Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Juan
5961 Isla Verde Avenue
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Juan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3838/San-Juan
- Phone: 7872531717
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sundays Lunch Hours: 11:30am - 3:00pm & Dinner from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth’s Chris Steak House San Juan currently has two private dining rooms and several semi-private areas for meetings, cocktail parties or dinners ranging from 10-260 people. Our larger room, The Borinquen Room has accommodations for as many as 80 guests seated, or 150 cocktail receptions. This room can be divided into two others separate rooms, The Flamboyán Room and The Coquí Room. Our Flamboyán Room is perfect for events up to 40 guests for dinner and up to 65 for cocktails. Our beautiful Coquí Room is ideal for events up to 35 guests for dinner and up to 45 for cocktails. Our intimate Garita Room can seat up to 20 guest, or 35 for a cocktail reception; is ideal for smaller events.
During the day, the entire restaurant is available for your exclusive use for breakfast, brunch or Lunch with a capacity of 260 guests. Whichever room you decide on, be assured, it will be an affair to remember for a long time!
- Private Party Contact: Wilmarie Robles 7872531717
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Juan
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is the largest fine-dining steak house group in the world, with over a 100 restaurants around the world; we serve only the finest Midwestern corn-fed beef available. When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the U.S. Prime steaks, broiled to perfection, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and award winning wine list, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Our experienced kitchen and service teams are still inspired by Ruth’s legendary dedication to her guest. So relax and enjoy our warm hospitality. Make it Ruth's Chris for your next meeting, party or family gathering. You will agree that there is no better place to dine with family, friends, and associates that Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Visit us and prepare to taste the greatest steak you've ever eaten. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, then welcome back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Juan - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Juan reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pricey but good experienceSammyDined on 6/28/2014They had pretty good food and great service. Just quite pricey. I got a steak and shrimp entree that came with 2 4 oz steaks and 6 pieces of shrimp.. this was $48 and came with 0 sides. We ordered a plate of mashed potatoes for $11, which was plenty for 3-4 people. This place is more for a special occasion. We also got a dessert for a birthday we were celebrating and they charged us for it, which I was disappointed with. So for 2 steak dinners with shrimp, 2 chicken dinners,2 plates of mashed potatoes, a calamari appetizer, a chocolate dessert, and 1 soda our bill was $244. After tip we paid over $300. I would go again, but only for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthday dinner celebrationJavierDined on 6/21/2014Friendly hostess greeted us upon arrival and wished my wife a happy birthday! She then escorted us to our table and threw confetti around the table, pretty neat! Server, Gabriel, was very knowledgeable and courteous. Had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Everything is tops. Great food and service. Very comfortable and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudJBNYCVIPDined on 5/23/2014Had a few loud guests at the bar. Service was excellant and friendly. Food was great, but next time I'll skip the lobster tail.Special Features:
- always a great mealJennD319Dined on 5/22/2014We had an amazing dinnet at Ruth Chris yet again! This meal made a perfect end to our vacation! Our server Claudia was fantastic, the service was professional and relaxing! We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love those sliders!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2014Old steak pub atmosphere and consistently good dining, always a 1st stop when we arrive on the island. If you haven't had the spicy lobster, try it.....delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Great customer service. I can recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Doll57Dined on 5/11/2014Wonderful Mother's Day late lunch! Even was presented with a $25 discount gift certificate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Juan reviews archive.
- Ruth Chris dosent Speak SpanishCaptWafferDined on 4/25/2014I have eaten here in the past and it has always been up to most of Ruth Chris standards, but tonight Ruth Chris wasn't speaking Spanish. Greeted, Seated and service all up to Ruth's Standards, after receiving my appetizers and settling in for what I hoped to be a great meal the sever arrived with my entrée, he even look confused as my oysters Rockefeller were still steaming hot, he politely set the sizzling Hot rib eye down warned my of the hot plate and waked away, of course by the time I cut into the rib eye it was luke-warm, the steak was vastly under seasoned, tough and had the hint of I was in the freezer earlier today, my side of Potatoes au Gratin were undercooked. Service Good food Not so much - Ruth would be vastly disappointed.
- Great place to get a great mealNYScottDined on 4/16/2014We were in San Juan PR and were looking for a great family atmosphere for a family dinner to celebrate our R&R time away together from our normal grind in New York. We had a really good experience and a great meal.Special Features:
- A great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2014I’ve eaten at several Ruth’s Chris locations, and San Juan is my favorite. The best steak and the best service. And the best onion rings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent. OurMikeCoronaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Service was excellent. Our waiter Manolo was on top of everything along with his assistant Edwin, who was very gracious and also had great timing. Food was also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!meranrDined on 3/26/2014Ruth's Chris is one of my favorite restaurants. Consistency is their best trait; food is always perfect and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as always with Ruth ChriskathyDined on 3/20/2014Waiter was very stuffy and stiff. Was on vacation with my college age kids and was more like a business meal vs relaxed vacation meal. The rest of the wait staff was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak like you want it!FoodloverDined on 2/28/2014Exactly what you've come to expect from a Ruth's Chris' a perfectly cooked steak, comforting side dishes and an excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one complaintFamilyof5Dined on 2/24/2014My family of five, including two children, had a very nice meal at the Ruth’s Chris in the Intercontinental Hotel in Isla Verde, San Juan, Puerto Rico. My only complaint is the steak of one of our party was undercooked. When sent back it was simply put back under the broiler. The result was one of the two pieces was now very overcooked. At the prices charged, I think they should have cooked a new steak to the doneness asked for when ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksDrSalgadoVIPDined on 2/22/2014Dinner was very good, all steaks were cooked excellent Specially the new mignon with bone!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHectorDogDined on 2/20/2014Good food as always, but noisy and a bit overdone. And expensive compared to same resturant in mainland US.Special Features:
- Amazing!js09Dined on 2/16/2014We had reservations and was quickly seated when we arrived. The server was outstanding. The server was very attentive and food came out quickly. My husband said that the salmon was some of the best he had ever tasted. The food came out hot on hot plates. I would definitely go back on a return trip to Puerto Rico!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't meet Ruth's Chris StandardsLVAADined on 2/14/2014This Ruth’s Chris location did not live up to the standards of all the other US locations. Our service was lacking, the lobster in the bisque and in the mac and cheese was overcooked and the taste was off, the salad had a hair in it, the filet mignon was not cooked as ordered and plating was sloppy. As our plates and breadcrumbs piled up on our table we had to ask for them to be removed. After spending $100+ we left and I had not eaten.
- Valentines dinnerCttravelerVIPDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines Day and following a drink in the bar decided to sit at one of the tables in the bar. A little more intimate and less formal that the main dining room. The menu is great, hard to decide what to order. The oysters were fresh and delicious and steaks always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic. Really enjoyedDeb56VIPDined on 1/27/2014Fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Service was excellent by Claudia (Dining room) and Lydia (Bar).I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLlovesPRDined on 1/18/2014I normally do not go to "chain" restaurants on vacations as I like to eat the local fare. Ruth's Chris in San Juan was amazing. The service was really phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great FoodWisconsinDined on 1/6/2014We have enjoyed Ruth Chris steak before and our expectations were met. My rib eye was perfect, and my wife's crab cakes were very good. Service was good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average for the $$$lovetoeatanddrinkDined on 12/27/2013Think the restaurant is to big for the service level. Go to all upscale steak houses, so we feel we know what we should expect--this was average-typical. We drove from Rio Mar area -- so expected better. Best part about Ruth Chris was location. Intercontinental and El San Juan hotel very upscale. Travel to PR 3-4 f times a year on business or pleasure will look for other steak house next time.
- Always delish.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013Food and service excellent. A bit disappointed that the special they had listed in the menu was not honored as it was a holiday. It should have said that on the page or they should have removed the page for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Steak anywhere.JordyVIPDined on 11/5/2013Ruths Chris can not be beat when it comes to a great steak.This one in San Juan is as good if not better then those I have been to on The US Mainland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++++++PR2013Dined on 10/27/2013Excellent restaurant with excellent service and great food and steak that just melts in your mouth would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Outstanding ServicertaormDined on 9/25/2013The food at Ruth's Chris is aways top quality so the only variable is the service. I've got to say that in that regard that the service and staff at this location are simply outstanding. From the moment you arrive at the door and throughout the meal, you are made to feel like you're a special guest and treated like an old friend. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent prix fixe with multipleknittingmaven1VIPDined on 9/21/2013Excellent prix fixe with multiple choices all of which were excellent. Service efficient and friendlySpecial Features:
- Best of the restDRMNDined on 9/21/2013You will never go wrong in here. Aside from being one of the better appointed clubby atmosphere, steak house from this great chain, the people are great. And the food....perfection every time.Special Features:
- A touch of home in Puerto RicoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2013Classics, fresh ingredients, and superb preparation go hand in hand with consistent outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad for San JuanBobbyDined on 8/25/2013Compared with other restaurants in the San Juan area, Ruth's Chris was a solid performer. However, if you expect the same level of service typically experienced by this reviewer at other Ruth's Chris locations, you'll be disappointed. Don't get me wrong; the staff was pleasant and polite; but lacking that little extra "zing" of other restaurants in the group. For example, I selected a specific wine from the extensive list, but the waiter brought a different vintage; one known for being lower-grade than listed in the menu. A quick change to a different wine resolved that. The food was spot-on to the standard experienced at all other Ruth's Chris locations I've eaten at, which is to say it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLargeDined on 8/25/2013The food is always great here. Mike my server was outstanding. In general all ruths Chris are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysFoodloverDined on 8/24/2013Ruth's Chris' service never disappoints and, as always, the food was delicious! Great wine selection for those that like to indulge, the steak's are a must have and make sure to finish with one of their desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2013Way too expensive. Baked potato was $10! Better value at Outback.
- Ruth Chris has done it againfrancisco2prVIPDined on 7/27/2013Again the food was excellent, although this time the service was one notch below the usual level. My filet mignon was very tender and perfectly cooked, as usual, and the other 2 persons in my group all said that their meals were excellent, including the lobster.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I were on vacationWillgoADined on 7/23/2013My family and I were on vacation in Isla Verde for a week. Ruth's Chris was connected to our hotel which made getting there really easy. I am normally not a real big eater (not dieting just dont eat a lot). However, the meal that I had was excellent and I ate it all! I hardly ever leave a restaurant without a to-go box/bag. I had the Chef's dinner with 4 courses. My steak was cooked to perfection and brought out really fast. My husband and sons all had steaks that they absolutely loved. From the bottle of wine to the desserts everything was fantastic and very comprable to the Ruth's Chris in our home state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysfrancisco2prVIPDined on 7/20/2013Ruth Chris has the best filet mignon, very very tender and perfectly cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined here twice this trip. ConsistOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2013Dined here twice this trip. Consistency of service and food was excellent. We have found a great spot for us for classic dining with a twist of the islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.