Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
727 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4094/Seattle
- Phone: (206) 624-8524
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Stone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Seattle, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris has 2 private dining rooms available: one seats 20 people, one seats 60 people. Together they seat 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Arie Stewart 8887104299
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Seattle, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)notable wine list (24)romantic (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great from the time we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2014Great from the time we walked until we left...great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris always does a fineFoodieVIPDined on 3/25/2014Ruth Chris always does a fine job. Service was excellent. We needed to be out of there to catch a play and she made it happen for us. Food quality was great. Just as we expected.Special Features:
- Ruth's is awesomeBobbieDined on 3/25/2014Everything was wonderful. We had a delightful waitress!! The side dishes are huge, so plan on sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go for birthdaycassDined on 3/22/2014Great place to go for birthday celebration. Great ambiance; the steak was amazing. Service was excellent. The wine list was good but over priced.Special Features:
- Got kids?!?WithkidsthistimeDined on 3/22/2014Always tasty!! Excellent steak, phenomenal sides. Happy there was a kids menu - don't remember seeing it advertised at all iron the website. (Kids chicken breast was not spectacular though - my boy said he will pick steak if we take him back and he learned a lesson in ordering from a restaurants specialties.) Everything else was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014My steak was simply one of the best I have ever eaten. My mashed potatoes and creamed spinach was just OK. The service was very good. The table that I had was a half booth and half chair table. The booth part was broken and terribly uncomfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuffed Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I've been dining at Ruths Chris for years. Breakfast & dinner. The steaks are awesome but my favorite dish is that stuffed chicken! The best chicken I ever had! With Broccoli Au Gratin & Potatoes Au Gratin on the side! Best thang going!!!Special Features:
- Steak!onark12Dined on 3/14/2014Ruth Chris is a steak house, first and foremost, and they do it well. We've always been impressed with the tenderness of the meats and the preciseness of the cooking. Their menu of sides is moderate, but every item we've tasted was delightful, be sure to try the spinach au-gratin and the bbq shrimp. The service has always been quick, friendly, and efficient, with accommodating wait staff quickly working to make the visit the best they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodiesAnniversaryDined on 3/11/2014Dinner was very good. The weit staff was attentive and kind. We had our girls with us and they were impressed with the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good visitDarrenTVIPDined on 3/7/2014Been to this location many times and this time found service a little slow. We sat ahead of another table of 2 and they ended up getting their food 15 minutes before we did. Also steak wasn't up to their usual standards... Cost cutting?? It wasn't bad but wasn't the great food I know from past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in SeattleswimgalsalVIPDined on 3/7/2014My son and I had a very nice dinner at this hotel. I felt that the price was not too high for the amount of high quality food we received. The atmosphere was quiet and pleasant and conducive to talking and catching up. The steak was excellent and so were the bread and dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to adults without children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014Always a top quality restaurant to dine at! Great food and great service.Special Features:
- One of the best steaks I'vechristy2014VIPDined on 3/1/2014One of the best steaks I've had - the petite filet was really tender.Special Features:
- Seating Was a ChallengeLadyRedgerDined on 3/1/2014We love to frequent Ruth's Chris when we're in the city. Also, we bring out-of-town visitors to eat at Ruth's Chris as a special treat. The food is always excellent as well as the service. This particular visit was surprisingly different only because of the seating arrangement given to my friend and me. We were given a table right against a wall the had a table just about 5 feet above it. We were fine until someone was seated at that table. It was very odd eating our meal at someone's feet. It felt dirty so we asked to move. Our waiter moved us right away to a table nearby which was also right against a wall with a table above it. However, the table above us this time was slightly away from the edge so it didn't seem quite as bad.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/25/2014Excellent food, excellent service. What more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my GirlfriendPaulDined on 2/22/2014I contacted the restaurant prior to going and informed them it was my girlfriend's birthday. Upon being seated, there was a birthday card from Ruth's Chris and birthday confetti on the table. Nicely done! We both ordered fillets and I also ordered lobster! Everything was cooked to perfection. We loved everything but the asparagus was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, Noisy, Noisyartfull1Dined on 2/16/2014Not only was this restaurant noisy, almost everything we ordered was drenched in butter. I ordered a cabernet that I normally drink (usually paying approx. $17/bottle) and paid $15 per glass! The markup is unbelieveable and the wine was not even that good. I asked for something different and was "sold up" to another glass (at $25.00/glass.. yes, you read that correctly, for a simple cab/sav..) The only thing that we enjoyed was the table setting, as the staff did make an effort to recognize it was our anniversary.
- Above Average Dinnercaligirl12Dined on 2/15/2014If you're in the mood for for a nicer than average dinner then go to this Ruth Chris or any other locations of this chain. The ambiance was nice and the food delicious, but I was very disappointed that the $12 drink I ordered only filled half the martini glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OKHappyFeet1956Dined on 2/15/2014Nothing really special though. Wanted the lamb but they were out and had been out for sometime... that wasn't mentioned before I attempted to eat. Steak was claimed to be prime cuts, but I was unimpressed.
- Food great, service an issuejhaggardDined on 2/15/2014This is our favorite places to come for great food and great service; last night food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightKdizzleDined on 2/15/2014The ambiance was very nice. The service was great and always refilling out waters and even brought us an extra bread. We ordered the porterhouse for two and the server sliced it up and served the meat on our plate which was nice. This place is pretty expensive less that Morton's, so I'd probably only go here for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Aaaaaaaw yeeeuhoooJASONoooDined on 2/14/2014Great place. Great service. Hella tasty food. Not 1 complaint. Ruth's Chris gets nothin but praise!Special Features:
- Great ServiceJZM3Dined on 2/14/2014We went to Ruth's to celebrate Valentines day. I made reservations a few weeks in advance and once we arrived we were greeted promptly and told our table would be ready shortly. The hostess was very polite and took us to our table. The gentlemen who served us was not only very professional he was also very friendly and because we aren't too familiar with the restaurant he gave us the rundown. Great service! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dayRichslilbutterflyDined on 2/14/2014We had an incredible time at our Valentines evening out at Ruth Chris. Would recommend with very high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent but yummyjeniferDined on 2/14/2014The first time we ever went it was amazing. I no sooner than took a sip of ice tea than my glass was filled. They swept the crumbs from the table during the meal and after. We didn't have to ever look for our waiter. He even has his own business card. It was amazing. Since then it has been inconsistent. We have been about five more times. Only once was no good. That time the food was just okay, the service terrible. The other few times it was anywhere from good to okay. We are a bit frustrated with our last two times. We went on Christmas and got seated downstairs which kind of felt like we were at the kids table. The last time was on Valentines Day and we got a tiny table right behind the hostess stand and slow service.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014We went to the downtown Ruth Chris for Valentines Day. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The wait staff was extremely attentive yet not annoying. Server had advice on the wine. When our selection was not available, offered another at the same price. Meal was hot and delicious. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerCarlitosDined on 2/14/2014This is my second time coming here for valentines dinner, the dinner was great food tasted great! Only one hicup, had to send the wife's steak back for a quick redo, came out a little red. Other then that our server john was excellent, he was able to choose a great red wine to pair with the steak. To finish the dinner the desert was awesome! Wife had the chocolate explosion which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwayshoWIWebDined on 2/14/2014Second time going here for lunch in downtown Seattle and it's always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepare to have your order lostOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2014Food & beverages were very good. Waiter service poor on a night to attend a performance at the Paramount on a Friday. Waited 20-30 minutes between appetizer & entree, thus leaving us to dine hastily & dash. Couldn't have been the kitchen as other diners nearby seated at same time received their food timely. To be fair, we did instruct the waiter when first seated at 4:45 we were attending a performance starting at 7.
- Best Steak around in SeattleMarkus5VIPDined on 2/2/2014Ruth's Chris is unquestionably the best place in Seattle for the filet!Special Features:
- Despite the Super BowlEatsOutALotDined on 2/2/2014Every birthday I try to think of a new steak place to try out. This birthday I wanted to try two other places before Ruth Chris and they were closed for the Super Bowl. I was happy to be able to count on Ruth Chris as they were open and made me remember that I get good food, good service and I they help me celebrate my birthday. Why do I bother to go somewhere else?Special Features:
- Great Steak HouseNTrinaVIPDined on 1/28/2014We celebrate my husband's birthday here couple weeks ago and it was a great experience. Steak and seafood are both really good.Special Features:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVETrish11Dined on 1/25/2014I absolutely love Ruth Chris! Me and my boyfriend go there all the time for romantic dinners and special occasions. The food is phenomenal and the location is great! The waiters are very pleasant and the atmosphere is just to lively. My favorite restaurant by far!Special Features:
- Great any time of day!HawkCatDined on 1/11/2014Everyone knows that Ruth's Chris does dinner but did you know they have a breakfast menu. Thanks to Open Table we found that they do serve breakfast and do it very well. It was a fabulous way to celebrate my friends birthday prior to going to Seahawks/Saints game. Eggs were delicious, filet was amazing and service outstanding. We already plan on coming back. Thank you Ruth's Chris and Open Table what a way to start the day! P.S. GO HAWKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad seateastsideedith1Dined on 1/4/2014Food,as always, was wonderful. Too bad our table for two was up against a column right next to the door the staff used for service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We noticed a significant pricerprpDined on 1/2/2014We noticed a significant price increase on the wine list which may make us look elsewhere for our pre theater dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing.seamikeygoDined on 1/1/2014Had lunch with three friends. I ordered the steak blue salad. Steak was cooked to my specification however seemed to be very low quality beef. We were one of only 2 tables in the restaurant so the service was good, though the waiter was very sloppy looking, as if he just rolled out of bed. Very disappointing.
- Great dinnerJoanDined on 12/31/2013Service and food was great, the steak we ordered was cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PorterhousejhaggardDined on 12/31/2013I've tried most of Seattle's steakhouses and Ruth's is noticeably better, Thanks!Special Features:
- Always GreatGreatFoodDined on 12/28/2013My other half and I love eating here. We're in our 20 ' s and this place fits any age as long as you enjoy outstanding food. The steaks a always delicious and you could never ask for anything better. A good value and will always be our spot. The service could of been better , but I believe the waiter we had this time around was fairly new. As you could tell he was pretty nervous and kept apologizing for messing up during his explanations of the specials. But, no worries he still did an outstanding job checking up but not to much of course so we could enjoy. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.