Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
6700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3839/Sarasota
- Phone: 9419249442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles W. Amherst
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering in Sarasota, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Ball 9419249442
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Sarasota, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)notable wine list (14)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best steakBobHVIPDined on 9/2/2014Still serving the best flavored steak. Good drinks and service. Always a good experience in Sarasota.Special Features:
- Still the best steakrudytootieDined on 8/23/2014WE had a delicious meal at Ruth's Chris. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Wine excellent, waiter just right, he was attentive, but not too much. Just what we wanted.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerChristmasDined on 8/23/2014I took a very good friend to dinner for her birthday, the food was excellent, service was impeccable. Ruth cris staff signed a birthday card and put birthday confetti on the table. It was very tastefully done, and desert for my friends birthday was included. Awesome dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Waiter had table of 8 and other tables. We were not a priority. Poured our own champagne. Waited for drinks. disappointed. Should have been a experience like it was a little special. None of that. Spent 350.00 not worth it...
- great steaksLuv2eatDined on 8/9/2014as usual for others in this chain great steaks and excellent service. would definitely go back the next time I'm in the areaSpecial Features:
- pleasantly surprisedLilburnFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I'm not usually a fan of chains but we (family) ended up going here merely as a function of location. We all enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The food was good, the service was good and the only thing keeping me from giving it a higher rating is that it did still have that "chain" feel. For those of you that understand what that means, you get it. That is really the only bad thing I have to say about my experience. The funny part is my dad has refused to go to a RC restaurant because they ruined one of his ties with the "sizzle" 20 years ago and has refused to go to one since. He is now a big fan as well.
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have never been here and anything but amazing food and service!! This is our favorite spot for celebrations. They always make it special.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Server left early without informing our group. Delay in getting food. Manager never came over to inform us of server change. Food is great, service needs to improve.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationRHJSNJDined on 7/31/2014The meal was good, but not great. Server/wait staff could have been more attentive, especially since the restaurant was not overly crowded. We did not feel the meal was worth the price.Special Features:
- Amazing steaksRandiDined on 7/21/2014I really enjoy coming to Ruth Chris steakhouse. The staff is very accommodating. The food is always excellent the waiters or are very tentative. I have to say this is one of my favorite restaurants in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedCbarbDined on 7/18/2014The service was great but the food was marginal for the price. Tough lamb chops and mediocre filet. Very surprised to see ball caps and shorts as the attire of choice.Special Features:
- Always excellentjfkbikeVIPDined on 7/3/2014IMHO this is one of the best if not the best Ruth's in the country.Special Features:
- OutstandingLagaDined on 6/30/2014Totally enjoyed the experience, our steaks were cooked to perfection, the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Lady of GroupRedhead62Dined on 6/22/2014We had a great time. Great food for everyone except for one gentleman who ordered an appetizer as main meal along with the others for a main meal and it was cold. He was disappointed. He is the one who recommended and paid for the group. We still had a nice experience. Thank You.Special Features:
- great foodhawleyhallersDined on 6/21/2014Sevice was not rushed. Ribeye steakes were cooked as requested and were fabulous. Great creamed spinach. Appreciated the complimentary "anniversary" dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak houseWjC1Dined on 6/19/2014This is a favorite in Sarasota. The food is outstanding, and the staff is wonderful, they always makes you feel welcome. Its a great Fathers day dinner but you better make reservation early as they will fill up quickly. In the past my wife and I have celebrated several special occasions here. On our anniversary we arrived to find rose petals on our table and a card signed by the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The waiter was great, but too many people asking to clear the same plates. Took away bread plates, we were still using.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAwesomeDined on 5/28/2014Steaks are the best I have ever had, and I have traveled to 35 countries over 30 USA states.Special Features:
- Food is excellent, well preparedSteakLoverDined on 5/25/2014Service here is professional and friendly. You are welcomed and made to feel comfortable. The overall experience is well worth the price, although it does not fit into the average budget for more than once every couple of months. The quality is the best, you can get a steak for less, but it will not taste as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 253 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota reviews archive.
- Amazingly Fancyaznboi589Dined on 5/17/2014This place was a gem to find, I took my date here to have a romantic dinner and was surprised to find how professional it was. We had a small chat with the waitress as to what to pick and she was very helpful on helping us decide in what we had. The restaurant itself was vibrant and professional. Even though only some people dressed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not dine here againLWRFoodieDined on 5/10/2014We have lived in the Sarasota area since 2006. Never tried Ruth's Chris so for a special occasion we decided to try it. Steak was not cooked correctly and very oily tasting, Lobster mac was terrible full of awful green pepper taste, lobster tough and over cooked. Service was decent. After we brought up the issue we were comped $76.00 for a $270.00 bill (2 adults, 2 children) and we received free coffee and a desert. I will say they really tried to make it better but at that point it was too late. We will not try this again. Too expensive for low quality food.
- Mother's Day/Birthday CelebrationMommaDined on 5/10/2014Our service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We arrived about 10 minutes early and had one of the first reservations of the evening. the hostess was gracious and let us sit inside while they finished opening. I would recommend this as a great place for that special dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner with my HusbandSarasotaLadyDined on 5/8/2014I had a wonderful dinner last week with my husband at Ruth's Chris Steak House. I had the rib eye and it was delicious. My husband ordered the veal chop and was also fantastic. I can't wait to go back. PS They make wonderful martinis!Special Features:
- rebelrouserDined on 4/29/2014Superb, as always, at Ruth Chris. Best steak of any high-end restaurant, period! Our waiter, Jimmy, was one of the most attentative and accomodating we have ever had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place!dinner4twoDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I have celebrated two special events at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Sarasota. We were pleasantly surprised both times! The service was impeccable, the food was superb, and the ambience was wonderful. The staff went out of their way to make both occasions memorable. Our table was decorated with rose petals or glitter, plus a greeting card signed by the entire staff. A complimentary dessert was offered to us on both occasions. Our waiter even took a photo of us and presented it to us in a special card, at the end of our dinner. We have never been pampered like this at any restaurant before. We can't wait to go back to Ruth's Chris for our next celebration!Special Features:
- EastergolfshawneeDined on 4/20/2014Food wAs great and service was awesome. The steAk was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerbailey1petDined on 4/20/2014We have never had a bad meal here. We celabrated our 50th Anniversary here and they couldn't be accomadating, Just love this placeSpecial Features:
- A place you can count on!karenlovestodineoutDined on 4/19/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner at Ruth's Chris Saturday night..... food as always was delicious, (no matter how hard I try and no matter which steak I buy, it never matches the quality at Ruth's Chris!) The lobster bisque was superb as always and we finished our meal with the chocolate explosion! Service was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening! Can't wait to go back! Excellent food and service and love knowing you can count on this when you dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbienceJuliusteasinDined on 4/18/2014Great Ambience, My food was ok and I could not seem to keep my waiter to be my waiter. Every time I needed something I had to ask someone else that was around. I had a hair in my salad and he did not even apologize and the manager did not even come over and see how things were. Was looking to make this place my new hangout but I think I would pass on itSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodCHSfoodDined on 4/17/2014Shrimp, escargot, Dover sole and the wine was fantastic. The wait staff was delightful and very accommodating. This was our second time eating here and we will be back.Special Features:
- Very goodladywolfDined on 4/12/2014We had a reservation but opted to sit in the bar that night. It feels more intimate in there. My only disappointment was the number of small children eating in there as well. I feel like a bar should be an adults only experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best there is!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014We enjoyed Ruth's Chris Sarasota very much. Great food great service, a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMarymountVIPDined on 4/8/2014Enjoyed perfect evening, great service and wonderful food.....Special Features:
- Wonderful!!DianeDined on 4/6/2014We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary at Ruth Chris-what an experience! The maitre'd wished us Happy Anniversay, led us to the table that had rose petals strewn on it and a anniversary card signed by the staff. The service was perfect, along with the food. Our dessert was complementary, then our picture was taken and presented in a frame. Wow-they know how to make you comfortable and appreciated. Would go back again...........Special Features:
- Disappointed!!ejd77Dined on 4/5/2014We have been going to Ruth Chris for the last 14/ 15 years. It was always my favorite place....until now! The sad thing is, we were celebrating our anniversary. Those hot, hot plates they speak of....not so hot this time. Both myself and my husband had to send our food back, to be cooked more. When my salmon came back, it was still not cooked enough and the plate was not even hot. The cheesecake I took home, had fruit on top, suppose to be fresh fruit but honestly the fruit tasted bad. I don't know if we will be going back, sooo sad!! Such a shame!!
- Superb dinningBigEDined on 4/3/2014Quality and Consistency, ALWAYS at Ruth's Chris, in every city ,the same magnificent meal and service you can expect.Special Features:
- we were disappointed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014we were disappointed. The server was more interested in selling than serving. We were not made to feel like guests.
- Top rate and food is greatscornoDined on 3/27/2014Ruth's Chris is an excellent choice for great food, service, and upscale feeling. From entrance to exit the staff is there to serve and make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening.ChuckVIPDined on 3/25/2014Very good food and service as it should be for the high prices. It is a good choice when looking for a good steak and salad.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014Avery pleasant dining experience. I had mentioned that it was our anniversary upon making the reservation and requested a booth. There were rose petals and a note signed by the staff wishing us a happy anniversary on the table when we arrived and then they brought us a free dessert of our choice. The steaks of course were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.