Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
727 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4094/Seattle
- Phone: 2066248524
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Stone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Seattle, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris has 2 private dining rooms available: one seats 20 people, one seats 60 people. Together they seat 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Arie Stewart 8887104299
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Seattle, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)fit for foodies (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Great placePatrickVIPDined on 9/6/2014While we love steak houses, for some reason we'd never been to a Ruth's Chris. Went partly because it was in our hotel (Grand Hyatt Seattle) and we couldn't have been happier. Our server was SO professional yet friendly, and we were particularly pleased that he didn't charge us a corkage fee. We had explained we brought a special bottle because we'd been wine tasting and we couldn't take it home on the plane with us, so he waved the usual $15 fee. Thought that was nice. Steak was superb (Porterhouse for 2). Avoided potatoes, but creamed spinach was delicious and not overly fattening and creamy like most are. The broccoli au gratin however was way more cheese that broccoli.
- 9th Anniversary CelebrationLocalFanDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 9th anniversary at Ruth's Chris, Seattle. For the occasion I decided to bring along my twin 7-year-old sons. To my surprise Ruth Chris had an excellent children's menu that included among the choices a 4 oz filet, side dish, drink and dessert. The boys were happy as clams. Our waitress, KT, was wonderful and the table was decorated for our anniversary. The staff was outstanding and the steaks, the prime reason we like Ruth's Chris were excellent. We've tried all the other steak houses in Seattle and keep coming back to Ruth Chris for their excellent service and outstanding steaks. Thank you for making our anniversary a wonderful time. Will see you again next year, and numerous times in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific BreakfastFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Seattle Ruth's Chris didn't disappoint. The food was great and the ambiance was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Steaks206dinersDined on 8/8/2014Fortunately, I was able to reserve a table for 3 on a Friday night. I wanted to treat my sons to a good steak since one of them was leaving for college this weekend. I had the New York cut and my sons ordered the petite filet w/shrimp. I've been to Ruth's Chris a couple times and I don't recall my steak being as good and flavorful. It was excellent --- cooked perfectly! My sons devoured their's as well. All-in-all, it was a wonderful dining experience -- from the beautiful, energetic hostess to the server and other staff.
- Fancy date night!MizSchuetzDined on 8/8/2014Great dinner before seeing a show at the Paramount. Food was perfection!Special Features:
- Always greatFlyhighVIPDined on 7/27/2014No matter in what city, this restaurant chain is always the best steak in town.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerChrisDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed the Ruth Chris Classic Dinners- 3 courses + personal side- fixed price menu. The meal size was more than enough and we both had delicious dinners. The Happy Birthday confetti scatter on our table recognized our special night out. We will return for this option which was affordable.Special Features:
- So-So Experience This Time AroundklynneannVIPDined on 7/8/2014This visit was not my most memorable. Requested a booth through Open Table reservation but was given a four top that felt like it was in the middle of the restaurant, despite the restaurant being 3/4 empty at the time (6:30 pm on a Tuesday). My fault for not asking to be moved, but I didn't realize how odd it felt until after I'd been sitting there for a good 10 minutes and then it felt weird to ask. I should have since I think it set the tone for the evening. The waiter was a little overbearing and seemed bored. The food was fine - my mother loved her filet mignon. My filet was slightly undercooked, but again, just didn't have the wherewithal that night to say anything. It was still good, though my husband's NY strip was more tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and Romantic...Yum206Dined on 7/4/2014My girlfriend and I went here in celebration of our two year anniversary and we couldn't have had a better all around experience. The food was amazing. We both had the filet mignon which was well seasoned and tender. The Lobster Mac & Cheese was a nice compliment to the steak. Well made drinks and a complimentary desert with a "Happy Anniversary" message written in chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014A great hidden neighborhood gem for "breakfast". I tell people all the time about Ruth's Chris breakfast. Everyone always associates Ruth's Chris for dinner. Ruth's Chris is more than just dinner...they'll provide a great affordable breakfast and the service is second to none!!! Last but not least, the decor upgrades are fantastic!!!Special Features:
- awesomekawaiibutterflyDined on 6/18/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris once before in Chicago, and the Seattle location was just as nice of an experience. I went there to celebrate my friend's birthday, and when we sat at the table, there was festive "Happy Birthday" confetti all over. All the staff member's wished my friend a happy birthday, and we got a complimentary dessert! He had a great time. I would definitely recommened Rith's Chris to anyone celebrating a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple good foodMonicaDined on 6/15/2014Their food is actually very simple. One of my complaints about some nicer restaurants is they can ruin a simple but tasty dish trying too hard to make it fancy. They don't make that mistake at Ruth's Chris. Their food is simple comfort food. Their wait staff appears to take their work seriously, and I appreciate that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic beef!!!!RodriguezDined on 6/7/2014Excellent place in downtown Seattle, close to theater. I loved the beef, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris - Never disappoints!USCTrojanMBAVIPDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has it nailed on the head. They deliver on all fronts! Great food - our salads were chilled, fresh, and crisp, perfectly cooked steaks and seafood (Scallops and Lobster). Service was impeccable. We told our server we were going to the theater and when we had leftovers to take home she suggested that we leave them at the restaurant where they would place them in the cooler and we could simple pick them up afterwards. That was much appreciated and so convenient. I always love it here and so we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 385 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews archive.
- Make sure to askTostupidtoaskDined on 5/10/2014I went for my one year anniversary. We both got the steak and lobster. The steak had a weird sauce it was not all too crazy about and lobster (and butter) was way too salty. I made the mistake of not asking for it to be replaced and have to say I did not enjoy my meal at all. I know if I would have asked, they would have changed it out. Completely my fault. The staff was warm and friendly and very apologetic. So when you go, make sure you ask for what you want. I would definitely go again and would have no problem in making sure my order is what I want.Special Features:
- great value for some menu itemssadsackDined on 5/10/2014Some of the lunch items such as the ixed grill items are of great value.Special Features:
- A home runOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014The staff, especially John our server hit a home run by making our 40th anniversary celebration dinner one to remember. Great attention to detail, great food, and excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary at this restaurant the night before boarding our ship for an Alaskan cruise. Simply said, the meal at this restaurant was the best part of our entire trip. The staff was friendly, attentive and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Incredible MealJH206Dined on 4/26/2014We have dined with Ruth's Chris numerous times in the past at numerous locations across the country. The food and experience this visit was as good as any we have had. We only had 90 minutes before a show we were heading to and they made things fit our schedule perfectly. We had a very comfortable booth in the main dining room. The 3 course meal that both my wife and I ordered provided more than enough food for a hearty appetite at an incredible price (salad, steak and lobster, and dessert for $55). We look forward to our next dining experience with Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd to noneScottDined on 4/25/2014The bone in filet is amazing. I have had several of their steaks. All are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/22/2014Have had breakfast, lunch and/or dinner at this "in-hotel" restaurant on several occasions. Normally pleased with other Ruth's Chris locations. This location needs help on all levels, inattentive service, and average tasting food.
- Very GoodIcegoddessDined on 3/29/2014We went for my birthday and our 21st Anniversary.....there were Birthday and Anniversary decorations on the table!!! The table seemed a little small for all the plates but we made due.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014They take awesome care of you when you first arrive and I loved the added touches for my moms birthday. But as the meal went on we slowly drifted farther into the corner and we were forgotten about, I ran out of water and it was never even refilled, and for a place with that high of average ticket price you would think that wouldn't happen. And we noticed the noise level was quite loud. But overall great food good service and I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from the time we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2014Great from the time we walked until we left...great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris always does a fineFoodieVIPDined on 3/25/2014Ruth Chris always does a fine job. Service was excellent. We needed to be out of there to catch a play and she made it happen for us. Food quality was great. Just as we expected.Special Features:
- Ruth's is awesomeBobbieDined on 3/25/2014Everything was wonderful. We had a delightful waitress!! The side dishes are huge, so plan on sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go for birthdaycassDined on 3/22/2014Great place to go for birthday celebration. Great ambiance; the steak was amazing. Service was excellent. The wine list was good but over priced.Special Features:
- Got kids?!?WithkidsthistimeDined on 3/22/2014Always tasty!! Excellent steak, phenomenal sides. Happy there was a kids menu - don't remember seeing it advertised at all iron the website. (Kids chicken breast was not spectacular though - my boy said he will pick steak if we take him back and he learned a lesson in ordering from a restaurants specialties.) Everything else was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014My steak was simply one of the best I have ever eaten. My mashed potatoes and creamed spinach was just OK. The service was very good. The table that I had was a half booth and half chair table. The booth part was broken and terribly uncomfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuffed Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I've been dining at Ruths Chris for years. Breakfast & dinner. The steaks are awesome but my favorite dish is that stuffed chicken! The best chicken I ever had! With Broccoli Au Gratin & Potatoes Au Gratin on the side! Best thang going!!!Special Features:
- Steak!onark12Dined on 3/14/2014Ruth Chris is a steak house, first and foremost, and they do it well. We've always been impressed with the tenderness of the meats and the preciseness of the cooking. Their menu of sides is moderate, but every item we've tasted was delightful, be sure to try the spinach au-gratin and the bbq shrimp. The service has always been quick, friendly, and efficient, with accommodating wait staff quickly working to make the visit the best they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodiesAnniversaryDined on 3/11/2014Dinner was very good. The weit staff was attentive and kind. We had our girls with us and they were impressed with the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good visitDarrenTVIPDined on 3/7/2014Been to this location many times and this time found service a little slow. We sat ahead of another table of 2 and they ended up getting their food 15 minutes before we did. Also steak wasn't up to their usual standards... Cost cutting?? It wasn't bad but wasn't the great food I know from past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in SeattleswimgalsalVIPDined on 3/7/2014My son and I had a very nice dinner at this hotel. I felt that the price was not too high for the amount of high quality food we received. The atmosphere was quiet and pleasant and conducive to talking and catching up. The steak was excellent and so were the bread and dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to adults without children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks I'vechristy2014VIPDined on 3/1/2014One of the best steaks I've had - the petite filet was really tender.Special Features:
- Seating Was a ChallengeLadyRedgerDined on 3/1/2014We love to frequent Ruth's Chris when we're in the city. Also, we bring out-of-town visitors to eat at Ruth's Chris as a special treat. The food is always excellent as well as the service. This particular visit was surprisingly different only because of the seating arrangement given to my friend and me. We were given a table right against a wall the had a table just about 5 feet above it. We were fine until someone was seated at that table. It was very odd eating our meal at someone's feet. It felt dirty so we asked to move. Our waiter moved us right away to a table nearby which was also right against a wall with a table above it. However, the table above us this time was slightly away from the edge so it didn't seem quite as bad.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/25/2014Excellent food, excellent service. What more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my GirlfriendPaulDined on 2/22/2014I contacted the restaurant prior to going and informed them it was my girlfriend's birthday. Upon being seated, there was a birthday card from Ruth's Chris and birthday confetti on the table. Nicely done! We both ordered fillets and I also ordered lobster! Everything was cooked to perfection. We loved everything but the asparagus was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, Noisy, Noisyartfull1Dined on 2/16/2014Not only was this restaurant noisy, almost everything we ordered was drenched in butter. I ordered a cabernet that I normally drink (usually paying approx. $17/bottle) and paid $15 per glass! The markup is unbelieveable and the wine was not even that good. I asked for something different and was "sold up" to another glass (at $25.00/glass.. yes, you read that correctly, for a simple cab/sav..) The only thing that we enjoyed was the table setting, as the staff did make an effort to recognize it was our anniversary.
- Above Average Dinnercaligirl12Dined on 2/15/2014If you're in the mood for for a nicer than average dinner then go to this Ruth Chris or any other locations of this chain. The ambiance was nice and the food delicious, but I was very disappointed that the $12 drink I ordered only filled half the martini glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.