequent the high end steak houses such as Mortons, Gibsons, Sullivans etc. and this was quite a disappointing experience. Our waitress was not very friendly or helpful in regard to the menu, we didn't receive the correct food, the shrimp was overcooked, the service slow, and we were overcharged and had to bring it to the attention of the server. Makes me wonder how many other customers were overcharged because they were not paying attention.
- TKLZVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a good meal and our server was good but never really engaged with you as a customer. She was present but never really engagedSpecial Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014I celebrated my birthday at Ruth's Chris, so there were seven of us. As appetizers, we enjoyed platters of calamari, shrimp, and crab cakes. Delicious! Then we had either filet mignon or rib eye, with béarnaise, fries, mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach. Some of the meat was not prepared exactly as we ordered, but it was tasty nevertheless. We had vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert. The service was very good. We would have preferred larger plates for the entrée and sides, to have meat and sides together.Special Features:
- AbbyAbbyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great as usual! The steaks are cooked to perfection. The complimentary birthday dessert was an added bonus and much appreciatedSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodYoyo12345667Dined on 7/31/2014Their service along with food was unbelievable. Great for special occssion and romance. We sat in the two person booth, it was private and romantic. They even took a picture for our anniversary and that unexpected memory meant do much.Special Features:
- Wifes Birthday DinnerRichard1Dined on 7/29/2014From the car valet, reception to wait staff service was beyond reproach, and of course the food was fantastic, a must place to experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014Great food and great service every time! We love coming here for birthdays and anniversaries. Food is consistent and great. Service is always perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious food!jeaterDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. We made reservations on OpenTable Ruth's Chris did everything possible to make us feel welcome. From small touches like putting our names congratulating us on our anniversary on the menu, providing us with a photograph of the night and seating us in a private booth. The food was excellent, the ambience was wonderful. We had a great time thanks Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate 26 years of marriage. The food was excellent as well as the service. The special little touches they added to our dining experience, customized menus and photo at the end our our evening, made our anniversary that much more special. We will definitely return for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodDuanesworldDined on 7/21/2014Great steaks and service, but bring you're credit cards, your gonna need them!!!Special Features:
- My ExperiencesweetsDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was nice, but to dark. My steak was not cooked how I asked, but I did not want to send it back. because everything just seemed to take a long time and I wanted to eat with everyone else. The menu was a little hard to understand the waiter had to explain it to us. The best thing was the creme brulee, it was awesome. I think it was to expensive for me. I would not go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Place to Eatpat9639Dined on 7/12/2014We were there last December, we thought the place was great then. As we were leaving we booked a Christmas Eve dinner for the family, but never made it. I was talking to the Manager, I told him everything was fantastic, including the server. I asked for a side I wish they had on the menu but, didn't was peas. His reply was you want peas, you got them. We never made it to Christmas Eve dinner, we were stuck out of town. We finally made it back there last Saturday evening, to my amazement, we had the same waiter. When he took my order, he said we also have your peas you requested last time. I was shocked, to my amazement, they actually made notes in the computer. I was very impressed. I will definitely be back there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Friendly reception, immediately seated, excellent service, delicious food but a bit on the salty side. First time visit and as expected very expensive. I will definitely revisit, when I win the lotto.Special Features: