Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sandy Springs
5788 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30328Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sandy Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/sandy-springs/
- Phone: 4042550035x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 Days A Week - 5:00PM to 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Delectable. Intimate. Impressive.
Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth’s Chris and treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next business gathering, family celebration, or anything in between.
- Private Party Contact: Leyla Kadyrova 4042550035x
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sandy Springs
Exceptional USDA aged prime beef (served sizzling), live Maine lobster and the freshest seafood available have earned Ruth's Chris critical acclaim as the "Best Restaurant in the United States." One big, thick juicy experience that is sure to excite all your senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sandy Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (18)notable wine list (13)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- My ReviewBulldog57Dined on 8/15/2014Exceptional dining experience. We were greeted with the disappointing news that the restaurant is closing and moving to Alpharetta. While regrettable, we will continue to visit a Ruth's somewhere as it is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris never disappointsbibbpromoDined on 8/11/2014I am always excited to go to Ruth's Chris because it exudes class and elegance. The food is always outstanding, the service is perfect, and the ambiance is just rightSpecial Features:
- not happyATLFoodieDined on 8/10/2014Was nice out very favorite Ruth Chris. Service was slow, bread cold, food medicore. Our take out was in a Publix shopping bad. Horrible for a place with these prices. Kiss were disappointed! We waited all summer until first week of school for this, our usually favorite restuarant. #SadRuthChris#
- JessicaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I went here for our 2 year ananiversary. It was a great evening and the food was off the chain! Our wator was Matt and he was super fun and on top of things. The only downside was that there was a family next to us with a 14ish year old girl who was talking so loud the whole restaurant could hear her. It kind of ruined our romantic evening atmosphere. The decor and style of the restaurant was more out-dated than I've seen in the past at RC, but they are moving locations to a brand new building in a couple of months so I presume they'll have an updated look as well.Special Features:
- Moving location to AlpharettaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Moving business to Alpharetta which will be a better business location to match their service and qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ending to sandy springsadgirodDined on 8/7/2014I realize they are closing this location soon so maybe that explains such poor service/poor food? Cork pieces in wine glass, BBQ shrimp cold with stale bread, undercooked lamb chops, undercooked broccoli, extremely runny mashed potatoes...overall a TERRIBLE dining experience.
- Charles CosbyChuckDined on 8/2/2014We completely enjoyed our visit, from the food to the service! five stars*****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Service was great and made a great experience for our 15th wedding anniversary. Everyone from the door to the parking lot was excellent and we enjoyed out time.Special Features:
- OVERRATEDLOUSYDined on 8/2/2014Our first and LAST visit to a Ruth's Chris Steak House. Positives, the bartender was nice and engaging. Server, Sharon was pleasant and attentive. Celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary provided us with a complimentary dessert. Food............... I had the French Onion Soup, it was lukewarm,had to be returned. Wife had the house salad, it wasn't very fancy for a restaurant of this supposed caliber, and it was "drenched" in salad dressing. We both had the 8 ounce Filet and we both ordered them cooked "medium" (pink center). My wife's was rare when cut it, and mine was on the verge of medium rare, but due to the 500 degree plate, I ate it. General Manager did visit and knew about the issues, but only apologized. Waste of $140.
- Always a good meal at Ruth's but...JonesatlDined on 8/1/2014This location is just old. Plain and simple. You walk in and feel transported back to 1992. It's fun in a way but odd in another. Good news is this location is finally being retired we were told by our server. New location moving further north into the burbs.
- Great food, Great ServiceAPF1VIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I dined at Ruth's Chris in Sandy Springs, GA a few nights ago. We had eaten there a week or so before that for a family members birthday and were reminded of how much we enjoyed the Resturant. The wait staff were friendly, attentive and professional. The food was outstanding. My husband had a large TBone that was perfectly cooked and very tasty. I had the cajon seasoned Salmon. It was tender, juicy and flavorful. We tried the broccoli au gratin and the Potatoes Lionaise. We were happy with both. We chose a glass of the Malbec and we're very happy with that too. We defiantly recommend Ruth's Chris for a quiet special dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Stuffed Chicken didn't have any stuffing in it. I have ordered this before and this by far what the worst. Never had a bad experience until I went here.Special Features:
- JoanzDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful meal attentive service Terrific evening Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best filet around.TBDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is always a must visit on my summer trips to Atlanta. A great place to take friends an family. The steaks are some I the best I ever had. Every time I'm tempted to order something different I come to my senses and stick with the traditional filet in sizzling butter. I never leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special For Sure!GrannieCatDined on 7/12/2014When our waiter arrived at the table and welcomed us saying our name, I knew I was going to have a wonderful evening! Matt was very professional and explained everything we should know about our dining experience. I had him choose a merlot and it was perfect! The entire time my husband and I had at Ruth's Chris was more than I certainly expected. The food was exceptional, especially the filet! Thanks for making our 46 wedding anniversary so nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up To Chain StandardsCharvisitorDined on 7/8/2014Although we were there on a Tuesday, it was a prime dining hour, and the restaurant was almost empty. Our waiter did not seem knowledgeable, almost as if it was his first night. Salad and potato were good; bread and butter were tasteless; spinach tasted out-of-the-box; both filets were not good cuts and one had to be returned because it was not cooked to order; and the bread pudding was served right out of the refrigerator, not even room temperature. For a $180 bill for two people, we were very disappointed and will not go there again. It seems as if this restaurant is in bad need of new management.
- Typical Ruth Chris RestaurantTweedBordeauxDined on 6/28/2014After living in New Orleans for several years I know Ruth Chris Steak House and I had the pleasure of meeting her in the 1970's and what she expected then......still stands the test of time. The service, food, interior restaurant decor, and General Manager were wonderful and excellent. That's what you expect and receive when you visit "Ruth Chris Steakhouses" anywhere and anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steaks and GumboamalarcherDined on 6/15/2014Everyone in my family loves the filets. The seafood gumbo and the Caesar salad are excellent. The sides are brought out family style to be shared. They have an excellent Scotch list as well as very good wine. The bread pudding is also one of the best that you'll ever find. This is my favorite restaurant for birthdays and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not nearly what I expected.Kincaid68Dined on 6/13/2014How do you not have the table ready once we arrive after we made reservations. You knew it was 4 of us coming, why not have a table for 4. None one's food was what we expected and even after we mentioned it, it was not addressed. It was like , we really don't care and for the money spent and the occasion, it was awful!!! Never again, we will spend our money where it is more appreciated.
- Worse dining experience in years.RCJ2VIPDined on 6/13/2014Horrible experience. Dinner took nearly an hour to be served. Once served the steak was well done not medium. Suffice to say I didn't wait another hour. Service was poor, the restaurant is aged.
- Great FoodBaileyDined on 6/11/2014Old time traditional elegant atmosphere with great high quality food. Fantastic wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful dining experience. All the food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodieDined on 6/6/2014The food was great. The waiter service was also excellent and knowledgable. My only complaint was The valet kept us waiting without acknowledging us while he chatted with another customer. We put the car in gear and he came running.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 355 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sandy Springs reviews archive.
- Fabulous!SailawaDined on 5/22/2014Great food! Great wine! Fantastic service! A favorite in the Atlanta area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDiamDined on 5/11/2014I have visited this location several times, but on this visit service was not that good. Maybe because it was mothers day?? :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleased.....deniseVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have been to other Ruth Chris' and have been pleased, Sandy Springs truly dissapointed us. First of all, we had a reservation and had to wait to e seated when the restaurant was not busy or crowded. Secondly, our server reached over my side to person sitting beside me numerous times. At one point her sleeve touched my face. How rude and dissrespectful. When changing silverware, she threw knife onto table, versus resting knife on table gently.The manager did NOT visit our table to make sure everything was ok. What broke the camels back, was when discussing these issues with the manager upon leaving, he nodded head. He did nothing to make us want to come back. Would definitely NOT recommend this place at all! Capita Grille is better!Special Features:
- The service was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014The dining experience was spectacular and the staff and management treat everyone in way that leaves you feeling like a star. The food, however, hardly rivaled Applebee's. Presentation was nice, but flavor was simply average- certainly not what I would expect for a $43 ribeye.
- Enjoyable first time experienceEpicureanExplorerDined on 4/5/2014Went to dinner with another couple because we both received gift certificates over the holidays. It was our first time dining at Ruth's and the food was very good. Our server recommended an excellent wine, and was very attentive. I ordered the NY Strip (20oz of steak), and it was prepared perfectly. The restaurant itself could use a little updating, but it was clean. I would recommend it to anyone going out for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit Under the BarBillDined on 4/4/2014The bar is located above the dining room in a sort of loft. We were having an intimate dinner when a large noisy group came into the bar. Because we were not under the floor of the bar, the noise traveled down around our seats. It made it impossible to hear at my own table. If I ever go there again, I won't allow them to seat us in the open like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service - disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Upon arrival, we were seated promptly. It took about 10 minutes before our waiter approached our table and immediately apologized for our long wait. We placed our drink order and had to wait about another 10-15 for water; yes, a glass of water. Our drinks came out about 10 minutes after our water. Around 9:10pm we placed our dinner order with our waiter. Finally, around 9:25pm, bread was brought to our table. While we were terribly disappointed with the slow service, we were pleased with the appetizer (Lobster bites); the steak and side dishes were excellent. However, the lobster that was served with the steak was more than disappointing. This was not my first time dining at Ruth's Chris - I left thinking it would be my last.
- Nice TimeNiceNFullDined on 3/22/2014Had a great time celebrating our occasion at Ruth Chris. The server, Ron was very knowledgeable and pleasant which definitely helped us enjoy our time. The food was great and I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just TypicalTomplusenoughlettersDined on 3/22/2014Saturday evening unexpectedly opened up for my wife and me, and Ruth's Chris accommodated us with last minute reservation. As is always the case, the steaks were superb and the dinner worth every penny. Every time I leave a Ruth's Chris, I wonder why we don't just eat out elsewhere half as often - the cost would be the same and the dinner more than twice as good.Special Features:
- Disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014This was once my favorite restaurant in ATL. In my last few visits, not only was it almost deserted, the experience was mediocre at best. Management presence seems to have disappeared, the greeting/welcome upon arrival has become non-existent, and the meal service spotty at best. My biggest disappointment however is the food quality - it just isn't the caliber it once was. Potatoes are dense and doughy, vegetable dishes over cooked and covered up in cheese, and the steaks just don't measure up. The filet usually remains a higher quality, but the other cuts (particularly the rib-eye) do not pass muster as "Prime" quality. Not sure what has happened, but ATL has too many fine steak restaurants to roll the dice with this one again. Sorry....
- Night OutSteakluverDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I treat ourselves to an expensive dinner 2-3 times a year. We've been going to Ruth Chris at this location for years. Our waitress was very sweet but slow as the hills. We sat down at 7:30 and had an app. then ordered main course. We received the main course at 9:00pm, maybe a little after. Food was very good but not worth the money. This location needs to update the nasty carpet and bathroom badly. The experience at Ruth Chris use to be a fine dining experience but not anymore. At this location in Sandy Springs.Special Features:
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Steaks here are still excellent after all these years. The age and location add a bit of character too I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakTammDined on 2/28/2014We all wanted steak and did not get disappointed. They can group the meals better with sides but I enjoyed my large tasty steak. Thank you. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We love going to the Sandy Springs Ruth Chris - it always delivers an amazing experience. The food is always on point and the service is top notch. If your looking for a great place to eat without a lot of kids, loud music, a great bottle of wine and amazing food - then Ruth Chris is the place you want to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeSJonesDined on 2/21/2014We had the best waiter Ron. He was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was excellent, the wine was great it was my son's birthday and the evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellentKathyHDined on 2/21/2014Excellent food, excellent wait staff….all and all a great evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very FrustratingDisappointedDined on 2/15/2014Don't have many characters: 1) gave our table to another couple (who abused system and answered to my name--total time waiting for table--35 mins [arrived ten minutes before our time]); 2) only one bartender on duty--took ten minutes of him saying "be right with you" before we actually got drinks; 3) because of no. 1, we were seated in a room OFF dining room (punishment?:), so the waiter MAY have had extra steps, so he 4) took another five-to-ten minutes to bring our wine choice; 5) never heard once an apology, only from high-schooler at front desk who originally screwed up. No paid bar tab, no free dessert, no nothing.....except they DID force themselves to take the $260 for dinner. mmm ?? I'm sure they felt bad about that. :-/Special Features: