Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
1355 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3508/San-Diego
- Phone: 6192331422
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Serrano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Jaclyn Kinnon 6195508529
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)scenic view (110)romantic (89)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (39)good for groups (34)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Romantic wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We decided to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary here since this was the place my husband took me on our first date! Ruth's Chris staff went above and beyond to make our dinner memorable. From personalized menu to red heart confettis sprinkled all over our table to anniversary dessert, it was simply amazing! Thank you Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great, service was excellent. My steak was cooked to perfection, and it was delicious. The staff made sure the dining experience was exceptional. I will be coming back to this restaurant, and I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luis was great !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Attention and birthday confetti and desert, view was great and steaks were fantastic, Our first time here and will come back ,liked the Vanilla cream beer !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was fantasticEathere469Dined on 10/14/2014Luis was our server, he was pleasant, service was top notch. All of the food was hot and very well done. Would recommend a meal here anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive dining experienceluvfinediningDined on 10/12/2014Even if steak is not your favorite choice, you will change your mind about filet's after tasting Ruth Chris' choices. I'm a foodie, very particular and don't give out many outstanding comments. However, the food and service here deserves an excellent recommendation.Special Features:
- Expensive, but good.MonicaPVIPDined on 10/11/2014The spouse and I ordered the porter house for two and it was delicious .. we ordered it medium rare and it was closer to rare .. so the cooks should pay more attention to the order. The lobster mac/cheese was ok .. I wasn't fond of the jalapeno taste and won't order this again. The Raspberry Rosemary Cosmo was divine .. I'd go back just for this drink !!
- Superb!!!!!RionaDined on 10/10/2014We've been going to Ruth's cris for the last 10+ years. It's by far the best steak house around. Service is very,very good!!!! Our favorite server is Blake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerLuv2dineDined on 10/3/2014My husband, son and I had a great dinner, with excellent service. Had to wait for 20 minutes after our reservation time but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyTropicaleVIPDined on 10/3/2014We went during Restaurant Week and they were very busy. They stuck us in a room that is probably used for private parties and large groups. It was very poor seating planning to put a couple (2 people) in a room of all large parties. There were about 12 tables which had 4 to 12 people at them and the noise level wasn't just loud it was "painful"! BTW a manager did make the rounds and stop by all the tables and we espressed our displeasure and he did give us a quick "sorry. The food and service was great but the noise level really spoiled our time!Special Features:
- Sunset PerfectKaroPeachDined on 10/3/2014Great food, great service, beautiful sunset...will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good but not GREAT619foodieDined on 10/2/2014Our Ruth Chris dining experience was good but not GREAT. Restaurant was poorly lit and noise level was high. One table had too much to drink. The manager was clearly concerned. The steaks were tasty and well prepared. Service was great. However, if you want to spend $100 or more per person, then knock yourself out. For the price, I was expecting gold plated steaks that would knock me off my feet! The 500 degree plate statement is a gimmick. Charging for separate entrees is another gimmick. If I am pay $50 for a broiled steak, I would expect a baked potato or a side vegetable dish. The desert was purchased in bulk and replated. I am sure that many that would disagree with me. This is just my opinion. I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.
- gorgeousMo9330VIPDined on 10/2/2014Incredible views of the San Diego Bay so ask for an outside or window table. We tried their restaurant week menu and I would highly recommend it for a great deal and a chance to try a few items on the menu you might not normally pay attention to. Their seared ahi tuna was incredible. Very filling, expertly cooked, seasoned, and served. The jumbo scallops with sweet corn, spinach and baby tomatoes were just perfect. Not what I would normally get at a steakhouse, but the hubby did the rib eye so I HAD to try something else. His rib eye was excellent, although if you get the au poirve sauce, maybe ask for it on the side; we got a heavy pour. I did a wine pairing with my dinner and got an amazing and recommended pinot noir from Belle Glos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night DiningfoodiesdDined on 10/1/2014Ruth's Chris always provides excellent and impeccable service. It has wonderful ocean and downtown views and there really isn't a bad seat in the whole place. The steak is wonderfully delicious along with the mashed potatoes. If you are considering am appetizer, definitely order the tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice!MsMissyGourmetDined on 9/28/2014The food is great, always. The wine selection is excellent, the service is reliable and the San Diego location has a marvelous view of the marina. A wonderful place for a date night. Going solo is no problem there either. The bar area has smaller tables and the service is not any less wonderful. I travel for work and go there for dinner often before I fly out of San Diego. They check my bags while I dine! YAY! Thr airport is 5 minutes away and cabs are easily accessible. I'm never dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye ravesFitFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Cans here for Restaurant Week...again. As always, they have the best selection for a mere $45. Get the sweet potato casserole for a $2 prix fixe difference. You won't be sorry. And a medium cooked ribeye is the delicious way to go. Thank you for your great service Liz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement AnniversaryRestaurantLoversDined on 9/26/2014My fiance and I have been wanting to try this place for a few years, and finally did. Since it was restaurant week we ordered of the prefixed menu, and we were booth very pleased with the whole dining experience. We will defenitly be back after were done paying for our wedding. Lol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014$45 per meal which is a great price but we were served instant mashed potatoes and they were gross. The creme brûlée was delicious.Special Features:
- Restaurant week traditionLouieCVDined on 9/26/2014We have made a tradition of coming here for restaurant week. Good food and ambiance. Cheers!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - First TimerFamilyof3Dined on 9/26/2014We have been wanting to try this place for some time, and with Restaurant Week it was a great opportunity. The food was delish - they were very busy because of the price fixe menu, but everything was perfect. The staff was friendly, and the food - AMAZING! We will definitely go back for another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLyyyssssDined on 9/26/2014Our food was great and our server Ben was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday made special!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014From the hostess spreading confetti on table as we were seated to every waiter and staff saying Happy Birthday, to candle on dessert and framed picture to take home, was a nice way to celebrate birthday. Of course food was fabulous too! Great Restaurant Week special was exceptional with three courses.Special Features:
- DeliciousLoves2travelDined on 9/26/2014What can I say, Ruth Chris never disappoints. We had the seared Ahi, and shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, petite filet with sautéed mushrooms and stuffed chicken with garlic mash potatoes, for dessert, chocolate cake and cheesecake and ice cream...all of the food was amazing! The steak just melts in your mouth. Will be coming again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbdDhelDined on 9/25/2014Amazing level of service. Love the attention to detail in food and acknowledging special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth wateringJaTopinionDined on 9/25/2014My wife and I ate at Ruth Chris for San Diego restaurant week. The ahi appetizer was delicious and so tasty. Our ribeye steaks were cooked to perfection and juicy and delicious. The waiters were very attentive and polite and the view is beautiful. The restaurant itself is clean and classy. While the menu is costly the guality of the food here is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sTRIPLErDined on 9/25/2014I remember coming here before restaraunt week years ago or ever knew restaraunt week ever existed. The steaks here are amazing. The seasoning is so simple yet the steaks comes out bursting with flavor. The seared ahi is to die for and you better have your prayers ready for the chocolate sin cake.Special Features:
- awesomelizthebizzDined on 9/24/2014great service...awesome food..a little pricey but so worth it.Special Features:
- Great dinner & amazing servicerebeccaDined on 9/24/2014Great dinner and amazing service. Noise level was high, but the food and wine were amazing.Special Features:
- PeacockDined on 9/24/2014The service was great. The food was even better. My steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Over-ratedGeliDined on 9/23/2014For how fancy it is made out to be I was actually disappointed. They seated us in some back room that seemed more like a closet than a restaurant. The waiter was everything but attentive. The food was okay. Was not the romantic and elegant setting that I hoped for...the only thing fancy was the bill :)Special Features:
- Great dine!bakster21Dined on 9/22/2014Had an excellent Restaurant Week dining experience, and hope to return soon!
- Will's DinnerWillDined on 9/21/2014We have dined at many of Ruths Chris restaurants in the USA and this was not a let down. Everyone we have visited is very similar. They all have great service and outstanding food. We have never been disappointed when we dine here. The quality of the food seems to be standard within all of the restaurants(outstanding). The real plus to this place was the harbor view and the sunset. This all added up to a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at San Diego Harbor ViewPriceyMemoryOrCheapRegretDined on 9/18/2014PROS: VIEW! Our server suggested waiting for my guest to arrive before serving her Blue Crab Cakes. He was right of course; however, we want something to eat immediately upon seating. When I told him this he promptly served my flavorful Lobster Bisque and her Crab Cakes...5-Stars for accommodating my special ridiculous request without giving me hate looks...very professional! She arrived and was pleased to see her Crab Cakes were served (hot on their 500-degree plate). Her Barbecued Shrimp and my perfect large Filet with butter sautéed sliced mushrooms ensured our return. The Tempura Onion Rings, Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan crust, and Lobster Cheese Mac we also took home for others! CON: Call to turn elevator on. 5-Stars++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayRicksReviewsVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ruth's made my wife's birthday a marvelous surprise. On top of their usually outstanding food and service, from birthday greetings from everyone in the place who called my wife by name, to having a birthday greeting in her name printed on the menu, to a or decorated table, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- THAT SPECIAL TOUCH!Love4FineDiningDined on 9/13/2014Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, preparing to send a loved one off or just want to treat yourself to a fine dining experience, Ruth's Chris Steak House-San Diego is your place. From start to finish, everything is top-notch. The staff, the menu, the wine list, the food, the service and the view, just AMAZING! Trust me the list goes on. My partner and I were in San Diego celebrating our 6th Anniversary and Ruth's Chris did everything possible to make our evening there special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedTomAVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to Ruth's Chris on Harbor Drive for our anniversary. We had reservations through Open Table and we were seated at a nice table with an ocean view very quickly. We both ordered the bone in fillet, one rare and one medium rare. We were served two NY Strip steaks both medium. They were very good quality but not what we ordered. We sent one back, which meant one of us had food while the other waited. OK, mix ups happen no biggie. We also had two sides; a salad (nothing to write about, it was a simple salad with goat cheese and nuts. You could get the same thing at 100 other places) and shoestring potatoes which arrived cold accompanied by a fried olive and a piece of plastic (that wound up in my gf's mouth).Special Features:
- Superb as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/30/2014Jim and I ate at Ruth's Chris Saturday night. The food, as always, was excellent. Blake, our favorite server, took such good care of us as he always does. It was a joy to sit and enjoy the evening and the view of the bay. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteaztouristDined on 8/30/2014We vacation in San Diego every year, and dining here is one of the highlights! The food is always exceptional, and they offer a nice kid's menu as well. The sides are all served family style, which is great for sharing! The views of the harbor are gorgeous, and the sunsets are lovely. The service is excellent and above reproach. My entire family, including two teenagers and a pre-teen, always look forward to dining here as a very special treat, and we have never been disappointed!! I can't recommend it enough! It can seem pricey if you've never been before, but it is absolutely worth every single penny!Special Features:
- Great!Foodie25Dined on 8/29/2014Are there enough adjectives to explain how wonderful the steaks are? Divine, consistent, splendid....entire family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AaronDined on 8/29/2014Service was excellent! However then Ribeye Steak was medium rare (ordered rare) & the steaks were tough for being prime beef. The other dinner items work great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views, good food, pricey.HappydinerDined on 8/23/2014Food was great and location can't be beat. But for the price, plates seem a little empty. The a la carte sides will hit you in the wallet if you don't share, so make sure you and your guest like the same foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.