Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
1355 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3508/San-Diego
- Phone: 6192331422
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Serrano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Jaclyn Kinnon 6195508529
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)scenic view (87)romantic (74)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Dinner at San Diego Harbor ViewPriceyMemoryOrCheapRegretDined on 9/18/2014PROS: VIEW! Our server suggested waiting for my guest to arrive before serving her Blue Crab Cakes. He was right of course; however, we want something to eat immediately upon seating. When I told him this he promptly served my flavorful Lobster Bisque and her Crab Cakes...5-Stars for accommodating my special ridiculous request without giving me hate looks...very professional! She arrived and was pleased to see her Crab Cakes were served (hot on their 500-degree plate). Her Barbecued Shrimp and my perfect large Filet with butter sautéed sliced mushrooms ensured our return. The Tempura Onion Rings, Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan crust, and Lobster Cheese Mac we also took home for others! CON: Call to turn elevator on. 5-Stars++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayRicksReviewsVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ruth's made my wife's birthday a marvelous surprise. On top of their usually outstanding food and service, from birthday greetings from everyone in the place who called my wife by name, to having a birthday greeting in her name printed on the menu, to a or decorated table, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- THAT SPECIAL TOUCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, preparing to send a loved one off or just want to treat yourself to a fine dining experience, Ruth's Chris Steak House-San Diego is your place. From start to finish, everything is top-notch. The staff, the menu, the wine list, the food, the service and the view, just AMAZING! Trust me the list goes on. My partner and I were in San Diego celebrating our 6th Anniversary and Ruth's Chris did everything possible to make our evening there special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedTomAVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to Ruth's Chris on Harbor Drive for our anniversary. We had reservations through Open Table and we were seated at a nice table with an ocean view very quickly. We both ordered the bone in fillet, one rare and one medium rare. We were served two NY Strip steaks both medium. They were very good quality but not what we ordered. We sent one back, which meant one of us had food while the other waited. OK, mix ups happen no biggie. We also had two sides; a salad (nothing to write about, it was a simple salad with goat cheese and nuts. You could get the same thing at 100 other places) and shoestring potatoes which arrived cold accompanied by a fried olive and a piece of plastic (that wound up in my gf's mouth).Special Features:
- Superb as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/30/2014Jim and I ate at Ruth's Chris Saturday night. The food, as always, was excellent. Blake, our favorite server, took such good care of us as he always does. It was a joy to sit and enjoy the evening and the view of the bay. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteaztouristDined on 8/30/2014We vacation in San Diego every year, and dining here is one of the highlights! The food is always exceptional, and they offer a nice kid's menu as well. The sides are all served family style, which is great for sharing! The views of the harbor are gorgeous, and the sunsets are lovely. The service is excellent and above reproach. My entire family, including two teenagers and a pre-teen, always look forward to dining here as a very special treat, and we have never been disappointed!! I can't recommend it enough! It can seem pricey if you've never been before, but it is absolutely worth every single penny!Special Features:
- Great!Foodie25Dined on 8/29/2014Are there enough adjectives to explain how wonderful the steaks are? Divine, consistent, splendid....entire family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AaronDined on 8/29/2014Service was excellent! However then Ribeye Steak was medium rare (ordered rare) & the steaks were tough for being prime beef. The other dinner items work great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views, good food, pricey.HappydinerDined on 8/23/2014Food was great and location can't be beat. But for the price, plates seem a little empty. The a la carte sides will hit you in the wallet if you don't share, so make sure you and your guest like the same foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The UsualJamesDined on 8/23/2014The service and the food was fantastic as usual and the view was outstanding. They had our table waiting just as requested.Special Features:
- Special BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Took my mother and father in-law to celebrate their birthdays. We had an absolutely wonderful dinner, excellent service and of course surrounded by a beautiful sunset. The food was delicious and certainly the dining experience we were hoping to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingmah535Dined on 8/19/2014I have been to San Diego twice and both times we have had a dinner here. This time it was for my wife's birthday. From the menu printed with a birthday greeting, to the best steak ever, to the complementary birthday dessert, it was all fantastic. Just remember that fantastic has a price. But being spoiled like this now and then is worth it.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The restaurant really made celebrating my wife's 50th birthday special. They provided a complimentary dessert and picture and even wrote Happy 50th on the menu. As usual, the food was wonderful and the server was outstanding!Special Features:
- Give a baby sitter a job!JustthefactsDined on 8/15/2014For the life of me, I really don't understand WHY families with 'babies' take them to places like this. An expensive classy dining establishment seems like the wrong place for families with tiny children. If they can afford to eat here, they should be able to afford a baby sitter and not ruin others dining experience with their fussy crying kiddos. And, letting the toddlers 'explore' totally ruins the mood for many other diners. While our server was terrific and food absolutely delish, I wish the restaurant would have an age appropriate requirement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeluvThisPlaceDined on 8/10/2014All my visits to Ruth Chris were memorable. I've had nothing but good experiences here. The food, service, and staff are outstanding. I love going here. The steaks are ALWAYS cooked to perfection and hot to the last bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impresses!IrisDined on 8/8/2014The food was spot on as usual and you can't beat the view! Our server, Ulton was such a delight and really took care if every detail. He even charmed our one year old grandson we brought along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland steak, excellent serviceNameVIPDined on 8/2/2014Started with the lobster appetizer: fair/good. Presentation was excellent, lobster wasn't overcooked, but not particularly flavorful. I had a petite rib eye: cooked as ordered (med rare), but under seasoned for a prime cut. The original shoe-strings fries were overcooked; returned for a much, much better serving of fries. Berries and cream for dessert: the cream is wonderful, but this time it was mostly cream and an insufficient number of berries to balance the cream. Interiors probably need an update. I had a small table at the window and it worked out great - far away from the noise. Service was excellent - a major improvement over my last visit. I can't remember the waiter's name (Von or Zan?), but he was excellent.
- The perfect steakhouse on sandiegoJpierreDined on 8/1/2014We Went to the Ruth chrys steak house With my familly Just one word: PERFECTIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchBusinesstravelerDined on 8/1/2014This came highly recommended if you wanted a steak. I eat at a lot of steak houses but this one took the cake and I don't know that I would be able to eat anywhere for a while because I would compare it to this and most likely be thoroughly disappointed. Ruth's Chris was hamds down the best steak house ever! Great view of the bay, the ribeye is where it's at and melts in your mouth, the portions are almost shareable, and to top your meal off you have to go with the cremebrulee! Steaks come out on a sizzling plate right out of the oven and they are seasoned to perfection! I will be returning to San Diego just for this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always win at Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Spent a perfect evening with 5 ladies. Service from Cecil and the entire team was top notch. Will always visit for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnriqueDined on 7/29/2014Very good. RC is a guarantee everywhere ! I have been in different locations and the food & service are excellent. Congratulations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beetle911Dined on 7/25/2014This was my second experience at Ruth's Chris. Both times the food and service was great. Great place for birthdays and special times when you want the best in food and service. Waiter was excellent and very attentive to our service. We had an excellent table location and the price for our entire dinner was very reasonable. Will book again at our next birthday or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, View, & ServiceTwo4OneDined on 7/23/2014We went for our Anniversary and they added rose petals to our table that just happened to equal the number of years we were celebrating. They took our picture and overall just made us feel special on our night out. This is one of my favorite places to eat and I recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Sunday evening dining.SocialDOSCMDined on 7/20/2014We ate early evening and were seated in a nice booth. It was sunset, so the shades were being adjusted and tweaked with mixed success. But it's a San Diego Harbor view nonetheless! Steak was great. The lobster/mac appetizer was enough for two to share with some left to take home, it was superb! A really positive dining experience a little open to be romantic but really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!risonrgDined on 7/19/2014Ruth's Chris on North Harbor Drive is one of our favorite fine dining restaurants! The food is consistently fantastic and the service (Peter, especially) goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we are well taken care of. We tried the new lobster macaroni and cheese, which came highly recommended, and it was terrific! I love their ribeye - served on 500 degree plates, so when they say "don't touch", DON'T TOUCH! - and they even took a picture of us and gave us a copy, which was great since we were celebrating our anniversary. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningAlyceFSUDined on 7/19/2014This was our first experience at the SD Ruth's Chris. We were seated in a booth (semi circle shaped, 4 people) facing the harbor and had a beautiful view. The service was outstanding and the food was delectable. After dinner we watched the fireworks over Sea World from our table while having dessert. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unforgettableUnforgettableDined on 7/18/2014I just LOVE Ruth's Chris restaurant! It is my FAVORITE place to celebrate my birthday. I come EVERY year! I am in love with their cheese stuffed chicken breast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDisappointedVIPDined on 7/10/2014We continue to return to this Ruth's Chris because of the consistency of great food, good service, and the overall comfort and ease of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbieDined on 7/8/2014My husband steak, the bone in filet was wonderful, I had scallops they were ok. I thought the food for the price, lacked presentation. The plates they served there food on were coffee shop plates, which took away from the presentation of the food. The lyonaise potatoes that I ordered were not very good, the waiter replaced them with mashed potatoes that were much better. For two people our bill was 180.00 without the tip , we each had two drinks and one salad. All and all I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great steaks and lobster tailJonasVIPDined on 7/6/2014Super great service, and super yummy food. Don't order too much cuz the entrée is very filling...unless you can eat a lot, then order all you want. Would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Doesn't DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/4/2014As usual, we had the most fantastic dinner at Ruth's Chris on July 4. Our server, Blake, was terrific as always as he knows I have special dietary needs. The food was delicious and everything about the dinner was marvelous. The fireworks afterwards were also great. A wonderful evening overall.Special Features:
- vegetarians, still luv this place!LuvbrunchDined on 7/4/2014Always come here for special occasions. First time was the day after our wedding. This weekend was to celebrate the in laws bday. Did not disappoint. Even the seafood was wonderful! Luv this place! Even wonderful view for the 4th of July fireworks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obnoxious customerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014There was an obnoxious customer that the manager and staff did not deal with. We were at the restaurant on 30 JUNE and a customer was cussing and yelling at other customers. He did not get thrown out. Very bad situation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014The food that we ordered was great expecially the lobster mac n cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YES, IT'S WORTH THE $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Wanted a romantic dinner for my husband's birthday - we love Ruth's Chris SH in Carmel Del Mar so I booked with Open Table for San Diego. No fuss. After rejecting the table offered to us too as too close to the blender at the bar, we waited another 15 minutes and were given a bay view window. Everything started to fall into place after that. Pricey dinner but overall a good experience. We would go back of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsEncinoDined on 6/27/2014Ruth's Chris has never disappointed us in the years we have been goin there. Great for special occasions or for anything else for that matter.Special Features:
- Worth IT!!foodheadDined on 6/27/2014Great restaurant. Best filet mignon. Best night ever!!Special Features:
- What's not to love?NineInchNealDined on 6/24/2014If you wish to have a great steak in a terrific setting, Ruth's Chris on Harbor is the place to go. Phenomenal food, matched with service that you can trust will always put yours and your guests enjoyment as their priority. The Lobster Mac-n-Cheese and Seared Ahi are my favorite starters, and I always end with Crème brûlée. Try them and you'll see why!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!MeredithDined on 6/20/2014My new husband took me to this excellent restaurant during our honeymoon. I'd never been to one and he wanted to show me what I'd been missing. When the food arrived it was hot, fresh and incredibly delicious!! The fact that the filet was still sizzling on the searing hot plate was impressive, but the flavor is what sold me. WOW! If I could make steak taste this good is never leave the house. Instead I'll return to the nearest Ruth's Chris at my next opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualJamesDined on 6/20/2014As always the service and selection and food was outstanding. They work extra hard to make your evening an enjoyable experience. Well done to all of you!Special Features: