Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
6700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3839/Sarasota
- Phone: (941) 924-9442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles W. Amherst
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering in Sarasota, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Ball 9419249442
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Sarasota, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We always enjoy our tripsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2010We always enjoy our trips to Ruth's Chris, this past trip was just as outstanding as the past trips. The service is always top notch and our service team for this visit went above and beyond the call of duty. The food was excellent, I tried the Veal Osso Bucco Ravioli for the first time and it great. The portion was large for a first course but it was so good I did not care. We will stop back again when we are in Sarasota again.Special Features:
- We visit this location everytimeMCMMVIPDined on 5/13/2010We visit this location everytime we are in Florida, and I can honestly say that because of the poor service, I will think twice next time. Our Waiter had no personality and the overall experience left a lot to be desired.
- Not bad, but not exactly valueindividu8Dined on 5/9/2010Not bad, but not exactly value for the price. We would look elsewhere.
- Ruth Chris was an amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2010Ruth Chris was an amazing experience. Everything from the bread to the desert was on point and above it's competition. I highly recommend this resturant to anyone craving a nice piece of meat!
- Service was excellent. LightingdigitaldarylVIPDined on 4/15/2010Service was excellent. Lighting and noise level are perfect. Quality of food was excellent but the fish was a bit overcooked.Special Features:
- My wife and I were celebratingAmbassadorScotttDined on 4/10/2010My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary, we were both very happy with Ruth's Chris. From entry to exit everything was in place the food was awesome and it wasn't over priced [ as many people think so ] It was worth it and we will return. Last year we went to the Ritz and had a terrible time, service, food and .....? We aren't hard to please but when your paying a couple hundred at the Ritz on a dinner for two and a special occasion; you want it to be done correctly. Ruth's Chris was awesome, presentation was wonderful, and Dee our server was great. Thank you, we'll be backSpecial Features:
- Ruth's Chris is always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/3/2010Ruth's Chris is always outstanding and this last visit was no different.Special Features:
- Pricey, but perfect for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010Pricey, but perfect for our 11th year anniversary.Special Features:
- One of our Favorites !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2010This has been one of our favorite restaurants foir many years. We love the steaks and broiled tomatoes. Good service, great food and a "classy place" to dine. We have eated at other Ruth's Chris across the country. It is nice to see there is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the city you are visiting. You know you can get a great meal with good service.Special Features:
- Neither of our steaks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/23/2010Neither of our steaks were cooked to out specifications but they were still very good. My husband's was too rare and mine was not rare enough. Everything else was good.
- Although the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2010Although the food was very good, we dined there for a special occasion and the dining room was very cold. When we talked to our server, he said that the heat had been out for days and they were waiting for a part to fix it. They moved us to a table further from the door and put on a space heater but it really was of no help. Since it was for a birthday celebration, I didn't want to say much to the server and ruin the evening. I, however, should have been informed prior to our arrival that there was a problem, giving me the opportunity to either reschedule or select an alternative resaurant. The cold room was uncomfortable and frankly lead to cutting our evening short and returning home.Special Features:
- I've been to several Ruth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/1/2009I've been to several Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in various cities. Although their steaks and service are very good, my steak at this location was overly seasoned with salt and pepper. I would have preferred to have the opportunity to season the steak myself or have been asked if it was okay that the steaks are seasoned with salt and pepper. Overall, my experience at this location is good and would recommend it to my family and friends, as well as return to dine there myself.Special Features:
- we have always found RuthOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2009we have always found Ruth Chris to be well above most restaurants and enjoying dining there especially on special occasionsSpecial Features:
- My first visit. Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2009My first visit. Great service and very attentive waiter. Very well prepared and served food. Prices more reasonable then I would have expected. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent choice for steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/5/2009Excellent choice for steaks as always. Ruth's Chris is my Go-To choice for steaks and especially if I'm visiting a city that I'm not familiar with. It never disappoints and this Sarasota location was no exception.Special Features:
- We found the waiter DavidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2009We found the waiter David to be slow and indifferent. We has a long wait for our end of meal coffee.Special Features:
- Food was good, but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2009Food was good, but nothing really spectacular for the price you pay. The service was excellent - no complaints there. I don't think I would go back because I can get just as good a steak, if not better, at any number of local restaurants that are not chains.Special Features:
- We had a business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2009We had a business meeting and the setting was perfect. Casual yet elegant. The food was delicious as always and the staff friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- A booth is best. All but oneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2009A booth is best. All but one of the servers are very professional.Special Features:
- This restaurant is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2009This restaurant is always dependable for a fine dining experience with good waiters.Special Features:
- Porterhouse steak was tough.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2009Porterhouse steak was tough. took too long to clear empty plates from table.
- What's not to like about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2009What's not to like about this wonderful place. It was our anniversary and they made it very special. The food and service were excellent as always.Special Features:
- There are several good steakGabeDined on 4/8/2009There are several good steak houses in Sarasota, but none better. Every detail is perfectly done, the bread,the salad, the soup, the veggies, etc. The combination makes this a perfect restaurant for special occassions. The steak is done exactly as you ordered it.
- meal was very good. at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2009meal was very good. at the start the service was a bit slow but it got better once the waitress finally arrived. Bill Troyan
- As always Ruth Chris doesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/28/2009As always Ruth Chris does not disappoint. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- As in the past We had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2009As in the past We had a wonderful dining experince at Ruth Chris Steak House. Certainly one of our favorite places.
- our favorite special restaurantfransceneVIPDined on 2/6/2009our favorite special restaurant in Sarasota, definitely the bestSpecial Features:
- Ruth's Chris has been oneOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/28/2008Ruth's Chris has been one of my favorite steakhouse chains for a long time. However, I've been finding that certain food items have been inconsistent. The chopped salad (one of my all-time favorites) was sub-par this last time and the steak was just good, not excellent. I haven't given up on Ruth but I hope this is just a hiccup and not a sign of an aging chain.Special Features:
- Nice service. The specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2008Nice service. The special was a great bargain and the chocolate mousse was excellent. We could not finish it and asked to bag the left overs so they gave us a brand new one!Special Features:
- Unfortunately our experienceRiosbestDined on 11/6/2008Unfortunately our experience was not good- one person in our party ordered steak and lobster and received steak and shrimp and then it took 20 minutes to bring the lobster, another person in our party ordered the cowboy steak as rare and it came well done- and that took another 20 minutes to prepare- they did help by giving us complimentary dessert but I would not recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008The food was excellent. The service was very slow, which I was surprised as there were not that many diners. The waiter was not that observant as to when drinks needed to be refilled and had to be asked. He was very courteous.Special Features:
- Every one of the staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2008Every one of the staff was wonderful, from the hostess to the server and assistant. Steak was perfect, and all side dishes were good. Possible exception is the mushrooms, which were a disappointment. Sorry, but sauteed mushrooms should be done to accompany the steak, and these were just small bella in water, nothing special at all. Wine list was very good and priced to enjoy (relatively speaking, for USA standards). The service was the best, once again.Special Features:
- We've been to many Ruths ChrisEliseDined on 10/8/2008We've been to many Ruths Chris restaurants throughout the country, but this one was a cut above the others. The food was delicious and prepared just to our liking, and our server, Drew made our anniversary dinner a very special one. He always seemed to be around when needed without being intrusive. Great job! Very enjoyable evening and we'll certainly return soon.Special Features:
- The steaks are always cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/20/2008The steaks are always cooked to perfection and the wait staff is very attentive and courtious.Special Features:
- FOOD OVERALL IS EXCELLENT,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/28/2008FOOD OVERALL IS EXCELLENT, sERVED HOT and SERVICE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT IN A ESTABLISHMENT OF THIS TYPE.Special Features:
- I have been to Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2008I have been to Ruth's Chris in Sarasota and Estero many times. The Filet Migon steak is excellent. This time I wanted to try something different. I love prime rib so I asked about the $43 Cowboy Ribeye. The waiter said it was an excellent choice. This was one of the fatiest, toughest and worst steak I ever ate. The Coyboy Ribeyes at Publix are much better and cheaper. Lou Chignoli
- This was my first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008This was my first time eating at the Sarasota Ruth's Chris. I had eaten at the one in Fairfax, VA twice before. I thought the restaurant itself was nice and the service was very good. For the price, I would not return. My grandmother requested her steak very well done and it came out rare. Our server fixed it quickly. My mother ordered a petit filet, which was fatty. I had the same steak and it was very good. The crab legs that accomapnied our steaks were fine, but they were small. Also, the chop salad was extremely small. We split it between 2 people and both of us ended up with a very small portion. With the amount of money a person spends to dine at Ruth's Chris, the experience should be outstanding. I prefer Morton's.Special Features:
- We always enjoy dining hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008We always enjoy dining here usually on special occasions. There is always enough to bring home to have the next day.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris has the best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008Ruth Chris has the best steak you will ever have!! Not to mention the creamed spinach and the creme brulee. Worth every calorie!Special Features:
- We have dined at many RuthOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008We have dined at many Ruth Chris around the country, from Washington, D.C., Nashville, Troy, Michigan, Naples and now Sarasota. Many special occasions, many wonderful meals. However, our waitress was frendly, when she had time for us, and her assistant, was just plain rude. We were in your resturant for more than 2 hours, which is just too long. There was a large group that seemed to receive a lot of attention. The most distracting part of that group was they would walk past our table and others talking on their cell phones. Thank you for my 60th birthday dessert.Special Features: