Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
727 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4094/Seattle
- Phone: (206) 624-8524
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Stone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Seattle, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris has 2 private dining rooms available: one seats 20 people, one seats 60 people. Together they seat 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Arie Stewart 8887104299
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Seattle, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)notable wine list (23)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- Great for business meetingsJackDined on 11/17/2014Great food but pricy. Total tab for 2 (with $60 bottle wine) was about $220. You can park in the hotel parking garage for only $8 in the evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big money. Big service.ValueVpriceDined on 11/15/2014We chose Ruth Chris for a special night out in Seattle owing in part to having a gift card received last Christmas. Top marks for the appearance of the restaurant and the attentive service. Outstanding wine list. Reasonable turnaround time on our order. The Caesar salad was one of the best I've ever had. The steak could not be beat in terms of quality or the precision of preparation. That said, it was still too expensive and, absent another gift card, we probably won't return. At $45, the ala carte steaks are overpriced. Add a salad and side order and you are quickly at $65/person before drinks or wine. They offer a limited $54 three course menu including a side and desert, but frankly this too falls short of fair value. With a low-mid range bottle of wine and gratuity this dinner will set you back $100/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a frequent diner herecodycoleDined on 11/4/2014Of all the Ruth's Chris Steakhouses in the USA, and out of all of the six where I have dined, this is the loveliest one. It's just a beautiful restaurant with a wonderful bar, and all a kind of extension of the Grand Hyatt Hotel on Pine Street at 8th Ave in downtown Seattle. As for the food -- top quality meats and fish perfectly prepared, and with always a daily special or recommendation. I enjoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014I had the rib-eye which was very good. Green beans bland and gumbo didn't seem to have much seasoning
- Never Been To a Bad Ruth's ChrisCriticalMassDined on 10/31/2014...although it costs more to valet park at this one than at the Beverly Hills location. Still, the food is amazing, the atmosphere is upscale but unpretentious, and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- Great Bday celebration locationSenuDined on 10/25/2014We had a great evening at Ruth's Chris to Celebrate my husband's birthday. Our food was amazing. We had a very nice server and team our only compliant was that food took a very long time in between courses to come out over 20 mins between our salad and entrees. They did a fab job presenting my husband with a lovely dessert plate personailed for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FherFhergomezDined on 10/24/2014I enjoyed my whole dinner experience. I was a kind of disappointed where I was seated, but I guess you can't really satisfy everyone. I wish I was seated more away from the elevator, but that was my only disappointment for the night. The service was great, and the food was exceptional. Great Steak!!!Special Features:
- A Great Seattle MemoryawflyerDined on 10/18/2014I flew with my aunt from Reno to Seattle for an overnight bucket list trip. A very special dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse was the cornerstone of that visit. We were treated to a special table and superb service with absolutely first class food. The only down point was a second set of diners that came in later that sat behind us and one of them was extremely loud and obnoxious. I was surprised the floor manager didn't say something to the individual for this high quality of an establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steakMrsSDined on 10/17/2014Was reimbursed for dinner and decided on this place. Got the Porterhouse for 2 to share. Truly excellent. Melted in your mouth. Disappointed with the signature cobb salad. Not as tasty as I had expected for a Cobb from such a place. The steak made up for it though.Special Features:
- Always top notch!ccinkcVIPDined on 10/12/2014Ruth's Chris has been one of my favorite places to eat for a long time, and I don't even eat steak. The chicken dish is one of my all time favorites, and when the Ruth's Chris in Kansas City (where I live) closed, I knew I had to have dinner here while visiting Seattle. The service was fantastic and as always, I was totally satisfied with the food.Special Features:
- It lived up to what I'd hopedLakeTappsLadyDined on 10/10/2014I have always seen Ruth's Chris on the "Top 10" steak house lists but had never gone there. We were spending our anniversary in Downtown Seattle and wanted a special meal. I searched the internet and came up with some ideas and then checked out the menus. Typically top steak houses make you buy every item ala-carte but Ruth's Chris had a signature dinner which included a starter (salad, soup etc.), an entrée (Steak & lobster, steak and shrimp, filet mignon, salmon) and a dessert for under $60 pp. We chose this menu and arrived early for happy hour where drinks were only $6 and are very happy we did. Perfectly cooked steaks, great service, a new favorite for us. They even had an anniversary card & special decor on our table for us.Special Features:
- GARYGARYVIPDined on 10/7/2014These people know how to do steak. Sides and fish dishes are correctly done also.Special Features:
- Best steak in townJimmyDined on 9/27/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House has the best steak in the Seattle area. I have tried them all and its the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a perfectly cooked steakCrazyWhammerVIPDined on 9/25/2014We always head to Ruth's Chris when we're really in the mood for a great steak dinner. This is the first time I've been to Seattle's, but my sizzling hot filet mignon was excellent, along with the service and very consistent with my Ruth's Chris experiences at other locations in the past. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestMaroonsweets08Dined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing as was the service. The crab cakes are so tastey as is the steak and shrimp. My boyfriend and I loved everything. It was delicious and we will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerScouseDined on 9/25/2014We came after the matinee at Fifth Avenue Theater. Cheap theater seat, expensive dinner but worth every bit. Steaks done to perfection. Veggies all with different flavors that blended well with the entrée. We ordered the special and loved it.Special Features:
- Great placePatrickVIPDined on 9/6/2014While we love steak houses, for some reason we'd never been to a Ruth's Chris. Went partly because it was in our hotel (Grand Hyatt Seattle) and we couldn't have been happier. Our server was SO professional yet friendly, and we were particularly pleased that he didn't charge us a corkage fee. We had explained we brought a special bottle because we'd been wine tasting and we couldn't take it home on the plane with us, so he waved the usual $15 fee. Thought that was nice. Steak was superb (Porterhouse for 2). Avoided potatoes, but creamed spinach was delicious and not overly fattening and creamy like most are. The broccoli au gratin however was way more cheese that broccoli.
- 9th Anniversary CelebrationLocalFanDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 9th anniversary at Ruth's Chris, Seattle. For the occasion I decided to bring along my twin 7-year-old sons. To my surprise Ruth Chris had an excellent children's menu that included among the choices a 4 oz filet, side dish, drink and dessert. The boys were happy as clams. Our waitress, KT, was wonderful and the table was decorated for our anniversary. The staff was outstanding and the steaks, the prime reason we like Ruth's Chris were excellent. We've tried all the other steak houses in Seattle and keep coming back to Ruth Chris for their excellent service and outstanding steaks. Thank you for making our anniversary a wonderful time. Will see you again next year, and numerous times in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific BreakfastFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Seattle Ruth's Chris didn't disappoint. The food was great and the ambiance was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Steaks206dinersDined on 8/8/2014Fortunately, I was able to reserve a table for 3 on a Friday night. I wanted to treat my sons to a good steak since one of them was leaving for college this weekend. I had the New York cut and my sons ordered the petite filet w/shrimp. I've been to Ruth's Chris a couple times and I don't recall my steak being as good and flavorful. It was excellent --- cooked perfectly! My sons devoured their's as well. All-in-all, it was a wonderful dining experience -- from the beautiful, energetic hostess to the server and other staff.
- Fancy date night!MizSchuetzDined on 8/8/2014Great dinner before seeing a show at the Paramount. Food was perfection!Special Features:
- Always greatFlyhighVIPDined on 7/27/2014No matter in what city, this restaurant chain is always the best steak in town.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerChrisDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed the Ruth Chris Classic Dinners- 3 courses + personal side- fixed price menu. The meal size was more than enough and we both had delicious dinners. The Happy Birthday confetti scatter on our table recognized our special night out. We will return for this option which was affordable.Special Features:
- The following 393 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews archive.
- So-So Experience This Time AroundklynneannVIPDined on 7/8/2014This visit was not my most memorable. Requested a booth through Open Table reservation but was given a four top that felt like it was in the middle of the restaurant, despite the restaurant being 3/4 empty at the time (6:30 pm on a Tuesday). My fault for not asking to be moved, but I didn't realize how odd it felt until after I'd been sitting there for a good 10 minutes and then it felt weird to ask. I should have since I think it set the tone for the evening. The waiter was a little overbearing and seemed bored. The food was fine - my mother loved her filet mignon. My filet was slightly undercooked, but again, just didn't have the wherewithal that night to say anything. It was still good, though my husband's NY strip was more tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and Romantic...Yum206Dined on 7/4/2014My girlfriend and I went here in celebration of our two year anniversary and we couldn't have had a better all around experience. The food was amazing. We both had the filet mignon which was well seasoned and tender. The Lobster Mac & Cheese was a nice compliment to the steak. Well made drinks and a complimentary desert with a "Happy Anniversary" message written in chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014A great hidden neighborhood gem for "breakfast". I tell people all the time about Ruth's Chris breakfast. Everyone always associates Ruth's Chris for dinner. Ruth's Chris is more than just dinner...they'll provide a great affordable breakfast and the service is second to none!!! Last but not least, the decor upgrades are fantastic!!!Special Features:
- awesomekawaiibutterflyDined on 6/18/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris once before in Chicago, and the Seattle location was just as nice of an experience. I went there to celebrate my friend's birthday, and when we sat at the table, there was festive "Happy Birthday" confetti all over. All the staff member's wished my friend a happy birthday, and we got a complimentary dessert! He had a great time. I would definitely recommened Rith's Chris to anyone celebrating a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple good foodMonicaDined on 6/15/2014Their food is actually very simple. One of my complaints about some nicer restaurants is they can ruin a simple but tasty dish trying too hard to make it fancy. They don't make that mistake at Ruth's Chris. Their food is simple comfort food. Their wait staff appears to take their work seriously, and I appreciate that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic beef!!!!RodriguezDined on 6/7/2014Excellent place in downtown Seattle, close to theater. I loved the beef, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris - Never disappoints!USCTrojanMBAVIPDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has it nailed on the head. They deliver on all fronts! Great food - our salads were chilled, fresh, and crisp, perfectly cooked steaks and seafood (Scallops and Lobster). Service was impeccable. We told our server we were going to the theater and when we had leftovers to take home she suggested that we leave them at the restaurant where they would place them in the cooler and we could simple pick them up afterwards. That was much appreciated and so convenient. I always love it here and so we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure to askTostupidtoaskDined on 5/10/2014I went for my one year anniversary. We both got the steak and lobster. The steak had a weird sauce it was not all too crazy about and lobster (and butter) was way too salty. I made the mistake of not asking for it to be replaced and have to say I did not enjoy my meal at all. I know if I would have asked, they would have changed it out. Completely my fault. The staff was warm and friendly and very apologetic. So when you go, make sure you ask for what you want. I would definitely go again and would have no problem in making sure my order is what I want.Special Features:
- great value for some menu itemssadsackDined on 5/10/2014Some of the lunch items such as the ixed grill items are of great value.Special Features:
- A home runOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014The staff, especially John our server hit a home run by making our 40th anniversary celebration dinner one to remember. Great attention to detail, great food, and excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary at this restaurant the night before boarding our ship for an Alaskan cruise. Simply said, the meal at this restaurant was the best part of our entire trip. The staff was friendly, attentive and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Incredible MealJH206Dined on 4/26/2014We have dined with Ruth's Chris numerous times in the past at numerous locations across the country. The food and experience this visit was as good as any we have had. We only had 90 minutes before a show we were heading to and they made things fit our schedule perfectly. We had a very comfortable booth in the main dining room. The 3 course meal that both my wife and I ordered provided more than enough food for a hearty appetite at an incredible price (salad, steak and lobster, and dessert for $55). We look forward to our next dining experience with Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd to noneScottVIPDined on 4/25/2014The bone in filet is amazing. I have had several of their steaks. All are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/22/2014Have had breakfast, lunch and/or dinner at this "in-hotel" restaurant on several occasions. Normally pleased with other Ruth's Chris locations. This location needs help on all levels, inattentive service, and average tasting food.
- Very GoodIcegoddessDined on 3/29/2014We went for my birthday and our 21st Anniversary.....there were Birthday and Anniversary decorations on the table!!! The table seemed a little small for all the plates but we made due.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014They take awesome care of you when you first arrive and I loved the added touches for my moms birthday. But as the meal went on we slowly drifted farther into the corner and we were forgotten about, I ran out of water and it was never even refilled, and for a place with that high of average ticket price you would think that wouldn't happen. And we noticed the noise level was quite loud. But overall great food good service and I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from the time we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2014Great from the time we walked until we left...great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.