Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale
7001 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 290
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3840/Scottsdale
- Phone: 4809915988
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christine Noll
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Scottsdale, AZ the same flavor, service and expertise from Ruth's Chris to you! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience. Contact Michelle Breen at (480) 991 - 5988 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Scottsdale offers three private dining rooms accommodating up to 28 guests and a semi-private dining area for up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Madeleine Kriskovich 8779262261
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Scottsdale, AZ serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (41)scenic view (31)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedDinerDined on 8/23/2014I asked if they had a menu without prices - they did not - we had a birthday person as a guest & did not want her 'upset' by the prices. I had to make one myself from their website. The greeter was very pleasant about my hand-made menu and delivered as requested. I was odd man out because of my preference for 'cooked' meat. However, having a petite filet done 'medium well' should not be a challenge to a competent chef. I have encountered competent and very competent chefs who have presented me with a filet done medium well with pink inside without presentation of what I was presented with -a severely burnt filet on the outside and red inside. Because of the presence of out guest, I did not make an issue of this but not again . . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent, have already recommended for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- over priced for the qualityoldschoolDined on 8/15/2014Over priced for goods received. I have had a better cut of meat at the Texas Roadhouse and the Townhall Restaurant, at a much better value. The staff was awesome, unfortunately there is no dress code obviously. I felt over dressed wearing a button up shirt and a tie. It would appear that elegant dinner dining has gone the way of history.Special Features:
- excellent birthday dinnerkatejuliejason9Dined on 7/29/2014Our night at Ruth's Chris Steak House was amazing! Can't wait to go back and order items we haven't had yet!Special Features:
- Superb steakClintDined on 7/25/2014Best steak I have had this year. Loved the brand new strawberry - blue cheese - almonds salad. Service was ideal and neither rushed nor slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner!SandyDined on 7/24/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner! The waiter was great and very accommodating! We had their summer dinner special, which included a salad, entree, side and dessert! We would definitely return!Special Features:
- Consistent QualitymyfaveDined on 7/23/2014We frequently choose Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for our special occasion dinners. Although it is expensive, we get what we pay for! The food is consistently delicious!!! The service is excellent and attentive. Every part of the dinner is mouth watering good! As a final nice touch, on special occasions, they provide a lovely complimentary personalized dessert!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJoyandBoysDined on 7/21/2014We had a delightful dinner. I have wanted to return here for some time and the steaks were still as delicious as 5 years ago and the service was just perfect. I can't wait to come back again soon. It was a perfect spot for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavoryChuckF7Dined on 7/19/2014Once again dinner Ruth's Chris exceeded our expectations. Hands down the best dining experience to be had. The crab cakes melt in your mouth, the steaks made to perfection. A new side dish the Chipotle Potato Fingerlings I described as "a party in my mouth", they were fantastic.Special Features:
- Great Local Classy RestaurantBest2DineDined on 7/19/2014It was a birthday celebration for my wife and male friend attending. The food is excellent and prepared exactly the way we requested. The price was pricey , but for an anniversary and or birthday well worth the value. The waiter ( Francisco) was professional and a terrific server. He was excellent in offering the specials and drinks. He was present often when needed to provide great service. The extra dessert with a candle was superb and a nice touch by the restaurant . The manager also came by and asked how everything was regarding our meal. Overall Highly recommend Ruth Chris. The steaks were prepared perfectly and the entire meal was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at this location around a dozen times and everything about it is consistent. The food and service are always top notch. The quality of the steaks is superb. Although not inexpensive they do offer a better value than some of their competitors while never compromising food quality. Their Harvest salad is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Mignon!!HawaiiantimeVIPDined on 7/12/2014We'll just say I've had a "few" in the Valley. This one in the top 3, and best value with their Classic menu!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Friends and FoodFIVEFORDINNERDined on 7/12/2014We had a great evening at Ruth's Chris, the food was great and the service was top notch. The only issue was two salads were not served as ordered but that was quickly rectified and all was well..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite vacation diningRioRicoRickDined on 7/5/2014We go to Ruth's in Phoenix every time we vacation there! Simply amazing food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014Typically I'm not a fan of anything "chain" - However, even as a chain restaurant, Ruth's Chris is consistently amazing. The food is why we go. It never disappoints. This particular location in Scottsdale is great for views on the patio if you want just cocktails... We continue to return because it is close to home and the steaks are always amazing.Special Features:
- Top DogFoodDocDined on 6/21/2014Out of the premium steakhouses in the Valley I think this is really the best. Comparing the bone-in filet to other premium cuts I have to say this was tender and flavorful. And it doesn't hurt to serve it in sizzling butter. Bread was far superior and sides were super, loved the garlic mashed potatoes. Had the flourless chocolate cake for desert and loved it, and a nice sophisticated cappucino that wasn't overly sweet.Special Features:
- Awesome BirthdaydiningoutDined on 6/17/2014My husband took me to Ruth Chris for my birthday celebration & they did their usual superb performance…everything from foil Happy Birthday sprinkles on the table, our picture taken by the hostess, great wine, my usual petite filet (which was cooked to perfection), scrumptious birthday dessert with lighted candle…. & super great service by our waiter, Todd. No wonder it's our favorite place to celebrate or just our "go to" place for an enjoyable evening meal. PatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingmyfaveDined on 6/16/2014Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is a great special occasion venue! The food is delicious. The service is superior. The ambience is lovely. The staff does an excellent job of wishing you well on your special occasion, including providing a complimentary picture of your dinner party. Although this is an expensive restaurant, you get what you pay for! We've eaten at Ruth's Chris Steakhouses in various cities across the US, and you can always count on consistent quality.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as UsualpickycarolDined on 6/15/2014Fathers Day evening and Dad's favorite restaurant! Never fails to be Outstanding, and this occasion was Outstanding. The Dads had 2 lobster tails and rib eye steak each, split creamed spinach, and a salad and I had a rib eye as well. Delish! Cooked to our exact requests and we had great service as well! Tried the 'new' new fashioned and it was very tasty. All in all a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- CaryVIPDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I have been dining at this Ruth's Chris since it opened. On this occasion I ordered a rib-eye medium and after consuming half of the steak the remaining piece was mostly fat and cartilage. On our previous experience, which was December 24 2013, the same cut of meat was worse and was replaced by the manager and not charged. We have eaten at Ruth's Chris in many cities and never had an issue with the quality of the beef. This past visit gives rise to whether we want to continue to dine at this restaurant. I did not engage management. Sorry I feel this way but the cost versus value seems to have waned.Special Features:
- Ummm Ummm GoodehelpDined on 6/10/2014This being our second time to this location and still find it as one of our best restaurants. The food was perfectly cooked and prepared to our request. The service was adequate and not overbearing. Very professional and informative. Management visited every table and expressed their concerns for our satisfaction ... This one we highly recommend ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.timtymeDined on 6/8/2014First off, the hostess(Haley) needs to learn to speak up and acknowledge people when they come in the door. I had to say hi twice just to be acknowledged. Even then could not hear her. Can't bring your own wine into a restaurant in AZ. LAME. The waiter, who said he's been there for 7 mos, kept saying he was new. constantly as an excuse for the service. Also noisy booth in the corner next to the door to the(very busy) kitchen. I love Ruths Chris restaurants but will not visit this on again. There is Donovins, Roys, and other fine places to eat in the area.Special Features:
- AwesomeSkts007Dined on 6/7/2014Was everything I wanted it to be and more! Thank you Ruth Chris!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Ruth Chris always delivers a fabulous meal. It is a traditional standby that I look forward to visiting again and again. I leave happy and satisfied time and time again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014ALways do a great job. Best steaks in town. I think it's better than Donovan'sSpecial Features:
- Disappointed!PleasedVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have dined at a variety of Ruth's Chris restaurants, and this one 5-6 times recently. This is the first disappointing experience we have ever had with a Ruth's Chris. We noted on the reservation that it was my wife's birthday. We selected this restaurant over other high end establishments, since we have been treated so well previously. To our dismay, we were seated in arguably the worst table in the restaurant, next to the bar and waiter station with constant traffic of diners and people going back and forth to the rest room. Additionally, we had to wait 10 minutes for our waiter to take a drink order, and our meat was over cooked. The one bright spot was Asst GM Sue Taylor, who did her best to rectify it toward the end of dinner.
- InconsistantolderviewVIPDined on 5/27/2014I am a steak eater. I like Prime beef with a char and grill marks on the outside. I had butter on my steak and that and the accompanying seasons ruined a fine steak.
- Always a great experiencePhoenixFoodSnobDined on 5/26/2014As always, Ruth's Chris does not disappoint. Service was great, food was outstanding, portions just right. We had a group of 6, and most of us ordered the Filet with Shrimp. Garlic Mashed Potatoes for a side. It was Restaurant Week, so we were able to order the special meal that came with a soup or salad, a side dish, and a dessert, all for $40. If it had not been Restaurant Week, it would only have been a few dollars more. This place does NOT have to be only for special occasions.Special Features:
- qualityWilliDined on 5/25/2014The overall experience dining at Ruth Chris is exceptional. The service and food stand out. Your staff is professional in conduct and service. This was a great way to end Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!HatesToCookDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food (as always) was fabulous and prepared perfectly. Our waiter (David) was excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualAZRetireeVIPDined on 5/23/2014Excellent food and service. Steaks are one of best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week tryout1HappydinerDined on 5/23/2014I really liked the food and the attentive service; however, I would strongly recommend a booth for dining if you want a calm dining experience. We were seated at a table in the middle of the dining room and the wait staff kept going by us continually with trays held high about our heads. It was most distracting while trying to enjoy a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignorant gun-free zoneFreedomDined on 5/22/2014"No guns allowed" Second amendment supporters should not dine here While I enjoyed dining at your restaurant, I am very disappointed by the ignorant "No Guns Allowed" sign and policy. I am a law-abiding citizen who chooses to take responsibility for the defense of myself and my loved ones, and will continue to do so in accordance with the Second Amendment and the laws of the state. Myself, my family, and I'm sure many other law-abiding citizens, will not dine again in your restaurants until this policy is removedSpecial Features:
- Another try at Rith's ChrisTomMVIPDined on 5/21/2014The Scottsdale facility is typical RC - formal, nicely spaced tables and booths,with lots of wood. It also has a nice outside space to enjoy the cool desert evening. Service was excellent, food was typical steak house - all a' la carte, functional presentation, with high quality product sourcing; but the steaks (12oz aged ribeye) were thin and a little tough, the Chilean Sea Bass was cooked perfectly, but loaded with butter and had no accompaniments or sauce to enhence the eating/tasting experience. Overall, boring and very expensive ($100/person, food wine & tip).
- Elksx3Dined on 5/20/2014The salad was just so-so, could have used more dressing. The lobster and scallops were excellent. The bread pudding was excelllent. We went during the Arizona Dining week and the meal was $40. Service was a bit slow but overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beGerbearDined on 5/18/2014We were seated next to a busy isle next to the bar area which was quite noisy, I mean it was just our daughter's college graduation celebration meal, despite more private empty tables, but at least they didn't sit us by the kitchen door. Steaks are overpriced, they're good but no longer great, salads & lobster mac n cheese was excellent. Used to think RC had the best ribeye steaks but after recently eating a comparable priced 12oz ribeye at the Heritage in Vegas RC has dropped way below the Heritage. The night we were there RC made the Longhorn Steak House look like a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The food at Ruth's Chris was amazing as it always is. The service was wonderful! Adam was our server and he was the best server we've had there. Adam was informative about menu items and wine and was very pleasant and enthusiastic. He had great energy and made our dining experience a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHappyDined on 5/17/2014Service and attention to detail were outstanding. Servers were very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLuvScottsdaleDined on 5/17/2014Very good food and excellent service. From entry to leaving received first class treatment. Kudos to all. Thanks for a great evening.Our waiter Leo was the best .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Filet Next timewill2tryagainDined on 5/16/2014I didn't much care for the 12 oz. rib eye - I feet I get a much better steak from Costco. The rib eye was too flat - it was cooked well and tasted good but disappointed in the thickness. I should have ordered the filet and when I go again that is what I will stick to. This was our second visit to Ruth's and I was so excited to go but afterwards, I didn't have that feeling like "Oh, I can't wait to go back" like I did the 1st time. I think it had a lot to do with the steak that I ordered.Special Features: